BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: (Larikon Torchbearer)

"Then we can await for her return."

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Telne- Po-koro- Sentinel Prison

IC: A Lesterin approached the cell, the badge of the Sentinels visible on his armor. Pulling out a set of keys, he unlocked the door to the cell saying, "Sorry this took so long. We had some confusing reports about what happened. You are free to go."

OOC: Sorry this took so long guys.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Athiel

"Thank you for helping us. Could you tell us what happened to the culprit. I know it's not my place to pry but I would like to know." He stood up, smiling for the first time in a while.

OOC: Thank Mata Nui.

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

IC: Vrina

Vrina rolled her shoulders as she moved out of the cells and offers Telne a thankful dip of her head

"Thank you."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Qyntar

Qyntar had dozed off during the long wait, and was now snoring mildly, sitting by his wall.

IC: Ardoku

Ardoku smiled and began walking along Po-Koro's wall, coming upon the entrance eventually. The duo is allowed in without trouble, and soon they are walking the streets of the village of stone.

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC: Noka

Noka scanned up and down the alleyway to check no one was listening in, then whirled around and stood uncomfortably close to Khervos, so that their noses almost touched. Her hands fidgeted and scrambled for something to busy themselves with, but in vain.

"First things first," she murmured in the Matoran's face. "Who are you, and what do you know about Kuhrin?"

IC Khervos

(Po-Koro, alley):

Khervos felt uncomfortable about being so close to the other Matoran. He was involved in a relationship with someone else, after all. He ignored the feeling, instead returning his focus to getting answers... and giving some himself.

"I'm Khervos, the Private Eye", he answered. "I don't know much about Kuhrin, except that he killed a friend of my girlfriend's employer. The latter told us to seek you out."

Noka's eyes widened, and she drew back a little in horror. When she spoke, it was fractured, the many thoughts in her head spilling out into one garbled mess like many people speaking over each other. "Killed- No, he couldn't have- Alive, he's alive then? Of course, but- Oh, Kuhrin!"

She held her head in sorrow and confusion, breathing deeply and heavily. "Not now," she murmured, "not now..."

Tilting back her head, she swallowed, hard. She fought away her foggy vision, blinked, and focused. "And this is all you know?" She croaked, not looking for an answer. "It isn't like the Kuhrin I know- The Kuhrin I knew to do something like that." There was a brief silence as she gathered herself again. "What sort of information are you after, anyway?"

IC: Vhohan

"I see. And about this organization you have thought of - which Koro would it be based in?"

OOC:

Silvan, I think you missed this post.

IC: Rakona/Goran

"Goran, go pack up the wagon."

The Ta-Toa nodded, and walked off to assemble the supplies needed for the journey.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Torvoth

Torvoth looked around as they walked through Po-Koro's streets. "It's a little bit different than I expected," he said and gestured at the low-lying buildings around them. "Do you want to just split up for a little while, maybe half hour, before returning here? So that we can see the town? And more importantly, so I can fix my chainblade."

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Vrina looked at Athiel and Qyntar and offered both a dip of her head

"Been fun boys but i have no desire to continue with this escapade. If this is how quest has begun well i don't have high hopes for the rest of it and as such i am cutting my losses and skedaddling."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Athiel

"We have only been in this cell for mere hours, and you leave us? I thought you were made of sterner stuff. I hope you will reconsider, but I will not stop you." Athiel exited the cell, freed from his bonds. "Meet me at the gate if you decide otherwise." He started walking down the hall, and when he reached the end he gripped the door knob. He glanced back, and left after after grabbing his confiscated gear. Once he got outside, he noticed the sun had gone down. He put on his armor, and went on his way towards the cavern.

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

Vrina shook her head

"I have higher priorities than this. My own life is one of those priorities. However if you ever need me for something else you know where to find me."

And with that she moved towards one of the inns and completely turned her back on the group

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC Khervos

(Po-Koro, alley):

Throughout Noka's emotional breakdown, Khervos remained calm and stable, like an inviting pillar to lean on, or a bottomless well to pour all your sorrow and pain into. He had plenty of experience with handling situations like this - it came with the job.

"I'm specifically interested in anything about his past, as well as his current whereabouts", Khervos answered bluntly and clearly, not wanting to confuse the already disappointed Po-Matoran.

IC: Qyntar

Qyntar woke up, and looked around, half asleep. Suddenly noticing the lack of his group members, he jolted up, looked around with eyes wide open. "... oh karzahni!" He ran out as fast as he could, grabbing his stuff on the way, and ran out, noticing Vrina going in one direction, and Athiel going in the other.

"GUYS!!! WAIT UP!!!"

IC:

Um.

How 'bout no?

Oh, if I were a more vulgar man, I would've been having a field day here. Every profanity my little heart knew, unleashed in strings and garters and chains that would wrap around everything in this crummy little town and show the world how it really was. Oh yes Melna, I'd love to go and play piano for you right now. Sorry if you don't mind that my fingers were just talons that could shred a Kikanalo apart; I'm sure they'll still play beautiful music.

Breathe in and oh god oh god I'm so sorry.

I was shaky as I exhaled. There might've been a tremor in my right arm; the earth also could've been rumbling under my feet. It was hard to tell.

"No," I said, my voice barely above a whisper. "I'm sorry, Melna, but ... I'm sorry."

I turned to the one-eyed Vortixx, the one who asked me if I wanted a drink, and all I could say was "God yes. Anything you've got."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Melna (Po-Koro Inn)

Concern, defeat, and disappointment intermingled in Melna's face as she blinked cluelessly at Lux.

She had been so certain that this would do the trick, she really wanted to see a real smile out of the bumbling smith. His green eyes were glazed over, she could tell there was a lot going on in his head.

"Maybe... maybe some other time then" she mumbled evasively as she stood up, facing Sirius.

"I actually think I could use something too"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Sirius [Po-Koro Inn]

"Marvellous!" Sirius gave him a small laugh and put his hands on his belt. "Then all that the tender could offer is at your disposal, good friend. Of course, as long as my wallet is full." He winked to Melna and limped forward, leading the two to the counter. There he stopped and looked back at them. "So, what'll it be?"

Edited by The Mugbearer

IC:

"Port," I said, my voice as robotic as the steps I took to follow this Vortixx. It was the first alcohol that I could think of, and Mata Nui knows I needed some of that right now.

I glanced back over to Melna, watching the lines of worry entrench themselves into her face. She wanted to help, I knew that beyond a doubt; beneath every non-sequiter and request and sunshine-and-daisy piece of commentary, she genuinely wanted to help me out here. I appreciated it, don't get me wrong; but I was too tired for her right now. I couldn't manage anything beyond dull resignation to the situation.

But then I would look back at her. See her eyes watching me, filled with confusion, defeat, disappointment. Feel my heart break inside my chest like so many pieces of glass.

######, Lux.

She really wanted to help.

I needed a drink. I needed to sleep. I needed more therapy than this island had to offer. I needed ... I needed ... I didn't even know what I needed anymore.

Couldn't manage anything beyond dull resignation.

My shoulders slumped, and I let out a sign like air being released from a punctured balloon.

"Melna," I said, not really looking at anything right now. "Actually ... maybe..."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"So, what'll it be?"

"Port"

"Me too"

She reclined against the counter, hunching over it, and it seemed as if the copper nuance of her armor dulled, the lightstones in the roof blinking like ghastly mirror images in her armor, very unlike how they'd glowed with energy back in Onu-Wahi.

"Melna. Actually ... maybe..."

Her head snapped back, and her mouth opened, but it closed again as she saw the lingering look of fatigue in Lux's eyes, but she couldn't help smiling.

"Finish your drink first why don't you?

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Ibiza stood proudly atop Mangai as he watched all of Le-Wahi burn. The hundreds of thin spikes that jutted from his tan back glimmered in harsh sunlight, and his blue hands gripped a long staff that had a disk on either end of it. Any rahi that could fly took to the air and soared as fast as they could to escape the screams of all of those inside the jungle who were now burning alive. Bursts of elemental energies littered the sky as countless toa tried to stop the raging inferno. Rain poured down. Earth arose. Tornadoes swirled about, but nothing could stop the destruction. Ibiza hissed to himself as he enjoyed the fruits of his labor.

"This really just goes to show that patience, determination, and an unwavering will can accomplish anything! I wonder what chaos I'm going to cause next? Should I bring down this volcano and crash the economy of Ta-Koro? Perhaps I'll just redirect its flow into the ice plains of Ko-Wahi and melt it all down? I don't even have to use this volcano! I could-" A large explosion interrupted his monologue. "That came from Le-Koro. Makuta will be most pleased!"

For an instant, Ibiza's surroundings flashed between the volcano, and the bottom of some body of water. "Wait, Makuta hasn't spoken to me since-" Another flash, this time the watery environment lingered, and Ibiza made out more details. The water went a little less than a bio above his head, and it looked like he was a few bio away from some shoreline. The images returned to the violent destruction of Le-Wahi. "Makuta died! He never told me to destroy the island! And I never was meant to be in armor! Does this mean-" The landscape was gone.

Ibiza was no longer on Mangai. He was on a sandy floor, immersed fully into the watery image that was breaking through his senses earlier. The sudden urge for air hit him, and he scrambled to wind his way to the surface. As he breached the water's surface, he was caught up in a wave, which crashed his body on the beach. Ibiza felt exhausted. Unable to bring himself to move, Ibiza remained sprawled on the beach as the slow waves took turns bombarding his body. "What... what is this? What..." failing to stave off the urge to sleep, the slug-snake succumbed to unconsciousness and allowed his black eyes to shut.

It took several hours for Ibiza to wake up. By now, he was half submerged in the shore's sand, and was only able to free himself after some squirming.

"Okay, I just need to think. I remember being in Le-Wahi... and a lot of slithering around... I remember avoiding a Muaka... and... oh. Oh no... that time when I fell off that one ledge! I must have hit my head! And somehow that must have triggered some kind of powers! This whole time I've just been fooling myself- literally! I didn't destroy Le-Wahi! I left the jungles for... wait, where am I?" Ibiza looked around. the body of water seemed to go on forever. He deduced this to be the endless ocean. Opposite the ocean was an equally endless desert. "I must be in Po-Wahi. Wow, that must have been an incredible illusion if it brought me all the way here." Ibiza looked at the sun, which was quickly reaching the end of it's journey to the horizon. Soon it would begin to set. "I can't stay here, I might be spotted by some matoran out on the sea. I guess that leaves me no choice but to risk the desert. I'd rather die on land then die at sea, anyways." Deciding on a direction, Ibiza took off, steadily increasing the distance between him and the water.

As the sun began to set, Ibiza reached the top of a sand dune. He was tired. He had been sliding across the sands for too long, and his underside was starting to feel a little raw. He gazed down over the never-ending desert, spotting two Nui-Jaga about to fight. "Perfect" he thought. "If I could get just infect one of those rahi, I could make it take me to its nest. That'd be a great shelter for the night." Ibiza approached the two scorpions, who were so engaged in each other that they failed to notice his presence. One was had purple markings, and appeared to be larger than the other one, which sported light blue markings. the two danced around each other, their gaze unblinking as they each watched the other's eyes. Claws ready and stingers poised to strike, the blue Nui-Jaga made the first move, hurling its tail towards the bulk of the purple one. The stinger crashed into the sand as the purple Nui-Jaga jumped to the side. It retaliated by sending claw directly into the face of the blue one. "Great," Ibiza noted, "I like the purple ones better anyways. It looks like this fight will be over soon." Reeling back in pain, the blue scorpion charged again, this time sending both claws into the arms of its foe while it jabbed again at it. the purple scorpion proved its strength, though, as it caught the oncoming claws and stinger in its own respective claws and stinger. It became a wrestling match as the two scorpions pushed against each other, desperate to break through the other's strength and deliver a killing blow. The purple one once again demonstrated its superiority a it started unleashed burst after burst after burst of its venom. It seemed to douse the blue Nui-Jaga's entire face in the blinding liquid. It screeched in pain as it felt its eyes sizzle and fizz, but it refused to give up. In one quick instant, it jumped back, allowing the full force of the foe's stinger to slam down into the sand. Before it could react, the blue scorpion rushed forward again and sank its jaws onto the adversaries tail. The Purple rahi attempted to counter by ending the double arm wrestling match and reaching for the injured face that was clenched on its most powerful weapon. The blue Nui-Jaga was ever-quicker though, and released its bite, causing the purple rahi to slam its claws into its own injured tail. Without hesitation, the blue stinger came crashing down again and again on the other Nui-Jaga until it was stabbing at a motionless hulk.

"No. Way. There is no way! How did the smaller one win!" Ibiza started moving towards the victor. "Just my luck, now I have to ride around on a small, blue Nui-Jaga. I'll be the laughing stock of the Kraata world!" As Ibiza approached the scorpion, he saw that it was wounded. "Oh no, its eyes are completely destroyed. It's blind! I can't use a blind rahi! Unless..." Ibiza wasted no time infecting the Nui-Jaga's kanohi. It quickly jumped on its target, and while the scorpion started panicking and throwing its appendages everywhere, Ibiza stayed focused, and after several seconds, the creature was subdued. "Now comes the hard part," thought the kraata, as he took his place on his new servant's back. Ibiza put himself into the mind of the Nui-Jaga, and created an illusion exactly alike the surroundings. "There. I'll just be the eyes to my pet, and in return it can be my everything else." Ibiza stopped thinking to himself, and began giving out orders. "I am your mater now, Rahi. My first command is for you to take me to your home or nest or whatever you call it." the scorpion complied, and began scuttling away, just as the moon began to rise.

OOC: I hope everyone enjoyed the read! MUCH much more to come!

• Upvote 2

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

IC: Sirius [Po-Koro, Inn]

"Port it is!" concluded Vortixx and addressed the bartender: "Good friend, provide us three glasses and a bottle of port wine, won't you?"

He double-checked his purse to discover one hundred and sixty widgets. That should cover the drinks very well, but will leave no more than ten coins, which was not great. But Sirius didin't care, as he knew that he can easily earn more money. Perhaps, a laser pistol at the side of occasional merchant would sound like a good idea?

Meanwhile, bartender nodded and turned his back to find a bottle and glasses.

"Shall we find a table or you'd prefer to sit by the counter, good friend?" Sirius looked at Lux.

OOC: Great writing, Ibiza. =)

Edited by The Mugbearer

She shook her head. "I haven't seen him in... Oh, a very long time." For a moment she dwelt upon her thoughts, contemplating the sanity in telling this total stranger all about her Ghost of Christmas Past. As if you ever tried to be sane before, she pointed out. What is there to lose?

"It's a long and difficult story to tell," she warned Khervos. "You'd better come back to my hut - I promise I won't murder you or anything." She smirked slightly at her own dark humour.

Edited by Wotsiznaim

IC Khervos

(Po-Koro, alley):

Khervos considered this, then realized that he's left Tuli at the inn. He couldn't just leave her behind, but at the same time he felt Noka would feel nervous around two Matoran at once, especially since the other would be a female. He would go alone and tell Tuli later what had happened.

"Alright, let's go", Khervos said. He made the point of ignoring Noka's black humor joke.

IC:

"The counter's good," I said, idly watching the bartender place the bottle and glasses onto the wooden surface. "Unless one of you guys wants to sit at a table..."

I poured out the drinks, took mine in my hand, nursed it, tried not to think. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I was certain that this was the first step on the path to raging alcoholism in me, but I was having trouble caring. Let come what may, I've already seen the worst of it. My lifespan's been cut short, what else can I do but try my hand at making the most of what I've got left. Carpe diem and all that jazz. You know what I mean; basically Melna's philosophy of life.

I took another sip of port, felt the burn of spirits down my throat. I glanced over at Melna's object of attention, trying to wrap my head around how she thought it help me. Thought my maybe that playing some music might soothe my angst-ridden soul? It hadn't cured my amnesia; I doubted that it could cure my grief.

Still...

I sipped my port, and figured what the ######. No harm in trying.

I set my glass back down on the counter, glanced over at my one-eyed Vortixx pal, said, "Save my drink for me, would you?"

My feet hit the floor.

Breathe in.

"I'll be right back."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Melna didn't wait long with her own drink, and it was gone in two seconds flat.

"Oh joy" she squealed quietly to herself. Seems like it was going to work after all.

As Lux approached it, Melna stood forth, into the limelight. Heads turned, at least one whistle could be heard, Melna ignored it as she looked over the patrons of the small bar with a solemn pattern set in her face.

"This is for my friend Lux" she said.

"Hit it, maistro"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Noka lived a short distance out of town with her grandfather in a lonely-looking hut by the road. A box-like shape as opposed to the customary dome, many sections on its bricked walls were covered by black wood faded to a dull grey from years of weathering in the sand. All of the windows featured opening shutters in the same material, through which lay crimson curtains, all of which were closed.

"Here we are," Noka said softly as they arrived, making sure to keep her distance. "Grandfather was once a very welcoming Turaga, but he's grown bitter. So you'll have to keep as quiet as possible until we reach my room, got it?" With a final finger-to-the-lips, she stepped forward and opened the door, ushering Khervos inside before she closed it again, quietly.

Khervos crossed the threshold into a central room, the largest in the house, which was comprised of a slight step down into a square indent in the floor, like an arena, in the centre of which was a circular column carved from stone, surrounded by six smaller columns, acting as a dining table and chairs. Around the edge of the arena were three doorways with similar curtains to those seen in the windows from outside. One set of curtains was open, and through it could be seen a study of some sort. The other two, Khervos could only assume, led to Noka's and her grandfather's bedrooms.

The two of them crossed the arena to about halfway, Khervos on his tiptoes, and Noka walking quietly, when a withered, hateful voice like two great rough stones being ground together erupted from behind the far left curtain. "Noka? What are you doing back so early?!"

"I'm just grabbing a few things, grandfather," Noka responded as sweetly as possible, trying to hide the resentment in her voice.

"Well keep it down, child! I'm busy!"

She narrowed her eyes at the curtain, then pressed on, guiding Khervos across to the curtain on the right. Behind the curtain was a door made of a thicker, different wood than that of the shutters and repairs on the outside, which she shut behind them as they entered.

"Right then," she breathed a sigh of relief, taking a seat on her bed and inviting Khervos over to sit as well. "Where to begin?"

IC Khervos

(Po-Koro, Noka's place):

Khervos breathed a sigh of relief. Noka's grandfather sounded like a lot to deal with, but luckily he hadn't been forced to meet him yet. The time might come later, but now it was time to get some answers - the essence of being a Private Eye.

Khervos sat down beside Noka, facing him and maintaining the expression of a professional detective on his mask. His look was friendly and assuring, but serious at the same time. It was almost as if he was taking control of the situation with his every breath, as he prepared to question the Po-Matoran. "First, you could start off by telling me how you know Kuhrin", he suggested.

IC Tuli

(Po-Koro, Inn):

While Khervos was talking with Noka elsewhere, Tuli left her room at the inn to look for her boyfriend. He had been absent too long already. However, she could not spot him anywhere in the bar or the lobby. He had utterly vanished.

"Oh, great..."

OOC: Tuli open for interaction at the Po-Koro Inn.

OOC: recommended listening

IC: Melna and Lux (Po-Koro Inn)

The light fell, Melna's copper armor making her entire form shine and turn ethereal, she drew a strong breath as she heard the notes ring in her ears. She could practically feel Lux's skillful fingers playing their tune, like they'd doubtlessly done so many times before. It was a reassuring feeling to have him with her, and it made away with any stage nerve she might have felt.

She closed her eyes, joining the crowd as they reveled in the opening notes, bringing their attention to the pair. And then she brought her voice to bear, a soft, gentle voice with a strong life to it filling the inn with the sweet sound.

It's nine o'clock on a saturday

The regular crowd shuffles in

There's an old man sitting next to me

Making love to his tonic and gin

Melna gestured slightly to the old Vortixx over at the bar, Sirius, as she continued.

He says 'son, can you play me a memory'

'I'm not really sure how it goes'

'But it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete'

'When I wore a younger man's clothes'

It looked like Melna was having a good time. Which was good; at least one of us was.

I, on the other hand, was having a Karz of a time getting these notes to do what I wanted out of them.

Sing us a song, you're the piano man,

Sing us a song, tonight,

Well, we're all in the mood for a melody,

And you've got us feeling alright.

My rhythm was odd, it was off; my fingers were too slow, too clumsy. I felt like a rusted machine trying to perform open-heart surgery on a Dust Darter. Don't even get me started on the stares, the looks from the puzzled patrons. I guess it wasn't everyday that they saw a man with a slug on his back. Did I hate them for it? Pity them? Envy them?

And he's quick with a joke, or to light up your smoke,

But there's someplace that he'd rather be.

Breathe in. C'mon mate, just breathe in.

Melna was enjoying herself, and it showed. She let the words flow soothingly from her mouth as her ever-curious eyes spied the patrons, seeing the unrivaled attention they gave her as she brought them the tale of a man beaten down by life, weaving hints and glimpses of this man into the melody as it flowed.

And she knew that many of them saw a little of themselves, too.

An old Lesterin in the corner was wiping the tears away with a somber smile, and a much younger Matoran was staring with a dazzled and awestruck expression. For the old man it was a way to remember, for the young one a way to hope and dream. She felt her spirits take the last step to the top, her copper armor blinking like lanterns again as she let the story continue.

She saw the many patrons, in their various states of weary resignation and disgruntled dissatisfaction with the ways of the world, and she felt their connection. They too had come here to forget, to not think about the problems they had to deal with for a while.

Tired, confused folk were they, and on this night they would get to hear their plight in song, for Melna too had in her own way come to forget, and so she weaved it into the tale.

And the waitress is practicing politics

As the businessman slowly gets stoned

Yes they're sharing a drink they call loneliness

But it's better than drinking alone

My fingers flew across the keys, blurs of yellow overtop hard lines of black and white. There was a familiar buzz in my muscles, a series of tics and twitches that brought about something resembling beauty. Lady Luck seemed to have shown herself, and I rode the waves that she made in her wake, too caught up in the moment to tell her off for having abandoned me two days ago.

Sing us a song tonight,

And you've got us feeling all right.

I pounded those monochromatic lines like I was butchering a Mahi; every note was another drop of poison drawn from a wound. I poured my despair into that song. Everything I hated, every part of life I wanted to surgically remove from myself, everything that was painful or sad or broken, that song swallowed up and turned into beauty. It was my roar against the heavens. It was my big two fingers up against a slug who wanted me to break before it.

And the piano, it sounds like a carnival,

And the microphone smells like a beer,

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar,

And say 'Man, what are you doing here?'.

I played piano like my life depended on it.

Which, metaphorically speaking, it kinda did.

Sing us a song tonight,

And you've got us feeling all right.

I stepped away from the instrument, the song over, the grief subsided. Still present but ... y'know.

I breathed out. I might have smiled. I couldn't be sure, though.

But I might have.

• Upvote 2

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"Right," Noka replied, a little smile sneaking onto her face in fond memory of days gone by. "It was ages ago, really. When the Charred Forest was just the Forest, and people were too naive to really understand the danger of the darkness over us. I used to take dance classes in Ta-Koro. More just to have an excuse to get away from here, but I enjoyed it.

"Anyway, we used to practise outside from time to time, when other people needed to use the studio. We were just over the hill from where the lava farmers used to work, and one of them would scive off of work to watch us dance. He had these incredible eyes, these powerful, perceptive green eyes, like he could see right inside you. And I suppose, him seeing inside me, and all the pain and twisted broken thoughts and feelings and all the filth of my soul, and then coming back day after day like it didn't matter, I grew to admire him.

"So I went to talk to him eventually. I asked him why he was watching us, and he shrugged, all shy. It caught me off guard - I guess I expected him to be some kind of overconfident, reckless adventurer that watches girls dance because he doe what he wants. Instead he was sort of awkward and sheepish, and that was sort of... Cute, I guess.

"Eventually I got him talking, and things got better and better between us, and then one day everything came crashing down. I don't know what it was that made him do it, it was just... He got some kind of infection on his hand, and nobody understood what to do about it. Slowly, as time went on, the realisation dawned on him that it was going to spread and maybe kill him, and that fury and anger at how unfair the world was started to consume him. I felt I knew him less and less each day, and he became more and more volatile, and violent. He had lost his job, you see, him and his friend, Krell. They had bent the rules out of shape and their boss just laid them off. He felt like his whole life was crashing down around him, and when he looked at me, he looked right through me, like he had finally left this astral plane and I was nothing anymore, just a memory, a thing that existed in the horrible cruel world.

"He joined the Guard before long, and I followed. I figured it would be the only way to see him again. Except it just made him start to despise me. I was clingy and needy, a stupid rock headed Po-Matoran that couldn't get it into my thick skull what a bleak awful place the world was. When he would say stuff like that, I would just boil up, ready to explode. He didn't know the first thing about suffering, and sorrow. He had everything he could ever want, the darkness was within him. Now, I wish I had said that to him before the Battle for Kini-Nui.

"One of his squadmates, Traxin, disappeared during the battle, and was marked down as MIA. He never got a proper funeral or any kind of memorial as one of the deceased. Traxin was simply forgotten as if he were just a pawn in a huge game played by the authorities. He lost it - after that, I barely saw him again. Eventually, he too was marked down as MIA. I thought he was dead, and it has crippled me inside to know that I failed to save him, to convince him that it's all okay. I suppose it's hard to tell people those things when you don't even believe them yourself."

Noka took a deep breath, and tilted her head back, attempting to stop the tears from flowing. "Kuhrin... I can't believe he's alive, and that he... He..."

IC Khervos

(Po-Koro, Noka's place):

Whatever Khervos had expected to hear from Noka, this was far from it. There was apparently some love or just attraction involved in Noka's memories of Kuhrin, a murderer who had mercilessly killed a Matoran in cold blood. Khervos sighed, though only mentally: this was going to be a complicated case.

"Kuhrin has changed from the days you knew him", Khervos said, trying to sound as sympathetic as possible. "I can understand what you must have felt about him before... but he is now wanted for murder, Noka."

Khervos waited a short while for the truth to sink in, then added: "Do you have any idea where he might be hiding? Any typical place he liked visiting, for example?"

Sirius took his glass and saluted to Lux, after that he took a sip. Port was a strong enough drink for old Vortixx to like it. It reminded him if his past days on Xian homeworlds...

"Save my drink for me, would you?"

This question brought Sirius back to reality and he nodded to Lux, giving him a smile.

"I'll keep my eye on it," he said with a short laugh and then followed Po-Matoran and Melna with his gaze until they got on the scene as he turned around and leaned on the counter with a glass still in his hand.

"My, that would be wonderful evening!" Vortixx said quietly, giving the two a grin of approval and prepared to listen.

The music and song were... wonderful. He rocked his head slightly from side to side. When Melna gestured to him, old sailor rose his glass and gave her a slow polite nod of gratitude. Then the melody grew and they continued, and everything in the inn stood still and got quiet as they listened to majestic voice of Melna and the music that her friend was playing. Somehow Sirius managed to have a glimpse of his mask's expression: Lux was concentrated, he was all in that music.

But then, when the song was over, he stood up and backed from the piano, and Sirius could swear he saw perplexity and happiness on his face. Yes, that helped. Vortixx admitted that he underestimated Melna's idea. That was the right medicine in mixture with the good ol' port.

And as both Melna and Lux stood still, watching the crowd, Sirius was the first to stand up and begin to clap his hands. That was a prolonged applause they honestly earned.

Edited by The Mugbearer

IC: (Larikon Torchbearer)

Larikon stared into the dying flames. The others would awaken soon, and he'd direct them as he'd done so many times before. They'd build the walls, dig down, smoke meats. Day in and day out. Months before, he would have been planning the destruction of Onu-Koro, gathering an army. He would have been the warlike leader he had wanted to be from the start. But Darkmine's fall had haunted him. He had most likely betrayed it, by letting the guard go.

He had given his home to the Ussalry, his fortress. And what had he came to, a ruin? The shock of it all humbled Larikon, ever slightly. He wouldn't lead the group to isolation once again, nor would he send them on a suicidal offensive, and see Blackrock burn again. He'd balance it out, in a way. He'd gather members from other Wahi's, plant distract and mislead the heathens, and wait for the time to strike. He would still be the man to bring light to island, just it would be later than expected. Much later.

Mata Nui would be his, but he realized he needed to first take it by dagger than sword.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC. Tuara/Kaiaka
Kaiaka snatched the Kohlii ball in mid-air and landed unfazed on his feet. This was life. He could hear the crowds all shouting his name, there was only one thing stopping him from eternal fame and glory, that was the goalkeeper. "Kaiaka? Hello? Mata-Nui to Kaiaka, anybody read me? Kaiaka barely heard him, this was his chance, to reestablish his Kohlii prowess in the great stadium of Po-Koro itself, now was his moment to shine. He charged the amused goalkeeper eyes lowered, jaw set. The fans were going crazy. He was now only feet from the goal and his moment of glory. He never paused, instinct had taken over. He swing is Kohlii stick with the full force of his tiny body. But the Kohlii ball never moved. He had missed. Or so thought the gleeful goalkeeper who now widely charged the off balanced forward. But this was all part of the plan. Kaiaka used his momentum to swing him 180 degrees, just enough for his heel to collide full force with Kohlii ball, sending it rocketing past the floundering keeper. Kaiaka turned and beat his chest at the empty stadium. He saw the Turaga, Matoran, Toa, all standing in wild applause. But his glory moment was interrupted by the spread-eagled keeper.
"It would be worthy of a medal to miss from that distance." He chortled with a grin.
"Shut up Tuara, they are just about to hand me the grand trophy" Kaiaka returned.
"What" The grand trophy? How could I be missing this? No doubt being given by some attractive Vu-Matoran?"
This seemed to only deepen Kaiaka's day dreaming. But then,
"OUCH!!!!" Shouted Kaiaka. He knew that feeling, it was a Kohlii ball to the head. He turned and glared at his hysterical defender. "How dare you interrupt the Grand Kohlii tournament trophy ceromony?"

"Come on Kaiaka, if you had missed that shot Turaga Akni would have made you do thirty laps."

"Ah, and if you had allowed fifty."

"Well he's not here anyways so we'd better get a move on. I have a feeling that "under repairs....KEEP OUT" Means don't come in even to imagine the Tropy Ceromony."

"You're probably right, but it isn't like we couldn't pay any fine they asked."

"But money is money so help me gather the Kohlii balls."

Kaiaka and Tuara quicly gathered up the scattered Kohlii balls and placed them in there sack.

"Come on!" Joked Tuara, shouldering his Kohlii stick. "We'd better go before they give Waihi a parking ticket"

Togther they scrambled onto the back of a jet black Ussal Crab calmly blowing enormus bubbles.

"Com'on Waihi, take us home."

"Oh wait, we need a new Kohlii ball, you lost one at Le-Koro the other day remember?

"Right, to the market place then, we need some knew rags for polishing our sticks anyways."

Tuara urged on the old Ussal, who expressed his distast with a loud grunt, and both the Matoran recognized the foul smell of Ussal dung.

OOC. If anyone wants to interact go ahead.

buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

Want to play all the Lego games? Click Here

IC: Torvoth

Torvoth strode off without another word. As he had told Ardoku, he had never been in Po-Koro before. He had no idea where to go, so he simply shouted aloud, "Anyone know where I can find a blacksmith? An engineering shop?"

OOC: Torvoth looking for blacksmith/engineer.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?