BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: "Earth to Tiny." he called again, grasping Elly's shoulder by one hand and shaking her, hopefully, out of whatever reprieve she was locked in. "Need to know if you've got money. Snap outta it."

"So wait," Erzu said, cutting through what was otherwise silence with all the smoothness of an oncoming Mack truck. "The Karz were you doing in Ga in the first place? Shouldn't you have been back here with all this terrorizing ###### going down?"

If you're gonna say you protect and serve, at least do it. I thought this place was supposed to be a step up compared to the Force.

Edited by Oshino Meme

helo frens

IC: Alfon

"See that, Layla?" 

"See what? You drinking on the job?"

"Whoa, someone's feeling salty today. Here, have some. It'll take off the edge."

"Wha- no! Stop! You're going to get us fired!"

"I'm gonna get you fired, you mean." 

"##### off!"

"I knooooow you want some. C'mon, it's peach schnapps!" I held out the glass insistently. 

"I swear to god."

"Y'know you could just walk away, right?" 

"What?"

"Nothing, nothing!" I shrugged, downing the glass and setting it on the cart. 

"For someone who wants to stay undercover, you're doing a pretty ###### job at it." She rolled her eyes. "Now what did you want to show me?"

"And you're not very smart, are you?"

"Hey!"

"Huh? Oh right!" I nodded towards Skri. "See that? That's they key to success in blackjack."

"...I don't follow." she said, sounding exasperated.

"Just watch."

Grandma numero uno raised her hand. The dealer dealt her.

"Another one."

Numero uno raised her hand again. The dealer dealt her, and that was the end of that. Hit me, numero dos said.

"Another one."

Sure enough, she called for another card. Skri's turn came up next.

"'Nother one of these."

Layla looked at me, confused.

"...another one?"

I nodded sagely.

Another one.

Edited by TX Wade

IC:

Successful so far, but she had to consider how best to continue. Especially with the unknown chattering of the 'host' in the background. Skrihen sipped her new drink after she tossed Alfon the payment, and watched the game curiously.

The grandmas weren't very good at it.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC

The jovial (or at the very least, placid) atmosphere iced over with Erzu's comment. The Po-Toa swiveled in his direction, pinning him to the booth with piercing glare.

"I am very much aware of what happened while I was away. It is very far beyond your station to question the actions of myself or the Guard. Everything that could have been done to prevent those events was done. The fact I was away is irrelevant and quite simply, none of your business."

She stood abruptly, withdrawing enough money for her order and placing it on the table before glancing at her two co-workers.

"Well?"

• Upvote 2

...but close to it

IC:

And it hit at last, with the smoothness of an Iron Mahi that had not even missed a beat after chewing up Erzu's body.

I know that stare

by god

Redhot said nothing, politely sipping his Bula juice.

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: "Think Elly's spent too much time with the band thing, Ma'am." Jolek responded, slapping down his own widgetry onto the table. "Looks like she's gone deaf. Might wanna do somethin' about it."

True to his ill-advised ways, the Ve-Toa ignored thousands of years of social evolution and tradition. Your typical man would hold too much respect for authorities to ask something like that in the first place. They would wilt under the glacial rebuttal like a potted plant in the encroaching winter. They would feel contrite for being so thoughtless as to bring up such a sore topic so soon at all, let alone in the presence of three guardsmen and one notoriously patriotic native. Simply put, any reasonable person would have never pulled this one out of their hat.

But Erzu was of a different sort. To him, people always had the right to question the local law enforcement of "dubious action". To remind them of their own fallibility so their heads wouldn't get too big because of some tacky badge they held. To grill them over their failures, to ask the thoughtless things, and to suspect fallibility or foul play at every turn. It was what he knew.

And so when he found himself standing in the middle of a sudden blizzard, he triumphantly, callously, and altogether smugly smirked.

Point: Me.

Rising of his own accord, the pugilist turned to glance momentarily at Erzu, having felt about three paragraphs of roundabout psychological exposition and elaboration being poured into him. Ever the helpful sort, he summed it up aptly in a mere seven words.

Man, this kid's definitely the dumb one.

Edited by Oshino Meme

helo frens

IC:

"Soter."

The Ta-Toa stood almost in unison with her Guard counterpart, and you could almost hear Red's deep breath. Saeva standing up, staring at the Guardswoman, wasn't a good sign. Even if she did look at neutral as the native ever got. She rested her knuckles on the table, regarding the Guards opposite and adjacent to her with a faint frown just before her gaze focused on the tall Po-Toa exclusively. After a long, long second she jabbed a thumb in Erzu's direction. "Ignore the monkey. Got a chip size of Ihu on his shoulder 'bout Guards. Doesn't have a idea what he's saying."

"I wasn't here, either. Don't matter what we want. Sometimes we just aren't in the right place. S'why you're the Guard, not Guard. Takes a village to keep a village safe. Just 'cause you weren't here, and I wasn't here, don't mean the Guard wasn't. All of you did your jobs best you could. Always do. I might not like all you , but you always do." She paused and tapped her knuckles on the surface a second, deciding what she wanted to say. "Village is still here 'cause of that. So thanks."

"You're busy guys, but if you ever need tailorin', Dad runs a Guard discount. Taught me a long time ago to give back when y'can. Good luck with your day."

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"You'd hate being a Captain, then. You sit behind a desk day and night, you let an Akiri talk your ear off about crime figures now and again, and you get to look at a parade of renegade handsome Guardsmen and never touch. Only thing you'd get to punch are time cards. You'd kill yourself in a year, and then what would I do? I'd be too forlorn to look at the badge on a chick's chest the same way ever again."

Reordin's chin tensed atop the crown of Plagia's head in mock trepidation.

"don't do that to me, love"

-Tyler

IC:

"Well, when you put it like that...."

Lower lip settling into a pout directed straight at Tal, I gave her a helpless shrug and said, "Sorry babe. Won't be able to pull any strings for you. Guess you'll just have to settle for me punching out any Guard who tries to take you in, huh?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

Stay frosty, Saporta.

T h a t   l i p

I don't need your input right now.

"Try to stick to the new blood with that little routine. The old guard has enough on their plate without looking over their shoulder for you."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

I wondered how drunk Skri was by this point, which reminded of this really weird kid I used to know back in the circus. Little man used to go around licking people's elbows behind their backs, and no one noticed for a while 'cause apparently the skin there's not sensitive enough to really feel it. Anyway, that got me thinking; didn't alcohol decrease a person's sense of touch?

Hmm.

"Layla?" I said, pulling her away from the table.

"Yeah?"

"That girl I just served? I'll give you eighty widgets if you lick her elbow, right here, right now. A hundred if she doesn't notice."

"What?"

"One fifty."

"Uh-"

"Two hundred."

"...why-"

"For f- four hundred! Take it or leave it!" I said, keeping my voice down to a harsh whisper. Layla looked at me like I was crazy, then at Skri with a gleam in her eyes that told me she was seriously considering taking the money, indicating to me that I had to sell my case. "Look, she's my friend. If she catches you, I'll step in and explain, alright? She'll understand. I'll keep an eye out for any coworkers or supervisors too, okay? Trust me, it'll be fine."

For a few seconds worth of hesitation, Layla continued to look back and forth between me and Skri's soft, tender elbow. Finally, she turned around, and I could barely suppress the grin on my face as I watched her slink her way towards Ski's back with all the stealth of someone sneaking up on a hot chick's unsuspecting elbow so they could lick it.

Lick.

"pffffffffffffhahahahaha."

IC:

Skri, completely oblivious to what was going on around her, shifted slightly at the vague perception of something going on behind her. And something brushing her arm. Not that she paid it much mind. Alfon's ramblings weren't of any concern, she was gambling! And doing alright, actually. Lost a little last round, but made it back this round. Net positive of when she started, for now. 

"Alfon, what time's it? We gotta meet the rest sooner or later."

fK5oqYf.jpg

Had I lacked a little more dignity, I probably would have been rolling on the floor in fits of full-blown laughter. Instead, I was reduced to uncontrollable fits of snickering, and I was just barely able to keep myself upright with the help of a wall for support. A wheezy giggle escaped me when Layla bolted away from Skri, not looking suspicious at all with her C grade poker face as she frantically strode back to me.

"I can't believe that worked." she said, giggling nervously despite herself.

"I know, right? Here," I fished a fat sum of widgets and put them in her hands. "You earned it. Now go, I'll take care of things from here. No need to be seen with me anymore." I said, winking her goodbye. She didn't seem to know how to reply, like whether she should thank me or tell me to be careful, though after fumbling her words for a few seconds, she shut up and got this decisive look in her eye.

"My name's Hoyun, by the way."

And with a wink, she was gone. I smiled.

"Bye, Layla." I mumbled, waving to no one in particular. With her gone, I slowly made my way back to the table, creeping up from behind Skri to get a better look at the game.

"It's close to three." I replied, bringing up my wrist. "You should probably wrap up after the next hand. I'm gonna go grab my stuff and meet you outside by the doors, that cool?"

IC

Her gaze turned from the two other guards to Saeva, around the table and back to Saeva. She allowed a hint of smile to show.

"Good day to you as well, Sareta. And you as well, Avaliona, Salvejamaeno and..." She settled on the gargantuan Onu-Toa, "I do not believe we were introduced, mister..?"

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

IC (Leah):

The Toa Maru of water moved turned her head when Stannis entered. It had been quite a while since they had been together - also in Ta-Koro - but parting on less friendly terms at the time. But since then, something had changed about the Toa of stone. He seemed...more casual, somehow. For Stannis, that was a world of difference compared to the way he used to be. Not exactly a stick-in-the-mud, but definitely a stick-in-the-somewhere.

With a slight spring to her step, Leah moved over to the group gathered near Reordin; accidentally bumping into his backside with a swing of her hips as she passed him.

"Hello, Stannis."

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

Red had been sitting casually, trying not to look overtly guilty as he watched the olive branch extension between Saeva and Soter. Now that he was specifically called out, he looked up with one arm slung over the booth he and Saeva sat in. The other was in the pocket of his hoodie, quietly hiding any trace of the saperka outline in his sleeve.

Saeva would say whatever he didn't.

Or maybe she wouldn't.

"Redhot." His stomach roiled. "Bomaye."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

Redhot? She briefly considered the possibility that it might be one of those ridiculious PUA monikers that had been all the rage recently. Of course, the Onu-Toa's rather eccentric and quiet attitude wasn't quite in line with that scenario.

Neither could she quite shake the vague sense of familiarity with the name...

"Well then... It was nice to meet you too, Redhot Bomaye."

...but close to it

IC:

"Yeah, yeah, fine." The Ve-Toa replied offhandedly, in the process of dragging her winnings across the table towards her. Surprisingly, despite her less-than-stellar state of mine, she'd actually walked out with a net gain. Probably had to do with the small number of rounds. They were still trying to lure her in or some . The grandmas weren't having nearly as much luck, so maybe it was a little mean to give them a cheeky wave.

But she did anyway.

Then she shoved the widgets back into her coin purse, tucked the purse into a pocket, and made for the door.

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Tuara from out of region

IC: Tuara Drigton - Ta-Koro

Tuara was stopped just outside the flat when she noticed something off about the front door. First, because there was a letter on the door. Second, because it was a new door. She picked off the paper, and began reading it with a furrowed brow.

'Replaced your door.'

Tuara's brow managed to furrow further, and she asked to nobody in particular "Why? What was wrong with it?". She turned the door-knob and stepped inside. The house felt completely alien to her. At first, she figured it was because she had been away for so long, but then she realized it was probably because the piano was destroyed, and the flat was generally unkempt.

"What happened here?" Tuara asked - again - to nobody in particular. This time however, there was a response coming round the way into the kitchen. And with a quick turn of the head, Tuara saw the man the voice belonged to.

"There was a fight here. I guess your boyfriend-"

Tuara wasted no time launching herself into the stranger and winding him upon impact. They slammed down onto the ground together, and Tuara clambered over the mysterious man with a fist raised threateningly - her mask of strength glowing hotly. With anger on her face and his collar in her hand, Tuara demanded, "Who the ##### are you?"

"Ooohh oohh oh oh oh my bahh-ckk-" She slammed him into the floor again, "OHhHh OK! OK! Mata-Nui! Give me a second to breathe-"

"You have a second to talk, not to rest. Who are you and why are you in my house?" Tuara threatened, her fist shaking, “Answer me! Now!

“I’m your brother!”

Tuara’s face dropped for split second before she hissed through closed teeth, Kitea is dead.

“No! He- well I’m not!” Kitea said, still sweating under the grip of his younger sister, “They never found my body d-did they?”

Tuara wanted to smash his face into the kitchen floor, “Anybody could have read those files.”

“You and I used t-to try and skip rocks on the lava flow!”

“Kitea wasn’t the only one who knew that.”

“Y-you used to have nightmares! You used to come into my room at night and wake me up!”

Tuara said nothing.

“You used to say that you wanted to make sure the things you dreamed about weren’t real,” Kitea started to speak more softly, You wouldn’t go back to sleep until I proved it to you.

Tuara looked into the toa’s eyes, searching for something. A hint, a clue, anything. Whatever it took to prove that this wasn’t the dream. Kitea’s eyes - and the stranger’s - were both yellow, but there was something different about the pair Tuara was currently scanning, “Your eyes look much more tired than I remember.”

Kitea paused for a moment, but said, “So do yours.”

Tuara waited a moment, then let go. Kitea’s head hit the kitchen floor again, “Ouch!” he said before sitting up, “You’re not any more tactful than I remember.” he said, rubbing the back of his head.

Tuara stepped back, hands still in fists, “That’s all you can say?” Her closed hands began to shake, then her shoulders too. There was no way this was possible. Tuara had to be hallucinating. She had mourned her parents and brother for centuries. It took years of pain and anger to forget about it all. Was that just a nightmare?

Tuara dropped to her knees, and with her face in her hands, began to cry.

• Upvote 6

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC:

"Try to stick to the new blood with that little routine. The old guard has enough on their plate without looking over their shoulder for you."

-Tyler

IC (Leah):

With a slight spring to her step, Leah moved over to the group gathered near Reordin; accidentally bumping into his backside with a swing of her hips as she passed him.

IC:

I know that voice-- OH GOD

NO

N O

I hunched over the table -- and away from Reo's chin, chest, abdomen, and other fine-looking parts -- with such force and ferocity that I half-expected to end the motion paralyzed from the waist down. 

"Good plan," I said. "New guys need to know about my rep anyway, don't they?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

I was already waiting outside by the time Skri stumbled out the doors, propped against a pillar with my arms crossed. I waved her over, breathing a bittersweet sigh of relief knowing she wasn't drunk enough for me to hold her hand all the way back to the Magma Lounge.

"You ready to roll? And I don't mean 'roll' literally."

IC-Tavari (Mangai Foothills)

Tavari Woke with a start on the black crags of the Mangai Volcano. Her memory was a little hazy, but she could distinctly remember she was inside the volcano moments before... she remembered a large plantlike monster, a heavy blow to her side, and then silence...

Tavari got up, only to almost collapse again due to a sharp pain in her side. Her armour was blackened with soot, her shawl was charred, and every step she took sent agonizing pain up her body. She had to get to a medical room, quickly, and, once she was fully healed, as far away from this forsaken volcano as possible.

But at the very least, she was alive.

OOC

Tavari (somehow) has been removed from the Mangai Quest (I doubt Ghosthands'll mind one less person), and is now open for Interaction.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC:

It was Skrihen's eyes that did the rolling, but she nodded. She bounced her coinpurse once in hand, a little surprised that it was heavier than when she walked in, but happy about the outcome. She'd have to see about stashing it somewhere for after they took back Ko. In the meantime, she tugged out the edge of her coat and dropped her winnings into place. Another few second to adjust her coat (and the assortment of weapons stored in or on it), and she nodded again.

"Let's go. Reo'll leave us behind if we ain't there."

fK5oqYf.jpg

I nodded and pushed myself off the pillar, breaking into a slow walk alongside Skri as we headed back to the Magma Lounge. A few minutes of walking and talking later, we arrived and promptly made our way inside, Skri going first while I held the door for her. 

"Ayo!" I rang, followed by an audible clack of the door on my way in. I had a brief look around, noticing that everyone was gone with the exception of a few, Onuzek being rather hard to miss. I glanced at Skri, then shrugged.

No one's here.

IC:

"Onuzek's here. Which mean they haven't left yet, they're just somewhere in the village." The Toa of Plant Life flopped casually into a chair. "They'll be here eventually."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"I carry a case of ice cream all the time, Alfon. Including the seventy percent of my time that I spend walking through very hot regions of the island defending one caravan or another."

A pause.

"In case you couldn't tell, not that often."

fK5oqYf.jpg