BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Akhulii

Akhulii grunted and continued walking. "I like the wild, but it feels like I'm being trapped in here. Just look at this place!" Akhulii was right, for the forest around them was slowly transitioning into a palace of jungle with tall columns of trees supporting a colorful canopy. It was difficult to see the sky through the jungle roof.

Akhulii abruptly stopped and put his hands on his hips. He ran up a fallen, sloping tree trunk and overlooked the area. "I think I ought to start looking for some herbs here. I think I can see some interesting flowers over there!" He dove off the log in their direction.

IC (Sisk): 

"Oh don't you much-worry about that." Sisk replied. He could hear the disapproval in Trava's voice, but as a tamer, he knew a thing or two about treating Rahi right. Seeing as the first groups of birds were all carrying passengers now, he gave a sharp whistle, and the first wave took off.

Just then, another bird, one he had not seen at the nest, landed next to him. However, he recognized the rider instantly. 

"Verdi! Where'd you come-arrive from, friend?"

OOC: If you need a quick lift to the action, just write you hitched a ride with the Gukko. It's not a necessity, but a good explanation for how your characters got there in a short amount of time =)

--------------------

IC (Aparangi):

The dark Toa slammed into his 'opponent'. The other Toa made a good show of fighting back, hitting him hard on the back as Aparangi kept driving them forward with his legs, across the arena and closer to the far side. The Reveler's mooks were spread throughout the spectators ranks, but here they were thickest, since their boss was watching from nearby. With one final shove, Aparangi had Alfon against the inner wall of the arena. The next step would be to get over it. For that they would need to work together. A well-timed throw or lift would be best, but there was no time to devise it properly right now, they would need to improvise.

Aparangi raised a fist, looking the other Toa in the eye. "Ready?" he asked.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Varan

Though he had stayed mostly quiet, the interaction between the other Toa made him... uncomfortable, for some reason. He shook it off - the only thing important was getting Anhar to Obsidian; they would know what to do with him, more than any "official" prison or rehab center.

Still, Varan realized that he was experiencing a twinge of jealousy.

IC, Verdi: "Oh, you know, I've been flying around with Ajax here," said the Bo-Matoran, patting the bird's neck. "And then after I get back from patrol, I overhear this Lesterin talking about how there's beetles eating trees. Next thing you know, the Force is trying to get volunteers out to where the beetles are, and so here I am to help!"

IC: Rune

She decided to ignore Detrix, and instead turned her head towards the more sober Toa.

"What do you say Varan? Should we check out the Koro?"

A large troup of Matoran were approaching them hurriedly through the underbrush.

"Looks like the village is forgoing an evacuation." she added. Her right arm twitched slightly.

Akhulii was bent over the foreign specimen of flower. His eyes were wide and he was inching around it carefully. "I must get a sample of this one! The petal colors show that it probably has tons of neurocides!"

He bent down and bagged it, when he was suddenly distracted by another tall fern off to the side. He jumped up and ran over to investigate that one! "This place is paradise!"

IC: Alfon

Before I knew it, my back was against the wall. I'd been so busy fending off Aparangi that I barely noticed how quickly we'd been approaching the stands until my back hit hard stone. Things were already moving so fast that I barely had the time to register it, and my mind was rushing to prepare itself for what came next.

"Ready?"

I nodded, giving him the go. He bolted forward with his fist raised like he was about to punch me but the moment he got close enough, I dropped my sword and dropped to the ground, forming a foothold with my hands. It was a little last second, but he adjusted as well as I'd hope, stepping into my hands before I hauled him upwards with as much strength as I could muster.

One glance back confirmed that Aparangi had made it. I couldn't help but hoot.

"Your turn!" I said, ready to give Exa a lift.

OOC: Mortem from Ko-Wahi...

IC: (Venemi/Le-Koro)

"The Wasp" was sitting in her humble abode, throwing knives at a target, as people often do when they have nothing better to do...or she did, at least...

There was a knock at the door, or more like a thump.

Moving cautiously towards the door, and drawing a poison-covered knife, she opened the door in one quick motion to reveal a badly wounded vortixx, who immediately crashed to the ground. She tried to speak to him, but he was out cold.

After lying him onto one of the spare sleeping mats on the floor, she focused on him with her kanohi, after removing the bloody bandages with care. The wound wasn't infected due to some kind of spray, but it was large, and would take a while to heal, even with her expertise with her mask.

After she had used it, his breathing became less ragged and settled into a rhythm.

When Mortem's eyes opened, they were bleary and adjusted to the light, but he slowly realised that he was in a hut of some kind, and it was neither freezing cold, nor was his side in intense pain. Sitting up on his elbows, he looked around. A yellow and black lesterin walked into the room, smiling when she saw that he was awake. 

"You have been sleeping..." she said.

Mortem found that he could now speak painlessly, and said: "For how long?"

"About a day." was the reply. "How were you wounded?"

Mortem had no doubt from the look on Venemi's face that if she wasn't supplied with a story she liked, she would be more than happy to re-do the damage.

"I was...defending Ko-Koro, and one of those...disgusting makuta-worshipers wounded me..."

Mortem couldn't bring himself to say the word "Disgusting" with conviction; after all, Makuta was anything but that.

The lesterin tilted her head, and gave him an odd look, but seemed to be content.

The vortixx in front of Venemi seemed to be telling the truth, and Venemi was content with that, as long as he didn't try to kill her...

After resting for most of the rest of the day, he seemed to be healed enough to stand and walk.

"Where will you go now?" she asked after he had eaten and dressed in a cloak.

"Oh... probably to...Ta, or something..."

"You don't know for sure? Why don't you  stay here for a bit?"

"I need to..leave..."

Mortem was trying to resist the urge to kill this non-believer, but he knew that this would only get him into more trouble. He was, in fact, going to Kini-Nui to get a new staff, or perhaps some antidermis.

After picking up a map, and thanking Venemi (just to keep up the pretense) he went on his way...

That was odd, he was heading the wrong way for Ta...never mind...

OOC: Venemi open for interaction, Mortem to Kini-Nui

Kathok

He walked over to a giant bell-shaped plant and leaned on a rock next to it. "Why don't be silly! They ought to be perfectly safe. I'm no biologist, but I do know a thing or two about plants."

Suddenly the plant jolted to life and opened a large mouth from it's bell shape. It tried to snap at Akhulii aggressively with rows of sharp, fibrous teeth. Akhulii yelled out and tried to dive out of the way. "Gah, HELP!"

Edited by Banana Gunz

OOC: Anedonia, take 2...

IC: Anedonia

The Puppeteer. An infamous serial killer, one that had eluded the guards of the Six Koros for nearly a thousand years. A figure of almost mythical proportions, a twisted artist and necromancer, (in)famous for his use of psychological terror and over-the-top tortures. Truly an individual filled with depravity to the very brim.

So what would be a better ending to his twisted tale than an ironic end? The Puppeteer becomes the puppet, ensnared by an individual who for all intents and purposes came out of left field, much like how he would randomly drop into his victim's lives, with no discernible motive, only an intent to kill.

That man reminded Anedonia of himself. Or rather, what was left of him did.

Blood didn't make a good paint.

And with that introductory spiel aside, we come to the true protagonist of our narrative, the mad artist doomed to an eternity of boredom, deprived of the passion that formed the very foundation of his art. A hollow shell of a man, an empty husk, a living automoton with no soul; call it whatever you want, but the meaning is the same. This was no artist; this was a void of one.

And this void of an artist needed to go buy some paint.

*scene transition*

The Koro of air was usually a place of cheer and liveliness, but a sense of urgency hung in the air this time. The paint store was closed, as were many stalls around it. The Fa-Toa gazed around the village before noticing the amassing villagers and the rallied gukko. In curiosity, he stepped forward. "What story could this tell..."

IC (Sisk):

The Kahu in the lead was imposing, wearing armor on it's head made obviously out of Rahkshi parts. The Matoran in the pilot's saddle was wearing a Zatth and had Guko Force markings painted on his armor. Sisk looked at the gathered crowd. He had been informed of the developing situation just a short while earlier and as the commanding officer of all the non-combat Gukko Force units, he had mobilized as many birds from the headquarter and the nearest outposts to assist in the efforts to protect the village.

"All volunteers in need of a lift, we will be flying you out to the defensive lines and drop you off there!" he announced loudly. "We will be establishing an airbridge flying back and forth in waves to get everybody who wants to travel by air out to where they need to be. Three people per Kahu, two per Gukko."

IC, Verdi: Just then, a smaller bird, a Gukko, dived out of the sky and landed next to Sisk and his bird. "Hey Sisk! I'm here to help you!" said Verdi. He turned to the people gathered. "Alright, I can take two volunteers at a time. Who's first?"

OOC: Just trying to get Verdi moving again, so I decided to help, if you don't mind ;)

The Fa-Toa had arrived at the group to take a closer look. "What's going on?" he asked. "Are we under attack?"

IC: Kelz and Ryza.

"Well... I guess we're stuck here for now..." Ryza grumbled. "We'll have to wait for the tide to go back out, then cut down more trees to fix the new holes you made, then wait for the tide to go back out again, and make sure we sail out of here without ripping more holes in the ship on our way out... we could be here for a while."

"I'm going to have a look at these, then," Kelz said, holding up one of the squirming beetles he'd taken from the forest. They seemed to have a small amount of metal in them, but not enough that it went flying from his hand so long as he kept a tight grip. "If these things really do eat wood, imagine how much damage they could do if we let them loose in an enemy ship."

"I'm imagining how much damage they would do if they got loose on our ship," Ryza replied with a scowl. "If you play with fire, you're going to get burned."

"Coming from the one who's rifle spits fire, I'm sure you know all about getting burned." 

Ryza laughed, "I'm too careful for that. Haven't burnt myself once, thank you very much."

"Well, there you go," Kelz said smugly, "as long as I'm careful, we'll be fine."

Ryza said nothing for a long moment. "I hate you." she finally said.

OOC: Open for interaction, if anyone's randomly wandering the Le-Wahi shoreline. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OoC: Dakku along with other refugees from Ko-Wahi

IC: Dakku (Le-Wahi)

We made our way through the dense jungle. A path lead through the gnarly, tall trees, and we made sure to stay on it. The jungle is filled with the sounds of countless Rahi, which was a stark difference from the utterly silent nature of Ko-Wahi. They don't stop during the night, either, so most of us were suffering from sleep deprivation. Speaking of problems, one patient had died, three fellow refugees were sick and one of us was missing. Luckily, I am fine along with my wife.

Soon, however, we start hearing the sound of falling trees (not that I already knew what it sounded like) and soon we notice that groups of large insects are churning on the trees. They don't seem to pay attention to us, instead focusing on eating the trees. Other refugee was crushed under a falling tree, and soon died from her wounds. Now, we avoid trees, which is becoming increasingly easy as we move on. It seems like a swarm of these bugs have destroyed a huge area of the jungle. We see large birds flying above us, and I swear that I saw Matoran riding them. Maybe I'm sick and seeing things..

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: (Venemi)

The Wasp first spotted the group of refugees as she was hunting out in the jungle, as well as keeping these strange new insects under control.

She leapt down from her treetop vantage point, and landed just in front of him. She could see from the rag tag team behind and around him that there were many wounded and they had obviously been in a fight. From the direction they were headed from, she could already guess why they had traveled here...

"Are you more refugees from Ko? I had one in my hut earlier..." she asked, hastily sheathing the two poison daggers she had been holding - she could see that these survivors were in a fragile state of mind...

Kathok