Bzprpg - Le-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC:

"61, You’re as foolish as you are noisy if you think we’re still working for DARK. We escaped along with the rest during the breakout. In fact we just had a run in with a few DARK agents, they’re all dead.”

The former assassin's eyes narrowed at Jaceren's comment, trying to detect if he had lied to her.

"Then what are you doing here?" She demanded, wanting to believe in his statement. However, she learned long ago that in the shadowy world that in which DARK operated in, there is often little truth. Nonetheless, she felt... Strange. She didn't have the words to describe how she felt at the moment. It was good to know that DARK was gone... But deep within her heartlight, she couldn't help but miss her old ally. 133. She remembered how she'd almost killed him when he rejected her plan to escape. That had also been another thing she'd... Regretted? She knew that one of her targets in the past had used the term upon his death, but she had never learned the words meaning.

“Oh hello 61.”

61 was momentarily surprised by the appearance of Ashala. She made a mental note that if any of the former assassins turned hostile, that it would possibly strike a moral blow to them by burning the Ice assassin's wings off. As well as the rest of her armor. However, she was truly interested in why, of all the possible assassins that escaped, that Jaceren and Roben would pick her to travel with them.

Maybe they... Are attracted to her? The thought was alien to 61. She'd seen many reasons why males keep females around, and of all the reasons that she could have instantly come up with, this one appeared in her mind. She disregarded the thought.

She must have some purpose that I am not aware of, 61 decided, I should be wary, and proceed with caution.

"Hello," She said, mimicking her greeting, and avoiding the female assassin's gaze.

"Hello" she mused in her head, I need to remember to ask what this word means. It could be important in the future. Beings seem to use it at upon meeting another being.

The thoughts that coursed through her mind took her all of three seconds to form, analyze, and store away again for further information. Upon reviewing this, 61 scolded herself for taking too long to analyze and decide upon the actions of others.

Retirement so far seemed to be making her soft. She wasn't keen to go out and kill anyone any time soon, but she wasn't particularly keen on the thought of her reflex's dulling.

Edited by Varren Rehn

IC: Jaceren (Le-Wahi)

Number 4 watched the female plasma Toa with large sapphire eyes. “We came here because DARK burned down Kutukan’s hideout, and I happen to have one stashed away in the jungle here.” He said.

Jaceren then slid in his claws. “See we’re not here to hunt you.” he said.

IC: Ashala (Le-Wahi)

Ash watched 61 silently. “DARK is after us, and they could be on our trail as we speak.” Ash said, her old assassin training kicking in as she began to glance around for targets hiding in the foliage.

“We need to go now, its your choice if you follow."

IC: Skyra - Bar, Le-koro -

"Well, technically, you have me on seniority, and even if we weren't the same rank I still would have slapped you." I said bluntly, look at Kunitu with a mix of sadness and disappointment. I didn't like seeing one of the people largely responsible for who I had become as a Gukko Force Officer turning into an alcoholic.

"Now come on Kunitu. Snap out of this. You're not doing yourself any favors acting like this, or anyone else for that matter. Instead of trying to kill yourself with alcohol poisoning, you should be helping us do what we can to keep Le-koro safe in this dark hour. With Matau gone Le-koro needs us more than ever."

It felt strange, being one giving the lecture. She'd given me plenty when I had been but a Matoran cadet. Heck she'd trained me with an iron fist, she'd made me one of the most relentless and stubborn officers in Le-koro.

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: Making a rather bold attempt to approach Kehuri here.

IC:Pasja, finding herself in the rare situation that she did not know exactly what to do, saw a large Onu-Toa making a bad attempt at trailing two of her fellow Gukko Force members which she had been watching rather intently up to that point. She recognized the Toa not by name, but she was quite sure that the toa in question was part of the ILS. Seeing that there was not anything better for her to do anyway, the Le-Matoran approached the Onu-Toa.

"May I ask what the ILS is doing here?" She asked, rather loudly, to make sure that the Onu-Toa would turn around and turn his gaze to her.

IC: Zealokan'Hmm.. well, seeing as the coffee wasn't required, the pot's on me, I guess.' He took a long sip from his mug, and grinned. 'Guardsmen, or guardswomen, as it would seem at the moment, may I offer you some of the finest coffee I've tasted this side of Mata Nui?''Sorry about before, by the way, Skyra. Just a bit shocked, I guess. Not an everyday occurrence... I think... Coffee?'I'm not kidding, Zealokan genuinely thought this was some really freaking good coffee.

Edited by Clockwork Kineticist

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC:

“We came here because DARK burned down Kutukan’s hideout, and I happen to have one stashed away in the jungle here. See we’re not here to hunt you.”

61 said nothing in reply. She still wasn't sure of their intentions... But he had mentioned DARK had attacked them. If they are after him, they would be after her as well.

“DARK is after us, and they could be on our trail as we speak. We need to go now, its your choice if you follow."

"There is safety in number," 61 said, "I will follow behind, and keep an eye open."

If DARK finds all of us together in one place, the prize for them is much greater than capturing one of us on our own. Caution must be used.

IC: KehuriThe young Toa was pleased to get some attention. Not that he was growing too impatient, though. He'd found patience a lot easier as a Toa somehow. Oh, another woman. His heart leapt into his throat when he turned around. He'd seriously have to sort this problem out. "F," he corrected, "It's the Island Liberation Front now." Clearing his throat, he answered the question, "In short, we're here to help investigate the Turaga's murders. But really, if there's any help at all I can offer, I'd be happy to."

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC:"I don't need your help" Pasja said, sounding a bit standoffish. She had noticed how the Onu-Toa had jumped slightly at the sight of her, and she did not really like people who did that. "I just need to report to my superiours. Unfortunately..." she said with a sigh "one of them has decided to hit the bottle".

"As for the murders..." The Le-Matoran continued, "I do not really think that investigating the murders will solve any of the problems the murders themselves have caused. It does not change the demoralizing fact that Makuta can harm even the most powerfull of us, or the fact that we now have no leaders, and that thought will not be dispelled by finding whoever happened to be behind this particular case."

Kehuri frowned a bit, clearly giving thought to what she had said. "So what do you propose we do instead?" He asked her, with a tone of worry in his voice, as he knew that he would probably not like the answer this Le-Matoran would give him.

"What do we do? We ATTACK!" She exclaimed, suddenly feeling a fury at the thought of bringing the fight to her enemies. "Bring the fight to Makuta! Show him that even leaderless, we have not lost an ounce of our strength. Show to the people that they are not defenseless at all, and show the Makuta the true meaning of vengeance!"

IC: KehuriThe Toa of Earth frowned, considering. "Also, I wasn't offering help to you," he said, keeping his mild irritation out of his voice, "It was for Le-Koro as a whole."He closed his eyes and ran his hand over his mask, starting to feel tired from the day's events. "I think you're right," he said after a moment, "Sooner or later we'll have to make a move. But though the Makuta is the root of the problem, he isn't the only one. The very heart of the island's been poisoned, and there's a chance that the ones directly responsible for the murders may not have been working for the Makuta at all. "With the Turaga infected with Parakuka, you would think it would be more beneficial to the Makuta to keep them alive. And while their murder is crippling at best- and don't get me wrong, Whenua was just as much a father to me as Matau was to Le-Koro- I don't think the blow was totally beneficial to him."Which is why we're here. If someone other than Makuta is behind it, we have to find out who it is, and stop them too."He didn't think he was totally persuasive, but it was an important matter. Looking back, he did wish he'd phrased some bits differently, though.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:Pasja cursed herself for not even considering this option. She did shield that from this Onu-Toa, though. "You make a good point" she said, conceding that at least. "But I think that your recent sucesses may have made the Makuta more desperate, and as such he has started to employ strategies which, indeed, may not be entirely benificial. That is why I feel we must press the assault".

"But where are my manners!" She exclaimed, suddenly. "Lieutenant Pasja, Gukko Force. How do you do?"

IC: KehuriThe Onu-Toa grinned, "Kehuri, former miner, now ILF recruit." He paused, smiling distantly, "That's the first time I think anyone I've ever argued with admitted I had a good point. At least as far as I can remember." His look darknened slightly, however, "I wouldn't call the ILF's recent accomplishments a success, though. It's former leader is missing, and Pala-Koro is rubble."

BZPRPG Profiles

I smiled back at Kunitu before sitting down beside her. "I knew you'd come around."

'Sorry about before, by the way, Skyra. Just a bit shocked, I guess. Not an everyday occurrence... I think... Coffee?'

I waved my hand dismissively. "Don't worry about it Zeal, and no thanks, coffee makes me aggressive."

My attention now turned to what appeared to be a Toa of Earth, talking things out with yet another member of the Gukko Force, Lieutenant Pasja was what she said her name was. It sounded familiar I had probably seen that name on the roster before. From what I could make out they were talking about the Makuta, or attacking him so to speak.

Yeah, cause it wasn't like others hadn't tried to go into Kini-Nui and fight him before. Where were those people now? Dead, or worse.

Don't get me wrong, I believed there was a way to defeat Makuta, there's always a way. Though no one present had the means to do so. My thoughts went back to what Kongu had said about Joske, for some reason, I knew Joske was probably doing just that, finding a way.

At any rate, my concern at the moment was a more for just defending Le-koro. Attacking our enemies would have to come later, much much later by the current state of things. We needed to strengthen Le-koro, recover from the loss of Turaga Matau before we did any sort of attacking.

As for this Kehuri of the Island Liberation Front well...I knew little to nothing about that group, but I was as skeptical about them as I was about the Cultured Gentry, at least for now. They'd taken down the Nui-Rama Hive I'd give them that, but I didn't know if they could be trusted.

IC: Zealokan'Suit yourself.' He finished his mug and immediately poured himself another. 'Mata Nui, this is good. Not "Epic Tea" good, but still pretty darn good.'Soon enough, he was on his way back to Kongu's hut to meet with Miha and Merror, two flasks of coffee under his arm, a large smile on his face.

Edited by Clockwork Kineticist

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC: Kutukan

"No, I'm preventing a situation that we can't get out of. She clearly displayed hostile intent earlier, and it's entirely possible she's still working for Dark. I'm not risking anything."

He looked straight at 61 and his eyes flared up again. This time, they didn't fade.

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

OOC: Zyke, some kinds of crystal are extremely heat resistant, definitely enough to resist for that long.

IC: Roben merely fired a crystal stream next to Kutukan's feet. Not a chance of it hitting. "Chill. She's right. There's not many more attention grabbing things than bursts of laser vision."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Jaceren (Le-Wahi)

Jaceren nodded, “Wise choice,” he said. He then stood up and jumped to the ground below before standing up again. “We had another with us, 218. Malcor if you remember him… but he’d dead now.” Jaceren said with a lump forming in his throat.

When he heard Kutukan’s voice he turned to him. “Isn’t that the same thing we said about you spiny?” he growled.

“Give her a chance, we are all watching her. If 61 tries something she’s as good as dead.” He said. He watched as Kutukan attacked 61.

“Cut it out, or I’ll cut it out of yah.” He said as his claws suddenly slid out. "She displayed hostile intentions because she thought we were still with friggin' DARK."

IC: Ashala (Le-Wahi)

Ash flew overhead, knowing that a bird’s eye view of the area would help them if anyone came for them. When Kutukan began attacking 61 she sank to the ground next to him, her wings folding behind her back. It was time someone stood up and lead this group.

“Kutukan stop,” she said. “Malcor told me once that if he was ever killed or captured that I was to take his place and to lead the group.” She said. She saw Jaceren turn to her with a hurt and surprised look on his face.

“You will leave 61 alone or you can leave Nemesis.”

IC: Plagia - Gukko Force HQ

I shook my head, "No, I'm afraid not. Technically speaking, I've only been on this island for about two or three months, so I haven't had a lot of time to see them."

Hoping to switch the topic away from me, I quickly followed up with, "So, did you, personally, know the Turaga well?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

That was a good question, why exactly did I need her for? In hindsight I probably should have thought of that before I slapped her.

"Well, I think you should stop being semi-retired for one thing. With Matau gone we need all the help we can get with boosting morale, improving our defenses, and just helping people with whatever they need. I mean you must realize by now that the Turaga's deaths is merely a catalysis to very difficult times. Whether we like it or not, things are gonna go even more south than they already have, we need to do anything and everything we can to keep our village alive and thriving."

I took a glance at the drink sitting at the counter by Kunitu, she must have passed out before she could finish it. I grasped the mug, I wasn't gonna let Kunitu have anymore to drink today, she might kill herself. "Not saying we have to do anything right this second but, it's something to keep in mind for tomorrow. So, no pressure or anything." I raised the drink to my mouth and took a nice long swig. After all I wasn't one to let things go to waste.

"This stuff is disgusting why would you drink this?" I said, though I kept drinking it anyway.

Edited by Snelly

IC: [Kunitu]

"I suppose I might be able to do most of that," replied Kunitu quietly, leaning back as she watched her former student drink her beer. It wasn't supposed to be this way - officers like her should not have had to take a greater role in the politics of the village. She didn't have the clout the other officers did, but it seemed that after Matau's death, anybody with experience would be needed to keep everyone stable.

She had never been a really successful leader; it was lucky that the squadron that had been under her command had been rather understanding of her flaws and helped balance them out. The memories of them brought a smile to her face: all of them were amusing and unique in their own way ... even the impulsive private Po-Koro had assigned to her squad.

"It's really the atmosphere," she said, getting off the stool.

IC: Kehuri

Seeing the drunk Gukko Force member (he didn't hear the conversation enough to get an idea of her rank. Not that he knew anything about ranks anyhow.) beginning to get up, Kehuri took his weight off the wall, eyes on Skyra, attempting to make it clear that he would like to talk.

BZPRPG Profiles

I got up off my stool as Kunitu did. "You going home? Cause after drinking all that booze I'm surprised you can even stand." I had already resolved to go with her and make sure she got their without falling off of Le-koro and to a clumsy death. Heck that seemed to happen to someone every other Tuesday, kinda why we started to install railings.

The Toa of Earth that had been talking to Lieutenant Pasja was staring at me intently, As I helped Kunitu steady herself, she looked like she was gonna fall over, I had noticed the Toa of Earth's piercing eyes with my peripheral vision.

For now, I ignored him, as I was quite busy with a drunk Commander as it was. I didn't know why he was staring at me, but if he knew what was good for him he would stop.

Edited by Snelly

Closing his eyes, the Toa of Earth sighed. His shoulders drooped every so slightly. Why was he always getting the feeling people didn't want him around? Probably because it was true. At least to an extent. He could see the Gukko Force officer was busy. And he got a vague vibe of irritation from her. Now clearly wasn't a good time.

Opening his eyes, he glanced at the Le-Matoran who had entered with her (Sisk). He let his gaze drop again. If he was involved with the other two, he'd follow them out. If not, Kehuri would try to talk with him instead.

He just wanted to help... Yet why did he feel so bad about that fact?

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Josh, you should stop controlling Kehuri. At least until you get to know him better. Could you edit out everything up to her first question? Almost none of that would have been what he'd say. No hard feelings, it's just not his character. I'm just gonna go back to his answer to her first question.

The Toa gave another small sigh, though being called by his name was a little heartening. "I wish I could be of more help. I really do. But I always get the feeling that I'm just an embarrassment, a burden, or just unwanted."

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Apologies. I shall try and keep a rein on it.

IC:Pasja could not help but feel startled. She had not expected to see this behaviour in a toa. Not only was this Toa quite insecure, he openly admitted it. That was new. "Oh come on! You are a toa!" She exclaimed in suprise, "Your very presence inspires confidence and a feeling of safety in others! Unless you let your insecurities drag you down, that is."

She sighed. Then an idea struck her. With her commander's being otherwise occupied, requesting some extra help was going to be rather hard. But with this Toa here... "Look, I actually could use your help. One of my airmen died this morning, and I need to recover her body. However, I don't have the men to carry her all the way to a suitable landing zone, and I can't request any either with our commanders... being as they are." There was a strong note of disaproval in her voice, even a bit of ... disgust. "You are probably strong enough, care to help me out?"

He gave a sympathetic smile, "Depends how long that will take. I'm due back outside the Gukko Force headquarters in an hour." Changing the subject back again, he frowned, "Toa used to inspire confidence in the Matoran. But look around. I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that the Matoran to Toa ratio is only nine to ten now. Toa are a daily sight. A tenth of them are evil, and half of what's left would rather operate a pawn shop than actively oppose the Makuta."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:Pasja sighed once more. "I geuss I will have to improvise a bit, then" she said, feeling a bit annoyed at the Onu-Toa's denial, but then again, it probably would have been to much to hope for. Things were not really going her way today. It would have nice to have seen an exception to the rule.

Suddenly, she stood firm. "Kehuri!" She said firmly, in the manner in which an officer adresses a fellow soldier, "I wish you and the ILF the best of luck with your investigation, and have full confidence in your ability to conclude it in a satisfying manner." She saluted the Onu-Toa firmly, once again as befitting an officer. "If you will excuse me, I will have to attend to my duties."