BZPower Archive Update

Supposedly, there is another individual out there known as "Lime Paradox" who has "the SQL file that the staff needs to restore the database". Although the means by which he acquired this file are... rather distasteful, has any effort to investigate this been made?

I am being vaguely mentioned in quotation marks like some sort mysterious figure from the shady bonkles forum underworld

Oh my god this is so weirdly satisfying

(ALSO while we're on the subject, the last thing I remember happening with this is that the MALICIOUS INDIVIDUAL offered to try to help fix whatever else was wrong with the archives, but I didn't feel like attempting to negotiate some sort of truce between him and Six so I never got around to furthering this plan so HERE WE ARE. I am so sorry everyone and you can all blame me for singlehandedly destroying the last hope for the BZP archives)

Edited by Lime Paradox

RksnKgM.jpg

Really, Lime, it's probably good you didn't negotiate. I doubt the hacker wanted to really help fix the archives. Probably washed to see if he could create more havoc.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

I am being vaguely mentioned in quotation marks like some sort mysterious figure from the shady bonkles forum underworldOh my god this is so weirdly satisfying (ALSO while we're on the subject, the last thing I remember happening with this is that the MALICIOUS INDIVIDUAL offered to try to help fix whatever else was wrong with the archives, but I didn't feel like attempting to negotiate some sort of truce between him and Six so I never got around to furthering this plan so HERE WE ARE. I am so sorry everyone and you can all blame me for singlehandedly destroying the last hope for the BZP archives)

Don't humor yourself. Putting your name in quotation marks was simply my way of expressing, "This is the name that was used to refer to this individual on another website. While there is a member here on BZPower who goes by that name, I currently do not have the time to confirm that they are, indeed, the same person, simply because this is a different website and no one has the ability to copyright a username so it is still a possibility that the member who goes by Lime Paradox on BZPower is not the same person mentioned on the different website. Therefore, I am putting this person's name in quotes to signify that this is only a name by which this person is referred on another website, rather than this person's real name or even possibly the name that this person goes by on BZPower. On top of that which is aforementioned, I have no reason to trust anything said by the individual who mentioned this name, and therefore by putting this in quotes I am showing that these are not my own words and rather the words of another person which may or may not be truthful, and you can see that I am further signifying my doubt of this other person's sincerity by preceding these quoted words with the word 'supposedly' put in italics for emphasis," in a far less gaudy fashion. It's not my way of saying, "OOH HAY GUIZE DIS GUI IZ SOOOOOOOO MYSTERIOUS LOL I LOVE BIONICLES!!1!", like you imply it is.

Black Six, if you don't mind me asking for absolute confirmation, there is absolutely nothing, nothing at all, in your (or any other BZPower staff member's) possession that contains a complete archive, not even from 2009 or 2008, not a single backup on any older computers or external hard-drives or even a thumb-drive (though, despite being admittedly inept when it comes to this expertise, I doubt a thumb-drive has enough space capacity to hold such an archive), nowhere at all, just nothing? I do not doubt your word when you say that you and the others have already done all you can, but I just want to have confirmation that you are absolutely sure that there is not the slightest sliver of hope before we give up and declare that the current destroyed state of the archives is literally all that is left.

And if that is the case, then I politely yet strongly recommend that the new forums receive extensive backup treatment to prevent them from being obliterated by some impish kid wearing a mask of anonymity to usher forth a virtual apocalypse and replace everything with a black screen with white text reading, "You've met a terrible fate, haven't you?"

We've just lost ten years of our history, and all the writing, creation, effort, and people contained within. Let's not lose what little we have left to the same fate.

Black Six, if you don't mind me asking for absolute confirmation, there is absolutely nothing, nothing at all, in your (or any other BZPower staff member's) possession that contains a complete archive, not even from 2009 or 2008, not a single backup on any older computers or external hard-drives or even a thumb-drive (though, despite being admittedly inept when it comes to this expertise, I doubt a thumb-drive has enough space capacity to hold such an archive), nowhere at all, just nothing? I do not doubt your word when you say that you and the others have already done all you can, but I just want to have confirmation that you are absolutely sure that there is not the slightest sliver of hope before we give up and declare that the current destroyed state of the archives is literally all that is left.

If we weren't absolutely sure, we would not have announced it. As I said, this was not a decision we took lightly.

Thanks for trying, B6. It's good that we have an answer now either way, so we're not stuck in the suspense of not knowing if they'll be back or not. Personally I'm with those that don't really care that much. With the exception of the old BZPRPG, I can't say there's anything I'll miss.

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

I am being vaguely mentioned in quotation marks like some sort mysterious figure from the shady bonkles forum underworldOh my god this is so weirdly satisfying (ALSO while we're on the subject, the last thing I remember happening with this is that the MALICIOUS INDIVIDUAL offered to try to help fix whatever else was wrong with the archives, but I didn't feel like attempting to negotiate some sort of truce between him and Six so I never got around to furthering this plan so HERE WE ARE. I am so sorry everyone and you can all blame me for singlehandedly destroying the last hope for the BZP archives)

Don't humor yourself. Putting your name in quotation marks was simply my way of expressing, "This is the name that was used to refer to this individual on another website. While there is a member here on BZPower who goes by that name, I currently do not have the time to confirm that they are, indeed, the same person, simply because this is a different website and no one has the ability to copyright a username so it is still a possibility that the member who goes by Lime Paradox on BZPower is not the same person mentioned on the different website. Therefore, I am putting this person's name in quotes to signify that this is only a name by which this person is referred on another website, rather than this person's real name or even possibly the name that this person goes by on BZPower. On top of that which is aforementioned, I have no reason to trust anything said by the individual who mentioned this name, and therefore by putting this in quotes I am showing that these are not my own words and rather the words of another person which may or may not be truthful, and you can see that I am further signifying my doubt of this other person's sincerity by preceding these quoted words with the word 'supposedly' put in italics for emphasis," in a far less gaudy fashion. It's not my way of saying, "OOH HAY GUIZE DIS GUI IZ SOOOOOOOO MYSTERIOUS LOL I LOVE BIONICLES!!1!", like you imply it is.

...I just thought the way you said it was amusing is all

I was not really expecting an entire paragraph in defense of it

Edited by Lime Paradox

RksnKgM.jpg

If we weren't absolutely sure, we would not have announced it. As I said, this was not a decision we took lightly.

Very well, then. That is all I wanted to hear. Thank you all for doing all that you could... it's just a shame that there isn't anything more that can be done to save the archives.

...I just thought the way you said it was amusing is allI was not really expecting an entire paragraph in defense of it

I was not really expecting someone to be so easily amused by something so simple as seeing someone else put their name in quotes. This being the internet, and all I have to work with is purple text on a white background, I could not tell if you were being genuinely sincere, snidely sarcastic, or all "high and mighty". But I digress. Edited by PeabodySam

Okay, so maybe this violates BZP rules, but whatever happened to this hacker? I presume he is a banned member, meaning we cannot discuss him(But we can view his user page LOL) but what's to stop him from making a new account and hacking again?

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Okay, so maybe this violates BZP rules, but whatever happened to this hacker? I presume he is a banned member, meaning we cannot discuss him(But we can view his user page LOL) but what's to stop him from making a new account and hacking again?

We do not want to give the hacker any undue attention as that is what they crave and it will only encourage them to try to attack BZPower again.

So...this hasn't happened yet, has it? Because it's all still there...anyway it hardly matters, a lot of the stuff I'm interested in is no longer there at this point, which is somewhat a curse and a blessing. I think I've salvaged what I've wanted to salvage in the last couple of months. But yeah, I guess I feel more a pang of sadness over this than the BIONICLE website closing down (oh and hey, it's happened, only thought to check just now!), this was one hub of my life for many years, but if it has to go, it has to go, the reasoning is sound to me. Fare thee well, BZP Archive. Now to finish this ramble.

signoff.png

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

The only bright side to all this is that no-one will read my negative jibe at Monty Python's later work. (I'm actually starting to like a lot of their work - at least, what I've seen so far - and since The Life of Brian is in the Criterion Collection, it's for good reason!)

And while I think of it, nobody will see how I single-handedly ended a comedy with a misunderstanding... I didn't know that was just a joke!

Edited by CHTrilogy

~ CHTrilogy

Wow. I just came back to this site after being gone for quite a long time. Not only is pretty much all of my hard work gone, but the work of many of my friends will never been seen again. Dark709, Superkid11, PePena... The list goes on.Rest in peace, old BZP forum. You will be sorely missed. :(

Please search

AppleTStudios
=)

Also, if you have Xbox Live, I'll be playing Halo: Reach when it comes out so if you wanna play just send an invite to ATS Tony. I'm a fun person to play games with, especially if you like to just run around being random and funny =)

If you wish to contact me (the Goodbye topic is closed) then please do so through the information I have listed on my profile. Thank you =)