BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Snrk.

"Yeah, jokes are my thing, quit nosin' in on it." he added with a playful elbow nudge.

"What'd he teach?" The Fa-Toa pressed, leaning in a little. "Specific style, or just 'here's how you punch without breaking your hand like a moron' ?"

Edited by Best Gungnir

helo frens

IC:

"Threatening you isn't half as fun as threatening the monkey." The troublemaker glanced at the Toa of Magnetism, stared a second, and shrugged. "How to punch. How to kick. Throw fire at people. Basic . Mom taught me a little element stuff, rest is trial and error."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: "Difference bein' I don't hero-worship her. She knows I'll always throw back." he proclaimed.

"I see." the martial artist-turned-peacekeeper said simply, reclining once more.

Probably wouldn't be worth a spar if it was just that.

Which went against what his instincts were telling him about the young Ta-Toa.

Sip.

Must be self-taught for everything else. Otherwise my intuition's busted hardcore.

Edited by Best Gungnir

helo frens

IC:

“Whatcha lookin’ at there, Magnet?” The will o’ wisp spun a little faster, as the youngest Sareta made a concentrated effort not to add ‘need a donut or something’ to the question. She glanced at Erzu and Redhot instead, raising an eyebrow.

“Did you break him again already?”

IC:

“Yeah, yeah, add another drink. Add the mug to my bill, too, I’m taking it with me.” The Toa of Plant-Life said, a little impatiently, as she slid the first mug back across the counter and took a bite from the kebob she’d purchased at the stall a block up the road. It turns out, as Skrihen was discovering, that spending an entire paycheck without buying anything large or permanent was trickier than she thought. She wasn’t sure if she could eat and drink her way through all of it.

She should have brought Plagia. Or even Alfon. That would have fixed the problem. She’d have drunken enough, and he’d have been distracted enough by every tourist trap from there to the Guard’s headquarters. Any of them, really. Would’ve been more entertaining too. Since she decided starting another fight would be pushing her luck, she had to behave.

Keeping on the straight and narrow when drunk and in a bad mood? Difficult. Though given that the chatter outside was about one Stannis Maru, she knew where to find a lecture if she needed one.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC (Leah):

His tone struck her like that of a stubborn child. Except he was not, and he should have known better. 

"Unity." she hissed through gritted teeth. "We are a team. And I will not allow you to undermine that by spiriting away our brothers because you think you know better."

They may have stood side by side in battle before, but the Toa of Air had not seen Leah angry like this yet.

"Is that clear?"

IC (Korero)

"Unity?" Korero replied with incredulity, clearly struggling to keep his voice low. "If you want to talk about Unity, maybe we should talk about our 'leader', a man who 'leads' by lying to us and forcing us to lie in turn! Or, why don't we talk about your boyfriend, who has decided he's striking out on his own, and that he needs a bunch of (and I quote) 'people who can't take a thing seriously in their lives' more than he needs us?!"

Reordin was one thing, but arguing with Leah was a whole different level. The Toa of Water was one of the team's greatest moderating influences and also one of the teammates with whom Korero had the most in common. But Reo had truly incensed the Toa of Air, and that was a fire that had far from burned itself out.

"Don't talk to me about Unity, Leah!" he growled. "I'm the one trying to pull this crumbling team back together!"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

Well, that's all I need.

There was no mistaking the voice. Unlike the man itself, it was practiced the way only salesmen, priests, and politicians were practiced; smooth, caring, and plausible. When this man preached, you would believe him, no matter how myopic or arrogant the words were. It was a voice that made Matoran weak in the knees and other Toa stop in respect. It had inspired Korero, soothed Leah, and sent Oreius's fists balling up. But through destiny or through luck, there was a time once when that voice was the most important in Reordin Maru's life. 

He hadn't heard it in over a year, and he turned to look at the man behind it. 

"The prodigal schmuck returns."

Stannis' posture was still unbent, and they were of a height; his eyes bored into the cold blues of the soldier, and not for the first time Reo found it maddening that they were so damnably gray, so hard to read. Sometimes he wondered whether even Stannis knew what he felt. Or whether there was some disconnect between heart and mind. But Reordin's mind was so taken aback by the stare, and the fact that for the first time he could read it like a book, that for a few seconds all thoughts of finding Skrihen shrank out of his head. Stannis is here.

The stallion. The team leader, through some force that the Toa of Ice would never understand. The man who had stopped Makuta while Reordin stood back and watched, never feeling more unnecessary in his life. This man was the epitome of all that Reordin Maru had ever rolled his eyes at or cursed loudly. Sometimes he'd done both to his face.

But Korero was furious at Stannis, too. And, petty as it was, for the moment that was all Reordin Maru needed to take two steps forward and embrace the Toa of Stone instead of punching him in the side of the head.

"Hey, brother."

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Alfon

"Geez, why's everyone in a funk today?" I muttered, quickly losing faith in this gathering. You'd think having the other Maru around would've been pretty cool and that we'd see some sick handshakes and brotherly embraces, but it was turning out to be more and more like your typical family reunion dinner. With the good vibes gone and things getting too real for me, sneaking out started sounding like a better idea by the second. 

God forbid I stick around for hurricane Koreah.

"Well guys, I'll be over at the docks if you need me, alright?" I said to no one in particular. When I didn't receive a reply, I nodded to myself, gave a small thumbs up, and walked out the door feeling confident that at least someone heard me. I mean, that's where we were all headed sooner or later, so it wouldn't really be a big deal if no one noticed me leaving. Mind you, it'd hurt my feelings but again, not really a big deal.

Anyways, what is important is that I got out alive, and that I had a lot of free time to kill by myself before the party boat was ready to set sail. Despite what I said, the docks could wait, I thought. I only would have ended up sitting on my ###, staring at fancy rides and making googly eyes at hot sailor chicks until I'd get bored enough to start snooping around where I shouldn't.

Still, I couldn't walk around forever. I had to find something to do.

"Eh."

OOC: Alfon open for interaction

IC: Atlas

"The Law states that the sinners, the heretics and the infidels, will be punished, not by the hand of Mata Nui, but by the hands of His disciplines who work for Him; the disciplines will be granted a paradise of their own via the good works they do in the world."

Atlas closed the book slowly and tucked it away. It was one of his favorite passages in the book. He didn't care for the paradise; the island could be paradise, but it must be purged first. Purged of sin.

He scratched his cheek slowly. He would have to speed things along, but no new names had been given to him. He would hunt naturally then.

Ta-Koro would be a good place to start. A fortress trapped in a lake of lava, it held many people fearing the island, but it also held many people seeking to prey on the fearful. As Atlas crossed over to the village, he kept his eyes open.

OOC: Atlas OFI

IC:

"I thought you ordered the strawberry." 

IC: 

Taleen waited for the dust to settle before leaning in and examining the miniature boxing ring. Very little surprised the assassin, but this...what the heck was this thing? A...complex toy of some kind? She looked at it with awe, before deciding to push one of the buttons in curiosity, the moment she did, one of the figures threw a punch, whacking the other in the arm. 

"Wow..." Taleen slowly sat down opposite of Plagia, she had a fairly good idea of what was coming next. "...I've never seen anything like this...ever. And that's a pretty big deal for me cause I've seen a lot of ######." 

IC:

"If I did, then I want my money back."

IC:

I poked the head of the guy closest to me, making it wobble oh-so-slightly.

"Yeah, it's a pretty new thing," I said. "Some Vortixx cooked it up a few weeks ago, ended up selling it to this place so she could pay off some less legitimate folks. It hasn't really hit popularity yet, but it will. Probably."

Leaning back in my chair, I cracked my knuckles and grinned.

"So ... you'll be red, I'll be blue?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: "Uh, you." he replied in simple, matter-of-fact tone, raising an eyebrow of his own at the question. He was talking to her, what else would he be looking at? You look at people you talk to, seriously, what else?

The ember, apparently, was a valid answer, swirling motion catching his eye as he followed its tight orbit for a few moments before they flicked back over to the "Monkey" of the group, now revealed to be a kendoka.

A swordsman, who seemed to distinctly lack a sword.

T h a t ' s   w e i r d.

"You trained?"

The response firstly came in the form of a crude snort, either in response to the accusations lobbied his way or in answer to the Fa-Toa's question, possibly both.

"For like 3 weeks, and then the old fart runnin' the place kicked me out 'because I was using it wrongfully' and he didn't think I was worthy of it, or some junk like that. Dad probably told 'im I'm 'in with the wrong crowd' or something."

He frowned openly.

"Learned more without him anyway."

I doubt that.

helo frens

IC: "I think it's more--"

"--It's a sportified and spiritual or 'soft' version of Kenjutsu, which is the 'hard' counterpart for straight up murking somebody with a blade. Same ideas, different application." he replied curtly.  "One'll have you do a lot of forms and sparring with the armor and shinai, the other'll have you doing a lot of drills with a partner and using bokken and the first strike wins. Because you're ######ing swordfighting."

Edited by Best Gungnir

helo frens

IC:

"Hitting ###### is more fun. And a whole lot more satisfying. Pointy things are reserved for handicaps and people who need to actually get murked."

Edited by It's A Gundam MkII

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: "Figured as much. And funny you should talk ###### about swords when you've got one on your belt, Firefly."

I like how this girl thi--

W-Wait, Ma'am?

u h o h

Gold eyes flitted back and forth frantically between his superior officer and the Ta-Toa.

Edited by Best Gungnir

helo frens

IC:

"I'm with her on this. The Ussalry trained us each to be a machine that could defend a squadron by ourselves. We're taught to survive and overcome any person, creature, or terrain on the planet. We're also taught not to abuse it by screwing around. Just because I didn't quite take the lesson to heart doesn't mean it ain't a good one."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: 

Mimira laughed at that. "You're such a goof." She then concentrated on finishing her sherbert, she shivered a bit when she ate it a little too fast, brain freezes were annoying. 

"Should we see what the Captain is up too?" 

IC: 

"Sounds like a plan." Taleen grinned back, putting her fingers around the controls, testing them to make sure they were functioning properly before they started the match. Everything seemed to be working, she expected nothing less from Vortixx craftsmanship, say what you will about them, everything they made was of high quality. 

"Ready when you are." 

Edited by Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: "It doesn't have to be for fun to be fun. There's a rush from pitting your skills against another's that you just can't replicate in sports, even if you're knocking some dickhead's teeth in for community service."

"I agree there." Jolek continued. "Karz, I washed up on the beach in Le-Wahi an amnesiac. Fighting was literally the only thing I had left in me from before whatever shipwreck I was a part of. It was practically all I knew until my best friend found me and took me in. Yeah, there's a distinction between using it in a competitive setting and on the streets to defend yourself or others, but I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. I can have fun enjoying the competition and catharsis and test of skill, while also never using it out of some organized setting unless I see somebody getting mugged or something like that."

helo frens

IC:

"See, this is why the Guard and I weren't a good fit. No sense of fun." The Ta-Toa rolled her eyes, the will o' wisp spinning a little faster. "Y'don't need to go around sending people to the hospital, but a good old spar? fun."

"Besides, real rich coming from the Guard that kicked the out of Erzu."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

This is why you're here, Red.

His two cents out there, Red leaned back in the booth beside Saeva and started casually breaking pieces of bacon between his fingers and popping square chunks into his mouth, one at a time.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"A l f o n!"

An apple core sailed past the Toa of Lightning's face, missing by inches and disintegrated upon impact against building past him. Well, it probably missed. Either that or the thrower was a good enough shot for that Pakari-force apple core to just narrowly miss his nose. Which was arguably more terrifying.

"Just one of a half dozen people I was kind of hoping to see!" The assailant greeted, almost cheerfully, with another apple in one hand and a pint of beer in the opposite. "C'mon, , we got work to do."

fK5oqYf.jpg