Marvel, Rebirth:

IC: Shiloh

"Hey, I'm gonna make sure you make it there too. If I end up with just my brother to talk to, plus all the furniture. I'll go crazy."

IC: Ashley

"It's alright guys...we will figure this out." Ashley started to push random buttons.

Edited by Yoko Littner

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Siegfried's response was nowhere near so eloquent, and his gaping mouthed goldfish impression as he attempted to connect what he was seeing with facts he thought he knew had to be worth some serious number of pictures.

A few more moments of opening and shutting his mouth later, Siegfried finally managed to sputter out "J-James?!"

---

"Should... Should I be worried about the turn events seem to be taking?" Nero asked cautiously.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC: "I can do technology. I can do technology very well. I suppose I could try somewhere like Apple. See if they'll let me patent the iArm."

Alec held that arm out, letting the pieces break down and swirl round in various shapes and half-formed implements, each one providing shattered fragments of his own reflection, before they whirled back into a hand, showing a whole Alec once again.

"I suppose thats talking about my mutation again though. I thinks thats the problem with going to a school for mutants, you end up letting that be the thing that defines you. Also very little sex-ed. I am constantly surprised we only have the one teen mum in the building. I guess if I were to talk about myself, what I'd want to do is...something good? Can that be a right answer? I mean the three swimming pools would be nice but not if they'd been paid for by, I dunno, human trafficking or something. It's not like I'm afraid of hard work or anything, and just expect the good life to drop into my lap, but I don't want to do anything unduly evil."

He'd seen too much prejudice, too much of big men and their even bigger killer robot death machines stepping on those beneath them to want any part of it. One of the benefits of going to a school for mutants.

IC: With Kristen both awake and distracted by Lynae, Song saw it as the perfect time to withdraw. Her presence retreated from the girl's mind, back to the telepath's body down in the Club Mansion's cellars. She'd keep an eye on things, and an ear out for any gushing Lynae might do about her new toy, see if the modifications had been well received and needed any further upgrades

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: "Well, between the blue flying people that look awfully reminiscent of our school's headmaster when he's in full blown crazy horseman of the apocalypse mode, and the sudden complete lack of autopilot in conjunction with the similar complete lack of people who have any idea of how to fly a plane, I just feel like it may be a good idea to be a bit more worried, yeah?" Nero replied, with only the barest hint of hysteria in the back of his voice.

---

"Buh... J-James?!" Siegfried repeated, brain refusing to move past that.

Edited by .:The Abysswalker:.

IC:

"Well, I mean, technically I could kinda just slow everything down. We can get the plane over the water and let it touch down nice and smooth on the Hudson--YEAH! 142 in Flappy Bird!"

Dallas looked up and around, blinked, and then chucked his phone under the console. "Right. Yeah. Sorry. Been working on that for a while."

-Tyler

Edited by Aegon Targaryen

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"In the ectoplasm." The supersoldier quipped, grin widening a hair, though his heart still wasn't really in it. Glancing from the stammering Asgardian to Erin, he shrugged.. "Guess you'll have to be excluded when the gang gets together again."

"And really, you can't expect the SHIELD higher-ups to be able to respond easily. They've been having to contend with just about everyone on Earth today."

"Well, Ms. Khan, you're already doing better than half the fools who walk into my office." The president responded, leaning back in his chair. He was notably different from Borte in appearance and demeanor, and that was only where the contrasts began. Where she and her entourage were professionally dressed and presented themselves in a very formal manner, Jameson had long since hung his suit coat over the back of his chair, and carried a much more informal air.

And yet, to a well-trained eye, it was clear that the man ran a tight ship. Not a single paper was out of place, and the secretaries and assorted bureaucrats outside of his office had been working quickly and efficiently, more so than even some of the most formal businesses. Jamson's office itself was laid out for practicality, and there wasn't a single item out of place. Despite his informalities and distaste for the politics of government, Jameson was very, very good at making things run smoothly.

"What can I do for you today?"

"Oh, relax, Aella. I was kidding."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Borte, Saphine)

Borte’s eyes had roamed over the office even as she had dipped into the bow, taking note of everything, even the most insignificant detail. Fools would think this man was a mere civilian, not suited for the duties of the office if they looked upon this office. Borte Khan was no fool. She knew a practical mindset, a disciplined mindset, when she saw it. Her estimation of the man increased exponentially. The Mongolian drew herself up at his words. “I will not mince words with you Mr. President. I believe we can help each other. You know, of course, what the HYDRA attacks have done to my fiscal quarter.” Or the lack thereof, more accurately, she’d lost many facilities in those attacks. Rebuilding them and compensating the families, had put her company into the red for the first time in years.

“I also know that these…Archangels….were likely very expensive. What would you say to me, Mr. President, if I could provide you with a functionally immortal, extrahuman…” Borte Khan paused for a moment, she disliked the implication of the word ‘superhuman’ and she found extrahuman got the message across in a plainer fashion. “And perhaps, most importantly, relatively easy to produce force of soldiers? They may not win the war with HYDRA but I am certain they could provide some security if the worst should happen. You know as well as I how often saviors can become villains.” The unspoken reference to actions of the Enforcers and MACE was plain to see.
Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Siegfried stepped forward, and with a suspicious expression on his face, tentatively raised a hand, index finger extended with clear intent to poke James and test his realness. Siegfried's expression quickly changed, and he abandoned the poking idea for a rather sweeping hug.

It was not the most comfortable hug, to be sure because of the very metal suit, but it was a hug Siegfried deemed necessary. After letting the supersoldier go, Siegfried grinned rather shamelessly at James. "It is good to that reports of your demise were grossly exaggerated."

IC:

"Aren't Sieg's post-survival hugs the greatest, Rogers? Did I not tell you they were the greatest?"

Brando stepped out of his Lexus and peeled his sunglasses off, beaming at the already assembled Avengers and dropping his Aviators into his jacket pocket. Natalie had fancied herself clever, but Barton had gunned right past her in traffic and given her a cursory salute before peeling off to James' location, Tasha in tow. He wasn't particularly surprised, but there was the baby to consider, so he'd given a quick call over to Clint's grandmother and she was watching the child for the day. He considered pulling Nat aside and talking to her about it, but the good that would do was slim at best. In the meantime, his friends were here. Some of them.

There was no Ares Strange, slightly awkward and disheveled, grey haired and grey eyed. Noel, the former calendar model, all freckles and smiles, was gone. None of Howard's puns cut through the air. The Avengers had been halved, in the space of weeks. This was all that remained, true, but something had remained. For now, that was enough.

"Sieg," he greeted warmly, holding out his hand to the closest Avenger. "Good to see you again, brother. You got some color to you now?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Initially, when the hug began, James' reaction could best be likened to a surprised, and mildly uncomfortable, noise. The hug itself would normally be fine, although those without super soldier serum in their veins might disagree, but coupled with the metal suit, it became distinctly more uncomfortable indeed. Though he wasn't quite sure, he almost thought he could hear Jarvis sigh in his earpiece.

"Hey, Sieg. I'm still mad that there were reports of my demise. I mean really, a corpse is a corpse, and regardless of how close, I have not yet been a corpse."

The supersoldier clapped the Asgardian on the back, taking a step back as his more natural grin slowly returned to his face. It wasn't a grin easy in coming. For every friend present, there was one who stood in absence. And not for the first time, he stood with his team on a desolate New York street. Ares, Noel, Howard... All of them hadn't made it through. Mere months after their renewal, the Avengers had been forced to hold funerals for half of their number. Once more, the world had grieved for a Stark, a Rogers, a Strange. And yet, they'd left behind their legacy, one that James would not forget. Though they departed all too quickly, they'd left behind their deeds, their memories, and a few tools for the teammates they could no longer help.

Brando and Erin, all that was left of the original team. Sieg, the last surviving member from before New York. They were still alive, and they were still here. That was what he needed to focus on; that was what mattered.

"Sieg, I saw you and Erin's little game of baseball during New York. Nice batting there." He commented with a grin, eyes panning over towards the Lexus, eyebrow raising slightly.

"So Brando, I take it the old haunt is open for occupation again?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Ashley

"Somehow I don't think that's a good idea...I mean I could explain that we're flying through New York City looking for a winged, flying wolf but..." Ashley pushed a big red button that read 'ALEX' on it.

Autopilot engaged! Rerouting to Institute....

"So that's what that does."

IC: Tasha

Tasha kept herself silent and out of the way as she watched what was left of the Avengers reunite. Clearly they hadn't seen each other in a while. Given what had happened in recent past that was understandable.

Of course, this just made Tasha feel awkward and out of place. Everyone here had fought through heII and back together, they'd had good times as well as some bad ones. They were all bonded as friends and comrades, fighting the good fight.

But Tasha, what was she? The greenhorn who'd never been in actual combat? The half-sister of a fallen friend? Illegitimate daughter of two past icons? Tasha had only agreed to come after a bit of coaxing and talk about avenging her brother. But she was hardly convinced she had anything to really contribute to the team other than being the new kid. She didn't like the feeling of being 'new' at anything, she didn't have any control.

It was true she had some of her mother's abilities, at least in terms of athletes and strength, her mother had given her a few lessons in self-defense...right before the Phoenix got her...after that she'd taken every lesson in martial arts and hand-to-hand combat she could. Even practiced at the range every now and then.

Though over the years she'd become more and more consumed with keeping Stark Industries running smoothly while her brother played the super genius playboy hero. She'd practically given up on her combat training by then, well until Howard died. Now she was rusty, and despite all her practice and training she'd never had to actually fight someone outside of her training. No for real fights. What if she messed up?

She was just a girl trying to play heroine while everyone else was already there. Captain America's grandson spoke for himself, donning a final gift from her brother. One look at the Asgardian was enough. The mutant Erin had incredible power, plus he was a scientist to boot. Natalie was another half-alien with incredible powers. And of course there was Brando, despite not having any powers at all he was considered the best crack shot in all of SHIELD, and somehow he'd brought all these people back together.

Tasha couldn't compare to any of them, and most importantly she sucked at making friends. What if none of them liked her?

Edited by Yoko Littner

IC:

"You know, it'd be nice if the owner of the shiny Lexus could step out of the car." James commented after a moment, grinning. "I know you're in there."

"Brando could never afford one of those."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

The wind pulled at John's hood as he drove down the road silently. Only the loud hum of the motorcycle's engine could be audible. The headlight illuminated old leaves on the road as he sped past; watching as the wind picked them up and scattered them. Like how time had scattered the X-Men.

John's generation of X-Men didn't know how good they'd had it. Yes they'd been sent on dangerous missions, but a year ago things made sense. There was teenage drama, and parties and John's friends were still in his life. Now that Matt was gone there weren't many of them left. Dallas, but John wasn't sure where Dallas was. He felt bad for leaving Christine alone after Matt's death but he couldn't stay.

John decided he needed a place to stop and think. As he sped down the road he neared an old bar he'd used to stop at. They'd been notorious for not checking IDs. He stopped his bike at the side of the road as he gazed at where the bar had once stood. It been burned down by Kane Johnson when Weapon-X had came for John. They'd sent Kane, Jeremy Wanger, and Julia's crazy brother Jaws.

Whatever happened to Jaws anyway? Guess he bit it at Weapon-X. John thought as he stared at the remains of the bar. A small bar fight had broken out before Weapon-X had showed up. Back then John loved fights. But now the thought of one didn't appeal to him at all. His body was still recovering, and he had no urge to fight. I could use a beer though... John thought.

He kicked his bike back into gear and sped away from the bar. He'd been taken by Weapon-X right under Dallas' nose. That's when he'd become really unstable, what Weapon-X had done to him. Wiping away his memories and installing fake ones. Making him kill innocent people. John continued speeding down the road, looking for an exit that would have a small quaint bar where he could ten to his thoughts. He wasn't in a hurry to get back to Daken.

IC: Tasha

She'd been careless! She knew coming in her brother's old Lexus had been a mistake!

Having been discovered, Tasha slowly stepped out of the car, she'd changed out of her business suit earlier and had opted for something more casual and fit for this line of work, though she still looked rather orderly and professional.

Trying to keep her passive and professional demeanor she greeted James. "....Hi." It didn't come out quite the way she'd pictured herself saying it.

Edited by Yoko Littner

IC:

"Hey."

James said cheerfully, raising a hand in greeting. If he was surprised by her identity, he didn't show it. In fact, he almost seemed to have expected it. And truthfully, that was because he had. Where Brando had gone, and the price of the car he'd returned in, there were only a few possibilities as to who might have owned it. Though there were other reasons for that expectation as well.

"No need to be shy, Ms. Stark. We don't bite. Well, Erin does if you make him too mad, but that's a family thing."

Almost immediately, Jameson's demeanor changed. He sat up straighter, and the tired light vanished from his eyes. In the span of an instant, he'd gone from a weary old man to a sharp, precise state that would not have been out of place with a four star general. As Borte had already noted, it was easy, and all too common by his detractors, to dismiss J. Jonah Jameson as an informal lout of a man, more suited to the retirement home than the Oval Office. But what they failed to consider was simple; That that was what he wanted them to believe. Jameson was an honest man, but age had robbed him of his former vitality. He was no longer so loud, or boisterous as he once was, and it was easy to forget who he used to be.

As was an all too common mistake.

"I would ask how you proposed to do this, and exactly what you would create." The tone in his voice was still friendly, but there was an underlying hardness to it; In that instant, it was clear to see the younger Jameson who had been mayor of New York during its turbulent years, and a reporter even before that.

"Because there are few still alive today who remember as well as I that just as what is intended to be a hero might well be a villain, I'm also well acquainted with the dangers of attempting to create safeguards against that fact. It takes a very special kind of person to be given power and do right, and it is all too easy to give that power to someone who will not."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

In his dreams, he was bright, burning, and more beautiful than ever. When Ric woke up, the slightest sound could drive him into a low groan, he'd slept in all his clothes, and he felt like he had chisels fashioning away at his skull and temples. Hardly the model of Phoenixian perfection his subconscious would show him late at night, between beers and bourbon and the breaking of dawn, but it was all part of the gambit. Lynae, Romulus...even Anberlyn... they thought him well-meaning and clever, but troubled, conflicted, waffling. Maybe even a bit of a drunkard. All part of the gambit.

Coconut water. He needed coconut water.

Some people used water for a hangover cure, or extra sleep. Some souls drank Gatorade by the gallon, hoping for electrolytes, which would be smarter if Gatorade didn't have but two electrolytes it could effectively replenish in the human body. Alaric had learned, quite a long time ago, that coconut water replenished five, and that enough quantities could drive away a hangover in an hour and a half, with some help from his X-Gene. Lacey kept store of his supply - fridges of the stuff - at all times. Eight bottles had been laid out on his coffee table, and as quietly as he could he reached out, popped the cap off the first one, and downed it in three gulps. His breath built up in his chest and when he felt like he may drown he sat up partially and chucked the bottle into a recycle bin before grabbing the second. His body couldn't hold an entire gallon of the stuff, but when he finished his fourth or fifth - no, wait, his sixth - he felt well enough to stand and walk across his quarters to a shower.

Better than well, actually - he felt good.

Alaric stopped in front of the mirror, crossed his arms, and pulled off his shirt. When he did, he caught his own reflection and grinned; his ring glinted orange in the light, but it looked deeper than normal, and his eyes were sharper - more vigilant - than he remembered them being the night previous. His grin sharpened.

If he got business out of the way early, maybe he'd half the rest of the day to play.

When he stepped out of the shower and got himself dressed, the first thing he did was press a button on his phone and say, "Call my sister."

The rest of the bottles (or, at least, the coconut water) went unnoticed until Annie arrived. Ric felt good.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Borte, Saphine)

Borte smiled mirthlessly. “That, Mr President, is why I came to you and not the military or SHIELD. You know the risks inherent to such a venture. I want my investment to bear fruit, not cost me my company.” Borte gestured at Saphine, still sporting her shades. “Saphine, if you would.” The vampire hesitated, clearly considering bounding for the door and just taking out a contract with someone far away from this particular office. “It’s in your contract. Your severance pay depends on it.” The smile never left the Mongolians face.

Saphine sighed and pulled down her shades, revealing golden eyes that wouldn’t be out of place on a snake. Aside from a twitch of the lip, her face was blank. “My bodyguard, Mr. President. It is easy to mistake her for a mutant is it not? She is not. She used to work for MACE in fact. You might recall Operation Damocles? The MACE mission in the Middle East that ended with a near-total loss of the unit in question? She is a survivor. One of three. “

The Mongolian paused for a moment, allowing the president to take in the sight. “Because of what happened there, she is also a vampire, one of a certain subspecies, very fast, very agile, quite durable. I admire your caution Mr. President, I understand that this information may disturb you.” She half-expected he’d know about vampires already in all honesty. “If you will hear me out however…"

Borte took a breath and continued. “Her strain is spread by a certain type of venom, more of a virus really. Quite unique in nature in that regard…..it rebuilds the body from the ground up, transforming it into something more. There is no change in personality brought about by these biological changes however. The only remarkable change to general nature is that when one gets hungry….it is not food they wish to consume.”

Borte leaned forwards slightly, looking at Jameson intently. “You understand the implications. This virus could be used to enhance any one individual while changing almost nothing about their basic mental nature. It is also easy to control, to contain. It needs to be spread by the venom, the virus, whatever you wish to call it. This virus is not airborn, it cannot spread by water, by a cough or anything of that nature. It requires specific action on the part of the vampire. What say you, Mr. President?"

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Siegfried grinned at James' mention of one of the painfully few rather amusing memories of the Battle of New York, then grasped Brando's hand, gladly returning the handshake. "The sun in Puerto Rico treated me well. At least, eventually..."

After Tasha's introduction, Siegfried smiled warmly. "A pleasure to meet you, Ms. Stark. Siegfried Thorson" He replied with a small greeting wave."

Edited by .:The Abysswalker:.

IC: "James Rogers."

A female voice came from behind Brando, Natalie standing with her hands on her hips.

"Nice to have you back. I should slap you for what you did to Alyssa, but... I have a feeling she already did."

Natalie grinned and turned to Tasha. "I'm Natalie Hart. Nice to meet you."

OOC: I apologize for incrediboo low levels of activity today, my internet has been shut off. I'll be back tomorrow with a Betsy post, I just don't have time to do her justice right now. Thanks!

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

For the first time, even including during Siegfried's hug, James noticeably winced, looking over at Natalis sheepishly. She not only had a point, she was right; he could almost feel his cheek stinging from Alyssa's expression of anger.

"You'd be right, Natalie. She beat you to it. And she hits harder than I remember."

Glancing back at Natasha, he shrugged, again almost sheepish. "Long story, Ms. Stark, one I'm sure you'll be hearing me raked over the coals for for quite some time to come, even though," At this he raised his voice slightly, as if making an announcement to the world at large. "It wasn't my fault, and I spent most of that time unconscious."

"Anyway. Pleased to meet you, Ms. Stark. While I'm sure you probably had to listen to Brando introduce me on the way over, and for that I'm truly sorry, I'll introduce myself nonetheless. I'm James Rogers."

Jameson was silent.

Normally, the man's face was constantly in motion, be it the smile he usually bore, or the scowl that had all too often occupied his face during the days of the Daily Bugle. Now, however, it was impassive, his mouth a grim line set into a face of granite. He had listened attentively during Borte's presentation, though his eyes had narrowed almost imperceptibly during Saphine's reaction, and now he regarded them both in uncharacteristic silence.

His reaction was complex to say the least. The ramifications of the proposal were many and significant, both moral and practical, to say the least of what the public reaction would be if word were to get out. Neither secrets nor the supernatural sat well with the New York born president, though he was acquainted with both. One didn't live in that city as long as he had without coming face to face with some kind of bogeyman at least once. Practically speaking, the idea was sound; A vampire of this variety would have no psychological effects, while still gaining increased physical attributes. Judging by Saphine's presence, they also would not suffer from the inability to venture out in the sunlight.

But what about morally? Even if they were volunteers, he would be approving the use of a virus to make them into vampires solely to increase their effectiveness. But then, isn't that what he had already done with the Archangels? Had he not allowed them to harness the very powers of Death for that same purpose?

What made one more moral than they other?

"...."

"I will need to think about this." He said finally, his voice quiet. Not for the first time that day, the president felt his age. Gravity seemed heavier, his muscles weaker, and his conscience very, very heavy indeed. "As I am sure you can understand, this is a proposal that requires a significant amount of careful thought."

A pause.

"Nevertheless, I would like to hear an honest opinion... From your bodyguard." Addressing Saphine directly, he clasped his hands on his desk. "I'm sorry, I don't know your name, miss. I would like, if you're willing, to hear what you think of this."

"Aella, your face is red." Tera commented, trying to hold back the amusement from her voice. "Very much so. You don't need to be embarrassed."

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg