Sanctuary

otter

Name: Zazius

Species: Skakdi.

Faction: The Noble Order of the Brother-Knights of the Well.

Appearance: A tall, almost toalike build, with clawed feet and gauntlets. He walks slightly hunched over, although nowhere near as much as others of his species do. To hide his grinning features, he wears a protosteel sugerloaf helm. He wears a protosteel cuirass and pauldrons. At his belt are two swords. Over this he wears the black mantle of his order.

Weapons and Possessions: Twin short swords, more like bladed clubs than anything; their edged are jagged, and with the strength the skakdi puts behind his blows they can crush into, and sometimes through, armor. He carries a compact flame gun that he uses to generate his element of fire.

Powers: he can generate flame through his gun. His eyebeams telekinetically seize control of whatever they hit. Lastly, he has a third power of doubled speed and strength.

Biography: Zazius was a mercenary and a skilled fighter before he met Boran. He did not join him until after the attacks, when Boran formed the Order. He is one of the most warlike of the Order, feeling no regret at the slaying of Cultists. However, he will always have a ready defense, arguing about justice constantly, even factoring in the impossibility of mercy in most circumstances.

Hmm.I'm a bit leery to approve those particular eyebeams, plus doubled speed and strength. The eyebeams alone are basically a Matatu, plus the equivalent of about half a Pakari and a quarter of a Kakama?If you give one of these powers a solid, exploitable weakness, he should be fine.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

...A quarter?More like 1/100 of the kakama speed.Eyebeams weakness: he actually has to hit the thing he wants to move. That makes it much much more dodgable than a Matatu.Double strength is nowhere near one half a pakari, at all. The strength of two skakdi, while above average, is not that much. Speed, same thing. He's simply unusually fast and strong. A Pakari user could send him flying with ease, and a Kakama user could kill him before he could blink.

Skakdi, on the whole, are strong enough and fast enough to take on the Nuva and win. I don't care how close to the respective masks those abilities are, twice as strong and twice as fast is twice as strong and twice as fast as is needed to take on the Nuva.I noted that weakness for the eyebeams already. That was already taken into consideration in my judgment. Just because he has to look at something before he can use telekinesis on it, doesn't mean it's a weakness. Seeing as when one uses a Matatu, one has to be able to concentrate on the object in question.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Name: ZaakSpecies and Gender: Male ToaPowers: He has control over plasma. He can liquify or vaporize most substances, and is extremely resistant to heat. Zaak can Ionize (destroy) most incoming projectiles. His mask of adaptivity allows him shallow breathing underwater, slow him down a fall if he falls from somewhere, stop him from completely freezing, etc.Appearance: His armor is black, but he has orange highlights on his limbs. He has green eyes and wears a black mask of adaptivity shaped like a Huna. (picture)- http://imgur.com/a/fsbyrWeapons and Possessions: His weapon of choice is a modified cordak blaster, and has a shield made of protosteel. His cordak blaster is deadly accurate, and its missiles have an increased explosion radius. He has light armor can take a little damage before failing. Faction: NeutralBiography: Zaak woke up in a desert, only remebering his name. He is looking for his reason for being in this world, as he feels destiny brought him here for something important.Weaknesses: He is slow, inexperienced with using elemental powers, and his mask takes all of his concentration.I made up the mask, so I'm not sure if it will be approved (he can't do much else when using it)-sonyaxe

Umm, I think the copy/paste didn't work, when I posted it it looked fine (hehe)If I'm right, it was the biography and the mask not having its own section, right?Here is is again:Name:ZaakSpecies: ToaGender: MaleAppearance: A young but muscular and tall toa, he has very light-looking armor. His armor is black, along with his mask, hands, and feet, but his arms and legs are orange. His armor is fairly new, and he has no scars.Weapons and Possessions: His main weapon is a cordak blaster modified to shoot on land. He has a shield made out of protosteel. His armor is very light, and will take very little damage before failing. He has a basic survival kit that includes a long knife, food, water, etc.Mask: He has a black mask of adaptation shaped like a Huna that allows him to barely survive in most extreme natural situations. (If a makuta shoots chain lightning, for example, the mask wouldn't work. If he falls underwater and can't get out, he could breathe shallowly for an hour so he could maybe escape) (if my mask power isn't approved, it is a mask of concealment)Powers: He has very little control over his powers, but he is a toa of plasma that can radiate heat, and is resistant to it. He can shoot small streams of pure plasma, whichwill melt most substances. He is slow, like 3/4 of normal speed, but has amazing stamina and is really strong.Faction: The Children of the WellBiogrpahy: He believes he came from a parallel universe, as part of a botched experiment or warp gate, because he woke up in a cavern near Av-Metru with no memory. He decided that the Children of the Well were fighting for a better cause than the other factions, so he joined them.P.S. You were talking to me about looking at the rules and such, right?-sonyaxe

Well, as I said before, it only works for survival, if a toa of water tried to drown me, the mask wouldn't work... it is only for not dying in nature (I should have called it a mask of survival)Edit: I didn't see the "if"part of your approval... my bad.-sonyaxe

Edited by sonyaxe

Name: KriathosSpecies and gender: Male Nikus.

A Nikus is a warrior very similar to a Toa, with a few key differences. They too have element control (at half power), but they can ONLY focus it through a weapon into something the weapon is touching, or something the Nikus is touching, with the exception of air and water. Those two elements can attack within a 10 ft radius. Niki are faster, more agile, and slightly stronger than normal toa though, almost to calix level, but not quite. While their species can interface with masks, masks aren't required. The biggest obvious difference is the pair of wings attached to their backs, though they have a different function in different elements. They are similar enough to toa and glatorian for there to be crosses, though this is rare. Species approved by Kal Grochi. Anyone that wants one, PM me.

Appearance: Niki tend to have shining armor, and Kriathos is no exception. The armor on his body, forearms, and lower legs are sky blue, his hands, upper arms and upper legs white. Also, in true Niki fashion, he has the code of honor in his language tattooed on his arms in gold, the same on the outside of his armor.Weapons and possessions: Two protosteel shortswords, a rope with a hook on the end, armor, mask, notebook, and the green book all Niki have, that they refuse to reveal what it is or what is in it. This basically makes it impossible to read, as it is in the Niki language.Mask: dark blue Huna. Allows him to turn invisible, but he still leaves a shadow.Powers: Half toa level control over lightning, only at melee range. His wings allow flight, their special ability being that they are metal coated, and almost impossible to hurt. He flies by electromagnetism. Very fast, strong, and agile, only outmatched at everything normally by a toa wearing a Calix. Excellent swordfighter, as all Niki are trained from the time they are 5.Faction: Primarily his species, though he'll serve the code in everything. Due to this, you may classify him under Av-Metru council, though he'll help the others at times.Bio: The Niki species was only discovered just before the Ul'Kar hit. Whether they are prototype toa or something completely different is up for debate.Kriathos himself is one of the few left alive, as the rest of his race fell victim to pride. He has proved himself an incredibly valuable warrior due to his ability to fly, as well as unflinching loyalty to good. Sometime in the past he had a significant other, though she was claimed in the first Ul'Kar strike, and ever since then the Code is all. But that could change...

Edited by Toa Kaithas

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

Name: DaveSpecies and Gender: Male ToaAppearance: his armor, which used to be a bright crimson, has rusted after years of living in total isolation. Dave is medium height, neither tall nor short, and his eyes are a dark brown. He is never seen without a concentrated look on his face as if he's trying to figure out the secret to the universe. Weapons and Possessions: Dave relies heavily on his weapons because he never had any training with his mask or elemental powers. Because of this, he prefers an old bow he found for a ranged attack. He prefers not to get close, but if he does, Dave usually relies on his extremely developed reflexes to dodge even the fastest attacks, but his twin knives are used more for scaling surfaces, not penetrating armor.Mask: Mask of telekinesis. He can't lift very heavy objects with it, but Dave can use it to increase the accuracy of his arrows, and even make them curve around cover his enemies might be using.Power: Dave is a Toa of summoning, but he can't do much. On a very good day he might be able to summon a Body part, so as a finger, but it dissapates when touched.Faction: Children of the WellBiography: Dave was never a popular Toa; as a trainee he was constantly mocked by everyone in Av-Metru, and even members of the council, for his inability to fight. As a result, he was rebellious and regularly went to the outskirts of the city where he could think by himself. One day, while sitting by a ravine, wondering how he could avenge his fellow Toa ( he was a master of building traps for his enemies). A wild band of skrall working for the Cult of Ul'kar ambushed his and knocked him off the cliff. Somehow Dave managed to survive, but he had fallen so deep into the tunnels that there was absolutely no mist. Frightened for his life, Dave ran off into the darkness. After a few weeks he went mad, but on the 15th day of his insanity he stumbled upon an ancient fortress. When he checked inside, he deduced that it must be trillions of years old but somehow in decent condition. It was so old that it must have been built before bionicles existed! He found a ruined library and found little information, but what he discovered changed the way of he thought of himself. This ancient species did not have any special elemental powers at all. They admired skill in battle and courtesy to others, but not one of these things had elemental powers. It was an inspiration to Dave. If they could exist without powers, then so could he. For 4 years he completely immersed himself in their fighting styles of dodging blows and using people's strength against themselves, and he loves their weapons. He discovered he was an archer by practicing with a bow he found in the remains of an armory. Dave is now determined to return to Av-Metru to prove his worth as a Toa, but he will completely obey the council again.

"Dave"I'm sorry but whatAnd why does everybody always assume the Ul'kar Cultists are going to be causing chaos wherever they go, that's not what they do, but mehAnd like"Ancient Fortress"Fortress underground. That wasn't destroyed by the Ul'kar/created recently, and is completely uninhabited.I'm sorry but pffft.And, for an element, I recommend you pick something more useful than the ability to summon a finger that'll insta-disappear when touched.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Name: Ferro (derived from Latin word for iron)Species and Gender: Male Toa of IronWeapons and Possessions: A bow and two knives (which he made himself). He relies on stealth more than brute strength because Ferro was never how to use his elemental powers or to use a sword. If an enemy gets close, he relies more on his quick reflexes to dodge the fastest attacks more than the knives, which only work if he sneaks up on people and back stabs them. Besides being used as weapons, his twin daggers can also help him scale steep cliffs (if he can find any) to reach a vantage point where he can easily take out assailants from afar. Ferro is highly intelligent, but he is illiterate due to his lack of education (more on that later.) However, in his spare time he is making arrows or trying to teach himself to read a history book that he found.Appearance: Ferro's armor is a rusted brown from years of neglect, as his primary goal has been to survive. He is mid-sized for a Toa, and his silver eyes match what the color of his armor would look like in perfect condition. Ferro seems to be lost in thought all the time, but in reality he is trying to figure out the people he is listening to so that if Ferro must fight them, he can find their weakness and put an arrow in their eye socket.Mask: Mask of telekinesis. He can't lift very heavy objects with it, but Ferro can use it to increase the accuracy of his arrows, and even make them curve around cover his enemies might be using.Power: Ferro never learned how to use his powers, but he has a natural ability to see weaknesses in an enemy's armor, and he is amazing at forging weapons with barely any materials. Controlling iron is not his strength, which is why he seeks help to focus his elemental powers in Av-Metru.Faction: Children of the WellBiography: Ferro was very young when the Ul'kar took Ka Krada, and he was kept alive only because he could make the weapons that his masters desperately needed. For years he was a slave, making weapons for the Ul'kar, all the while looking for his chance to escape. He knew that nobody was going to teach him how to fight, so he created an improvised fighting style focused on dodging his opponents; he was not good at hand-to-hand combat. In Ferro's spare time, he gathered any materials he could to make some weapons. He needed a weapon that was ranged so he wouldn't get killed instantly, but the only ranged weapons he knew about required elemental powers. After weeks of toiling, he made his own version of a bow and arrow, and he also made 2 twin daggers. Ferro was ready, he just needed a chance, which he got. After years of oppression, many of Ferro's fellow slaves led a revolt against their oppressors, so he took this chance to escape into the caves. For 2 years he contested for food with wild rahi in the caverns and perfected the art of archery (he even learned how to use his mask a bit) and stealth. Ferro did not know if there was anyone else out there who opposed the Ul'kar until he stumbled upon Av-Metru. Ferro's first impression of the Council of Light was that it was weakening, so he discovered another group that was against the Ul'kar, the Children of the Well.

Why yes, I do believe they are.Unless the boss decides to overrule me on this. Which I doubt. He's mostly been delegating the day to day to me. :P

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

Kal, why must you explain out my already long train of thought? :PI think, and the boss can overrule me, that that would be fine as long as you give him (Since I think I know who you might be brining) a serious weakness. It doesn't have to be crippling, but it does have to be a major drawback. Heart condition, low EE etc.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Don't worry, Ryjak will be blindBUT YOOOOUUU CAN'T HOLD HIM DOWNName: Ryjak (Last name discarded)Species and Gender: Kra-Toa (Male)Appearance: A slim, black, unimposing figure. He could easily pass off as a Toa of earth with a slightly hunched form. His eyes are closed, contrasting the otherwise sharp features of his face. None of the old man's body conveys power. Then again...it doesn't need to.Weapons and Possessions: He's perpetually cloaked. Inside the cloak, heMask: Kakama, mask of speed Powers: Powers over shadow and Faction: UL'KAR ALL THE WAY BROBiography: Even from the moment he got her, he knew he would need the Ul'Kar. If he was ever recognized, expulsion from the community would be inevitable, and so he had to work undercover to stay away from the public eye. So far, he's done well as a Toa of earth. However, he could be discovered any day.Weakness: Permanently blinded from an accident earlier in his life.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Ugh, you're rightStupid iPhone notes appName: Ryjak (Last name discarded)Species and Gender: Kra-Toa (Male)Appearance: A slim, black, unimposing figure. He could easily pass off as a Toa of earth with a slightly hunched form. His eyes are closed, contrasting the otherwise sharp features of his face. None of the old man's body conveys power. Then again...it doesn't need to.Weapons and Possessions: He's perpetually cloaked. Inside the cloak, he holds the dastardly utensil of...the tea set. He has a slim metal teapot and cups. Most of the supplies are stored on the cart, but these are kept on his person.Mask: Kakama, mask of speed Powers: Powers over shadow and the ability to move at nearly the speed of sound. His powers over shadow included, but are not limited to, night vision (ha-ha.), materialization of dark energy, manifestation of antidermic gas (simply a poisonous gas) and the shaping and molding of dark energy into weaponry or other solid form. He can create this from wherever there is darkness, or to a simpler degree, from his own elemental reserves.Faction: UL'KAR ALL THE WAY BROBiography: Even from the moment he got to Spherus Magna, he knew he would need the power of the Ul'Kar, for security and overall survival. If he was ever recognized, expulsion from the community would be inevitable, and so he had to work undercover to stay away from the public eye. So far, he's done well as a Toa of earth, opening a small tea-brewing business with a moving cart. He has a reasonable alibi. However, he could be discovered any day.Weakness: Permanently blinded from an accident earlier in his life.[/b]

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Hmm. I know I explained that incorrectly.I merely meant a poisonous manifestation of Shadow energy similar to antidermis in poisonous quality. Antidermic was the wrong word; my apologies.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.