Video Game General (Official)

Terminus

Surprised no one discussed The Master Chief Collection or Halo 5. That was pretty much the highlight of E3 and also 343i's redemption. (well, unless Halo 5 turns out to suck, but since they seem to be on the right track now...)

>:(

there's a reason for that

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Surprised no one discussed The Master Chief Collection or Halo 5. That was pretty much the highlight of E3 and also 343i's redemption. (well, unless Halo 5 turns out to suck, but since they seem to be on the right track now...)

> :(

Saving one of the best for last.

The new Battlefront is obviously the best. I just hope EA doesn't screw us over.

Edited by Regicidal Kaiser Manducus

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

The new Battlefront is obviously the best. I just hope EA doesn't screw us over.

fanboy pls go

The most interesting thing about those trailers were Keith David's lovely, lovely voice. They didn't really show much of anything beyond 'yeah, we're still milking this cash cow to death' and, admittedly, pretty solid graphics.

Wasn't even the highlight of their conference, let alone E3 as a whole- both Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Ori left more of an impression. I'd even argue Sunset Overdrive was more impressive, honestly.

hElbrZ6.gif

fanboy pls go

What if I'm a fanboy? At least I respect other people views.

Dang, you people seem to have this ridiculous idea that Halo sucks. Other than you, Manducus.

It's not that Halo sucks. It's more that they showed absolutely nothing really worth talking about at the thing. No offense or anything.

hElbrZ6.gif

Personally, I'm excited at the fact that both campaign and the matchmaking can be interchangeable between all games. The trailer for the Halo 5 MP beta....ehhh....not so excited...didn't really tell us anything other than armor abilities are now Spartan abilities which I assumed includes the tackle and the ground pound shown in the trailer? Again, CGI trailers, very deceptive.

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

Dang, you people seem to have this ridiculous idea that Halo sucks. Other than you, Manducus.

It's not that Halo sucks. It's more that they showed absolutely nothing really worth talking about at the thing. No offense or anything.

None taken, man. The Halo hype seems to die off over the years.

None taken, man. The Halo hype seems to die off over the years.

Part of it is probably the fact sales for FPS games have been on a decline lately in general, honestly. Like, CoD Ghosts and BF4 both had a sizable dip in sales- the fact we're getting Hardline is surprising, considering it's published by EA.

EDIT- GOG's summer sale is up and going. WOO, CHEAP DRM-FREE GAMES!

Edited by Elric of Melnibone

hElbrZ6.gif

There's just too many -well I don't want to say FPS- but too many multiplayer games in general. In E3, we're starting to see more games that are gearing towards online co-op, but there's also the games gearing to be the console MMO, like Destiny or the Division and of course, there's COD and GTAV. I'm somewhat skeptical that these games will be able to maintain a healthy population.

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

Anyone else wowed by Nintendo's Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.? I'm a little iffy on the graphics but I love the general design sense and what we've seen of the gameplay (it looks like the kind of game I'd like, since I'm generally not that good at traditional shooters but greatly enjoy strategy games). If the game has the kind of character diversity and depth that I enjoyed in Fire Emblem: Awakening, it'll be a surefire purchase for me.

I also loved what we saw of the new Zelda (character models and all), Splatoon (which looks like buckets of fun even though I don't know if I'd be any good at it), and the new Yoshi and Kirby games. Not to mention Smash Bros. Hopefully this year is the year I'll finally get a Wii U...

I didn't get that much out of Sony or Microsoft's conferences, as once again they announced a bunch of good-looking games that just don't appeal to me. The main exception is Grim Fandango, since I generally like adventure games but am somewhat new to the genre, but it's an older game that's also coming to PC so it's not exactly making me want a PS4.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Part of it is probably the fact sales for FPS games have been on a decline lately in general, honestly. Like, CoD Ghosts and BF4 both had a sizable dip in sales- the fact we're getting Hardline is surprising, considering it's published by EA.

Hardline itself is more like an expansion than an out-an-out sequel; Battlefield 4.5, if you will.

Morally unambiguous.

I have just joined the blessed ranks of those who played Smash 4 early. Took three hours in hot sunlight, but it was sooooo worth it!

Got to demo both 3DS and the Wii U versions one after the other, two minutes each. Was Pit in 3DS and Mega Man in Wii U. Gotta say, I cant play with the 3DS buttons OR Pro Controller so I kinda sucked. xP But maaaan I loved every second of it. Upperdash Arm is amazing and beats out HI-YI-YI-YI-YI-YA! For me, and recovery move is much better. Other differences were really subtle but Pit seems like a better char now. Mega Man was kinda funky but Crash Bomb and Leaf Shield were really fun. Super Arm as his grab felt fun, and Spark Shock was great for trapping people. Also, the Mega Buster projectiles are kinda OP in Sudden Death Mode, found that out on accident. =P

Will probably post more complete thoughts if I can, but my hype has gone up 150%.

Edited by Phoenix Zero

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Hardline itself is more like an expansion than an out-an-out sequel; Battlefield 4.5, if you will.

I somewhat agree with you guys. I'm becoming worried that they're going to play the COD card by having a Battlefield game being released every year. If this is true, then we could have a decline in quality and ingenuity among the forthcoming installments of the series.

Just went through a binge on Saints Row IV. Noot sure how they topped SRTT in the sheer 'HOLY ' factor, but they managed to. Pretty fun game.

Saints of Rage was the best mission, though. Completely outdid the Tron-esc level from SRTT.

hElbrZ6.gif

So, after all this time, I've made my decision in the realm of handhelds. I've decided on getting a 3DS, for three reasons: Pokemon, Shin Megami Tensei IV and Persona Q, whenever it comes out. As for the third in that list, is there an estimated North American release date yet?

Morally unambiguous.

in terms of 'stuff to do on a handheld' vita still has more to offer than the 3ds just because it has browser support, movie apps, and can emulate older handhelds including the GBA and PSP, and will get playstation now at some point. the 3ds has a much larger (better?????) library of actual games, though.

The biggest reason not to get a Vita now would probably be the current state of the system, as Sony seems like they're pretty much just pushing it as a PS4 accessory and not as an individual console. Sure, it has plenty of really good games, but a future filled with indie games and remote play just doesn't sound good at all. Remote Play works okay, but after I kept on dying in Watch Dogs because the Touchpad wasn't responding properly or the game lagged for a few seconds, I just switched back to the TV, and I expect those problems to be worse with PSNow.

I'm just hoping that the Vita continues to do well in Japan, as I wouldn't mind it being a dedicated JRPG system, but the lack of games from western devs that's been there since the beginning is probably just going to get worse from Sony pretty much dropping support for new first-party games.

the 3ds has a much larger and generally better better library (save for a few games) of actual games, though.

ftfy

mate go give that to your english teacher and ask how well you fixed it

i dont even know if you're correcting grammar or being militant

the 3ds has a much larger and generally better better library (save for a few games) of actual games, though.

ftfy

mate go give that to your english teacher and ask how well you fixed it

i dont even know if you're correcting grammar or being militant

i'm not fixing grammar

i was making more of a joke.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I've been enjoying myself on these Steam sales. I picked up the entire Bioshock series for around $10, though I've yet to play them XD

Just gotta watch my wallet. I need to keep enough money around to get both versions of SSB4 on their launch dates.

I've also really been enjoying Sonic 06 lately. Probably the most fun I've had with a game in the past year. It is unbelievable how bad it is. By far the worst game I've ever played, and I own Superman 64!

i dont get that, why do you play a game you think is bad?

Because it's amazing. I have never seen a game so bad. I talk to someone in the town, and it stops for a solid minute to load. When the loading finishes, there is one text box. After I read it, it stops and loads again. It loads a 30 second bit of gameplay, then stops and loads again before displaying the congratulations or failure screen. Then it stops and loads again before I return to the hub.

I have never seen a game so broken. EVERYTHING about the game is horrible. It's got worse-than-Wii graphics, and a framerate that runs at nearly 10 frames a second at some points. The controls feel like a very very VERY early demo game. The levels are half automated. You can literally beat some of Shadow's levels without hitting a single button. You can stop on the giant stone loops, and just hang from the ceiling. You can stand on boxes, and keep kicking, to fly up into the sky, until the level fades away, and, eventually, the skybox is even far below you.

EVERYTHING about this game is just terrible. Take a look at this:

But even this video leaves out many great things about this game. Tail's will constantly kill himself while controlled by the AI. A guard tells you he cannot open the gate unless you talk to the captain first, and says that you need to find the captain. He then tells you that there are 5 guards in town. One may be the captain, but two of them will lie to you, and you have to figure out who the captain is. You then speak to the guy who sent you on this quest, and he apologizes for lying, because he really was the captain all along.

But the best part is the story. It's a convoluted time travel story that was supposed to work as the "dark and gritty" reboot of the Sonic franchise, hence the game's title only being "Sonic the Hedgehog". It's a mess with horrible dialogue and stupid ideas, mostly relating to a romance between Sonic and the human princess, Elise. This game's story even

has a scene where Sonic is killed ON SCREEN in order to revive THE DEVIL.

And this is a Sonic the Hedgehog game!

The thing that hurts the most is how much potential this game had. Watch the opening cutscene. Yes, it doesn't look anything like Sonic the Hedgehog, but it looks epic. Unfortunately, it's also the last part of the game that I can believe any company would leave in finished game. Watch how, almost instantly after the cutscene, the game goes downhill.

If you have interest to learn any more about the game, there's a guy on YouTube named Clement who managed to make a 3.5 hour review of the game, in which he tore it to shreds. 3.5 hours worth of complaints about this game.