Okoto Online Game

Wait, so you're telling me there's actually a chance we won't be getting an awesome online game ?

Being serious now, I would love an Online game with the same quality as the MNOG like everyone else, however I don't see it happening. We will already be getting that weekly animation thing that will provide the story for us. I do hope for at least one fun game on the site, however.

I'd like to see MNOG art style with a bit of BIONICLE: the Game gameplay. For example you start as Onua you'll do some quests save some Matorans and then it'll take you to Ta-Koto and you start campaign as Tahu and so on...

You have a good point, but what I thought that made the MNOG so unique was that it focused on what the villagers were doing, not the Toa. We already knew the adventures of the Toa, so MNOG gave us insight on what the villagers were doing at that time. 

bZpOwEr

Like just about everyone else, I'd like a game that provides as experience as immersive, charming, and lovely as Mata Nui Online Game. Since we're dreaming, I'd like it to have the interaction and detail of the Infocom games of yore. First person seems ideal for both these things.

Another thing I'd like, which MNOG II featured, but never, it seems to me, sufficiently utilized, is a virtue-system. It worked wonderfully in Ultimas IV-VII, and I think it could do so for a BIONICLE game. It helps both with world-building and game-play, ideally making the fictional society depicted feel more real and presenting the player with fascinating moral dilemmas. I like the idea of the villages, in addition to having elemental affiliations, each being particularly devoted to a certain virtue.

As for graphics, I don't mind 3D as long as it does the game justice, but it likely would be superfluous to an "interactive-fiction" game. Besides, the new animations already have a established a 2D style which would nicely suit such a game.

But, realistically speaking, even a game that only partially succeeds in aspiring to MNOG's merits would probably be quite welcome. It just needs to be crafted with care, and not simply churned out,

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

I'm all for a 2D game, it's not really that much of a limitation I think, & frankly it would be quicker for them to do - or rather it means they can spend more time on getting everything else done & touching it up.

(A few mainstream Pokémon games where done in a Three-Quarters View, & plenty are done in a 2.5D all switching to a different view & no movement & sequences... plenty of games do really well 'despite' not having [proper] 3D...)

You know what:

http://www.lego.com/en-us/bionicle/

The animations are gorgeous!

Wait, I don't recall any animations on there. Where are they?

My apologies, I was thinking they had a link to this video amongst other things but I didn't check at the time as I was on my phone... sorry about that.

But not the word (animation) I was looking for anyway... (their Facebook page has some pretty nice stuff up as well, & I tend to mix up were I actually saw things >_>)

Edit: fixed quotes... kinda.

Edited by Iblis616

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Of course that would be fantastic!

Or maybe even better, instead of it being a browser game, release it on mobile devices. If such a game were to follow the style of the original, the control scheme would definitely be simple enough to port well to a touch-based interface.

~|ET|~

• Upvote 2

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

That's not better D: Some of us live under a rock and do not own any mobile devices.

And in a less-selfish line of reasoning, I know kids these days are getting phones at progressively younger ages, but I wager there will still be a significant portion of the target demographic without smartphones. So releasing a mobile game instead of a browser game is (I hope) a poor idea. In addition to would probably be wiser.

Edited by Jacks
  • Upvote 2

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You

That's not better D: Some of us live under a rock and do not own any mobile devices.

And in a less-selfish line of reasoning, I know kids these days are getting phones at progressively younger ages, but I wager there will still be a significant portion of the target demographic without smartphones. So releasing a mobile game instead of a browser game is (I hope) a poor idea. In addition to would probably be wiser.

In addition to would be actually better, yes.

But "mobile devices" is not limited to just smartphones. It includes tablets, which is what I was thinking of more actually. And many households are foregoing traditional desktops and even laptops for just tablets. For those individuals, doing just a browser game would be alienating. Either way it could happen. So yeah, both options I suppose would be best done in concert.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I'd pay for this.

Heck, if Lego wanted to make some money from it I'd be game. They could even set up for consoles, maybe with a slightly more complex campaign with difficulty selection.

Diablo has a PVP area, and that's be pretty cool to see.

If they added a few perks with the same style as MNOG, it'd be killer.

Don't get me wrong, MNOG had great depth for what it was, but it'd just increase the experience in a positive way with a little more depth.

Dunno, the fun part about diablo was commiting demon genocide and seeing heaven.

And the epic scale.(From a small uncut gem to a gigantic one)

AKA things that can't happen in the MU

Edited by TheCleanser

Heaven is Artakha, and the GSR is nothing if not epic in scale. Admittedly, spirituality is something TLG wouldn't touch. Too much baggage.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Heaven is Artakha, and the GSR is nothing if not epic in scale. Admittedly, spirituality is something TLG wouldn't touch. Too much baggage.

Weeellllll back in the early days of 2001, Papu and Rangi were the two gods that watched over the tohunga (and one reference to this still exists, tucked away in MNOG), though while they may have considered the idea in the past, I doubt they'd try it with '15. That'd be asking for trouble, nowadays.

• Upvote 3

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

Weeellllll back in the early days of 2001, Papu and Rangi were the two gods that watched over the tohunga (and one reference to this still exists, tucked away in MNOG), though while they may have considered the idea in the past, I doubt they'd try it with '15. That'd be asking for trouble, nowadays.

Yeowch, I totally forgot about that. I remember being confused. I can see why Lego never went anywhere with it though, one thing to use Maori terms for elements etc. but just straight up taking the gods? A big no-no. Good thing they never built on it either, or the retconning would have been massive. 

-NotS

• Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg

I think you can still access that dialogue by asking "Who am I?" immediately after delivering Nuju's letter to her. :P

• Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

a mnolg style game would be nice but I feel like a game like chima online or minifigures online is most likely going to happen which I am okay with. I like these games but a Bionicle version would be awesome!

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)