BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Ior

Finally feeling a hint of fatigue, Ior picked up his kolhii ball and went to sit on one of the benches on the side. While sitting on the bench, he finally decided to look up to the po-matoran in the stalls, noticing that he was staring at him, and gave the matoran a questioning look.

Edited by Toa Onaku

OOC: This IS mata nui. They didn't play kolhii on metru nui, they played akilini. (I'm saying tohngu used to play kolhii on mata nui, therefore he is allowed to remember it.)

IC: Tohngu

The kolhii player takes a rest, and looks up at tohngu. "Just taking a break from carving. You seem troubled, is something wrong? I can see it in the way you play.

Tu2d6W7.jpg

BZRPG Character profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=9733&p=645870

Tohngu Krakulhi

IC (Stralix)

The Po-Skakdi inventor had left his cart in the official parking area (under watchful Sentinel eye) and joined the crowd for Lenat's opening speech, noting the organiser's sentiments with approval. He himself would not be running a booth; he was here as Jaller's representative, and was more interested in seeing other people's creations than publicising his own. He did have a demonstration planned...but that could wait until the end of the event.

So for now, he strolled among the stalls, examining things and talking to people. He found that he was quickly recognised - his inventions, in particular the Photothermic Powder (as he modestly preferred to call it), had bought him a certain amount of fame even outside technological circles.

He passed one stall, and one item on a shelf caught his eye.

"Excuse me," he asked the Matoran owner, "is that a scaled-down repeating disk launcher, optimised for handheld use?"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Farzan (Tech Expo)

"Hmm?" I asked, looking up from where I'd been busy erasing the blueprints of the failed invention that'd given Ior minor head trauma by shredding and burning them to see none other than, as I personally liked to call him, the man himself; Stralix.

The lenses on my mask immediately whirred in tandem to really take in the appearance of the Po-Skakdi.

"Figured he'd be a bit taller"

He wasn't really like I imagined him, and at the same time he seemed to give of the exact impression I expected. Even though he was pretty scrawny, his eyes told a different story, they were inquisitive, calculating, he was taking everything in at a rate I could only hope to achieve someday, his hands were slender, and scratched and burnt, both the mark and product of fine craftsmanship.

But more importantly: The Stralix is talking to me.

"Yeah, it is" I responded out loud, reaching for the device in question.

"It uses the same spring-loading functions that some of the larger launchers' magazines have nowadays, and then you just shrink everything down and voila"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"You know, normally I wouldn't be too psyched about straight-up giving my ideas to other people, but this is the technology expo, after all, and besides, you know what they say 'if you got it, flaunt it'." I responded as I handed it to him.

"Besides, I couldn't say no to you" I continued with a big grin.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Stralix)

Stralix gave the Matoran a smirk and a raised eyebrow as he took the device.

"I'm a believer in intellectual property," he said. "I don't steal ideas."

He looked down at the diskette launcher, and narrowed his eyes - and they began to glow a bright yellow-orange.

"Hmmmm..." he mused as his Diagnostics Vision revealed the machine's innards. "Internals look pretty solid...wait."

He zoomed in, his vision power highlighting several components in red. His eyes stopped glowing as he looked back up at Farzan.

"I'm guessing you're having some issues getting this to work, right?" he said. "Miniaturising the pressure loop must cause a karz of a lot of crosstalk."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

The only visible indication of my embarassment was the smaller mid-lense on my Akaku twitching oddly, the other two narrowed as they zoomed in on the Launcher.

"I really could use X-Ray Vision" I thought to myself as I went through a mental blueprint of the device in order to understand what Stralix was getting at.

Wait, aha.

"Tell me about it," I said out loud, "when you press everything together it looks like a "wad" of parts that of course jam up at the most inconvenient time possible"

We were interrupted by the sound of my Ussal Crab, Kreff, chirping quietly as he poked his bulbous, curios eyes out from behind the rack at Stralix.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Stralix)

"Not at all," Stralix replied. "Your design's pretty solid; it's just a by-product of the miniaturisation - the propulsion valves can't cope, and you get leakage. Very difficult to overcome, normally this kind of problem needs very expensive parts to fix."

He carefully detached a panel from the outside of the launcher, and (before Farzan could protest) shoved his hand into the machine. After a few seconds' unseen tweaking, he removed it. The launcher whirred into life, the motors emitting an even purr as a short salvo of disks flew out of the muzzle and shattered against a nearby wall. Stralix lowered the gun.

"Unless you reroute the pressure through the secondary steam conduits and reverse the valve wiring."

With a wink, he handed the launcher back to Farzan.

"Enjoy."

"Thanks" I replied as I accepted the small launcher back. Turning it in my hand, studying the device that looked an awful lot like a fancy children's toy.

"Note to self, consider adding Stralix to Naming Day Card list"

"Alright, Kreff you can come out and say hello, the big bad Skakdi's not going to hurt you, that's my job" I said, grinning at the Ussal Crab as he carefully scampered forth from behind the rack, coming forth to greet Stralix proper with his claws open.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Athiel

Athiel noticed that Qyntar had finally caught up with him. "Nice of you to join us Qyntar, but we must get going. We have suffered enough delays. To answer your question, I don't believe he introduced himself, but he was asking about you."

OOC: That Hiatus.

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

IC: Torvoth

Torvoth chuckled. "Well, that's one way to put it, my Toa friend. We were in Onu-Koro, living presumably dull and listless lives, until the spark of adventure emboldened us to venture elsewhere because... um... because... yeah," he finished eloquently. His eyes brightened under his beaten and worn Kadin-helm. "Oh! Wait 'til I tell you how we got here! So we --- rrmmmph mmph mmmm mmmfff!" His words were cut off as Ardoku reached over and covered his mouth before the Vortixx could tell anything of the Skakdi's trans-Koro tunnel.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

OOC: Timeskip, fellas, we're at next morning now

IC: Melna (Po-Koro Inn)

It was quiet.

The sort of quiet Melna liked.

Mostly still, but with the occasional sign of life bursting into existence here and there. the clinking of glasses and plates echoing from down below where bright and early tenants had their breakfast, the generic ambience of the outside as Po-Koro's citizens made their way to work, and the quiet sound of Day's methodic breathing where he lay sprawled awkwardly on his bed in an odd angle.

Melna was peering through a crack in the door, obvserving the limber Toa of Sonics as he kept snoring, his face buried in the mattress like an anchor at the bottom of the sea.

She smirked, as she called upon the power of her Kualsi, peering at a spot near his bed.

She popped into existence, looming over him with an almost malicious grin.

"Morning, sunshine"

She didn't say it very loudly, but given Day's extremely acute hearing, he probably heard her just fine and then some.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Sirius [Po-Koro Inn]

After the yesterday's show Lux introduced himself to Sirius and asked if old Vortixx wouldn't mind to give him the remaining port in the bottle. Then po-matoran has vanished in the oozy gloom of the night. Sirius haven't felt urge to follow him since he never had urge to take care of someone. He just finished his glass, rent the room and left to get some good sleep.

He woke up next day, fresh and cheerful, and limped down the stairs to be greeted by empty hall and barkeep cleaning the counter.

"Good morning!" Sirius greeted him with his benevolent grin. "Would you be so kind to tell me, good friend, if that pianist fellow that played yesterday has returned?"

Even as Ardoku slowly backpedaled with his hand pulling Torvoth over his mouth, Torvoth strained forward and gestured emphatically and possibly angrily towards the bothersome Toa. He punctuated his hand motions with clear and cogent words:

"Mmmrph mmmph mm mmmmmrr rmrphrmm hmmph!

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

OOC: And once again, I am criminally late in posting. I'm very sorry.

IC:

There are only so many ways to convince yourself that you're not a monster. The universe, on the other hand, has countless ways to contradict you.

The hot and dusty desert light peering through the one shuttered window in the room told me it was morning. I could hear the first muffled sounds of the awakening patrons, workers and barflies slowly and imperceptibly grow out of the night's silence, from the shuffling of weary feet across carved stone and wood panels up here to the harsh clinking of glasses and bottles down there. Me, my only contribution to this groggy hubbub was a rhythmical drumming of my fingers on the sandstone counter I was sitting at, my five digits sharing the space with an old and dirty picture of some monstrous freak of nature.

Wait, never mind; it was just a mirror.

I sat there, staring at the monster, at myself, at the monster. Green eyes were rimmed with a sleepless red, and a Kakama shifted position from the left to the right periodically, as if to obscure the other head in the picture.

Now you see me, now you don't...

Sleep had come sparingly to me last night; and what few hours I did get were tainted with instant-replay flashbacks to metal lizards tearing me limb from limb, guys in black armour slicing me in two, monsters with my face staring at me through windows--

At that thought, something in my mind purred, and I cringed, feeling sick. Dirty. Violated.

A night with a Parakuka will teach you a lot about it. When I think about my reflection, that one reflection, it practically glows and I can feel it grinning inside my skull. When I think about Day, it bristles, goes on edge, invades my brain with an inky darkness that's a pretty obvious attempt to induce vomiting. When I think about Melna, it purrs, and makes me feel sick inside. When I feel proud, it shivers, and when I'm ashamed, it beams.

I glanced over to the bedside table, acting as a pedestal for a full glass of port and an empty wine bottle.

It was a long night.

I heard more footsteps outside my doorway, but these ones were different. There was a spring to them, a sort of "devil-may-care" exuberance that separated them from the dragging, shuffling, suffering steps of the other occupants of this building. A pep, a joy, a bounding, running, jumping saunter to their impacts on the ground.

We're all intelligent people here; I think the person I'm discussing here is evident.

Melna's (because of course it was Melna) steps were on a direct course for Day's room. Day, Day was who I needed now. Byronic Day, enigmatic Day. Day, the Mystery Man, whose machinations of the mind were veiled in shadows blacker than his armour. We'd barely talked at all yesterday; his silent brooding had been at an all time high then. It was fine then, but now, now I needed to lay things out to him, to hear his thoughts and feelings about ... this.

I climbed out of my chair, my mind and body still numb and uncoordinated from the bottle of port circulating through my system. I felt light, even considering how I usually felt with the slug on my back. Every step was the same as the last one, and I could never quite recall the last one. Somehow or other, I made it over to the bedside table, a journey whose sole purpose was to put me within arm's reach of that last glass of port.

It's going to be a long day, I thought as I downed it, setting the cup back down and picking up my sheathed sword. Hand on the pommel, I used it to prop me up.

Slowly, I made my way downstairs, to the din of drinking and laughing. Sirius was already down, chatting amiably with the barkeep about something or other. I didn't say anything, but I gave him a polite wave as I sat down at the other end of the counter and picked up a menu.

OOC: Open for interaction.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Sirius

"He has returned before the dawn," answered the barkeep as old Vortixx limped down the last steps and towards the counter.

"Ah, good. Just wanted to be in check - such a marvelous fellow..." Sirius nodded and made a pause because Lux has appeared on the stairs and waved at him. He gave po-matoran a friendly grin. "By the way, what's the news around here this morning?"

"Tech Expo just opened," barkeep shrugged and gave Sirius a slight smile. "You might want to wait 'till the noon though, it's not much to see right now."

"A Tech Expo you say?" Is that a spark of interest that ignited in Sirius's eye? Yeah, pretty much so. "Fascinating! How could I not see such a great event coming?" he mumbled. He reached his purse and gave the barkeep some widgets. "Arrange me and my friend Lux a humble breakfast, good friend."

"Right away sir," barkeep took the money and vanished on the kitchen.

Sirius turned to po-matoran and limped towards him with his signature smile.

"Good morning!" he addressed him. "Do you mind?" he took the chair and sat against Lux at the same table. "I hope this port didn't get you in trouble yesterday, my good lad?"

Edited by The Mugbearer

IC:

I glanced up and watched as Sirius, as lean and pieced-together and grinning and weathered as ever, limped towards me, settling himself into the chair next to me as if we'd been friends for years, rather than acquaintances from a night ago. He bid me good morning and asked about the troubles that that bottle of port might've brought me, and I smiled softly while the slight throb in my brain grew to a stiletto of pain at the mention of alcohol.

"Nope, no problems yet, Mr. Sirius," I said, my fingers idly flipping through the pages of the menu. "Besides, how much more trouble can I get into after ... this."

I jerked my right shoulder slightly, drawing his attention to the slug taking up residence on my back, and chuckled humourlessly. Soon enough, though, I glanced back over at the menu and added, "Have you, uh, had anything to eat, yet? I, well, I could order you something if you were so inclined..."

-Void

Edited by Aemon Targaryen

[ BZPRPG ]

"Do not bother yourself, good friend," Sirius slightly rocked his head. "I already arranged us a breakfast, it should be at our table any moment now. And don't thank me, my lad. I must say that more than anything in this world I appreciate a beautiful technology of various origins. Also I like art, almost as much as I love exotic devices of unimaginable potential," he leaned back, laying his hat at the table and connecting his fingertips. "And yesterday, this old Vortixx has heard music that touched him on a tender spot, which, in my humble opinion, deserves appreciation," he nodded. "I am just glad to repay you for this music, my boy."

At this moment barkeep brought some simple breakfast: toasts, fried eggs and two glasses of lager beer.

"Enjoy," he said before backing up.

"Jolly good!" said Sirius with satisfaction. "Splendid, good friend. Absolutely splendid!"

IC: Ardoku

Pulling Torvoth away from the two toa, he went around a corner and put Torvoth up against the wall. "It's really hard to be patient around you when you keep doing something like that. WHY were you going to tell them about that cave? You know they told us to keep it secret. I just..."

Ardoku moved from Torvoth and stomped the ground angrily, then put his hands up to his face. "I can't believe this. I had you drag me all the way to Po-koro. I don't even like the desert. Sure, the sun is nice and warm, but all of this... SAND. It's unbearable." Ardoku was breathing heavily as he turned back to Torvoth.

"And then there's YOU!"

-------------

IC: Ior

The matoran opened his eyes. Unusual day yesterday, but never mind that. Ior got out of bed and equipped his tools; dagger, feet additions, kolhii ball, check. Out the door he went.

OOC: Ior is free for interaction

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC:

"Oh, well, thank you, sir," I said, not sure really what to say, as I set my menu back onto the table and slid my glass of lager over to the Sirius. "Here; I think a night of port may have been enough to set me on a path of sobriety for a little while..."

With that said and done, I gingerly started on my eggs; apparently sleep-deprivation, Parakuka parasitism and hangovers don't combine to forge great early-morning appetites.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"That's what you needed for that moment," Vortixx agreed and made a sip, after which he started on his own breakfast. He ate taking his time, to taste every bit of it, to enjoy this rather quiet morning. And also to have a time to plan his day.

Here's facts: he's pretty much broke thanks to the touching sentiment of which though he didn't mind, but he need to get to Onu-Koro to find that Skakdi inventor that Toa of Water has spoken about, and then there's Tech Expo in Po-Koro, which brings hope that this Skakdi fellow is hanging around, because why he wouldn't?

Sirius has finished his breakfast and first glass of lager and lit up his pipe, leaning back again, thoughtful and silent.

Edited by The Mugbearer

IC:

The eggs had mysteriously vanished soon enough, followed by the toast, both part of the greatest puzzle ever to be faced by the porcelain plate sitting in front of me. It was a strange case, and one that wasn't worth anyone's trouble for the time being. I pushed the dish, which had quickly found new partners in my fork and knife to replace the eggs and toast of old, over towards the centre of the table, and I leaned my elbows onto the surface.

Sirius appeared perfectly content to sit and smoke the day away, but I, having never been much of a smoker and not physically capable of leaning back in my chair, had half a mind to head back up to my room and wait for Day to rouse himself ... or to be roused by Melna. But, seeing as Sirius had pretty much been funding my sudden Byronic lifestyle out of his own pocket, I felt just a teensy bit indebted to him and figured it wouldn't be the nicest thing to just dine and dash.

That being said, I was not in the mood for conversation.

I passed the time drumming my fingers on the tabletop, and when the waiter came back to collect our dishes, I asked if I could get a glass of water. I made sure to toss him a couple widgets as quick as I could, before Sirius could try and continue his giving spree. Other than that, though, I was more or less silent.

Until finally, I bit the bullet and tried to engage in the most horrifying of social maneuvers; small talk.

"So ... the weather's nice, isn't it?"

I think that it's evident I didn't think this through very well.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Day

And hear her just fine Day did.

His ears clung onto every syllable they caught, ringing an alarm which sprung him out of the void, and back into a reality he didn't want any part of. He felt twenty pounds heavier than usual, and as he lay motionlessly on his bed, he could imagine himself sinking deeper and deeper into his mattress until blissful sleep would finally come to save him.

In fact, that's exactly what he was waiting for.

Only Melna wouldn't allow it.

A muffled groan escaped his pillow, right before Day rolled onto his back. He raised a heavy hand to his face, lazily rubbing his eyes though once he was finished, they remained closed.

"What are you doing in my room?"

Edited by TX Wade

IC: Day

An awkward silence dragged out for several seconds, though soon enough, Day opened his eyes. In his drowsy state, their orange light seemed dimmer than usual, lacking their usual flare and fiery passion. His gaze first drifted to Melna, then to the tray she held, and in a decision of what he'd like to stare at the most, the lion in his stomach clawed and roared, crowning breakfast in bed as the current winner.

Lazily, Day dragged himself until his back stood upright, resting against the headboard of his bed. He motioned for her to come closer and held out both hands so he could take the tray away from her.

"Thanks."

IC: Melna (Po-Koro Inn)

"No problem," Melna replied as she handed him the tray, "it was the least I could do"

"Oh, hang on a sec" she mumbled as she snatched an apple from the tray.

"This is one's for me" she explained with a playful smirk as she seated herself at the edge of Day's bed.

She didn't say anything, instead focusing her attention on the apple.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Torvoth waited until Ardoku had finished, then raised one slim black digit. "Umm, you know, I think we both agreed to head to Po-Koro together - I didn't make the decision for both of us." The Vortixx took a breath and then continued. "I know what you're getting at here, not just how I'm bothering you as a companion and how I was going to talk about the Skakdi's allegedly secret tunnel. You are doing an admirable concealing your point and beating around the proverbial bush, but you know and I know that you think that I am absolutely, ice bat dung crazy." He then held out his finger again, saying, "Don't deny it. Don't." Torvoth looked down at his hands and sighed. "Well, I'm right, aren't I?"

While he was out there thinking, Lux finished the food and asked waiter for a glass of water, and Vortixx looked okay with po-matoran paying for his water. That lasted as long as smoke kept to be fresh and strong. But then, Lux broke the silence with the most trivial question in the entire world. Sirius moved his gaze from a random spot in the space on Lux's face. It seemed that po-matoran was a bit uncomfortable in presence of his accidental well-wisher. To some extent, Sirius liked when someone felt in debt before him, as every Vortixx would. That just means that Lux would be of use for him somehow.

Sirius suddenly had a glimpse of his past: he did this not even once on the Vortixx homeland to get their help in acquiring something of a great value... but what? This knowledge so far escaped him, which caused a little bit of irritation.

But then, there was a Matoran that waited for his answer in the most awkward attempt to keep the conversation going.

"Well, it's not my favorite type of weather," he shrugged, "but so far seems good. What are your further plans, my lad? And where's your cheerful woman companion from yesterday?"

IC: Prei

What is the truth behind food? What is it about food that attracts people. Why is it held in such high regard compared to other necessities of life? What in Mata Nui's name has allowed his children to create so many different varieties of food? Such questions continue to elude us even to this day. The mystery behind food may be solved one day, far off in the future, but at the present time, it is highly unlikely that the truth will be found.

But it does not matter.

One would expect that I, a theologian, would be somebody prone to seeking knowledge of food. That is not the case. Food is simply food. In many forms it is considered divine, but in the end, the beauty of a jam doughnut is not too dissimilar from the beauty of a hot dog doughnut, even if their taste differ dramatically. I can truly accept this as fact. There is no need for more thoughts to weigh down on my mind. Such questionings can be directed towards other, more confusing, topics.

Like the nature of evil.

What is evil? It is difficult to comprehend. In essence, evil is something that is profoundly immoral and wicked, but what can be considered to be evil? Many have sought to discover its true nature, but each and every one of them have failed. Some say that the Makuta is the embodiment of evil. I disagree. While a truly horrifying being, he is but a single aspect of evil. Much like the instant noodle, the Makuta can be seen as the face of evil, but he is not it.

One will know evil when they see it. Until then, to carry out the will of Mata Nui and live justly is important.

Now. I need some doughnuts.

• Upvote 3

IC: Korru (Doughnut Stand)

If Prei wanted doughnuts, he'd be wise to get to the stand quick before the giant mass of muscle and blubber that was currently at it ate all there was.

Korru was surveying the crowd lazily in the morning sun of Po-Wahi, his mask's scope being the only thing to really do anything productive, every other aspect of his being was focused on gorging himself on the nearest edible object, which happened to be doughnuts.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...