Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

Alright, I've finished working out the possibilities of different CCBS collectible Matoran designs, and I have come up with a grand total of...

16 different skeletons! If there were six possible Kanohi, then the total number of Matoran from one Koro that you could get would be...

96! From only ONE Koro! And if there were six different Koros, then the total number of different Matoran you could get would be... *Fetches calculator*

576 different Matoran! That's enough for the whole of Mata Nui! So I believe that if Lego do intend to release blind bag sets, then tiny Matoran are the way to go.

Lego! Hire this person!

Does anybody know when Mask of Light was first planned? That could give some insight into the possibility of another movie.

Also, I don't think that leaked pics of already released sets would fall under the reasons given for the spoiler policy, but i might be wrong.

• Upvote 2
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

Well I'll assume that because the links haven't been taken down yet, leaked images of sets that have been out for months aren't going to draw the ire of the admin. 

• Upvote 3

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Well I'll assume that because the links haven't been taken down yet, leaked images of sets that have been out for months aren't going to draw the ire of the admin. 

Lol I even think they're discontinued now. :P

EDIT: I just checked S@H

Gorzan and Razar are on sale and are retiring soon, the other four are "Call to check product availability"

Edited by JTH Studios
  • Upvote 1

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

Alright, I've finished working out the possibilities of different CCBS collectible Matoran designs, and I have come up with a grand total of...

16 different skeletons! If there were six possible Kanohi, then the total number of Matoran from one Koro that you could get would be...

96! From only ONE Koro! And if there were six different Koros, then the total number of different Matoran you could get would be... *Fetches calculator*

576 different Matoran! That's enough for the whole of Mata Nui! So I believe that if Lego do intend to release blind bag sets, then tiny Matoran are the way to go.

Lego! Hire this person!

Does anybody know when Mask of Light was first planned? That could give some insight into the possibility of another movie.

Also, I don't think that leaked pics of already released sets would fall under the reasons given for the spoiler policy, but i might be wrong.

Bionicle 2015 hype train reality check number one: The last time I checked, Lego didn't hire teenagers.  :lol-sign: But I can dream at least. 

Also, regarding my Matoran designs, I made them using the two smallest limb pieces, but I didn't use the pieces normally used for upper limbs in the CCBS. Instead I just used the pieces which are used to attach the outer half of Black Phantom's legs to the inner half (You know what I mean) and the pieces which are identical to those, but with an axle in between the ball and the cup.

VBWj75sh.png

Wow, that OT's big! I love the sword. The sword is the best bit. GIVE ME THE SWORD NOW! Just kidding. I think that you should put more gold in the legs, though. After the gold-encrusted upper torso, the legs just feel a bit... lacking in gold. I'm reminded of Stormer XL a bit as well.

• Upvote 1

VBWj75sh.png

I feel like it's worth noting that, aside from Star Wars, we haven't really seen any other leaked or confirmed sets.  All the stuff about Bionicle seems too coincidental to me all of a sudden.....

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

I feel like it's worth noting that, aside from Star Wars, we haven't really seen any other leaked or confirmed sets.  All the stuff about Bionicle seems too coincidental to me all of a sudden.....

There have been leaked set lists for a couple themes (not going to mention which ones, of course, because they're leaked). But leaks don't come out on a fixed schedule. People who see information before it's publicly released leak what interests them and the communities they're involved in. The people and websites that leaked info about BIONICLE were people and websites with a particular interest in the constraction category. The people who leak info about Star Wars sets are people with a particular interest in Star Wars sets. Etcetera. How long it takes for leaks to come out shouldn't be seen as evidence of whether they're real or fake. Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 1

Okay, finally - my take on Omega Tahu!

4f5e56b7b8_690x312.png

And yes, I stole Fire Lord's shield. Don't judge me, you know it's awesome.

This actually really peaks my interest because it looks similar to the size the new Tahu will be. This shows the actual size that the toa will be, which is pretty massive. This now makes me feel like it's more likely that the "guardian" sets are matoran, but there's still no way to know for sure until we get more pictures/information.

I still have yet to understand how pictures and stuff get leaked. I imagine a hard-core LEGO fan sneaking into the LEGO head quarters wearing a ninja costume, hanging from the ceiling and taking pictures above a desk covered in Bionicle concept art. Either that, or a paranoid LEGO employee hurrying home with a folder filled with Bionicle concept art in one arm. He's panting and sweating and is about to break down. He gets home and quickly e-mails the photos to a leaker right before the LEGO police break down his door, storm in, gag him, and arrest him. He is screaming for mercy as they drag him out of his own home, never to be seen again...

But do we have any real idea how leaks are found? It's illegal stuff I'm sure, so is it really done? It seems like a really sketchy business...

Edited by Banana Gunz
  • Upvote 5

But do we have any real idea how leaks are found? It's illegal stuff I'm sure, so is it really done? It seems like a really sketchy business...

Here's the skinny on how it works. The LEGO Group tries to keep their upcoming product lines secret from the public until they're prepared to start releasing official teasers and information. This is to prevent competitors from being able to anticipate and preempt what the LEGO Group is planning.

But keeping things secret from "the public" is a tricky thing. To release a new set or series of sets, the LEGO Group has to tell SOME people: specifically, other companies that will be involved in production and distribution, including retailers and companies that help design promotional displays. Most pics and info concerning upcoming sets start to get leaked once the LEGO Group sends out catalogs to retailers, because once those catalogs are sent out the information is out of the LEGO Group's hands.

Retailers are under a non-disclosure agreement that says they will not show those catalogs to fans, but really there's not a whole lot that can be done to enforce that unless the LEGO Group can identify specifically which retailer leaked a particular image. And the LEGO Group isn't a government intelligence agency — when an image or set list is leaked online, there's only so much they can do to identify where it came from.

Even so, which info gets leaked is not always predictable. If a person gets to sneak a glance at a retailer's catalog and they're not a BIONICLE fan, then chances are they won't even bother taking a photo of the BIONICLE page, much less share it online. So it goes without saying that the themes that get leaked first tend to be the ones that are most popular with AFOLs, particularly Star Wars (which is one of the LEGO Group's most popular themes of all time).

Just a quick question, does anyone know when official set pictures are usually released by Lego? I remember that we didn't get any leaks for Brain Attack and had to wait for official set images. Allthough I think that is rather unlikely with a new/returning theme like Bionicle, I'd just like to now when we'll be able to discuss these here. :P

Hail Denmark

I was thinking: have we had any huge vehicle or titan sets on HF? (As you can see I'm a bit out of the loop with it) By that I mean huge like Skopio or Toa Mata Nui. If not, would they come back in BIONICLE Part Deux? Then I started thinking of how CCBS pieces could be used in vehicles, and this was the result; the Matautomobile (Omega Tahu Edition [TM]):

Matautomobile.png

Matautomobile_2.pngI was playing around with my Thornatus earlier today and I thought the back wheel was so cool that I needed it there. Plus it gave me a chance to make a CCBS wheel guard. The rest is pretty simple. I wanted a taller engine but nothing looked good there so I left it short.

• Upvote 1

Okay, finally - my take on Omega Tahu!

4f5e56b7b8_690x312.png

And yes, I stole Fire Lord's shield. Don't judge me, you know it's awesome.

This actually really peaks my interest because it looks similar to the size the new Tahu will be. This shows the actual size that the toa will be, which is pretty massive.

Jakura's MOC is very well made, and certainly similar in design to past CCBS titan sets, but I guarantee that the 2015 Tahu set won't even be close to it's height. There's really no chance; at that size, he'd be way too large to be sold for under twenty USD. At best, he'll be approximately two-thirds the height of that MOC.

Edited by Azani

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

There's a hilarious topic I've been reading on and off on LMB where some guy keeps debunking the Bionicle 2015 rumours, claiming that we've never had leaks this early on in the year, which somehow proves that they're fake. 

Now, I'm not sure about you guys, but I didn't think there was an official time of the year to expect leaks. They come out when they get leaked. The end. If someone feels like putting their job on the line to bring hope to the Bionicle community, then they'll do it. 

And that Omega Tahu makes mine look puny. Very nicely done. 

• Upvote 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I was thinking: have we had any huge vehicle or titan sets on HF? (As you can see I'm a bit out of the loop with it) By that I mean huge like Skopio or Toa Mata Nui.

The largest Hero Factory vehicle set was Drop Ship in 2010 (before the CCBS), which had the same $50 price tag as Toa Mata Nui and a similar piece count (slightly higher, in fact — 390 versus 366). Ever since then, the largest Hero Factory sets have been $35, and most have been vehicles (for example, Speeda Demon and Jet Rocka).

Witch Doctor from 2011 was the largest Hero Factory "titan". He had 331 pieces and a $30 price tag, and stood about 12 inches tall from the base of the feet to the top of the head (about the same height as Takanuva).

There's definitely potential for larger CCBS sets than what we've seen. this MOC by BIONICLE and Hero Factory designer Christoffer Raundahl has always been one of my favorite Hero Factory designs, and from what I can tell it might cost $40 or $50 at retail (its height is similar to Witch Doctor's, but it's considerably beefier). Keep in mind, though, that even most BIONICLE titans were not more than $30.

I also think the CCBS could be used more extensively in vehicles than what we've seen, though there'd have to be great care taken to ensure that any hinged sections are secure. The example you give would run the risk of the rear wheel locking up if that hinged section over top of it started to sag. And a vehicle that is liable to bend out of shape or cave in when handled improperly would not be convenient for play.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 2

Very nice mocs you guys have been doing, but I doubt that the sets would be anywhere close to "titan sized". While it would be cool, having 6 titans would just be overkill (I think the most Bionicle ever had in one wave was 4)

BTW Tommorow I will try to make another Toa that isn't Tahu. We can't forget about others like Delta Gali or Gamma Kopaka!

sig.jpg

some people are worried that bionicle is going to be targeted towards kids, but if you look at the newer lines you will see the simpsons and the simpsons are not exactly for kids, also an actor from jurassic world tweeted saying he was going to have another lego minifig of himself in the new lego jurassic world line, i have not seen any of the jurassic park movies, but i always thought they were scary movies, aren't they supposed to be about dinos escaping a giant dino zoo and killing everyone,  that does not sound too kid friendly, so maybe bionicle will be it's darker self?

Edited by Spectral_Rain

some people are worried that bionicle is going to be targeted towards kids, but if you look at the newer lines you will see the simpsons and the simpsons are not exactly for kids, also an actor from jurassic world tweeted saying he was going to have another lego minifig of himself in the new lego jurassic world line, i have not seen any of the jurassic park movies, but i always thought they were scary movies, aren't they supposed to be about dinos escaping a giant dino zoo and killing everyone,  that does not sound too kid friendly, so maybe bionicle will be it's darker self?

I hope not; Bionicle getting "dark" was the worst thing that ever happened to it besides the Av-Matoran builds.

Anyone worried it's going to be targeted towards kids is an idiot, to be frank; it's a children's toy line. It's always been targeted towards kids, and always will be. That's not about to change.

Side note: never see the Jurassic Park movies. They're mediocre at best.

• Upvote 2

The Av-Matoran builds weren't that bad, in my opinion. Durable, and with plenty of different uses. And Bionicle was always a little darker than other Lego themes. There was a surprisingly large number of deaths in the first movie for a Lego theme, if you stop and think about it. Bionicle was always a little more mature than other themes, and I liked that about it. As I matured more, the story grew darker, and I really liked that, because it felt like the story was growing with me. 

• Upvote 4

The Av-Matoran builds weren't that bad, in my opinion. Durable, and with plenty of different uses. And Bionicle was always a little darker than other Lego themes. There was a surprisingly large number of deaths in the first movie for a Lego theme, if you stop and think about it. Bionicle was always a little more mature than other themes, and I liked that about it. As I matured more, the story grew darker, and I really liked that, because it felt like the story was growing with me. 

Plenty of different uses? I find that hard to believe, considering the pieces were designed solely to build humanoids. Zesk was the least humanoid build achieved with the system, and it involved adding a Vahki limb to the back, and still suffered from the woes of some of the terrible issues of the pre-bent limbs. A majority of them were practically interchangeable with one another; that's how little variety the design allowed.

Bionicle wasn't darker for having two impermanent deaths and a perceived death that wasn't really (and was a villain anyway; in children's media, we're often taught not to care about the fate of the villain). Do you know why it seemed darker? Because it actually had a story. That's why characters died when none had ever died in a previous Lego theme. Nobody dies in Lego City because there's no story to Lego City. Nobody dies in Alpha Team because it had a sparse story conveyed through little flash games, and the story was still intentionally simple, with no massive story engine or anything. It only seemed darker because there was no similar theme to measure it against; at the time, Bionicle was peerless in its story structure.

Getting "dark" isn't "growing up", especially not how Bionicle did it. Voya Nui was the darkest, grittiest location Bionicle ever had, and you know what? It felt like a farce. Locations and Rahi were described by how many people they'd killed, characters constantly made sure to trash the brighter mood of earlier years, everything was extreme and deadly, blah blah blah. It was terrible. That's not the Bionicle I want to come back, and that's probably not the Bionicle that's coming back. Do you know why?

Because Bionicle wasn't at its best when it got dark and gritty, and the sales prove it. If the new Bionicle is to succeed, it needs to make sure it doesn't repeat the mistakes that brought down the original, and that includes becoming "dark".

• Upvote 1

Plenty of different uses? I find that hard to believe, considering the pieces were designed solely to build humanoids. Zesk was the least humanoid build achieved with the system, and it involved adding a Vahki limb to the back, and still suffered from the woes of some of the terrible issues of the pre-bent limbs. A majority of them were practically interchangeable with one another; that's how little variety the design allowed.

Bionicle wasn't darker for having two impermanent deaths and a perceived death that wasn't really (and was a villain anyway; in children's media, we're often taught not to care about the fate of the villain). Do you know why it seemed darker? Because it actually had a story. That's why characters died when none had ever died in a previous Lego theme. Nobody dies in Lego City because there's no story to Lego City. Nobody dies in Alpha Team because it had a sparse story conveyed through little flash games, and the story was still intentionally simple, with no massive story engine or anything. It only seemed darker because there was no similar theme to measure it against; at the time, Bionicle was peerless in its story structure.

Getting "dark" isn't "growing up", especially not how Bionicle did it. Voya Nui was the darkest, grittiest location Bionicle ever had, and you know what? It felt like a farce. Locations and Rahi were described by how many people they'd killed, characters constantly made sure to trash the brighter mood of earlier years, everything was extreme and deadly, blah blah blah. It was terrible. That's not the Bionicle I want to come back, and that's probably not the Bionicle that's coming back. Do you know why?

Because Bionicle wasn't at its best when it got dark and gritty, and the sales prove it. If the new Bionicle is to succeed, it needs to make sure it doesn't repeat the mistakes that brought down the original, and that includes becoming "dark".

Okay, I'm not going to perpetuate this argument, since we both clearly have different opinions. I liked the story when it was at its darkest and grittiest, you clearly didn't. That's okay. We're all entitled to our own opinions.  Let's just wait and see what next year has in store for us, shall we?

Okay then, I've just finished...

Delta Onua!

Okay, so we have Omega Tahu and Delta Onua. Are there official names for the other Toa?

Okay, I'm not going to perpetuate this argument, since we both clearly have different opinions. I liked the story when it was at its darkest and grittiest, you clearly didn't. That's okay. We're all entitled to our own opinions.  Let's just wait and see what next year has in store for us, shall we?

Okay then, I've just finished...

Delta Onua!

Okay, so we have Omega Tahu and Delta Onua. Are there official names for the other Toa?

Well, I've started on Alpha Kopaka...

• Upvote 1

VBWj75sh.png

I hope not; Bionicle getting "dark" was the worst thing that ever happened to it besides the Av-Matoran builds.

Anyone worried it's going to be targeted towards kids is an idiot, to be frank; it's a children's toy line. It's always been targeted towards kids, and always will be. That's not about to change.

I don't know... I think Bionicle always did come across as kind of ominous and scary.

I hope you realize that none of those names are the least bit official.

YOU LIE!!

:P

• Upvote 1

I really hate to admit this, but the amount of gold in this topic hurts my eyes. If Bionicle comes back, I want my Tahu to be red and orange and my Onua to be black and gray. 

I say nothing. I have seen the leaked images, but I understand BZP's policy. So go look at the pictures yourself! I think you'll be a bit disappointed though...

• Upvote 1

VBWj75sh.png

I'm thrilled about Bionicle and its return! The sets look gorgeous, and there's a certain nostalgia associated with the brand. I still remember the big displays for the Toa Mata when I was a kid. For me, personally, I hope the series returns to its roots, tribal, ancient, with ruins and beautifully ominous music. There was something so curious about the original line and its flash game. And that sort of storytelling is something I yearn to get back to. If the leaked images and boxes are to be believed, we're in for a real treat when this finally gets confirmed.

Anyway, I use to be a regular here, so I'm excited to return. And with new Bionicle no less.

• Upvote 1

-You're really irritating.
-Does irritating mean "fun"?

Wait I thought it was Omega Tahu, Alpha Gali, Delta Lewa, Psi Kopaka, Zeta Onua and Omnicorn Pohatu. Either way, great interpretation of Onua! I'm not too keen on the bit that connects the arms and the torso, though.

Omnicorn? Is that even a thing? It sounds like the name of a corn company.

I do hope gold will be kept to a relative minimum on the actual sets though, I think too many metallic colours end up looking messy.

• Upvote 1
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

I'm not so concerned with the amount of gold as I am with purple. 

Can we get #Onepu'sRevenge going? I am very excited to finally get purple sets again.

Also brown is coming back, so that's a good thing. 

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr

I don't know... I think Bionicle always did come across as kind of ominous and scary.

this trailer seems pretty creepy 

Wait I thought it was Omega Tahu, Alpha Gali, Delta Lewa, Psi Kopaka, Zeta Onua and Omnicorn Pohatu. Either way, great interpretation of Onua! I'm not too keen on the bit that connects the arms and the torso, though.

Omnicorn? Is that even a thing? It sounds like the name of a corn company.

I do hope gold will be kept to a relative minimum on the actual sets though, I think too many metallic colours end up looking messy.

Sorry I misspelled it. It's Omicron. XD

Agreed. I'd mainly like to see the secondary colors. *coughpurplecough*

If discussion of colours alone are allowed under the leaks policy, then I'll say this:

There is purple in one set so far. One set only. Fingers crossed that if that one set sells well enough, there'll be some more purple sets in the future!

As far as I can see, there is actually purple in two sets.

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

Sorry, I had to come back to this after rereading it. You're complaining that locations and rahi were described by how many people they've killed, but last time I checked (and I live in Australia, so I check often), that's the way we gauge how dangerous a thing or place is in real life as well. You can't fault Bionicle for being realistic and logical for once.

• Upvote 2

Sorry, I had to come back to this after rereading it. You're complaining that locations and rahi were described by how many people they've killed, but last time I checked (and I live in Australia, so I check often), that's the way we gauge how dangerous a thing or place is in real life as well. You can't fault Bionicle for being realistic and logical for once.

Except it wasn't just to gauge how dangerous it was. It was describing ANYTHING on the island. Was Mata Nui described similarly? Was the Vuata Maca described as the darkest, most terrifying tree that a Matoran once exploded upon attempting to climb? Was the Mangai Volcano described as a death pit that could roast any Matoran that fell into it? Was the Hoi described as a terrible beast of torment that claimed the lives of thousands of Matoran each day? Because that's what I mean. Everything on Voya Nui was described like that. The entire island was like a bad parody of a dangerous location.

• Upvote 2