• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Judge Jet

hey guys remember me and throwbots (not bbcc64) its slizer time

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Arpy

Arpy
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 09-January 02
  • 4,530 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 07:32 PM

[color=#ff8c00;]Posted Image[/color][color=#cc6600;](click the photo for the photoset) You think it's just an ordinary Throwbot revamp? Think again!Lets take off the head, and...wait, what is that? Posted Image No.... Posted Image The clever green fellow has turned this Throwbot into his own personal battlemech! Awesomesauce! Please to be enjoying.[/color]

tumblr_mqdlmepiG01rf11n3o1_500.png

#2 Offline Kakaru

Kakaru
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Fish

• 06-January 07
  • 1,754 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 07:43 PM

[color=#336699;]OHMGOSH ARPY HII can't believe you're still around and alive and everything and you still build better than nearly everyone on this site. C:Also great MOC too I guess? Throwbots always need more love, and merging it with frogspace just makes it even better and the colour scheme is rad too.okay byeee~[/color]

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達

#3 Offline TechnicRage

TechnicRage
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 12-November 12
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 09:11 PM

I think this the first Slizer revamp ever. And it's certainly a good one.

#4 Online Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 25-May 09
  • 2,091 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 04:10 PM

While not the first Slizer revamp I've seen, I'm still very glad they're getting some attention. I've really been nostalgic for those older Technic sets lately, and have considered doing a revamp myself.So, onto the MOC. The biggest thing that sticks out to me with this guy is his bulkyness. He's just a huge tank of a Throwbot, utilizing a lot of parts well (I really like that chest armoring, I'll need to use those pieces more often), but this is both good and bad. The Judge I remember was fairly thin and agile looking, and I think this look would look better with Torch. It just seems really off to me.Now, as a frog mech (hilarious by the way), it looks awesome. The armoring is very consistent and smooth throughout, and a lot of pieces were used in great ways (like those arm thrusters) to make it look cohesive. The arm disk launcher would probably be my favorite part. The thrusters were well spaced throughout, and the usage of the original Throwbot bodies was a great idea (although Judge used the other body type, but this still looks cool).So, awesome MOC, just doesn't look much like Judge to me.

~click.gif

tohu_head_by_0nuku-d88efx4.jpg

Thanks for voting Tohu 2015, winner of GAC #21, A Picture is Worth a Thousand Likes!

Rahkshi Corpus Profiles BZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

Latest Blog Entry: Art to MOC Contest!

#5 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 20-March 06
  • 3,234 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 12:31 AM

A return of Throwbots.

A return of Frogspace.

Even if this wasn't awesome, smooth, and nearly flawless, this would be commendable.

I really appreciate the ratio of old pieces to new. That's a balance that I've found difficult to strike.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#6 Offline Tomago: Toa of Time

Tomago: Toa of Time
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 12-August 02
  • 1,629 posts

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 01:44 AM

Pretty cool moc. I like Jet, kind of looks like a similar setup to what millenia had. I believe that is his name. Wish I had all my slizers fully built still. Many pieces went to other mocs 

~T:ToT~
Posted Image

#7 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • World's Only Gnomish Hylian

• 28-January 10
  • 1,281 posts

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 10:13 AM

Those parts work fantastically.  They all keep the Throwbots aesthetic, but make it better.  The legs are particularly brilliant.  Well done.

Posted Image

#8 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 05-September 10
  • 2,259 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 11:48 AM

Great job! This is one of the best MOCs I've seen so far. I really like the construction of the torso and legs. The launcher arm is also nice, I like the way you smoothly integrated the launcher. The frog is a nice touch, too. Keep up the good work!

v7hquUM.png

#9 Offline ChocolateFrogs

ChocolateFrogs
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Piraka Fusionist

• 18-April 03
  • 1,802 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Feb 23 2013 - 05:23 PM

This is awesome! First: Throwbot. Second: That arm!

Also the colors work well. And the armoring (especially the chest).

I'm overly impressed.

-CF

sup_spidey_banner.jpg

#10 Offline Zuunu

Zuunu
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Seeker

• 12-January 09
  • 249 posts

Posted Feb 23 2013 - 05:44 PM

Hehheh. Wow, this is awesome =D

One question though, since the head rotates around to reveal Mr. Frogger, how is the head-articulation? In order to reveal His Frogginess, the center of rotation seems to be very much near the 'back' of the top (when looking at it from the front), and from experience I know that isn't a very good point to be rotating the head around - it just makes it look kinda...... weird, I guess.

"The rumours of my signature have been greatly exaggerated."

#11 Offline AdaptingChaos

AdaptingChaos
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 16-February 13
  • 526 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 23 2013 - 10:10 PM

This is the very first Throwbots Moc I have seen, and I have to get these sets! Great MOC btw and I really like that frog inside the MOC :D Good job!

Edited by AdaptingChaos, Feb 23 2013 - 10:10 PM.

#12 Offline ~garnira returns~

~garnira returns~
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 02-June 08
  • 839 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 25 2013 - 01:16 AM

That is an awesome slizer, and the froggy makes it epic! :D

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

My website: http://arra41.wix.com/zaro-nui ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

#13 Offline Gengar

Gengar
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 16-February 13
  • 2,205 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 25 2013 - 03:20 PM

I rarely see any Slizer/Throwbot MOCs. This one is really nice, and the color scheme is good. The armor is also pretty good. Hehe...the frog.

#14 Offline Arpy

Arpy
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 09-January 02
  • 4,530 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 25 2013 - 05:01 PM

While not the first Slizer revamp I've seen, I'm still very glad they're getting some attention. I've really been nostalgic for those older Technic sets lately, and have considered doing a revamp myself.So, onto the MOC. The biggest thing that sticks out to me with this guy is his bulkyness. He's just a huge tank of a Throwbot, utilizing a lot of parts well (I really like that chest armoring, I'll need to use those pieces more often), but this is both good and bad. The Judge I remember was fairly thin and agile looking, and I think this look would look better with Torch. It just seems really off to me.Now, as a frog mech (hilarious by the way), it looks awesome. The armoring is very consistent and smooth throughout, and a lot of pieces were used in great ways (like those arm thrusters) to make it look cohesive. The arm disk launcher would probably be my favorite part. The thrusters were well spaced throughout, and the usage of the original Throwbot bodies was a great idea (although Judge used the other body type, but this still looks cool).So, awesome MOC, just doesn't look much like Judge to me.
 [color=#cc6600;]I always fancied Jet as the leader of the original eight Throwbots, so I wanted him to look like a bulky boss sort of guy who can actually throw his weight around up there at the top of the Throwbot world as opposed to a gawky twig.[/color]
Hehheh. Wow, this is awesome =DOne question though, since the head rotates around to reveal Mr. Frogger, how is the head-articulation? In order to reveal His Frogginess, the center of rotation seems to be very much near the 'back' of the top (when looking at it from the front), and from experience I know that isn't a very good point to be rotating the head around - it just makes it look kinda...... weird, I guess.
 [color=#cc6600;]The head is attached to one of those Exo-Force robot hands at the first axle behind the yellow visor. It can swing back and forth a little bit (about the same range as a minifig head with long hair restraining it), but it's not especially meant to go up like it does to reveal the frog.[/color]

tumblr_mqdlmepiG01rf11n3o1_500.png

#15 Offline ~Shockwave~

~Shockwave~
  • Premier Member
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 08-March 10
  • 1,214 posts

Posted Feb 25 2013 - 07:37 PM

This is fantastic! looks like a mech. and I guess it technically is. ice work!

fs_overall.png

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

#16 Offline Project Nightfall

Project Nightfall
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 15-November 05
  • 2,360 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2013 - 12:09 PM

Looks fantastic, I love Throwbots' designs and this one looks so streamlined and gorgeous. Great colour scheme. Really nice, I love it.

27946801_un-live-action-trailer-per-il-d

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users