• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Toa Soran Lineart

Toa Soran Lineart Self Drawing

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Soran

Soran
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 29-December 10
  • 824 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 20 2013 - 12:14 PM

Posted Image

Name: Toa Soran

Drawn in: Gimp

Tools: My hand, touchpad and the many tools of gimp.

Story - This character is one I've been meaning to draw, its the Toa form of my character, and since I was bored yesterday I decided to draw it. It's very simple in design, its mainly just a standard Toa Metru body with a Nuva chestplate and a Kanohi Avohkii. I wanted the picture to be really simple which is why the character is mirrored with minor differences in shadows (mainly around the ball joints). The light point is coming from his mask and will be easier to tell once I color it (if I do). I've messed up some shading in some areas so I may edit it. 

C&C is always appreciated.

~Soran

#2 Offline Mask of Ultimate Cliché

Mask of Ultimate Cliché
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 23-July 08
  • 3,074 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 20 2013 - 12:28 PM

You continue to amaze me Soran!  The picture displays all of the pieces with impressive detail.  Putting Nuva armor on a Metru torso is a good idea.  How long did it take to create this?

imx_327053664.png

76561198040925391.png

Exo-Force RPG Profiles- Max Layer

#3 Offline Soran

Soran
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 29-December 10
  • 824 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 20 2013 - 12:54 PM

You continue to amaze me Soran!  The picture displays all of the pieces with impressive detail.  Putting Nuva armor on a Metru torso is a good idea.  How long did it take to create this?

Thanks. I guess I forgot to put that up there. Roughly around 6-8 hours I believe. I wasn't counting.

~Soran

#4 Offline Indigogeek

Indigogeek
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 05-December 10
  • 454 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 20 2013 - 02:03 PM

Me gusta! This is really good! I like the attention to detail!

Tu2d6W7.jpg

#5 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 04-September 06
  • 11,401 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Apr 20 2013 - 08:46 PM

<span style="font-family:Palatino;">Your attention to detail is astounding - if I didn't know better, I'd swear that this was a picture that you put a few filters on.</span><br /><br /><span style="font-family:Palatino;">I noticed a few tiny alterations between the two sides (it's almost like a find-the-difference game), but I think I'd prefer a bit less symmetry, just a little something more that doesn't make the drawing seem totally static.</span>

tumblr_ngen45A4Ri1tryxewo3_1280.png

#6 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 02-March 10
  • 5,026 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 20 2013 - 11:52 PM

Whoa. That looks great. The art is just so precise, and perfect. This plus some shading results in my favorite style of art.

But I'd be crazy to actually ask for shading, since this is already so great. Only thing I don't like is how it looks like his torso's a bit...flaky? I don't know, it looks like he has very wide flaps coming out past the Nuva armor, which would look fine if they were just slightly smaller.

I'm incapable of art this good though, so once again, great job.

#7 Offline Gengar

Gengar
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 16-February 13
  • 2,212 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 22 2013 - 04:15 PM

Nice, the details and Nuva armor are well drawn. The only thing I got to say is that the Avohkii looks out of place, with its thinner lines(compared to the rest of the body), making it look sort of weird.

#8 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 08-November 11
  • 2,025 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 22 2013 - 07:46 PM

[color=#ff0000;]WOW.  Just WOW.  Your drawing is amazing, Soran.  I like how you used the Toa Nuva body armour.  I aslo really like how the Avohkii resemble the MNOGSCK Avohkii.  Again, nice work.[/color]

#9 Offline Krane

Krane
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 09-February 12
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted May 10 2013 - 05:59 AM

Wow! Nuva armor on Metru armor. This is just so amazing.

~Kranan 

~BZPRPG Profiles

Dual Matrix: Sup?

CeeCee    :  Dual, you spammer

Kranan      : Wut wut wut 

AutomationKranan plz stop

#10 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 07-December 12
  • 1,543 posts
  •  

Posted May 11 2013 - 02:06 PM

This by far the best online drawing done that I've seen. It couldn't be better in hand drawn.

Coming soon

A new adventure begins

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users