Bzprpg - Le-Wahi

Friar Tuck

Ic:

Leah spoke. "Do any of you know how these -" she pointed at the streamlined Kanohi on her face "-get activated, exactly?"Oreius shrugged, and began strapping his swords back onto his belt, voicing his thoughts aloud. "It's not like we needed them to beat those Rahkshi. I'm sure we'll figure it out sooner or later."Leah nodded slowly at Oreius. "Yes. Perhaps after we go to that other place mentioned in Takua's journal."

"The Keeping Place," Stannis said as he recalled the mention of the location from the journal. His eyes narrowed as he remembered more and connected the dots in his mind. "Takua mentioned 'failsafes.' Clearly this is a part of the plan to ensure our victory, meaning that we aren't ready to fight the Makuta yet."

The idea of being a part of a team to, as prophesied, fight the Makuta directly -- not his scions or minions but the dark one himself -- was a very troubling prospect for even the Wanderer. He had fought many things but a black god was not among them, nor was it on his list of big game to tackle. His life and its purpose had taken an exponential curve in his eyes; while he was destined for this mission all his life he still was unaware of it until the last moments of the journey. This is what he lived for... but he still felt unprepared. And that, he realized, was the caring wisdom of Mata Nui. The Great Spirit knew how they would feel, he knew what threats they would face, and had prepared for them.

They were powerful toa; there was no doubting that. Not only were they clearly gifted with raw power, which was always a plus, but they had something the First Toa did not have: Love for each other. And love never fails, it transcends everything and permeates existence, breathing life to things that hold no energy by themselves. The First Toa were heroes but they were only united by purpose; the Toa Maru, however, were tightly glued together in ways other teams could only aspire to. But they could not win a war with smiles, joy and hugs. They had to have failsafes.

"We were able to trek and find the stones without threat of being found," he said. "The only dangers we suffered were either natural or servants to the Makuta, but not his sons, but now that we have transformed we were attacked by them. We prevailed here and now but it can only get tougher. According to legend the First Toa had to find their Great Masks before they continued; I think we must do the same, only we know where the masks are."

Stannis observed the light column again. It shifted position greatly; it was late in the day. "We should leave and go to the Keeping Place. With some speed we can be there by first light." He put the Telerahk staff on his back with his halberd as he took a step, then stopped in thought. "We have to trust that Joske was successful."

OOC: Phone postIC: KehuriThe Toa of Earth bowed his head, grinning, "Thank you, lieutenant Pasja! I wish you luck in your task as well." Before she left, he added, "The age of heroes may be over, but it won't stay that way. You just need to shine a lightstone to see that the light always triumphs."

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Skyra - Bar, Le-koro -

"Well you seem to be a slow learner." I said with a smirk, letting Kunitu support herself against my shoulder. "Regardless, I ain't letting you go home like this all alone. I'll come with you."

To be honest I also need a reason to just get away from the bar and all the people who seemed to have a reason to talk with me, it could all wait till tomorrow.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Skyra - Bar, Le-koro -

I looked at Kunitu, blinking slightly. "That really didn't make any sense at all." I figured it was because she was drunk. If she was asking if I knew where she lived the answer was an obvious yes, I'd only been to her place like thousands of times.

And if she was asking me if I was going to literally drag her well, that would just be silly.

"Let's go." I said, heading toward the door with Kunitu still leaning on my shoulder and therefore forced to come with me.

IC: Skyra - Le-koro -

I couldn't help but give a little smile. "Yes you are." We were already a bit away from the bar and toward Kunitu's place, luckily it wasn't too far.

"When did I become the responsible one? I swear it used to be the other way around." I commented as we approached the hut. "You're the senior here after all."

IC: Skyra - Le-koro -

Ow. Just ow. That remark stung me as if a knife had gone into my heart. "Let's not talk about that right now...okay?" I said with a pained voice before shoving the door open and entering the home with Kunitu. Closing the door behind us.

I brought her over to the couch. As we both sat down and got comfortable I sighed, reflected on everything that had happened over the last few days. Far too much for me to take to be honest, I was wondering how I was able to function much less march around with the intent of doing whatever I could to keep Le-koro safe in this dark time.

This was just great, I was starting to feel depressed now that Kunitu had me thinking about Matau again. I knew we were both hurting from the loss, the whole village was.

A tear escaped my right eye, in annoyance I wiped it away. "How do you handle all these emotions Kunitu? I swear it was easier to control them when I was a guy."

Edited by Snelly

OOC: Sorry for the delay, I've been busy.

"Right," said Merror, leaning on the table in the middle of the room, shoulders relaxed and arms straight with his hands splayed on the desk's surface. "Let's get straight to the point. Times have seldom looked darker, have they?"

IC: Kongu -- Gukko Force HQ

"That much is obvious, Toa Merror," Kongu said, sitting pensively at his desk across from the Toa of Fire. "So much has plagued our tree-top village that I wonder whether our villagers, as well as my Gukko Force. What is it that you have come for, brave fire-spitter?"

OOC: I'll do Wokodin later.

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: Jaceren

His claws slid back into their sheaths within his arm. "We all will," he said as he glanced at 61. "We lost Malcor today we can't afford to tear ourselves apart." he grunted. "Alright everyone follow me." he said as he headed back off into the jungle.

IC: Ashala

Ashala nodded at Kutukan, "Thank you." she told the Skakdi. She then took to the air as she followed Jaceren from above.

IC:

Outside of Kunitu's home, the other Le-Matoran that had followed Skyra stood and waited for the two to come back outside. Sisk wondered how much help Kunitu would be, but if Skyra said she was good, she was good. Even if she was a drunken mess right now. He sighed. People grieve in different ways. This was just one of them. He could understand why. So little of what they did seemed to have any large impact. They brought down an entire Rama Hive, only to see the Turaga murdered shortly afterwards. And now, on top of all that, some of thei own number were hatching dark plans.

"Not on my watch..." he muttered. That last one, after all, was something he could do something about.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

OOC: Phone postIC: KehuriSeeing the Le-Matoran leave after the other two, the Toa of Earth sighed yet again and stepped back outside. He wandered around the Koro, keeping his ears out for anyone that sounded like they had good intentions and could use some help. He also kept an eye out for a place to sleep once Plagia and Naru were done.OOC: Open to and looking for interaction.

Edited by Marius Pontmercy

BZPRPG Profiles

IC (Merror)

Merror inclined his head, meekly acknowledging the compliment.

"I won't take too much of your time, Kongu," he said. "But there are two things I want to speak with you about. The first, our current situation."

Merror paced across the room.

"This is a tipping point," he said. "The villages have never been more vulnerable, after losing so much - but I'm confident that Le-Koro is in capable hands - yours."

Merror's earnest eyes met the Gukko Force Captain's.

"I've seen you in battle, and in peace, and I believe that under your leadership, Le-Koro will stand strong. But remember this - Unity must come before Duty. Others like you will have had leadership thrust upon them - Jaller, Matoro. The other Right Hands. If you value my advice, then the first thing you will do is contact them. Co-ordinate your defences and your efforts. Only together, as a united island, will the good people of Mata-Nui prevail. Things will get worse before they get better - but they will get better, Kongu. Have faith."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Skyra - ​ Kunitu's Home, Le-koro -

Well, this conversation was getting more depressing by the minute. It was time for some drastic change in topics.

"Kunitu, I think you're one of the few people I know that could adjust so easily to the fact that I'm now a girl. You're doing better with it than I am!" I blurred out, Kuntiu really hadn't been treating me any different since she found out, something I appreciated.

If only Zealokan could do that. FAT chance.

IC: KehuriWith a heavy sigh, the Toa of Earth headed back towards the Gukko Force HQ. there was nothing he would be getting done in just an hour, and the people he'd had an idea of helping currently had other matters to worry about. But when the HQ came into sight, he couldn't bring himself to go inside just yet. He considered for a moment what to do, sitting down against the HQ wall. Checking his bag, he noted he didn't have many widgets left. Maybe he should have kept the extra bag of explosives to sell. He hated the fact that Mata Nui had moved on from bartering. Sure, arguments inevitably broke out when some people tried to settle on prices, but it had to be better than using actual currency. Closing his eyes, he let his mind wander. It returned, unbidden, to the subject of the Toa Code. Against such powerful and ruthless enemies, what option was there other than to kill? Removing their masks probably would just bring them to the level of an average Toa. And there were those that didn't need masks. Skakdi and Vortixx. Brow furrowing, he folded his arms on his knees and continued to think, as the last of the sun's rays sank below the horizon.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Ronkshou – Le-Wahi – Near Destroyed Rama Hive

The telekinetic hold stopped the attacker’s broad sword in place, and Ronkshou smiled as the rock shard flew over his head. He didn’t even have to raise his shield. Trusting the strength of his partner, Ronkshou ran up to Wokodin to land a blow to the gut.

IC: Wokodin – Le-Rahi – Near Destroyed Rama Hive

Another telekinetic move from the Vortixx halted my sword and threw off my balance. Fortunately, I had never intended for the sword or the stone hard to strike Ronkshou. My plan was still in motion. As I saw the Infected Toa run towards me, I freed my right hand from the hilt of my sword and raised it slightly. As Ronkshou ran, I shot up a dozen stone pillars about 6 inches in diameter. Ronkshou would believe I was thinking in one way, when I was in fact thinking in another. Not everyone could be this perceptive, but I’ve been watching and studying accounts of encounters with Ronkshou for a long time, plus I vividly remember the days when he went by a different name. His fighting style is similar, but this one is more pronounced and daring, probably in an attempt to intimidate opponents.

I would not stop that attack though. I quickly shifted my right hand towards the Vortixx, and summoned a dozen stone narrow pillars up through the ground beneath her as well. They would fall over, and the stone pillars would make is difficult for them to regain their footing, giving me a precious second to bring them together and weaken them both at once.

Evidently, I could not hope to engage one without engaging the other, if I wanted to live through this.

IC: Kongu – Gukko Force HQ

What Merror suggested was right on the money and also very obvious -- it was an option that Kongu definitely intended to take. However, Kongu was not sure that Le-Koro was quite ready for him to face outward to the other villages. Matau’s funeral was just yesterday, and many parties were still breathing down his neck, giving him little chance to actually contact the other village leaders.

“Thank you, Toa-hero Merror,” Kongu said reverently. He may have been the Gukko Force Captain, but it still was not easy for him to easily write off the valor and nobility of Toa. Deep down, it almost felt like it should be Skyra and Merror leading this village.

But no, that wasn’t on their shoulders. They didn’t spend as much time studying and working with Turaga Matau, learning the views of the elder and thus, learning how to best respond to things. While Merror, Skyra, and many other Toa were more powerful, Kongu had to remind himself that he was still more qualified. They were the protectors. He was the leader.

And he had to act like one.

“You are right, but there many things I must work-do here, many air-villagers that I must talk to,” Kongu explained, “I surely can’t leave the tree-top village for any talk-meeting at this time, not with the immediate responsibilities that I have”

Kongu trailed off, trying to think over his options.

“Well, the low-least I can do is send a courier bird to each of the village leaders, delivering a note from myself,” Kongu said, “However, that must come after I am through with all of my conferences. Things have not quite settled down here, and I might make sure there is no more strife in Le-Koro before I look away for even a minute”

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: KehuriGrunting at his stiff limbs, the young Toa got to his feet. After training, a fight, and a loooooong walk, his body had been happy to sit for a while. But he decided he ought to go inside now. The issue still pressed in his mind. The servants of darkness were powerful. If there were a way to drain their power... Some sort of Vortixx technology, he supposed. Or somehow taking their limbs off... Or blinding them. Somehow, the last option appealed to him more. He wished he had some way to achieve that, short of driving his drill into their faces. Still pondering, he entered the HQ, giving Plagia and Naru a wave before sitting down. "It's late. I figured I ought to come back and wait for tomorrow," he explained. One thing that would solve everyone's problems would be a Toa of Light. He allowed himself a moment of idle thought, imagining all he could achieve with such power. He could inspire hope in the Matoran, resolve in the Toa, and fear in the Makuta. No smile touched his features, though. There were no Toa of Light, and it was foolish to count on one's appearance. But he wished so badly that there could be one.

Edited by Marius Pontmercy

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Le-Wahi, the great jungle of the island. Untouched by the ravages of weather, by the island's malevolence. And yet, marred. A lone Toa sat amidst the wreckage of a small village. He seemed to have been there, lost in thought, for ages. In fact, he was probably rusting, under the thick robes he wore. However, his solitude was broken by an amused voice calling out from behind him. "Enjoying the view?" Behind the Toa stood three figures. The first was tall and a little on the scrawny side, dressed lightly in a leather shirt and pants. His mask, a Pakari, held a gleam of innocence behind it, mixed with an expression of quiet awe. On his back, a greatsword was sheathed, held in place by a belt across his chest. Next to him was a second Toa, a tad shorter and considerably more muscled, on the larger side of lean. Clad in a light set of plate armor, he leaned slightly on an iron halberd with one arm, the other hanging at his side, against a curved saber. His Kiril was worn with the troubles of a long existence of strife. Lastly was the speaker, shorter still than the others, whose well built physique was exacerbated by the heavy suit of armor she wore. Her longsword sheathed at her side, a gentle smile was upon the face of her Calix.

The Thelstane had returned.

OOC: Yeah, so I just assumed Hasil just sat there while he was in limbo.

Progenitus Worldsoul

Marquis of making RPG profiles, but never actually posting.

"Strength through honor. Virtue through flames."

If only Zealokan could do that. FAT chance.

OOC: Haters gonna hate :P

IC: ZealokanHe retook his seat in Kongu's hut, and turned to Nixie. 'Have my friend's come out yet? Also, coffee?' He held up one of the flasks he had tucked under his arm.

Edited by Clockwork Kineticist

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

"Gee thanks." I said dryly, though with a smirk on my face. I got up from my chair and walked over to Kunitu's bed. Then, I sat down on top of Kunitu as she lay their lazily.

Edited by Snelly

IC (Merror)

Merror nodded.

"Thank you for listening to my advice," he said. "I'm confident that you're the one person who can lead Le-Koro now."

He leaned against the table again.

"Now, the other thing I wanted to speak with you about...Echelon. Have you heard any word of him?"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Jaceren, Ashala (Le-Wahi)

Jaceren made his way through the jungle quickly, using his claws to hack and slice through the thicker foliage to provide a path for the others. He kept his senses on alert as he moved, to make sure they weren't being followed, or were walking into an ambush. After several minutes Jaceren suddenly stopped. He was at what seemed to be a rocky drop-off. Jaceren reached out and brushed aside a large bush as he revealed the sight beyond. It looked to be a small lagoon, surrounded by large cliff walls on all sides.

On the far wall there was a glistening and beautiful waterfall that cascaded down the rock-wall before pouring into the crystal blue lagoon. It looked like there was a small cave behind the waterfall. As for the rest of the small valley, there appeared to be a massive tree. Within the tree a large wooden structure could be seen. It looked quite massive and well-built. With some wooden rope-bridges that bridged the gap between decks within the tree. A large dormant furnace could be seen on one deck upon the tree.

"Welcome to my hideout," he said as he turned to the other Nemesis members. "I call it the Burrow."

"Its beautiful," Ashala said with awe. "You built this? And never brought me here?"

"Uh, yeah."

IC: Plagia - Gukko Force HQ

Was it just me, or was Kehuri looking less optimistic than usual?

I mean, I can understand why, given the state this bleeding island is in, but this guy had struck me as one of those people who just would not stop believing in nobility and heroics no matter how much the universe threw at them. It was slightly disconcerting to see him this... detached from the world.

I have a feeling I'm probably a bad influence on the kid.

"So, Kehuri, anything exciting happen to you out on your adventures?" I asked, now comfortably lounging in my chair.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Kehuri

The Toa of Earth chuckled, "I only left Onu-Wahi three days ago. Joining the ILF and fighting Darylhii were probably the highlights of all that."

He was surprised to find that the question had cheered him up a little. He realized he really enjoyed his two partners' company. Maybe it was just his yearning for Unity being fulfilled in a small way. He smiled, "But even if it wasn't the most spectacular event, I think I'm happiest that I got to meet you and Naru. And I'm not just saying that."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: [Kunitu]

"Commander Skyra," said Kunitu, her tone of voice sounding rather whimsical. "I believe that our colleagues may be interested in that situation I found you in all those years ago. What was it? Ah yes, the one with the Nui-Rama, Madu fruit and the giant Fikou Web."

Resorting to blackmail would always a legitimate tactic when attempting to get your students off you.

"Now that's just playing dirty!" I exclaimed, though I made no move to get off of my friend. "And as I recall I killed that Nui-Rama...even if the result was still sorta...yeah..."

I looked at her with widened eyes, "You wouldn't really tell anyone about that would you?"

With an exaggerated sigh I slipped off of Kunitu and fell onto the bed next to her, stretching myself across the bed.

My eyes burrowed into the ceiling, looking into the woodwork as if I actually cared about the detail. I let out a scoff, "I don't even remotely resemble that young Matoran cadet you trained to death all those years ago..."

"That's because you're a Toa...and a gir-"

"No no I didn't mean that!" I exclaimed. "I mean...I don't feel like that person anymore...like I've changed on the inside. I'm not just talking about growing up and becoming more mature and responsible either...I'm just not the same...even personality wise...I don't recognize myself anymore..."

I turned my head to look at Kunitu, finding her staring right back at me. "Do I just sound crazy, or do you get what I'm saying?" I said in all seriousness. "What do you see?"

IC: [Kunitu]

Kunitu sighed - her student just had to ask the hard questions. She was never the one who dealt with such things; she had always left that to her second-in-command back when she was in charge of her own squadron.

"You're a lot more emotional than I remember," said the Toa of Air. "And that amusing streak of strangeness that you possessed has disappeared. You've changed a lot, it's true ... but ..."

She gave a smile, and patted Skyra's head.

"... you're still that little kid who declared that his name was Snelly."