BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

OOC: Wow, I really need to be more active!!!!

IC Kigta:

I get up out of a daze, with a bamboo disk next to me deep in the jungle. I shrug the dead vines off, and hear voices-that Toa and some other Matoran. I slowly creep towards them, hearing them reference me. "Excuse me, who are you?" I begin to ask before that Ice Toa punches me in the face out of surprise...and that Ga-Matoran from the bushes shoots me a couple times with bamboo disks. I sigh in annoyment...before I slip back into unconsciousness. 

OOC: Yeah, those vines aren't in the story any more... they're dead... since they apparently broke RP rules. :P

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC Izzun

"Well, this guy *Moves right shoulder* knows something about what happened to this guy *Moves left shoulder* and that whole infection thing. So, he wakes up, we find out what thingy is, and we're outta here to find a doctor who would be most knowledgeable in that area."

IC Kigta

I awake in a blur, with another small dent in my Kualsi and a group of Matoran/Toa gathered around me. I sit up, and am in the middle of an eerie silence. I decide to be the first to blink. "So... who are all of you, and what do you want from me?"

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC: Akhulii

When the Bo-toa made no move to shake his hand or tell his name, Akhulii dropped his own hand and frowned. Well this one sure has attitude...

But he remembered the task he was looking to hire this one for, and tried on his best smile. "How pleasant to meet you!"

He looked over at the unconcious Le-Matoran and saw the strange vines wrapped around his body sort of wither and crumble to dust.

"Interesting. It appears that whatever infection he had was temporary. We still ought to do a careful check up on him, to see if it possibly still lingers inside him. It could be a defensive move to protect the virus."

When he saw Izzun sling the matoran over his shoulder, Akhulii commented, "I'd be careful with that one. The last thing we need is an outbreak..."

"Now, I'll let all of you know that I worked as a nurse before I quit to work for myself, which I may add was the greatest decision I ever made in my life, but I do have experience with doing check-ups on patients so I should be able to do the same for this one. I'm quite out of practice, but I did repair a foot to working order just days before, so I shouldn't completely mess up on a simple check-up. I would still reccommend us getting to the Koro if possible and seeing a real doctor as well, but from what me and Ryzen have seen we're not sure if everything's okay there and if we can go in. Anyone have an idea as to what's going on?"

Suddenly the matoran woke up and Akhulii wasn't sure how to respond to his question.

IC Kigta:

"My name is Kigta." I tell the Ko-Toa after he asks about the fate of that other Matoran. "And the other Matoran was infected by the vines that controlled me earlier. They have complete control over everything in it's clutches - Matoran, Toa, Rahi - and the infection is passed along merely by touch." I see Izzun looking at himself worriedly. "Don't worry, Toa. It takes a couple of seconds to get infected. Your icy touch killed them, as it is." He sighed in relief.

"Now, what about these beetles? I've been waiting for some adventure."

IC Kigta

"You probably wouldn't need to freeze them, Izzun, since we already have 2 Toa and 2 Matoran - 3 if that guy wakes up." I say to one of the Ko-Toa. "We can just use the power of teamwork!"

Campy 80s TV show theme music plays in background.

"Who the heck is doing that?!" I ask. It immediately silences.

Toa Tukeli

Currently: Assessing the situation

Interacting With: Trava, ect [open]

Mood: emotionless

IC: ''Beetles, indeed.''

The first time the Lesterin spoke, it wasn't too concerned by it.  The voice sounded a little familiar, but it wasn't until her name was called that she turned her head to look at its owner.  Surprise immediately swiped over her face, although she soon regained her usual neutral expression.  ''It's... Trava, right? Hello, again.''  She glanced back towards Kiru, who was still tied to a tree. '''He's... tree-bound.  I'll untie him everquick.  Where are you and... these others headed?''

((ooc: pardon my Treespeak. I keep forgetting, and I haven't written with it in a while. lD))

OOC: Haha, no worries. I'm no better myself.

IC: Trava (Outside Le-Koro)

"Good girl" Trava thought silently as she saw Tukeli untie her mount. Another victory scored in the fight for freedom.

"We're going to help take care of those beetles I mentioned, you know the ones that are eating up the entire forest. The Gukko Force welcomes anyones who will help"

IC: Alfon

"Going up!"

The moment I felt Exa's foot in my hands, my knees sprung and I lifted him with all the strength I could muster. He weighed less than Aparangi, which probably meant a slightly better boost in his case but nothing significant enough to send him flying. I'd need a Pakari for that. 

In fact, I could have really used one at the time. It was Colx's turn, and the man was a muscled gorilla missing a bit of his chin. Freaky, I know, but the point there was that he weighed about as much as I squatted. Nothing I couldn't handle, but not an easy task either.

"Haul me up after this is done. You ready?"

IC: Colx (Secret Arena)

I couldn't help but grin a bit as I let Alfon hoist me up by my clawed feet. Vrina was still nowhere to be seen, if she wasn't still out, she was probably taking care of things her way.

"'least you put my advice to good use" I remarked as I reached down after him.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Kigta:

I realize none of the others have my incredible talent for breaking the fourth wall, and thus ignore Lain's comment (I guess I look crazy to them now, but that doesn't matter).

"We should probably go and fight those..." Immediately, we all hear the sounds of thousands of tiny little legs scurrying across the forest floor. Trees are falling all around us, and tensions grow. The now-awake infected Le-Matoran screams and runs for cover, but he is crushed by a falling tree. We are soon surrounded by an army of...

"...beetles."

OOC: Because I just had to bring the fight to us.  :afro:

Edited by Dallior08

Akhulii almost screamed with terror as the beetles aproached. He was horrified by the sight of a matoran crushed by a half eaten tree, and grabbed his bamboo disk from the ground. He stuck closer to Ryzen, the only one he particularly trusted or knew at the moment. "Run, or fight? To be honest I'm voting for run, but if you guys can hold them off with your powers, I'll be here too... I guess."

Akhulii had been in trouble before, such as with the carnivorous plant that tried to eat him, but this was different. This horde was what managed to evacuate an entire Koro. Could they really hope to stand against it?

IC Kigta:

I was more scared than you could ever  imagine. When Akhulii asked whether to fight or run, I was all for run, but had to wait for the Toa. Izzen seemed to be concentrating on something... so I held my ground, grabbing the dead Matoran's dagger. I looked at the Toa again. "What do we do?"

OOC: mind if I throw a Turaga into the mix?

The Le-Wahi jungle was not one of Turaga Haki's favourite places on the island, but he had felt compelled to travel this way, and he had always followed these whims, as they often took him to where he needed to be. As he came I to a clearing, a large tree came crashing down, and a gathering of Toa and Matoran staring at a rapidly advancing swarm of beetles. "Mata Nui, you certainly know how to best test us." He thought to himself and stepped forward.

OOC: Sweet, a Turaga! Wassup, UltimoScorp?

IC Kigta:

As I awaited our imminent doom, a Turaga ran out of the shadows. I help him into the makeshift circle we had created as we fought back the bugs. "Who are you?" I ask cautiously. "You certainly picked one heck of a time to show up!"

IC Kigta:

"I don't know if those herbs will do much against these. They've managed to evacuate Le-Koro itself, but if you think they'll work..."

OOC: Meh, just try the herbs anyway.

UPDATE: Typo fix

Edited by Dallior08
  • Upvote 1

IC HAKI: "They will do for now, my friends," he said, finally pullin a strange spiky plant and what appeared to be bits of dead grass from his satchel. Using what little elemental power remained to him, he quickly ground the plants to a finely mixed powder, and sprinkled it in a circle around them, then tossed the remaining in the air to lightly cover everyone. "If I am correct, this should make them go around us, rather than overwhelming us here. Mata Nui willing, that is."

• Upvote 1

IC Sanguivox:

"That's a yes for flash-freezing!" I say, as the powder has had no effect on the beetles. "Do it now, you fool!"

OOC: Yeah, the powder does not work due to forum rules. :S

• Upvote 1

IC: Alfon

"Never skip leg day." I said, reaching for the Skakdi's hand. I gripped it firmly, watching the ground disappear beneath my feet as he hauled me up effortlessly. Most of the audience had already scattered by the time I hit the stands, spectators fleeing in confused panic and pushing past mooks making their way towards us. There weren't many, but there would be more if we didn't move fast enough.

"Let's move!"

OOC: Hatty, do you wanna RP your mooks or do we just write our way straight to the Reveler?

• Upvote 1

IC Kigta:

I look at Ryzen with a mix of confusion and terror in my eyes. "They're not just some bugs, they're Entropy Beetles. They destroyed Le-Koro completely, and yo're calling them some bugs?!"

• Upvote 1

OOC: Haha, no worries. I'm no better myself.

IC: Trava (Outside Le-Koro)

"Good girl" Trava thought silently as she saw Tukeli untie her mount. Another victory scored in the fight for freedom.

"We're going to help take care of those beetles I mentioned, you know the ones that are eating up the entire forest. The Gukko Force welcomes anyones who will help"

Toa Tukeli

Currently: Assessing the situation

Interacting With: Trava, ect [open]

Mood: emotionless

IC: Inside, Tuki's heart skipped a beat at the sense of urgency and need; she supposed this was what a Toa was meant to do, but that didn't make it easy.  Still, she might as well play the part as long as she was one.  ''I'll help.''  she responded simply as she guided Kiru over to the group.  ''You have a plan, Trava?''  Tukeli certainly didn't have one... she'd always been more of a follower than a leader.  Either way, this was her home, and she would do anything to protect it.  Though it would be nice to live to see tomorrow.  She wasn't sure what these beetles were, or what they could do.  Perhaps this time, it would be enough to know that they were the enemy.

Edited by Pancake
  • Upvote 1

"a b c d e f g, Rahkshi are my enemy.

Some are black, some are blue.

That one's chewing on my shoe.

Now I'm running for my life,

One of the Rahkshi has a knife!"

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

Akhulii was confused. He believed the toa were strong and could hold back the entropy beetles for a little while, but he was no toa and couldn't be sure of these creature's power.

Akhulii was surprised by the turaga's sudden appearance, and took whatever little comfort he could in whatever wisdom could be provided here. He also appreciated the turaga's skill/knowledge in alchemy. Akhulii himself focused on the more medicinal and periodical type of brewery, but he liked the idea of having someone else around that spent their time on something other than beating rahi and other beings. He wasn't sure of the turaga's formula and if it would work. These beetles seemed really dangerous, and could require a special one for their breed.

The turagas idea of running away seemed a lot more comfortable to Akhulii, but where would they flee to? The jungles weren't safe and who knew if whatever was left of Le-Koro could be safe yet. "What tells us that Le-Koro will be any less deadly than facing the swarm here? Is there any place else, any other options?"

As he said this, another tree fell as the swarm got dangerously close. Akhulii felt that this day was only about to get worse.

Edited by Banana Gunz
  • Upvote 1

IC Haki: Haki looked to the frightened Matoran. "Young one, though the perils of Le-Koro are great, we must find out if there are any survivors. I imagine that most of this horde are moving through the jungle, and Le-Koro should be relatively...passed over. Regardless, it is our duty to help those fleeing and find them safe haven."

OOC: Wise Turaga is a little difficult to write, I gotta say.

• Upvote 1

OOC: Time to get back into this... I was busy with election day.

IC Izzun

"Stand clear!" Izzun shouted, for he knew just how powerful his ice was. He simply threw a small, icy sphere into the bugs as he flicked a snowflake high above them. In three seconds, the ball shattered open, and the ground under them became frost, and the snowflake quickly escalated into a freezing sleet, freezing the little insects solid and burying them under the ice.

"They're not going to hibernate peacefully." Izzun said. "If they were bigger, I would rip them in two. Now, let's go to the Koro!"

IC Izzun

"first of all," Izzun stated, walking with the others across the frozen beetle stream, "We're going to take away the rest of these bugs. Oh, finding them won't be an issue." He pointed to his face. "Thermal imaging vision. Anyway, then we take care of greeny here, *Shakes left shoulder holding the green Le-Matoran* and try to see if anyone still remains In the Koro. Then, I'm for lunch. We could go get some subs afterwards."