Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

"We need to get out of the house!" Daken Akihiro exclaimed to his team the following morning, when he put his hands on the back of the leather couch opposite pool table and vaulted over it into Nate's lap. Nate and Angela had already woken up and gotten ready - well, at least, Nate had. Akihiro wasn't quite sure if Angela had even budged from the pinball machine last night. The empty bowl where snacks had once been said that she had to have, at least once, but her position was slouched not a degree further to the right than it had been when Daken and Asa had left the other half of the team last night.

"If you're sick of me beating your pinball scores, just say so," she snarked. "There's no shame in losing. Not much, anyway."

"I lied. You suck at pinball. Where are we going?"
Nate just rolled his eyes and tossed his Better Homes and Gardens to the side. "I second that. Both the pinball comment and the question."

Daken smirked and picked up the marksman's magazine, flipping through the pages and making his way back to the one that was most recently creased. "And tell me, Nate, how is your community flowerbed initiative going for you?" he asked, all smiles, as he rolled up the magazine one-handedly and tapped Hawkins' cheek with it. When he chucked it away, the sound stirred Asa, who took her sweet time getting dressed and made up. Wordlessly, without so much as a wave, she walked over to the occupied couch and fell back against Daken, kicking up her legs. Nate, now supporting the weight of two people, made a strained "MMPHF" sound under his breath. Angela laughed.

"We have a new team member. She just doesn't know it yet," Daken told the team, fixing a damp tangle of Ripple's crimson hair with his teeth. "The man who signs our paychecks set up a burglary in the heartland. Went south, just like he planned. She'll be ripe for the pickup."

"How far in the heartland?"

"Kansas."

A hush fell over the group. "What's the matter: scared of some cornstalks?"

-Tyler

IC: (Ripple)

"Have you seen Children of the Corn?" Asa smirked, unable to keep a straight face as she tried to act terrified. fidgeting a bit, mostly to elicit another grunt out of Nate as he laid underneath the weight of two people. She smiled. "Soooo...what are waiting for then?

• Upvote 1

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: Marauder

David looked a bit, awe struck that Jennifer was blushing to someone that was almost created in lab. But that really didn't bother him, but what did was that Jennifer may be a mutant.

"I'm ex-special forces , and current SHIELD stealth ops agent codenamed, Marauder. It'll be nice if we could know more about your capabilities so we know what to expect from our new 'partners' in government enforcement."

He didn't mind the man being there, but since they just came and so little is known about them, he was a little un-easy. He just didn't show it through his voice, or his body language.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

"Have you seen Children of the Corn?" Asa smirked, unable to keep a straight face as she tried to act terrified. fidgeting a bit, mostly to elicit another grunt out of Nate as he laid underneath the weight of two people. She smiled. "Soooo...what are waiting for then?

IC

"I'm waiting to die. Because, you know, I've always planned on going to after I've kicked the bucket."

IC

"I'm waiting to die. Because, you know, I've always planned on going to ###### after I've kicked the bucket."

IC:

"Alright, alright, I get it. You're all scared of farmers. Perfectly natural." Daken Akihiro lifted Ripple up into the air with one crooked arm, like she was a rolled up carpet he was carrying across the playroom, and then set her on her feet as he stood. Nate let out a long, shaky breath behind him; the archer was pressed into the sofa, and his body had left a huge dent of an imprint in the leather. He smiled at Angela good-naturedly. "You're all coming anyway. Time you started earning your paychecks."

"I haven't seen a paycheck yet."

"You haven't earned a paycheck yet," Akihiro corrected with a little whistle, plucking the hoodie he stole from SHIELD off a chair and slipping it on as he paced for the door. "If you want a ride to the airport, don't lag behind!"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"You know, quite a few of the Amish nowadays own iPhones and games and stuff that the average person might be expected to have...Your parents must be behind the times if they don't own their own phone, even for them." Morrison stopped for a moment, thinking.

"Although, that also depends on the specific community, as well."

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:

Dallas had almost forgotten Nicole had kidnapped him; it was less of a testament to how scatterbrained he was, but moreso because he'd had a bottle beaten repeatedly against his head. He could still feel his face swelling when he made an expression. "Oh. Right. That whole shenanigans."

-Tyler

Edited by Aegon Targaryen

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND