BZPRPG - Kentoku Archipelago

Nuju Metru

IC:

At the mention of 'personal servants', Seigyo turned her head to watch her master Kulrik more closely. She was in a similar getup to her master, albeit more suited to her body rather than Kulrik's.

Did she like her master talking to strangers whilst she hanged back? No. But Kulrik did want to interact with others unhindered.

Seigyo wished she had something to do.

OOC: Seigyo, open to interact.

IC Seiryu (third person)

"Might I be so bold to inquire why thou art skulking along the edges of this gathering?" Seiryu had noticed Seigyo hanging back near where he was attending to his papers, doing absolutely nothing, and voiced his curiosity. "Unlike mine own self, thou posseseth no obvious reason to withdraw from the gathering. Unless thou dost possess a purpose that I have not yet heard of?"

Seiryu's train of thought quickly left that topic and turned to another one, as he spotted three Dasaka drinking something that appeared quite potent. "Behold those three," he said, mostly to himself but loud enough for Seigyo to hear. "Art they unaware of the consequences of ingesting such veritable volumes of alcohol? The slow, insidious, dulling of the mind and the inflaming of the passions? " Shaking his head, he listened in to their conversation. "A drinking game? What a foolish enterprise. 'Tis a disgrace... "

Edited by Last Son Amakusa

IC:

Kulrik gulped down some more of the tasty drink.

They're on to me, the First Son thought, not that it isn't very hard to figure me out. After all, who else in the Empire could afford, let alone find, the hide of an animal as exquisite as a Ransu other than a native of Oki? That still left a few names on the list of potential identity Kulrik might be, as there were a number of clans that called Oki home.

Kulrik refileld his glass, thinking as he watched the liquid amber reach the brim. Perhaps one or two more questions, and then a different game. The night was young and there was an ocean of fun to be had.

"I've never worn a silly hat. Or fallen from a ship's rigging."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Vilda Mako (Dragon Hall)

"Well... my mother has decreed that there will be a new, larger expedition to Mata Nui and wants me to go and represent her. We—Inokio and I—think you would be an excellent member of my honour guard."

Oh really now?

I finished up my own glass lightning-quick to at least have one hand free to gesture wildly with as I stacked up a list of reasons I'd presumably need to have if Yumi challenged me on my question.

Lessee, I know plenty about being a bodyguard, I could be a consultant. Yeah, that could maybe work.

Kama would come along.

I know better than to assume I'm Zuto Nui's gift to... anyone, really, I just had a job to do (Looking at you Kulrik).

I can still scrap with the best of 'em, if I do say so myself

I've got some familiarity with traditional Vilda practices, I'm great with animals for one. Exploring a new Biosphere would need some practiced hands.

Alright, here goes

"I'd love to go to Mata Nui, Chojo"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"I'd love to go to Mata Nui, Chojo"

Ic: "Would you, now?" I asked, rather incredulous. Despite his cute bird and our run in at Soraya's shop I don't know Mako. Nobody has vouched for him or anything. The datsue seemed to be a good man at Soraya's—did my senses fool me? is Mako really just another one of the aforementioned buttwipers looking to nourish their pride with the crumbs from my table? The thought disgusted me.

But I'm not an unfair woman, and a proof of absence is not an absence of proof. I would give Mako a shot, so I tipped my head down and shot him an unconvinced look. "Why?"

IC Seiryu

"This is my natural mode of speech," Seiryu replied. "My mother-may Zuto Nui forgive her sins-insisted on the use of the archaic forms. E'en in the most casual of situations, she would speak as if she were reciting from the classics." Seiryu briefly turned his eyes back to his work before looking at Seigyo again. "As for my father, he knew naught of the common tongue except the bare minimum needed for survival as well as what he had learned from the books of lore. It was either this or Vulgar Taa, and I chose the language that the common folk could at least hope to decipher."

"And yes, thou art correct. This is a party. What of it? What dost thou imply with that most vague statement?"

IC: Soraya [soraya's practice, pre-party]

"Simple, huh?" She took one last look over the Dasaka - a scar or two jumped out at her - and stepped back. "We'll go for the dress, then. Serving up training-yard elegance is doable, but anything but simple. 'Sides, who knows when you might need a decent dress on hand?" She turned, scribbled the measurements down, and then handed them off to one of her coworkers before turning back to Nihi.

"Any questions or worries?"

OOC: Don't worry GSR, no need to split your character in space-time, anymore. :P

IC: pre-party:

Questions or worries? Nihi had plenty, but very few of them pertained to the dress she'd just bought. Fortunately, a logistical inquiry came to her mind. "Just one, ma'am," Nihi posited. "When should I return to pick up the dress?"

"The evening of the party," Soraya replied. "And later rather than earlier... I've gotten so many orders for this party, I can't say for sure that yours will be ready any sooner than the moment the event starts. You'll have to - er, no, you'll be able to - arrive fashionably late, emphasis on the 'fashionably.'" Soraya smiled a bit at her own joke; she welcomed any release of her day's tension.

The concept of arriving late to an important appointment was a bizarre one to Nihi, but she could only tell herself, when it wealth, do as the wealthy do. The business of tailoring done, Nihi extended her arm, presenting Soraya with the bag of dragons once more. Soraya took it, but looked inquisitively at Nihi again. "The dress I'm making you won't be worth this much... There aren't many outfits that could possibly be worth this much."

"That doesn't matter," Nihi said. "This is the money I was given for clothes, and I can't keep any of it."

"In that case," Soraya suggested. "I could always make you more garments. This many dragons could really fill someone's wardrobe... Not with more dresses as fancy as the one you're already getting, of course, but with other things."

"I don't need more dresses," Nihi replied, shaking her head. But in mid-shake, her eye was caught by something draped over a wooden dress form in a far corner of the room; a half-finished outfit, made of a cerulean fabric that was either turquoise or blue depending on the angle that the light struck it. Something about the cloth was arresting; at once, Nihi knew what she wanted to do. "Could you make me a scarf out of... that stuff?" she asked Soraya, pointing at the cloth. "I just want the dress, and a scarf. The rest of the money can return to the Chojo's credit; I'm sure she'll use it again soon."

"If that's what you want, that's easy to do," Soraya shrugged. "The scarf won't be ready at the same time as the dress; is that a problem?"

"No," Nihi answered. "The person who's getting it isn't going anywhere."

test2.png

IC Seiryu

"Again, I am most aware that the consumption of alcohol at social gatherings is common. I am simply saying that it is not wise to ingest mind altering substances into thy body in such egregious amounts. Like the gathering of individuals in that corner," he pointed at Kulrik, Ayiwah, and Tazera (he couldn't discern their appearance, but he did remember the announcer boomig their names), "Who possess the audacity to not only ingest such a strong brew as if it were water, but to make leisure of it! Fie, such asinine behavior 'tis!"

Yumiwa keeps surprising me, for some reason. This is a very simple and yet extremely important question, props to her for realizing that.

"I have three reasons, as a matter of fact" I said, as I removed my hood.

"One: Going there means new challenges, new ways to learn and new things to adapt to. I may be old, but I fancy I've still got room for learning a few things"

Power

"Two: To my understanding the island is rather primitive, I wouldn't mind seeing if there's need to impart the discipline I got while growing up. Or just be an example."

Order

"Three: The whole thing just screams of adventure in every direction, and I've been looking a lot for that since I retired, find something to fill the days with, and more importantly to find something to do of merit. Actually accomplishing a thing or two here and there. And I used to be a bodyguard, would be nice to have somewhere to apply my skills again, weathered though they may be"

Honor

Kama gave a chirp to punctuate the parry, for once her and I were 100% agreed.

Edited by Gyro Gearloose

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Relisai had been keeping an eye on both her niece and the elderly Vilda that accompanied her the moment their arrival had been anounced to the Hall. Soraph was off near the center of the room, moving around talking to a number of different Dasaka none of whom interested her, but Mako was nearby. He'd come to a table full of drinks, and had quickly found himself in a conversation with one pretty Umbraline. Now Relisai saw a third Dasaka had joined the duo, one who's costume bore a great resemblance to the Kanohi Dragons. Another Umbraline, and a rich one at that, thought Relisai.

It was time the Toroshu said hello to her clansmen.

She approached the group during a short pause in the conversation, and made her presence known.

"Mako, what a surpise to see you here. I didn't know they let dogs in here" the Toroshu Vilda said with a smile. The Relisai had no reason to like the old Datsue; she had a gut feeling that Mako disliked her, and she hated people that disliked her. As a result she had sold him off to guard women of other clans, away from Oki. Now that he was here with Soraph, a real traitor, Relisai's hated burned stronger. But it was a party where even the cruelest niceties had to be disguised as pleasant jokes.

Relisai realized the second Umbraline was none other than the Chojo.

"You're highness" she uttered respectfully. "I'm sort, I didn't realize it was you standing there. Not that the your dragon is any less deserving of attention."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC:

Kulrik heard a loud smack come from the corner of the room. His eyes darted away from the Dragon and the Hawk - no, Ayiwah and Tzera he corrected himself - and saw Seigyo, her hand outstretched near a man's face that looked like it had abruptly changed angles.

:Is everything ok?: he asked Seigyo at the speed of thought.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC Seiryu

"I do not recall saying that he was drunk specifically. Behold, he does not appear to be drunk. I am merely stating the consensus of medical wisdom, passed down both through word of mouth and through written word: excessive alcohol consumption-over 14 grams of alcohol per volume per hour-is to be avoided."

"Okay. Unidentified member of the Herupa clan. She is a tad irate at the moment; potential for her anger to increase exponentially high. It would be wise to remove myself from this situation. Fie, the temper that lurks within so many of our hearts..." Seiryu began gathering up his things, chiding himself on his foolishness. Why had he even begun talking anyways? He needed to work, not be trading insults with other people.

IC(Moeru):

Suddenly, I hear the sound of a loud slap nearby, followed by shouting.

A fight. I want in.

As quick as my legs will carry me(and get me through the crowd), I make my way towards the sound.

:a::k::i:

Edited by The Nold

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

IC Seiryu

Seiryu sighed, out his papers in his bag, and rose from his seat to walk away. Those particularly observant might noticed that his anxiety was skyrocketing. "Does she quarrel?" Seiryu thought to himself. "Does she mean I'll? Does she intend to draw her and strike me down? Will I have to defend myself?"

Ic: I delicately caressed my chin in thought. If his words were to be believed Mako may have his uses but I still was a little leery. "There will also be a diplomatic and scholastic side of the expedition," I said. "Tell you what: Find two other people who can vouch for you and send them to me. If you pass muster, I'll put you on the team." I ended the offer by casually tossing back another long sip of my drink.

By the time I lowered my glass and regained my balance another Dasaka had joined the circle, this time a toroshu... (uhhhh uhhh I've got this) Relisai! Yeah, her words to Mako validated my guess. And man, what a ######.

"Your Highness!" she uttered respectfully after recognizing me. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was you standing there. Not that the your dragon is any less deserving of attention."

"Forgiven, Relisai. Really, what with all those feathers I'm surprised there aren't more of them fuzzying up your eyes, Big Bird," I quipped mercilessly and smirked.

Edited by Crown Princess Yumiwa

IC:

"I suggest the pair of you settle. This is a party; There's no need for conflict." A voice sounded just behind Seigyo and Seiryu, the speaker previously silent. Not that she would have been identifiable if she hadn't been; At this party in particular, Sinshi was an unknown variable. Not a high-class noble, nor a well known warrior, she was effectively anonymous amid the crowds.

"You're causing a ruckus."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

:Seigyo, I was asking if he was alright. I know you can more than take care of yourself.:

"There are only so many birds from which to collect the feathers from. Perhaps at your next grand party though I'll have found enough for your welcome suggestion and wear a feathered mask" Relisai with a gentle voice. She would not let her temper rise from the mild insult, not when it was coming from the Chojo herself.

It was so like the uppermost echelon of Kentoku society though, she thought. They can be as impetulant as they want for fear of nothing, but reply in kind and you'll bring nothing but dishonour to your clan. It was a good thing Relisai was an excellent Toroshu and lifetime of experience when it came to dealing with others with eyes watching.

"Were you just talking about an expedition to Mata-Nui? I think it would be such a great thing, the meeting of two cultures. And all the wildlife we can find there...New species at every corner! It would more than double the size of the Gardens, I'm sure. I must say, I'm a little jealous I would not be able to make such a journey, what with all the duties of my clan..."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC Seiryu

"Who is this now?" Seiryu thought to himself, turning to Sinshi. "Is she an ally, an enemy, or a bystander? Does she mean good or ill?" Seiryu was suspicious of the newcomer-he had been pushed into his "paranoia" mode, but nevertheless, he spoke in a friendly tone. "Thy advice is sound," he spoke, with a slight bow if apology. "I shall remove myself from this area." He walked towards the other end of the hall.

IC:

"Those were two things."

If there was one thing Ayiwah prided herself on, it was the amount of discipline she possessed. In fact, she had set the example for discipline on the Yukanna and she let the Menti in the yards that she was assigned to train at times know early on how much she valued it. To her, it had almost become second nature. To struggle with keeping an emotion contained was something she rarely experienced.

Even now, nothing showed through that she did not want to, but it had been a long time since she had to fight this hard to stifle a giggle.No sailor worth their salt fell from the rigging. It was dangerous and knowing how to safely navigate it was paramount. If Ayiwah had witnessed any of her crew simply slip and lose their footing they would find themselves stuck in the galley or on scrubbing duty before being dropped off back in the yards to go through training again. It was quite obvious that Kulrik didn't know the ropes but was trying hard to fathom out who she and her companion were. Neither her nor Tazera's mugs moved. She didn't need to ideatalk to know the Lieutenant was thinking the same thing: Did he really just say that?

As for silly hats...no headgear was part of the imperial naval uniform. The commodore could feel Tazera's amusement on the mental plane. :Quite bold for wearing what other nobles put...:

She stopped. Apparently the first son's Herupa bodyguard had gotten into an altercation with one of the other guests and was still making a scene. The commodore stood up from her seat. "Excuse me." she merely said, than took a few steps towards Seigyo. "You there, Herupa. Stand fast." she called out sternly, but just loud enough for those immediately present to hear.

"Have you forgotten that your actions reflect back on his honour as well?"

Edited by Smaug the Terrible

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

"Were you just talking about an expedition to Mata-Nui? I think it would be such a great thing, the meeting of two cultures. And all the wildlife we can find there...New species at every corner! It would more than double the size of the Gardens, I'm sure. I must say, I'm a little jealous I would not be able to make such a journey, what with all the duties of my clan..."

Ic: "Yes. Tell me—what stance did you take in the assembly of toroshu who decided whether to go to Mata Nui again or not?" I asked and held my gaze with rapt curiosity.

Edited by Crown Princess Yumiwa

"Mako, what a surpise to see you here. I didn't know they let dogs in here"

"Make that a dog that's made you quite wealthy, among other things," I shot back, "just ask the people you assigned me to"

I wasn't really in the mood to throw Relisai veiled jabs, so I settled for something that might help me with Yumiwa's challenge to me. Whether Relisai liked it or not, my contributions were not invalid in any sense of the word.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Sinshi was fully prepared to deliver her own commentary, the Herupa was not above her in station, after all, when another Menti joined the discussion. Though the Umbraline could not pinpoint her identity for certain, though her bearing and voice narrowed the possibilities down significantly, the quality of her attire pointed to a being of standing. Regardless of exact station, custom dictated her actions, if only as a precaution.

The Menti turned to face the Commodore, bowing politely.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC(Moeru):

Finally, I see four people talking about where the sound of the slap was.

Making my way to them, I ask, "I heard a slap. Whatever's going on here, I want in."

Despite realizing how strange that must sound, I decide to just let them point that out if they want to.

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

IC Seiryu

"..."

"..."

"What?"

If one could see past his mask, Seiryu's kanohi had shifted from nervousness to simple disbelief. "... The hitting has ceased. You will find no opportunities for physical conflict here; at least, I do so hope." Seiryu continued walking.

IC(Moeru):

Upon hearing that the fight is over, I allow my body to slip back into a relaxed stance.

Wait.

Why is everyone straightening up and bowing and such to the woman dressed as a dragon?

I look closer.

Oh, .

I mean, oh, .

"Commodore Ayiwah, I didn't recognize you," I say, bowing politely myself. "How are you doing?"

IC:

"Me? Why, I held that we should most certainly return. The benefits far outweigh the potential risk, especially if there are trained warriors aboard the next expedition" Relisai replied.

"And Mako, the Vilda are grateful for all your work just as we grateful for the work of all our males. Every single member of the Empire is vital to it's health, after all."

"Let's all calm down" Kulrik said, his voice becoming deeper and more assertive. There was an edge to it, caution against further escalation.

"There was a single smack and that is all. I don't care if it was justified or not,"

:Seigyo, I know it was if you felt the need to hit him:

"but it has happened and there's no changing that. Right now, there's no need for any further violence. You see, even the good sir has enough sense to just walk away. Let's all just return to what we were doing, shall we?" Kulrik turned his attention back to the Commodore. "You're absolultely right, that was two. It's only fair for you to go twice in a row now. And by the way, I find it hard to believe you've never fallen from the rigging, not even when you training. But like I've said, I've never sailed a ship. and I'm sure you know boats better than myself.

Kulrik sincerely hoped he'd diffused the situation. As much fun as a brawl might be, it could get him in trouble for ruining the Chojo's party.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

Ah, Relisai, you never disappoint. Can't be bothered to give anything but a generic Medal of Participation now can you? Fair enough, I'll take what I can get.

I met Yumiwa with a shrug that said "take it for what it's worth" as I listened in on the conversation.

"If Mata Nui's got anyone living there even half as nasty as the Chaotic Six some troops would indeed be prudent"

"Those spiny slackjaws", I muttered.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"First Son," The Umbraline Menti began, voice decidedly more icy than when she had spoken to Seigyo. "If you wish to say one thing, and speak another to your comrade, it would not be advisable to use the mental plane to do so. Ideatalk, in case you have forgotten in your advanced stages of training, is not a personal communication; It is heard by anyone who pays attention."

"If you wish to express a belief, express it. Do not hide behind a mask of false sentiment. If you believe your adviser justified, voice such." There were few things that Sinshi hated more than those who wore false masks, and Kulrik had made a grand blunder by doing so in her eyes.

OOC: To clarify what's said here; Ideatalk is a broadcast. Anyone can pick it up. I looked for an indication that Kulrik was using Willhammer, but didn't find one, and the symbols usually used for Ideatalk were used.

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Ayiwah was still focused on the bodyguard for the moment.

"Your devotion is commendable, but you let your emotions get the better of you and brought all this attention to yourself and your master. It reflects negatively both on you and on him." the commodore summed up the Herupa's mistake.

"Discipline is key; especially tonight. As you can see, you do not know who might be watching. Remember that."

Only then did she turn back to Kulrik. The other bystander had spoken first but this had to do with Kulrik's guard, so she addressed him first. "And I find it hard to believe you've never worn a silly hat. Initial training for sailors is conducted in the yards, not on an actual vessel and they are only assigned to crews once they can safely move about. In any case, I think it is time for a new game."

She turned to Moeru and formally bowed her head. She could not remember where they had last met right this moment, but she did recognize the voice. "I am not surprised, thanks to the occasion. I am doing well, thank you. And yourself?"

Edited by Smaug the Terrible

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png