Video Game General (Official)

Terminus

Wasn't The Last of Us already incredibly cinematic? What's the point of making a film adaptation of it?

First and foremost, to make money. But also to take advantage of an amazing pre-made story that is currently limited to being enjoyed by people who can play shooters. The audience for most video games is pitifully small compared to that of movies because unlike movies (which are a passive activity), the majority of video games require a certain level of skill. And that's not even mentioning the monetary expense to play games, especially those exclusive to consoles. There's a reason so many PC games and mobile games have such a huge market share, and that's because the platform is one many people already own for other more necessary applications than gaming.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The problem there is that video game movies rarely ever appeal to the non-gaming public. Most of them bomb completely because of this, despite how good the source material is. Though with Raimi supposedly attached to the project on some level, I'm wondering how Bruce Campbell is going to show up.

If anything, we can hope that all the upcoming videogame movies will reverse the trend.

But I really, really, really doubt that's gonna happen.

The best we can hope for is something like the first Mortal Kombat, where it captures the tone of the games. And MK only worked because of how little lore there was at the time that movie got made.

hElbrZ6.gif

The best video game stories are the ones that take advantage of the medium, the stories that effectively make the player the protagonist. These stories do not translate to other media, they can't.

A good example is the Shadow of the Colossus movie that's apparently in the works. That movie is doomed to be terrible: adapted faithfully, and it will be dreadfully boring to watch; if anything's changed, then it will have missed the point entirely.

I feel Shadow of the Colossus isn't a good example. It's unique. Something like The Last of Us COULD work as a movie, in the hands of a competent team. Heck, even Resident Evil could have worked. But Shadow of the Colossus had it's own way of telling stories. It had some action, then a long period to reflect. It just wouldn't translate to film very well. I don't feel very many games actually take advantage of the potential video games have for storytelling. Sure, The Last of Us had one of the best storylines I can think of, but as I said, had it never been a game, and just the same story in a movie, it would have probably felt more or less the same.

Titanfall falls in four days!

Also, I retract almost everything negative I've said about Bioshock Infinite. I've played several hours of it over the last few weeks, but I am nearly finished ( I know the ending thanks to youtube, when I watched it nearly a year ago because I assumed I'd never buy it).

It's so darn good.

I do maintain that the gun-play isn't quite perfect, and it's also a little bit laggy on my computer in certain sequences, which is surprising given that my computer can do Crysis 2 on High without missing a beat. However, the amazing story, art design, environments, music, and general atmosphere created by all the above, make it worth playing again and again. I hadn't been using the Vigors a lot, but I have now started and they make the fighting much more interesting. When I play through the game again, I intend to use more Vigors and a higher difficulty.

In other Bioshock news, I'm debating whether to get Bioshock 1 or 2, for PC or Xbox 360.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

the majority of video games require a certain level of skill

not recently!

Also, I retract almost everything negative I've said about Bioshock Infinite. I've played several hours of it over the last few weeks, but I am nearly finished ( I know the ending thanks to youtube, when I watched it nearly a year ago because I assumed I'd never buy it).

It's so darn good.

I AM SO MAD AT YOU

But Shadow of the Colossus had it's own way of telling stories

SotC never attempted to tell a story don't say otherwise. it had an extremely simple story which was done well but being well done doesn't change the fact that it's story was extremely simple and ergo very easy to tell.

Yes, but at least movies based on books tend to work out in the end. Movies based on video games are NOTORIOUS for being awful.

book-to-movie adaptations can just as easily be botched. i don't need to give you examples, you already know them.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

There's a much higher ratio of generally well-received book-to-movie adaptations than game adaptations. I can identify at least 10 movies based off of books that I thought were good, but I cant even do half that for movies based off games.

Also, slightly relevant Wikipedia page.

Anyways, I watched the Bayonetta movie last night, I found the story really hard to follow without pulling from my knowledge of the game (the plot doesn't really start to kick in until at least halfway through the movie), although it did have generally nice animation and some rather good action scenes. It wasn't totally awful, but it wasn't really that good, either. At least it was well-paced enough to not be painfully boring.

Titanfall falls in four days!

It's so darn good.

I do maintain that the gun-play isn't quite perfect, and it's also a little bit laggy on my computer in certain sequences, which is surprising given that my computer can do Crysis 2 on High without missing a beat. However, the amazing story, art design, environments, music, and general atmosphere created by all the above, make it worth playing again and again. I hadn't been using the Vigors a lot, but I have now started and they make the fighting much more interesting. When I play through the game again, I intend to use more Vigors and a higher difficulty.

In other Bioshock news, I'm debating whether to get Bioshock 1 or 2, for PC or Xbox 360.

Note: Infinite does not happen in the Rapture universe. The whole alternate universe thing was a complete mindscrew for me.

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

But Shadow of the Colossus had it's own way of telling stories

SotC never attempted to tell a story don't say otherwise. it had an extremely simple story which was done well but being well done doesn't change the fact that it's story was extremely simple and ergo very easy to tell.

You've said a lot of stupid things, but that was by far one of the stupidest. I have honestly lost a bit of respect for you here. You are simply impatient and don't understand it yet.

I will go into full detail, and this WILL spoil the game for anyone who hasn't beaten it, so if you have any appreciation for art, don't click the spoiler tag.

The game goes on it's own take to ask the moral question of how far should you be willing to go for others. That's why it throws you in with so little story and background. You don't know who this girl is, and you set off on a quest to revive her. A ridiculous quest. You need to climb living skyscapers, and slay them in battle, all because a voice echoing through your head in a temple told you it MIGHT bring her back.

But it's not like this is anything special yet. It's just a video game so far, right?

Well, it wasn't long before the game just started feeling "off" to me, so to say. The land was empty and quiet. There were no common enemies, no villages, no companions other than a horse. But the thing that felt most off? When you beat a boss in a video game, you normally hear a fanfare. It should sound victorious. This is exactly why I felt so odd to hear such a slow, almost mournful piece of music play when the first colossus fell. It had a dramatic death sequence, one that didn't leave me feeling completely satisfied. Sure, it felt kinda good, but just "off."

The next time I felt kinda odd was with the horse, Phaedra. It didn't make much motion to attack you until you started to strike at it, and whenever you hit it, it would scream in pain. You had to stab it's neck so it would bend over and you could get on it's head. But when you fell off, it's neck stayed over, as if you had broken it.

The next Colossus, the phoenix Avion, rubbed me entirely the wrong way. The fight starts off with it just watching you, and it won't make any kind of offensive gestures until you shoot it with your arrow. Dormin's hint here was "perhaps your bow is needed to get it's attention", or something along those lines, implying that it just didn't notice you, but as you swam around it, it turned to face you, clearly aware of your presence.

I continued through the game at a normal pace, mostly unimpressed, as you were. So far, it just felt like a Zelda game with bad graphics that was locked in boss rush mode. Some fights were great, others were tedious. Travel was tedious, and as previously stated, too quiet. But the music was great, better than any other game I'd heard up until this point. I looked up some of the songs, and one of the titles stood out to me.

"A Despair Filled Farewell".

That was the title of the music that played when the fight with the phoenix starts going your way.

Why would a victorious theme EVER be named something like that?

I come from a family of musicians, and while I'm by far the least talented in the field, I still have a deep appreciation for it. The whole second half of that song had originally just sounded like victory, but when relistening to it, I now heard a struggle. I falsely assumed this to represent the struggle between your character and the bird.

The game continued on, and I was loosing interest. After #8, you get a cutscene showing the girl waking up, sitting up, looking, but in a faded tone, with a really distorted version of the "victory" theme that played after every fight, before it's revealed to just be a dream. I thought for sure I had noticed something major changing about the game, but I had just recently switched TVs, and dismissed it as just the way the TV was lit.

But as the game pressed on, it became increasingly obvious that it wasn't.

At the end of every fight, your character was changing. His clothes became stained, and hair went from being well kept, and brownish in color, to messy and black. But most noticeable was his face, which was turning white with each fight, and, starting with #12, began to look as if it was rotting.

After #12, you get an interesting cutscene, showing a group of men on horseback traveling, when one of them proclaims that they are close to their goal. In his riddle for #13, Dormin mentions that "thou art not alone."

The next fight, #13, is the best boss battle I've ever done. You go out into this huge desert, and a massive dragon emerges from the sand, and begins to fly around. This is the biggest colossus in the game, by far. It's got a wingspan of like 200 feet. And it's a more eastern styled dragon, so it's long and thing, not wide.

But the fight itself is frustrating beyond belief. You need to hit three sacks on it's underbelly, so that they deflate and it falls towards the ground. Aiming is difficult enough, and you need to do this while on the horse, which is already difficult to control. You had to then catch up with it's wings as they came close to the ground, and jump off of your horse onto them, which was pretty difficult, too. It had three weakpoints, and after attacking just one of them, you fell off and had to repeat the process. The whole fight took nearly an hour, and was unbelievably frustrating. Because of that, by the second or third attempt to get on this thing, I really wanted it dead. Dead beyond imagination. And when I killed it, I decided I was done with the game. It was just tedious, just frustrating. That fight was awful, and so, I walked away.

And I thought about it.

And I came to the conclusion that this fight was actually supposed to be tedious, because it made you feel so good when the creature died. You wanted it dead, you wanted to stab it and see it's black blood spew everywhere. You wanted the tear it to pieces. You hated it.

And that made me completely overlook the fact that the creature had absolutely no way of attacking me. It had no way of defending itself. I came to it's home, I killed it, and I had the nerve to get angry at it. I had just committed a murder, and felt good when it was over.

All because some strange voice echoing in my head in some old temple told me it MIGHT bring back a girl.

After realizing this, it all made sense to me. This whole game had me killing creatures, most of which were indifferent to my presence before I attacked them. These long travels were to give you time to reflect. The tediousness was used to make you irritable, so you'd become angry when something prevent you from completing your quest. This whole game, you'd been playing as the bad guy. Perhaps not evil, not entirely, but your character was killing everyone on the hope that something MIGHT bring back his lover. And the game actually worked you into his shoes with the gameplay. Had I watched that fight in a movie, or even a let's play, I wouldn't have walked away with the same effect. I may have picked up that the character wasn't good, but the game actually made ME willing to murder helpless victims.

As I went through the next two fights, I had a new outlook on the game. The next fight began to work in your favor after you clonked the Colossus on the head with some heavy stones. As you finally got on top of it, it ran around aimlessly in terror, unable to shake you off as you stabbed it to death. It kept stumbling, and stopping, because it probably had a concussion! The next fight wasn't exactly as saddening, but I no longer felt good about doing this.

I had previously been told the name of the last Colossus. Malus, Latin for "evil". Now having a much better idea as to what was going on, I naturally suspected that the Colossus would in some way, shape, or form represent your character, who at this point looked like a walking corpse. He couldn't even stand up straight anymore! On the way to the Colossus, you come across a rickety bridge, and trying to get across it causes it to collapse, and you die and have to try again. It's surprisingly more difficult than it sounds, even with the horse, so you just constantly fail, and both plummet into the ravine below. Eventually, you make it, and feel relieved, until you notice that the horse has lost it's footing on the last step. It bucks, causing you to fly safely to the other side, but it falls to its death.

I cried.

I don't want any of your BS, got it? I get it not everyone has a mature appreciation for storytelling, and you clearly do not, but I cried. I didn't cry at all on The Last of Us. I didn't cry watching Life is Beautiful. I don't think I ever cried from a video game before, and rarely from movies, but I cried. My sister cried. Both of my friends who have played this game cried. It was just hearbreaking to see how your characters actions have now lead to his only companion being killed. And this only further convinced me that the last Colossus would take on the form of your character.

But it didn't.

This really slow, sad piece of music began to play as a thunderstorm broke out. I had to squint to try to make out the black silhouette in the distance, but when the lighting struck, and I saw it, I was so surprised.

The girl. The reason your character did any of this. The reason why he committed these murders, and lost his horse, and went on a quest that would almost certainly end in his own death. He wanted her back so badly that he was willing to do literally anything to bring her back, whether that meant potentially sacrificing his own life, or the lives of others, or even trusting mysterious deities who lived in forbidden lands.

This Colossus stood still, just firing at you from a distance, as you worked your way towards it. When you finally reached it, it became apparent that it's feet couldn't move, as if they were fused to the ground. It stopped shooting at you, and as you climbed up it, up into it's hands, it just looked at you in curiosity. It instinctively attacked you, but it seemed intrigued by you. This was probably the first time it had ever seen a human. And you killed it, just like all the others.

When you make it back to the temple the final time, the men on horses from the cutscene earlier arrive. They are horrified to see the final statue crumble, and their leader, an old man named Lord Emon, turns to you and starts shouting. He says things about how you used some "forbidden spell", and tells you to just look at yourself, because you have become possessed by the dead. The camera pans over to your character, who looks very much dead, and has now sprouted a pair of horns on his head.

From the way your character acts, I take it he knew full well what he was doing. As Emon continues to yell, your character just looks onwards at the girl, still laying on the alter, dead. As Emon has his men move in to execute you, he just looks on at the girl. And as they drive a sword through your heart, the character just looks on at the girl. That's the last thing he sees before he blacks out, and strange, black, smokelike blood shoots out of his body, which then become covered in a shadowy veil - the exact same death that the Colossi suffered.

The Bible describes the devil as being a tempter. He has no real power, but he can talk to you, and lie to you, and tempt you with the things you want. Dormin seems to be much the same. The Colossi were guardians, holding back Dormin, and when you killed them, and the strange black tentacles entered your body, that was Dormin, corrupting you. Your characters body grows in huge size, as Dormin is now freed, and he moves on to kill Emon. In a twist of fates, you are now in the role of Dormin, a giant, fighting a group of small men. The escape, and open a portal to suck Dormin in. A cutscene shows Dormin's essence ripped out of your character, leaving him intact, and very much alive looking. You have a brief glimmer of hope, until the gameplay starts up again.

This is the cruelest thing I have ever seen in a video game.

The girl is on one end of the temple. You are near the portal/vortex on the other, and it is still sucking you in. Your perceived goal is to get to the girl, but after a few minutes of trying, you realize this is impossible. You can keep on trying forever, but you will never make it. You have to give up at the end. You have to lose. You have to allow your character to get sucked into the portal, which, for all you know, leads to on the other side. And while you know now that he is probably deserving of this, it still hard to do. You just want to see him reunited with the girl, after all he'd been through for her.

At the end, she does actually get up, as Dormin DID keep his word, and as a bonus, your horse is shown trotting into the temple with just a broken leg. And where the vortex has now closed, a baby lays, implying that your character is almost reborn, but at the cost of his life, and thus, his memories are most likely gone. The girl doesn't know who this baby is.

It also has horns, showing that a trace of Dormin still exists, as your character has released a great and evil power onto the world.

What about that is lack of plot? It's slow, and for the longest time, I didn't get it either. But the story was complex, and beautiful. Very few stories are so powerful, and have such a strong message to them. It's okay to go out of your way to help others, but you need to evaluate the cost, both to yourself, and others who may not want to be involved. Your character doesn't, and he is corrupted, both physically and mentally, into a monster, a ruthless killer who is not willing to let anything get in his way.

And it does do something that no other form of media can recreate. Observing the fight with the dragon in a movie may leave the viewer suspicious as to who the bad guy is, but playing it first hand actually makes you go through similar emotions to your character. You do want it dead, and for a while there, you don't care how innocent it is. I've not even played another VIDEO GAME that I felt had such a powerful and moving way of conveying a plot point, and because of that, I call Shadow of the Colossus art. I loved every minute of The Last of Us, but it wasn't art. It had a moving story, but you could have gotten the exact same effect out of a movie, because you only OBSERVED what was going to happen to Ellie. Sure, you did save her, but after a CUTSCENE made you feel frantic to do so. Shadow of the Colossus had it's strongest emotional points in gameplay.

I'm sure there are other games out there that do this, but for the time being, it's the only video game I've played that I would call art.

And remember, this loser calls me a Nintendo fanboy, and no Nintendo game is art IMO.

Sorry for the personal attacks there, but I am honestly shocked that you could say something like that. You just don't understand, because you either haven't finished the game, or did finished it, and can't see past the lack of action for the amazing storyline it presented. I don't think I've seen a more dynamic character anywhere.

Also, sorry this is poorly written, but I'm tired, and couldn't let myself go to bed until this was done :P

you keep saying that and you've gone to great lengths to describe the plot of this game and you've only really proven me right. the plot of SotC is very thematically interesting and i will agree that it is rather beautiful, but it is extremely simple. simple stories have better messages, and you're confusing message with plot. that's where this is coming from. if you still aren't hearing what i'm saying, let's just agree to disagree. if it's any consolation your passion has inspired me to pick it back up.

also

And remember, this loser calls me a Nintendo fanboy, and no Nintendo game is art IMO

stop being so defensive defensive people are irrational

you keep saying that and you've gone to great lengths to describe the plot of this game and you've only really proven me right. the plot of SotC is very thematically interesting and i will agree that it is rather beautiful, but it is extremely simple. simple stories have better messages, and you're confusing message with plot. that's where this is coming from. if you still aren't hearing what i'm saying, let's just agree to disagree. if it's any consolation your passion has inspired me to pick it back up.

also

And remember, this loser calls me a Nintendo fanboy, and no Nintendo game is art IMO

stop being so defensive defensive people are irrational

Sorry I totally flipped out above dude. That was uncalled for, and I shouldn't have ranted so hard... I'll just agree to disagree too.

So, on a different note, I just beat Conker's Bad Fur Day, and while the game did continuously impress me with how far it was willing to go with something stupid and inappropriate it was willing to go, but at the end, it managed to impress me in a way I didn't expect.

They actually tried to work a moral into the story. And it worked.

Overall, I'm very mixed on the game. It was great at giving you absolutely no direction at all as to where you should go next, how to solve the puzzles, or even what your overall goal was half the time. The controls for the platforming were awkward, and the shooting controls were awful, but the game was pretty funny, and the graphics were great. It had it's moments, but for the $70, I can't say I'd recommend buying it anytime soon. Great game that's worth playing through, and to own just so you can say you own it, but it's not something I see myself replaying in the future.

There are two big reasons I may have found the platforming more awkward than you did.

A. I suck at platformers.

B. I use a 3rd party N64 controller which has a really stiff stick because it's better than any 1st party controller I've used for the system.

I felt you took fall damage really oddly in the game. You could fall just a bit more than your jump height, and lose one Chocolate, but if you fell much more than that, it just jumped to instant death.

So, a question about Battlefront 2: I'm planning on getting it soon, but I'm wondering wether I should get the PC or PS2 version. Any real technical things that would make one better than the other?

PC version can be modded? :P

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

PC versions of games are consistently better from the technichal side, i was playing battlefront 2 on medium today and my friend commented at how it looked so much better than his xbox version.

but mods+custom maps are the real reason to get the PC version, graphics are the wrong thing to prioritize if the games run as well on either platform. ps2 has the advantage of couch co-op so if you wanna bring your buddies over to play battlefront 2 with you, get the console version.

Edited by ~JC~

but mods+custom maps are the real reason to get the PC version, graphics are the wrong thing to prioritize if the games run as well on either platform. ps2 has the advantage of couch co-op so if you wanna bring your buddies over to play battlefront 2 with you, get the console version.

JC, that's probably the smartest thing you've said yet.

Just a brief question for the lot of you, about translations: Notice any obvious differences (besides the language) in a character's voice when it's in a different language (i.e. Japanese)?

Morally unambiguous.

So, a question about Battlefront 2: I'm planning on getting it soon, but I'm wondering wether I should get the PC or PS2 version. Any real technical things that would make one better than the other?

Mods + graphics. Battlefront 2 is a fantassstic game. However, if you're willing to wait, I'd wait until May 4th (May the Fourth be with you, Star Wars day), when everything Star Wars is on sale. Last year, all Star Wars games on Steam were 66% off.

Just finished BioShock Infinite. Even though I knew the ending, I never knew how great it was to be personally playing through it, or how I'd get the feels. OOooh, man, now I definitely need to get 1, 2, or the Burial at Sea packs - though $15 per DLC is pricey. If anyone doesn't own that game and finds it on sale, you neeeed to buy it.

Also - I've probably asked this before, but if my computer can run Crysis 2 only on very high/(the one above that), and even then not at the best fps, can it run Crysis or Crysis Warhead to any successful degree? From what I can tell, probably not Crysis 1 - but I've heard that Warhead is better optimized... so...

Edited by Wazdakka

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

Derp, totally forgot about local multiplayer in Battlefront 2 on consoles. Which is what I loved about it and why I wanted to get in the first place. PS2 version it is, then.

Anyways, I mostly agree with this:

I notice characters generally have higher pitched voices in Japanese.

although sometimes it's different when hearing a Japanese dub of a western game. Like inFamous 2. Those voices are pretty much spot-on.

And speaking of inFamous... Second Son comes in 10 days! Really excited, although the fact that PS4s are pretty much nowhere to be found means I'll have to wait a while to play it (yes, I preordered it about 5 months ago. and yes, I was hoping to have a PS4 by now.). At least I'll have a cool beanie and some pins to hold me over...

Edited by Raku Ichijo

May as well list a few examples myself.

Soul Calibur IV: Japanese!Yoshimitsu sounds much deeper and very different (because there's no such thing as a British accent in Japanese), and kinda drunk when doing his "Namu namu namu" taunt. Japanese!Nightmare on the other hand, sounds exactly the same. And, they somehow made Xianghua more annoying.

Persona 4: Arena: Noticeable differences; English!Labrys keeps a Jersey/Bronx/Brooklyn/whatever-the-karz-it-is accent, whereas Japanese!Labrys uses the Kansai regional dialect; Shadow Labrys sounds totally bizarre in Japanese; Yosuke's voice sounds much more shrill than in the localization.

I also found a mod that allows you to have English text in Call of Duty: Black Ops while having Japanese voicing. Everyone speaks Japanese, even Russians, Cubans and Vietnamese.

Morally unambiguous.

From my experiences playing Japanese dub games, most male characters tend to have either a more deeper and serious tone or just the total opposite. On some occasions, serious tone characters may have a less serious tone and vice versa.

They always perfect the female characters though.

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

Just realized that Titanfall came out yesterday. Anyone have it?

I'm also perplexed that it's been out for a full day, but there are no sales reported on the interwebs...

EDIT: BIOSHOCK INFINITE IS $7.49, 75% off on Steam, and will be until tomorrow. Go get it!

Edited by Wazdakka

Titanfall seems neat, although the fact that it's multiplayer only really hurts my interest in it. While I am planning on getting a 360 later this year, I'm not planning on getting Live, and my computer can barely run anything more than Portal, although I might give it a try when I have a good enough computer and it's cheap, then it might be worth it for me, but that won't be for a while.

That said, I hope it does well enough to still be active when/if I'm able to get it, because it looks like fun.

bioshock infinite wasn't that good

It wasn't "ERMAHGERD GREATEST GAME EVER" but for $7.49? That's a hard deal to turn down if you have some spare cash.

Edited by Strategist Alex Humva
  • Upvote 1

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

i don't wanna say i regret waiting so long to join the mustard race since i am a playstation guy at heart, but PC gaming is just so good. not for the graphics or performance or even the KB+M controls, but just because the library is so good

for example i just picked up neverwinter nights 2 and it phenomenal. is obsidian the perfect developer?

If I may just throw my two pence in, I think PC gaming is far superior to console gaming, if only for First Person Shooters and MOBAs and anything that requires aiming. Using a mouse to aim is so much more fluid than relying on an auto-assist. I may be biased as one of my first proper games was Left 4 Dead, but as the first shooter I ever played was Siphon Philter on the Playstation, I'm not sure.

But man, the sales you get on PC games. Humble Bundles, Steam sales, COG, all sorts. I got Saints Row 2, Dead Island, a huge number of DLCs for Saints Row 3 and a bunch of other games for a fiver. You just don't see that on consoles.

Anyway, anyone here play League of Legends?

I like the convince of just clicking on a game on my already-being-used PC, and the graphics are nice, but I'm very picky when it comes to games. Pretty much every series that I love is a Nintendo or Sony exclusive (moreso Nintendo), and none of those really play right on a PC (even on emulators, it just feels different). Generally, when picking up a multiplat, it's through Steam these days.

I prefer PC gaming, except for one thing:

The download time.

I hate how long it takes for games to download, though it's mainly my god-awful internet. Almost a whole day to download GTA IV is ridiculous. In fact, I only have a few of the games in my Steam library downloaded, only because of the download time.

Of course, consoles have the same issue when downloading games. I just tend to buy discs for consoles, however.

though it's undeniable that pc has the greatest deals for games around. and games.

but that freaking download time for those games is just aaaaaaaaagh

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian