BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Yes. She seems to enjoy hitting me with it. 

Last I checked, Grokk was winning. Containment Spheres... got to get me some. 

Also, I might just add that I don't think Dorian knows that I threw the spear at him. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Last I checked, Grokk was winning. 

Don't know when you checked, but PvP in this game is never, ever, ever so clear cut. Especially with someone as ruthlessly crafty as Dorian.

You stumbled into the coolest party in the entire game. I did the same thing in the NBZP - accidentally crashed a meeting of the Daedra at the Lavapool Inn in Ta. Nothing like it. 

-Tyler

Edited by Parks and Rekt
  • Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Somewhere in the somewhat-recent past the mention of Nova Blasts and Kaita's has dropped from the rulebook.

It's not actually a recent thing, nor is this the first time a change has been suggested. Neither was there in the rulebook when I joined (I checked through everything quite thoroughly before trying to form a kaita, and getting called out in GD).

ppg2.png

Yeah... my head kind of hurts now from getting repeatedly bashed by the butt end of her stupid blunderbuss. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Yeah, Lorax is right about the Nova and Kaita not being mentioned. Back when I was new I had to personally ask Kughz (who pulled me into this beautifully terrible place) about Nova Blasts, so there are definitely some cracks that should be filled up in the rules for all the poor widdle newbs out there.

Edited by Requiem

Poor widdle newbs... I've been here a while now and I'm still asking questions. It was my question that started up the new conversation about Nova Blasts and Kaitas to begin with, I think. 

The way I see it, fixing up the rules would benefit everyone, not just the new players. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

By, "a while now" I mostly mean "long enough to have five active characters and RP in almost all of the locations and interact with more characters than I can count."

I also gave Kellin a painful hickey.

And I threw a spear a Dorian Shaddix. I think that's worth noting as well. 

And I threw a spear a Dorian Shaddix. I think that's worth noting as well.

Humility, not seeking the appreciation of peers, will get you farther along in this game and even life. I'm not saying to play yourself down. I'm saying don't play yourself up. Yes you threw a spear at Dorian. Bravo. That means you have interacted with him. Big whoop. He's just a PC that's well written and has been very influential to the game. Hitting the Guy with a spear and becoming essentially an npc in Dorian's game timeline is not an accomplishment. Make your character become as influential to plot as Dorian has been, don't limit yourself to short sided arrogance.

Kughii will now go back to the migraine mansion. *leaves*

Edited by Kughii
  • Upvote 7

Wait, I would have to eat the plants? I was playing under the assumption that I could just turn them into energy via touch, and then absorb said energy into my character's body. Now I'm confused... And by the way Nato, if you check the description for all Toa types, it basically says the same thing for each of their elements.

Also, back to the Avatar example, the Firebenders could manipulate fire, but they mostly created it via their chi. They only needed it in their surroundings in the live-action movie, where that particular rule differed from the series.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Try to improve your writing, be polite and civil, and always work to refine your characters. That is what one must do gain respect in this game.  

• Upvote 6
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Hey guys!

The Mata Nui Technology Emporium is opening a branch office in Ta-koro and it needs employees. Whether your character is an inventor, crafter or even just a plain old worker feel free to join. In fact, even if your character is none of the above feel free to join. I'm not turning anybody away.

If you are interested please PM me and we can work out all the IC details.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

So I was thinking about Parakuka the other day, while at the same time theorizing on possible ways to make Antidermis even more interesting, and then the two things collided into a single idea: what would happen if a Parakuka were to be given Antidermis before getting a host? Would the Parakuka gain more influence in the bond? Would it be able to bestow new abilities on the host? I can think of several ways this could go, but I wanted to get the thoughts of someone else.

:a::k::i:

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

So I was thinking about Parakuka the other day, while at the same time theorizing on possible ways to make Antidermis even more interesting, and then the two things collided into a single idea: what would happen if a Parakuka were to be given Antidermis before getting a host? Would the Parakuka gain more influence in the bond? Would it be able to bestow new abilities on the host? I can think of several ways this could go, but I wanted to get the thoughts of someone else.

:a: :k: :i:

You never know until you try~

Edited by Onarax

It looks as if the Ko-Koro battle might finally be going Legacy's way. The gates are breached, the Sanctum has been opened. I know it's probably far from over, but Team Evil definitely has the advantage here. 

Yeah... my head kind of hurts now from getting repeatedly bashed by the butt end of her stupid blunderbuss. 

Well I mean, she could always just shoot Natharius instead if that's what you want. :3

Jeez... it's a tempting offer, but no. In fact, if she stopped trying to kill me, that might be even more appreciated.  :D

Le-Koro/Karata's Rama-riders

Alright, really sorry this took so long. But here we go.

This is what's happening -

The Gukko Force is evacuating Le-Koro

The Gukko Force is also asking all of Le-Koro to help fight the entropy beetles as they've planned in the post (the post will outline the overall plan, next few will go into specifics)
The Rama riders (sorry I haven't posted with them till now! Figured it was a good time to bring them back.) are moving from Matau's Palm to help out
Word has been sent out to Kongu who is in Ta-Koro asking for his return

Things the Gukko Force are really looking for -

People with powers like ice, plasma, fire, gravity, air. Anything will be really useful if used correctly (to prevent the movement of beetles, mating of beetles, and to help kill beetles are the three ideas the Force is operating off of.). Please RP that your character who wants to help talking to a guard at either chutes, the elevator below the Koro, or in the market and they can direct you accordingly.

This isn't going to be easy, but let's see what happens when the whole village is rallying under specific crisis plans. Good luck! Let's make Le-Wahi history! For better or for worse, this is going to be epic. I'll do my best to coordinate.

• Upvote 3

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Huh. My merc and I had thought of a plan for that particular crisis, but seeing as Ko-Koro's battle is still going on, I don't know if I can get there before it's over. Oh well.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

So I take it the wildfire I lit has already been dealt with, or soon will be?

Nope. Natharius doesn't know that.

He's starting to get a pretty good indication that this is the case, but it isn't really changing his outlook. 

At least, not yet...

Okay, now feels like a good time to raise something I've never quite understood about Skakdi.

How exactly do two skakdi use their powers together?

Do they need to hold hands (or some kind of physical contact), or is it more like the Bahrag Queens, who became more powerful the closer they were to each other?

Also, how does it work exactly? Does one skakdi basically need the other skakdi to want them to use their powers, or can any two skakdi who happen to be together just use their powers, regardless of what the other wants? I hope that actually makes sense...

Edited by NatoGreavesy

So both Skakdi would need to be to trying to use their powers? Not just one on his own if he happened to be standing near another skakdi? 

I have always seen it being done as two skakdi actively working together. Not neccesarily both using their powers, but I'm guessing that they have some sort of mental request thingy that pops up whenever they try to use their powers.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

But do the powers work together or does it just enable both skakdi to use their powers? What I mean is, would a ta-skakdi and a po-skakdi working together only be able to use lava (stone plus fire) based powers, or would they be able to use their individual powers?

Kathok