Strike From The Shadows

Grantaire

IC: Zacax"Quick question," Zacax asked, "Exactly...why are mercenaries attacking a huge island? Don't kill me I'm just asking, I literally just returned here to this island,"

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: Zacax"True...Metru Nui is one of the most advanced islands...but why not a place like Xia? They make weapons," Zacax asked, he was really curious by why they want to start a war here,

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC-Cotan:Within a small training room in the Colosseum, Cotan practiced his sword against specially-modified Vahki, similar to those that Lhikan and Nidhiki had commisioned, though with slightly different arms and weapons."Lunge, parry, riposte, attack, counterattack, shift backwards, right, stab, left, stab," he counted out the form, proceeding through it all until he struck the Vahki in a specific placement, stunning it, then sending it shambling back to where it had entered from. He sheathed his smallsword, before turning about, walking out of the training room.He noticed a large, Dragon-like being waiting outside from a window, but he payed it no heed as he walked, boredly.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Zacax"Calebos...? Don't you dare touch my little brother!" Zacax said

IC: ZacaxZacax wa filled with rage, he grabbed out his sword and swung it at the force field, "YOU! WON'T! HURT! CALEBOS!!!"

IC: Lhikan (Coliseum)"Nidhiki," Lhikan greeted his brother again, offering his fist in a Toa's salute. He chuckled and continued, "Yes, Ko-Metru. I need you to lead the stealth scouting party there. I need you to take Huna and fellow Volitak users and as many Psionics Toa as you can with you to the chute station that leads to Ko-Metru. The main chute station in Ko will serve as your base for operation.""And you're taking me with you," The Toa of Psionics with Lhikan, Inéha, spoke up. "Nidhiki, collect your team and I want you all shipped out to the Ko-Metru Chute Station by the end of the day." And he turned to the green and gray armored Toa. "You, you're with me." He left Inéha and Nidhiki to their mission and walked slowly towards the main group of Toa that still remained after the assembly. "I'm going to need your name, brother, apologies for not inquiring sooner, but it looks like you're our scout for sub-surface Ta-Metru."

Edited by Aderia

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

IC: ZykeZyke heard Zacax's screams across the chamber."You should stop that," he called back, "you'll only break your sword."The malicious Skakdi took the chute to the upper level where he found Reaper and Calebos where they had been before. Zyke drew his Zamor launcher and pointed it at Calebos's head."You're coming with me," he commanded.

67tlbk.png

IC: Nidhiki (Coliseum, Metru Nui)I took a second to look over the Psionics Toa I'd been left with. Cute. Independent. Had a take charge attitude. This had the potential to be fun."Alright, then," I finally said. "That's fair enough. You can come. Walk with me. We'll talk about who else we should bring along."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: CalebosCalebos walked slowly to the skakdi.IC: ZacaxZacax stopped...he was tired, he wasn't going to break the force field...

IC: Lhikan (Coliseum)"Aha, well, hopefully you won't be assassinating anyone just yet, Kal," He said. "Tell me, have you ever seen how a Visorak weaves its web?" As he spoke, he saw just the Toa he was looking for, he had arrived with the group from Onu-Metru. The Toa of Fire made a quick gesture, waving the Toa of Iron over. IC: Inéha (Coliseum)"Toa Nidhiki," Inéha, nodded curtly at the Toa of Air. She'd never really talked to him for the sake of talking before. But then again, who has time to talk simply for the sake of talking in a time of war? She scanned the Toa present for potential recruits.

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)

IC: Anthros"So what will we actually be doing? What is the purpose of the mission?" he asked, looking at Lhikan.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: Dorian (Coliseum, Metru Nui)Obligingly, Dorian turned towards Lhikan, and was almost immediately a part of the assembled group.IC: Nidhiki (Coliseum, Metru Nui)Come to think of it...I didn't know if I'd ever worked with this Toa before. I probably would've remembered her if I had - I'm pretty good with faces - but I mean...I was drawing a blank."So your name is..."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Zacax and CalebosZacax looked up and saw Calebos . "Caleb'l Zacax exclaimed"Zac!" Caleb said as he was pushed into his cell, "Arw you okay?""I'm worried about you!" Zacax said,

IC: Lhikan (Coliseum)Turning to the small group of assembled Toa, he clapped the Toa of Iron on the shoulder. "Okay, Dorian is going to be our Visorak. And Kal, you're going to weave the web. My plan for the initial scouting phase is to lay trip wires and vibration sensors in the tunnel, much like how a spider uses its web to sense vibrations and such. If you've ever seen the fibers in steel wool, we're going to be using thin wire a lot like that. We won't have to expend time and resources capturing an uninhabited portion of the underground if we don't have to. If we lay a large enough perimeter, any Hunter activity should be detected, and wei'll have the Ta-Metru branch alert and ready to be sent down into the underground at a minute's notice. But hopefully, it won't come to that." The sections of tunnel Lhikan was thinking of were ones that led up to the surface in Matoran refuge neighborhoods and important production sites. IC: Inéha (Coliseum)"Inéha," She provided, abandoning her search for volunteers to meet the other Toa's eye. "Do you have anyone in particular in mind for this task force?"Her mind's eye briefly showed her an image of the Toa of Sonics, Eyra, as she recalled his determined fighting in the streets of Onu-Metru, despite his injuries. Hard working, dedicated Toa like that, she liked to have at her back. OOC: Got bullied into editing this part in, even though i doubt anyone will see it.“Eyra, he’s a Toa of Sonics I rescued in Onu Metru,” she replied promptly. But to the side, another Toa of the council shook his head.“He needs time to heal, I’m afraid,” he replied.

Edited by Aderia

IC: ZacaxZacax got an idea. He activated his mask power and used Calebos's and Zacax became invisible.

IC, Kinvex: A Toa of Lightning ran, huffing, up to the group of assembled volunteers. A few of them chuckled at his folly. "Sorry, I'm late, I got held up," said Kinvex.OOC; And Kinvex has joined the party too. :biggrin: Oh, and last post for the night. If anyone needs him or Mar (which I doubt), you can just bunny them.

Edited by Sam Nex

IC: Reaper / Onu-Metru, Upper ArchivesFor Calebos and Zacax, a far worse fate was in waiting for them. A beam of energy blasted through one of the far walls, then moved quickly in a circle. A swift kick came, followed by the foot of a massive, giant monstrosity. Almost immediately after the dust cleared from the falling stone, Reaper stepped out, the area behind him suggesting auxiliary tunnels that ran alongside the main area.Deactivating his scythe, he stalked over to the edge of the force barrier. His face was obscured under his hood, but it was a fair guess he was letting out a very, very dark smile at the events."Is this who you were searching for? A Toa? How cute."He turned to Zyke. "Do you have a reason they're not dead?"-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

OOC: I have no idea what a Ha-whatchamacallit is, but so if you say so, yeah, I guess he did. :)So anyway, let me get this straight. He flew upwards to escape the lava boulder and then threw his enchanted pointy objects back across the canyon towards Turano. He plans to keep Turano on the defensive and then eventually overpover him with speed and unique powers. I guess his sword is still on minus?IC (Turano, Po-Metru): Turano watched his creation slam into the alcove with a satisfying crunch, spewing its molten contens across the wall. Shards of rock emerged from the stone wall and fell to the ground, but Turano saw no Dark Hunter body among them. Most powers of concealment he knew of required concentration to maintain, and if the being there was still concealed, it meant that he hadn't hit them. The problem now was that he didn't know where they were, or where their counter-strike would come from.His suspicions were confirmed a moment later when a group of objects flashed towards him from about where the being had been hiding. Evidently, the being was still alive and well, and definitely wasn't friendly. He didn't have any time to discover what had been thrown at him, but he knew they wouldn't be nice. Again he drew on the power of his faxon, this time using the power of the phase dragon. The edges of his body blurred as he shifted into a ghost-like form, and the sharp blades passed right through him, landing on the sandy ground with a series of thuds.The immediate danger was averted, but he still had no idea where the Hunter was. This was going to be a difficult fight if he could neither see nor hear his foe. Taking his best guess at where they would be (the area around the now-destroyed alcove), he raised his etherial arm and sent out a hail of iron spikes from his sword in the general direction, hoping to get some indication of where the hidden being was.IC (Krokk, Mala and an NPC Hunter, Onu-Metru): The two Skakdi made their way up through the archive sub-levels towards the Dark Hunters' base of operation. A short telepathic contact with the guards and a sharing of a few of Mala's memories was enough to confirm their identities, and so they passed inside unchallenged. Krokk lead them and their quadripedal colleague to a large chamber filled with various supplies that kept their army on its feet. Several other Hunters were moving through the room, bringing in weapons, food and other supplies or taking them out to where they were needed."Morning, Crusher" he said to a being twice his height, and then gave a brief salute. "We're heading out on a demolition job. Got anything to help with that?""You're wanting explosives, are you?" the other hunter replied, and returned the salute. "Just my specialty. How much do you need, or rather, what is it you want to blow?" His fingers began sparking at the thought, sending out tiny pops and bangs from his fingertips."We'll be going after a vahki factory in Le-Metru" Mala told him. "So the more the better. Enough to blow it sky-high"."That kind of demolition" Crusher remarked, as if Mala had merely suggested they go out for lunch. "My favourite. I'll see what I can do". He disappeared into the maze of shelves and crates, and returned a couple of minutes later with several bags of a bluish powder. "This should do the trick" he told them, "concentrated cabolo extract mixed with a few other goodies. Spread it around, toss in this detonator" he handed over a small device that looked like a spark plug "and run like Karzhani was chasing you"

ppg2.png

OOC: Pie, I'm assuming you used some kind of program to try and shut it down, meaning that I can interfere with the program.IC: Ian> Shutdown Initiating...> No! No shutdown!"PULLMEOUTPULLMEOUTPULLMEOUT!"

Edited by Using Less Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Zacax"Wanna know something, i suggest keep you guard in Ta-Metru," Zacax said

IC: Krahl & IanKrahl slinked stealthily through the archives, his power activated. Nearby, he heard a voice... "PULLMEOUTPULLMEOUTPULLMEOUT!"His power still in use, Krahl pulled Ian out of the computer."I'm out! I'm alive! Yes! I'm floating! That's not good!" I'm floating. That's not good. Floating definitely isn't good. I don't want to be floating.Krahl noticed a metal object nearby, and slotted Ian into it, the robot giving a small sigh of relief due to being back in its home."Do I have telekinetic powers now? Sweet!""No telekinesis." Krahl explained, making Ian invisible - since he wasn't alive, the power could spread to him -, and then he climbed into a small shaft that was used to ventilate the air, crawling through it, Ian now attached to his back."Ooh, do you want to hear a funny story?""No."Krahl soon arrived back at the camp, and revealed himself, climbing into the little hole that he called home. He then took a moment to examine Ian. "You are robot.""Um... yes, I s'pose so.""You talk. You feel.""Well, it depends on what you mean by 'feel'..."Krahl hit the robot against the wall, earning a cry of pain. "You feel pain, and emotion.""THAT BLOODY HURT YOU LITTLE-""Ssh. Others might hear." Krahl raised a single finger to his mouth.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Reaper / Onu-Metru, Upper Archives"Want to know something? I don't care about what happens in Ta-Metru. You shouldn't either, since the dead have no say in the affairs of the living."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: Zacax"Caleb!" Zacax said to his brotherIC: CalebosCalebos nodded and tossed a level 4 weakness Kanoka at the force field.

OOC: Figured he'd still be here.IC: Truahkia / ColiseumTruahkia stood off to the side from the others as Lhikan began explaining his initial plans.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC(Boxon, Coliseum): "With respect, sir." Boxon said to Lhikan. "Aren't those defensive tactics? What happened to filling up the main tunnel? Or is this just preliminary work for the mission?" He nervously shifted. Lhikan was his hero. He would never question him willingly, but he needed to know.-Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

IC: Truahkia / Coliseum"It's easier to collapse a tunnel once we have control of it," Truahkia replied to Boxon. "And as was stated earlier by Dume, before he left, the tunnels are underneath numerous factories. Collapsing it would be difficult, if not outright impossible, to perform in a safe way without having control over the region first. Which means ousting or capturing the Dark Hunters there."OOC: For the record @Zacax, I'm not ignoring you. I just don't have control over the forcefield, so I'm waiting for Zyke to respond. But if you do get out, your head's going off. :evilgrin:-Toa Levacius Zehvor :Flagusa;

OOC: Yeah, essentially. I think I'll just add an OOC to the end of my every post with him to show Olzet's charge.IC: Hualn caught the glow of the mask again. It didn't change as the toa turned intangible-evidently it was the same kanohi.Fe-Toa-Faxon, backup kanohi: ?The miniature tornado around Hualn's blade intensified a little as his back began to suck in air and his front expelled more. Iron spikes flying at his body were battered and sliced away by this reinforced armor and Olzet. He landed without a hitch to cut right through the ethereal body of his foe.At this point he began to run around the toa while exuding air from his back and feet for hovering and armor. With one hand his blade cut through the phased body and stayed within it; with the other he retrieved shuriken.The idea behind this move was simple: This toa could no longer use his Iron to directly attack thanks to his inclusion in Olzet's zone. Any attacks from outside of it could probably be dodged. And if the guy tried to escape in phased form, then Hualn would just follow and continue to pester him. Eventually the Faxon would run out or the toa would try to switch. At that point, Hualn's foe would be sliced or skewered by the continuous blade work.As well, the sheer speed of his movements kept his own abilities difficult to analyze. And he was regaining shuriken as he ran. Even if the toa somehow escaped without serious injury, Hualn would have left the circle with more ammunition and his enemy lacking in information.Hence, he only spammed on. He won either way.OOC: -

Edited by Joshua L. Chamberlain

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

GM - Ko Metru:there was the soft sound of a body hitting the ground in Ko Metru. The unlucky vahki had been lost on patrol. The sniper who had shot him nodded in satisfaction, watching as his target's body was dragged away. Around his block and a few others, such guards were placed, effectively controlling about 20 knowledge towers. Why, and for what, not even the guards knew.OOC; just thought I'd set the scene. the vahki is an NPC.

Edited by Zarayna: The Quiet Light

IC: GrontakGrontak followed Krokk and Mala when they went to get explosives. He still wasn't sure if their plan would work, but he thought it better then nothing.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET