BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Enforcer. 

I was close enough to overhear Varan's words, and I feel my anger growing.

"You forget," I growl, pressing the hot barrel of my plasma weapon against the side of his mask, "I don't owe you anything." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Varan

Varan turns, angrily. "This also isn't your business," he growled. He turned back to the Skakdi.

"And if anything you once were is still left in you... 'Zero'... then I know you honor your debts. And you wouldn't have such dishonor to kill me, now, would you?"

The Toa knew he was treading in dangerous waters... but he also knew Zero. She had more morality then she realized.

Edited by Jakura Nuva

"Then isn't it lucky that I don't care about honour," I snarl at Varan, "If she doesn't want to kill you, I quite happily will, whether you think it's my business or not." If this little thought he could wander up here, after everything he'd done, and expect Zero to start running errands for him, he was about to discover that he was dead wrong. 

With emphasis on dead

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"All I wish for," Varan gasped angrily through the hand on his throat, "Is for you to keep a prisoner for me. I have even come with a sum of widgets to pay you with, should that be necessary. But while you unholy mercenaries may not care for such things as morals... well, I care neither for you. Kill me, of you wish. But it does not change facts, Zero."

He edged his face came closer to hers. "You owe me. And my death will simply burden you further."

IC:

Zero released her grasp slowly. Her stare never faltered as she took a step back, slowly and deliberately.

"Stand down, Enforcer." she said, her expression blank. The Skakdi's eyes were glazed over, her mind buried in the past. There were many things that Zero knew about the world that others did not. One could say she was a keeper of many secrets, but despite its toll on her persona, she bore the burden each day without complaint.

After a long interlude of silence, she finally spoke once more. 

"I will hold your prisoner if you intend to pay for his stay. I will not, however, agree to provide you with my hospitality. You give me the money, I keep the being under lock and key for as long as your payment lasts." 

She awaited his response, wary of the many eyes that were directed at the two of them. 

I step back, but keep my weapon trained on Varan. One wrong move, and his head will be replaced with steaming plasma. "Why don't we take his money and throw him and his prisoner into a cell?" I ask. "Or better yet, toss them both into the Break?" 

The Toa was surprised at her sudden calmness, and gasped as she let go of his neck.

Rising from the ground with as much dignity as he could muster, the Toa reached into his pack and pulled forth a large pouch of widgets, gained during his days as a bounty hunter. He had been saving it for such an occasion.

He offered the pouch to Zero. "This pay is meant for two reasons - one, to keep my prisoner here for two months. I will bring more money to you by then. And two, I want him... treated." The Toa grimaced. "Interrogated, to be precise. Surely your Brakas-fodder here aren't beneath that? I will pay you more, if you require it."

Varan turned to Enforcer and pointed at him with malice. "And do not forget, Enforcer. Do not forget our little... tussle... from so long ago. Remember who won - who left the other running away like a Kavinika with his tail between his legs."

OOC: Hope you don't mind that addition, Nato :P

Edited by Jakura Nuva

IC:

"Easy, Minnorak. With all the new recruits we've been getting lately, we need the money." Her words were objective and to the point- he couldn't disagree. Hopefully, the soothing tone of her voice would assist in calming the Vortixx down.

She stepped forward and accepted the pouch from Varan's waiting hand. 

"Deal." she replied.

As he dumped the pouch in her hands, Varan brushed his hand gently across hers. When he did so, a strange feeling ignited in his heart. Longing. He hadn't longed for something other than knowledge for ages, and now...

The Toa smashed the feeling that had crept from his heart. There used to be something, back then... now, only a shattered husk remained. It could never be the way it used to be.

My eyes narrow, and I feel my fingers tighten on the trigger of my weapon. "I was wounded," I remind Varan. I remember it all too well. I'd still been recovering from the vicious gut wound I'd been given by... her. Things would be different now. I was wiser, stronger, and uninjured. He was powerless, and I had a gun at his head. 

But I follow Zero's orders, and slowly, reluctantly lower my weapon. 

"Get out of my sight." 

"Quickly," I add to Varan, shooting him a this is not over glance. 

IC: (Something Different)

"Yeah, I have something along like my own design." Krakant replied.

"'Course, that is unless you have something more... Elequant."

Ooc: To the PM! *nananana*

Taking the designs from Krakant, I look over the plans laid out. They're very basic, but detailed enough to get the idea across. I nod, rubbing my chin in thought, "I can construct this. Give me a few days, come back. I'll have something for you by then.

OOC: @UltimoScorp & Alijar. You guys aren't meant to be posting Ko. The city is in lockdown until Ghosthands has the time to make the timeskip post. 

IC: Veteran.

"Ah, boss..." Veteran slunk up to stand beside Zero, "...I'm sorry, mate, this is my fault. Varan said he knew you. I assumed he meant he was your friend of somethin'." 

• Upvote 1

IC: Minnorak, huh? So Chuckles the Enforcer had a name... Interesting...

"Awesome," Verulas said, expressing his boredom. "I'd go tell Marauder that he's going to be making a new friend, but I'm a bit more worried about Ayar at the moment since she passed out while healing Scholar, who, by the way, is still critical. Also, Shivy and Rekhyt don't look like they'll be healing themselves anytime soon."

He turned his head, glancing at Zero, the Vortixx, and the Ba-Toa who was known as Varan.

"So if we're all done sharing our feelings, I suggest that we send out two groups in search of another doctor; one to Ihu-Koro, and the other across the Break and into Ta-Koro. Any objections, Boss-Lady?"

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

"Okay," Veteran didn't know what more to say. He'd expected words of anger, torturous punishments... Not that he was unhappy that none of those things had happened. But still...

"I'm up for a trip to Ta-Koro," Veteran volunteered. He was a Ta-skakdi. Spending too much time here at the ice fortress wasn't good for him. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC:

"I wouldn't punish you for doing your job right, Veteran." she added, as if she'd read his thoughts. She was an intuitive being, and knew the one-eyed Skakdi well enough to catch onto his shame. 

It was at this point that a new recruit spoke up about those in need of medical attention."So if we're all done sharing our feelings, I suggest that we send out two groups in search of another doctor; one to Ihu-Koro, and the other across the Break and into Ta-Koro."

Dry, and a bit crass for my taste, but reliable nonetheless. 

"Any objections, Boss-Lady?" he asked.

"None." she replied shortly, her lips twitching into a flicker of a smile.

Edited by Requiem

Veteran decided to make himself useful. "I can hit up Ta-Koro, if ya want," he offered. 

"Shouldn't we be getting on with the other trials, as well?" I remind Zero.

IC: The plan seemed to be going smoothly; Zero had just signed off on it, and Veteran (a.k.a. the one-eyed Ta-Skakdi) had just signed up for a ride across the Break. All they needed now were some uninjured volunteers to go check out the other village.

At least he knew that the journey into Ta-Wahi would be an interesting one.

"Don't we have enough hurt as it is, Chuckles? What's the point of injuring more people when we don't have a medic to heal them?"

With his point made, he turned towards the rest of the crowd and clapped his hands together.

"Alright, then," the Bo-Toa continued. "I will also be going to Ta-Koro. Now, is there anyone up for a trip to Ihu-Koro?

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

"Get out of my sight." Zero turned away from him, pain in her eyes.

Varan, too, felt the pain. "Gladly," he replied quietly.

"By the way," the Toa called over his shoulder as the mercenaries left him. "The whelp's out cold in a chair by the arena. Might want to get him in a cell before he melts out of his bonds."

With that, the Toa of Gravity turned on his heel and stalked away, his cloak flowing in his wake.

But he wasn't yet done here.

OOC: Dum dum dum...

Edited by Jakura Nuva
  • Upvote 1

IC:

Zero almost always sent people out in pairs to pursue smaller missions and tasks. Veteran and the cloaked recruit had already filled the roles needed for Ta-Koro.

The leader of The Outsiders nodded to Enforcer before speaking up for all to hear.

"I apologize for the delay. We will begin the trials again shortly, but first, I need two more volunteers to travel to Ihu-Koro in search of medical support for those in need."

Varan's voice echoed back over the snow as he walked away, warning them that the prisoner needed to be dealt with as soon as possible.

She then turned to her trusty Vortixx companion. Although he could be a bit hotheaded at times, Minnorak was the most loyal and reliable person she knew. She was thankful that he had her back earlier.

"I need you to secure the new prisoner. Take care to lock him up down below so that his screams won't be detected by cable car passengers."

Finally, Zero locked eyes with the Fa-Toa who had faced off against Forger earlier. She beckoned him over with a fluid hand motion.

Edited by Requiem

"If Varan wants someone imprisoned, shouldn't we do the exact opposite of that?" I don't mean to questions Zero's orders, but I fear that Varan may be using whatever debt Zero owes him to force her to make choices she normally wouldn't. "Do we even know who this prisoner is?

IC:

Enforcer was expressing caution, and for good reason. Varan was dangerous, and cunning. He had an emotional advantage over the Su-Skakdi, but she knew who she was dealing with.

"A deal's a deal. If Varan views himself as an honorable being, I will give him honor. If he breaks his end of the deal, he will die painfully."

"Varan?" I spit venomously, "Honour?" I shake my head, making my disbelief very clear.

But orders are orders. "Very well. Where is this prisoner?" 

IC:

Enforcer hated Varan almost as much as she did, but he simply didn't understand what was at stake. Varan had discovered the secret of their former employer. If she desired her life, and the lives of those she cared about, she had to keep her mouth shut. 

He'll know if I reveal anything, and will show no mercy.

She sighed.

"I'm not sure. Ask Veteran, he's the one who brought them inside."

Edited by Requiem

IC: Enforcer and Veteran.

I turn and walk over to Veteran. "What did you do with Varan's prisoner?" I ask him.

"We left 'im shackled up over in the chair," Veteran pointed him out. 

"Thanks," I pat him reassuringly on the shoulder as I move past him, "mate." I know he feels bad about letting Varan into the base. But there was no way he could have known, and I have no intention of telling him. Some secrets had best remain that way. 

I move over to the prisoner. He's injured. Just one more for the growing list of beings who need a healer's help. I hoist his unconscious body over my shoulder and start carrying him. Within a few minutes, I'm deep underground. Very few of us use these dank tunnels; and even fewer have the keys to the rooms at the bottom. I just happen to have one of the master keys that allow access to every room in the Outpost. 

I lay him down and unlock one of the heavy iron cell doors, then deposit him inside, locking the door behind him. 

Then I head back upstairs and raise a hand for silence as I reenter the courtyard. "I think finding a healer may take priority over holding more trials. I'll head up to Ihu-Koro if no one else will." 

IC:

"I'm sorry things were so brief before. I just wanted to officially congratulate you, and present you with your alias."

She placed a hand on his shoulder. 

"Your new name is Vandal." she said, grinning slightly. "Your hit and run tactics, as well as your desire to inflict as much damage as you can in a fight proved you worthy of the title. May you wear it with honor."

Zero then turned to the gathered beings that still remained in the arena, speaking loud enough for all to hear. "This Toa has proved himself worthy to join us. I present you Vandal, eleventh member of The Outsiders!" 

Edited by Requiem

"Yay," I say, admittedly more than a little sarcastic. "Now that's out of the way, who will accompany me to Ihu-Koro?" 

Veteran clapped, giving Rekhyt Vandal an appreciative nod. He always felt a little swell of pride when one of his recruits made the cut. It reminded him of why he did this job; to see other mercs find their rightful places in this hellish world. "Right then..." he turned to Verulas, "come on, mate. We've got to go find us a healer in Ta-Koro." 

IC: Crab

Crab's eyes cracked open a smidge. He got up and staggered his way towards where he presumed was the arena. He saw many creatures, one of them an attractive skakdi who he could only assume was Zero. "Hey uh... are you Zero?" He said, grasping his bleeding shoulder.

IC: Transient

The weakened Toa pushed himself from the ground. The encounter with his old teammate left him both in physical and emotional pain, as his mind raced to process the thought:

Varan's alive.

It was a frightening thought. The old Toa was wise and powerful - he had existed for ages. His past involvement with the Outsiders was a mystery to Transient, who could only guess what he did to the mercs to make them hate him so.

Probably the same thing he did to me... to us, the Onu-Toa thought angrily to himself. Betrayed them.

But whatever the reason... Varan was alive. Transient would've sworn to anybody that he was dead by now. Surely time would've taken hold of him, crippling and eventually killing him - as with every other biomechanical/organic being. But he seemed as young and healthy as he was when they last faced each other...

Struggling to maintain his balance, Transient hobbled submissively over to Zero. He hurriedly offered an apology.

"I-I'm sorry, my leader," he said. He kept his tone low. "I attacked him. I instigated the fight. I deserve..." The Toa lingered on the word. "...Punishment."

Edited by Jakura Nuva

IC (Charek): Still in his corner of the arena, Charek glanced up but stayed silent.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

IC: "I know," Verulas said as he followed Veteran towards the cable car. "I was the one that came up with the plan, remember?"

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"Just get in the bloody car," Veteran glared at Verulas. He was beginning to regret agreeing to accompany Captain Snarkastic. 

• Upvote 4

IC: Verulas shrugged, stepping inside before taking a seat and propping his hands behind his head.

"So does this thing have some sort of secret control-hatch that nobody else knows about, or... Huh, nevermind. Looks like your operator just returned," he said as he yawned. "Off to Ta-Koro we go then."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"You got it, mate," Veteran hit the mechanism and jumped into the cable car, closing the door behind him just as it started to move.

OOC: The One-Eyed Aussie and Captain Snarkastic to Ta-Koro. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick
  • Upvote 1