Bzprpg - Onu-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: ChronnSleep, the one thing that keeps a person working, the freedom from the world, even if for only a few hours, and you don't remember most of them. It was a pleasant break from the time I had gone without it. It was what I had needed after a long investigation, after two other investigations.Now, I had no use for sleeping.I rose from the chair in my office, where I had fallen asleep. Sure, I had a bed in the back, but it was covered in tablets. Information tablets of many kinds. From everything I knew about a knife wound, the the diversity between plasma and fire burns, and the average amount of blood each species can loose before dying.But when I walked in there, those weren't what I was looking for. I grabbed a stone tablet from the room, along with a chisel. With these, I could possibly alter the fate of the very island. One killer caught, one less person killed. It was a butterfly effect, spreading from there. I never knew how far one criminal's actions would go.I never knew how far my own actions would go...But that isn't important now. The past is the past, we can't change it. But the future... it can be molded by those who wish to do so. I started writing on the stone tablet, chiseling out words and images. Yes, molded, and I, was going to become the sculptor.

Name: ???

Toa of Lightning

Purple and black armor

Purple Kanohi of Quicktravel

Known victims: 2

Highly deadly

Kill on Sight

Dark C Investigations

I looked at the tablet with a slight grin. I would find someone with access to paper, and then get this across the entire island. The killer would have nowhere to hide, nowhere to run. He would be found, and when he was, things would get interesting. I didn't have to do this, but I always did. My investigation into the case may be over, but the killer's torment was only just beginning.I wondered if anyone would have a murder for me to solve today. I could use something to point my attention to, for if there was nothing, I would have to clean up the back room...Sometimes I thought it might be easier to just blow it up than to clean it. But everything in there was important. From the hundreds of tablets including all of my knowledge, to the ones containing my personal history. None of it was going to leave that room, and the locked door I closed and re-locked would ensure that. The back room was secure.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: I know the board's been back up for over a day now, buuut, I was busy with work. Excuse the slight delay.IC:The Toa of fire had slowed down the pace they'd kept for passage of the tunnel to a leisurely stroll at this point, waiting for his companions to catch up with him and Tirokk. It had given him some time to think about the route they would take, once they were out of Onu-Wahi and which road would be the safest across the Motara. It wasn't too long a trip, but with Valria, Agni thought it possible that they might need another stop before Po-Koro. It did not take the two Toa as long to rejoin as he had suspected at first, but one glance at their faces was enough to tell him Valria and Mef had enough of walking in this tunnel. They looked tired, as if the track through the tunnel had taken a year. Mef tried to overplay it with a positive attitude, but Agni could still tell. Their questions following after made it very clear as well."I-I-I don't mean to be a bother...but are we there yet? To the end of this tunnel, I mean." Valria asked."I don't mean to sound like a spoiled Matoran, but are we there yet?" Mef said. They were almost speaking simultaneously.Agni held up his open hand and closed the fingers into a fist. At the same time, the small flames around them that had illuminated the walls for them dispersed and vanished. With the artificial light gone, they all could see now that the passage ahead was getting brighter. Agni turned to Mef with a satisfied look on his face. "Yup. We have made it to the literal end of the tunnel. Come on, let's not linger here any more then we have to. I look forward to walk in daylight again, with warm sand under my feet and the sun up high."OOC: Agni, Mef, Valria and Tirokk to Po-Koro then, eh? ^^

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Kirbati: Onu-Wahi:Under us, traveler. Directly under us. Prepare for descending, Kirbati said as the earth shook around Kirbat, Weta, and Jeni. The patch of earth slid down a distance, falling into place with an active mining bloc. " Oy! The Suletu speaker has come! Send in Ussals now. He must be treated well this time!" a Onu-Matoran mining cheif said as Matoran rushed to meet their commander's needs.OOC: Let the NPC Matoran take us back to Kini-Nui. Many Onu-M. respect Kirbati and are loyal to him. Just follow it...

IC: "It's OK," replied Fehron. "I do have other things to do." No one noticed the darkness in his eyes, the signs of a Toa who had sold his light, his soul, his destiny to the Makuta in exchange for his life. He then began a long trek in the opposite direction.OOC: Fehron to Ta-Wahi

aouROFb.png

IC: Venen, from Ga-WahiI stepped out of the gloom of the tunnel, studying the village. It was cool and dark, and the air smelled of earth. This was a place of darkness, held at bay only by the glow of the lightstones. Beautiful in its own way, yes. But I would be happy to be in the open, surrounded by plantlife once more.I walked into the village, looking around. An interesting place, no doubt.

IC: Kirbati: Onu-Wahi:"Go,go, go!" a matoran said as the others prepared a ussal cart to transport them to Kini-Nui. "Hello Kirbati. It's always a pleasure to see you here!" the Leading Matoran grinned at Kirbati. Greetings, little one. May you take us to Kini? Kirbati asked. "As you wish, Kirbati," the Matoran said as he moved Kirbati, Weta, and Jeni into the cart. The ussal immediately moved as they got in.

IC (Weta): Weta enjoyed their trip through the tunnels with the Onu-matoran. They made good company, and the coversation was much brighter than most things that passed through Onu-wahi. When their journey came to an end, the good-natured Matoran left them at the end of a tunnel that surfaced to the East of the mangai Volcano, not far from the Kini-nui.

ppg2.png

IC: ChronnOh how I hated this day so far. Not a single person had entered my building. I knew there were still plenty of murders going on across the island, there always were. But it seemed not a single one had anyone who cared to report it. How pathetically sad.Oh, I didn't really care about the deceased. It was sad because I had nothing to do except clean the back room now. I would have gotten one of my bumbling underlings, er... employees to do it. But I hadn't seen either for a while now. A pity, because they were going to be fired for that. Without pay.I sighed, opening the back room once more, I couldn't even go more than a foot into it, tablets and useless junk was scattered everywhere. But it was important useless junk, there was o need to get rid or it.I started grabbing tablets, and taking them into my office to be sorted. I would divide them into three different categories. Murder cases, information about manners of death, and those connected to my own past.The thought to lock my hut's door crossed my mind, but I ignored it. I would have plenty of time. No one was going to enter soon. I could work at my own pace.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: VenenI walked along, enjoying the underground Koro. It was a pleasant change from the Kumu Islets, and, more specifically, Xa-Koro. You didn't have to constantly watch your back here.A nearby Matoran squinted up at me. "Do I know you?"I smiled coldly. "No, you don't."He didn't take the hint. "Yes, I think I do. Are you a Toa of Plantlife?"I felt a chill race down my spine. Either the Matoran knew me or it was a very unlucky coincidence. I couldn't take the risk of him actually knowing me. For one, I didn't want anyone to know of my past but me, and secondly I relied, to a degree, on nobody knowing my past. It gave me an air of mystery, should one try to find out more about me, and would make them nervous. Both could be used to my advantage, an advantage that could be lost should I let him live.I followed him, waiting patiently. Finally, he walked down a side alley, where there was nobody else. I drew my dagger coated in lethal poison, activated my Huna, and, as silently as I could, darted after him.He never knew what hit him. Quickly and cleanly, the razor-sharp dagger slit his throat. The body slumped to the ground, soon to be lifeless if it wasn't dead already. Then, I cleaned my dagger and returned it to its sheath, and set about my last task: alert the authorites. In the scramble to get to the body, I could slip away, overpowering the guards should they decide to keep an eye on me. After asking for directions a few times, I arrived at my destination: Dark C Investigations. I knocked on the door.

Did I say East of the Mangai? Oops, that's nowhere near Kini-nui. Oh well. Let's just roll with it.IC (Weta): Weta was glad to see sunlight once again after his time in the tunnels. While Onu-wahi had its merits, he prefered the open air.OOC: Weta to somewhere East of the Mangai, so thats... Ta-wahi!

ppg2.png

IC: ChronnThere was a knocking on my door. Either one of my incompetent employees was back from wherever they were wasting their time, or someone had been killed somewhere. Oh how I hoped it was the second. A murder victim meant a murderer, and a murderer meant a murder victim. And it all ended in a looping circle. And that circle was wonderful, and the only interesting thing in my life. Solving murders, and bringing justice to those who committed it.The only problem was the history tablets, case files, and everything else scattered about my office. They were not to be seen by anyone. But if I tried to put them all away, the person might leave. But if I left them out, then part of my not so pleasant history might leak out. I hated challenging situations such as these. Either choice was the wrong one, and neither was a very positive one.I grabbed a handful of my mixed nuts and fruit, popping it into my mouth. Then I got up and headed for the door. This was unpleasant, but maybe I could keep this person inside the waiting room, and not my office.As I opened the door, I was in for quite the surprise."Oh no... not you!"I swung my staff out in a defensive position, ready to fight back against the being in my doorway.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: VenenThe being let out a startled cry and adopted a defensive position. My first reaction was to draw my dagger covered in lethal poison. Then, I took a moment to look at the being. He was vaguely familiar...I grinned, but the smile didn't reach my eyes. "My, my.. it's Chronn, isn't it? Been a while since I've seen you. I must congratulate you on recognizing me. I've had a change of armor, after all. Still, I suppose you'd know about that." Almost unconsciously, my free hand reached up and touched the claw mark specially forged into my mask. Carefully, I drew another dagger, this one covered in a poison that would knock the poisoned out. I resheathed my other dagger. Should it come to a fight, I intended to have a little fun with my opponent.. Revenge would be sweet. But not now."I've come to report a murder," I said, keeping my voice calm and professional. "An unfortunate Onu-Matoran. I wonder why he was murdered? Maybe, he did something to someone, long ago.." I let the threat trail off into silence.

IC: ChronnI grinned slightly, laughing lightly. It had indeed been a long time, but those years, those... incidents were a part of my past, parts I wanted to remain buried under the sands of time, never to resurface, and never to enter my life for as long as it continued. Here was a ghost out of the past, and not a pleasant one."Ah yes, indeed it has. I'm surprised you remembered me as well. I too have changed my armor since then. Blood stains don't come out or armor well, you know."But I had changed since then, quite a bit. I wasn't doing what I once did, not anymore. I was on the other side now. I had received my punishment for my actions long ago, I wasn't the same... at least, I didn't let others know I was the same, that being had vanished somewhere in time, though he still lived on. He was just more careful now."Yes, I can see from the blood on you that you have been at the scene of a murder.I commented coldly. I wasn't long ago that the roles were different. Instead of coming to me to solve murders, people were... but that was a time long gone.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Venen"I suppose that one has trouble forgetting what we went through," I said, coldly. Chronn may laugh, but I was reliving things that had happened long ago.. I had been a fool. Yes, I had been a fool, but I was a fool no longer.I grinned again. This time, the fainest suggestion of a laugh appeared on my lips, but I dismissed it. "It seems as though we have switched jobs, to varying degrees. You prevent murders, and I.. well, maybe you have heard of my exploits in Xa-Koro. I have my reasons for leaving."My smile twisted slightly, and this time my eyes fully reflected the vicious smile. "Chronn, you would do well to watch your back around me. I have changed much, and will never forget what you did to me." I chuckled. "However, I do owe you a small debt. I would not be who I am if it weren't for you. So, I shall not kill you.. but do be careful." Yes, I shall not kill you.. for now.

OOC: I have no idea. XDIC: ChronnI was still on my guard, what had happened before was likely... unpleasant for Venen, I am sure. And the fact is, I knew how hard it would be to get over something like that. And that was why I was grinning. This was probably a rather terrible conversation for him. Here I was, the being to which he owed great sorrow and pain, but he could do nothing about it."Indeed, the past never goes away, does it? No matter how hard you try, the blood always manages to seep out and come back to the surface. May I ask how your friends are doing right now?"Oh how interesting this day had become, and I was in control of this situation right now. Venen needed my help to solve this murder. It was sweet irony."Indeed I have heard rumors about you. It seems you are doing rather horribly in living a life that your friends would be proud of, wouldn't you agree? And the fact that you want this murder solved, it must be one of your associates who has met their demise."I quickly drew my bloodstained dagger, twirling it in my hand. I wasn't afraid of him in the slightest."I got this from a murderer."I held it up in front of my face with a heartless grin."Can you guess which one?"

Edited by The Dark Chronicler

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: VenenBarely controlled rage boiled within me. Chronn was toying with me, enjoying my pain. Little did he know that I had the same ability. I watched as he raised the dagger before me, grinning broadly, focused on my face to enjoy my reaction..And I struck. My hand had been resting on the hilt of the dagger coating in the pain-causing poison. I lashed up toward the arm that held the old, bloodstained dagger. Unless I was much mistaken, he had no time to react. As the dagger flew toward his arm, aimed to cause a shallow cut on the side, I snarled, "One of these daggers is coated in lethal poison. Can you guess which one?!?" I would enjoy this. He would think that I had used the lethal poison, and he would panic as he felt the burning pain travel up his arm. His arm would be sensitive for some time later, fading perhaps by the next day.

IC: ChronnThe knife scraped my arm, giving it a small gash, and causing a little bleeding. It wasn't a serious injury, I'd faced much worse in my time, I'd also dished out much worse. This wasn't more than a little pain, and I could deal with that.Then he mentioned poison on the knife, right before my arm started to burn agonizingly. To my credit, I didn't even flinch, or drop my dagger. As a matter of fact, I even smiled. He was a fool if he thought I would believe he had poisoned me with anything deadly. It was obvious that he wouldn't try to kill me in such an uneventful way. No, he wanted his revenge to be meaningful, and painful to me unlike anything a being has ever suffered through before. Just a quick poisoning was not what he wanted, and I knew it."Do not try to toy with me. I know poisons, and what effects they have. This isn't deadly, and we both know that."My other arm grabbed my staff, pointing the sharp tip at his face. small trances of blood were still visible upon it."But this, this is deadly. I don't care for your life, and I expect you want me dead in a eventful way. And If I am wrong, then I will be dead."I said that as if it didn't even matter to me.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: VenenI laughed. "Chronn, this is all the same poison, merely different concentrates. And I can assure you that there was no way for you to tell if the dose was lethal or not in the short time that you saw my dagger."I regarded his other arm coolly. "Yes, you have a weapon. But that is not your dominant arm. Without even thinking about it, your dominant arm was the one that drew the dagger you still hold. It's instinct. My poison makes it nearly impossible for you to use that arm effectively, and I am not scared of fighting an opponent using his less dominant arm to try and defend himself." This time, I drew the dagger coated in the knockout dose, although he couldn't know that."Really, Chronn, time appears to either have made my wits sharper or your's duller. Is this lethal, or not? Oh, and before you try to tell me about how only you can solve the murder.. I really don't care. I merely felt that I should alert the authorites."

IC: ChronnSo... he had seen through my bluff. I was just taking a chance that he wasn't trying to kill me yet. It would be a pretty stupid revenge plan if it was just to poison me, and there was really nothing I could do either way. So it was better to just ignore the pain, and expect the best."Actually, it is my dominant arm. I had drawn my staff first, in my dominant arm. Then I pulled out the knife with my left."I grinned, it was true, my dominant right arm had already been holding my staff, which was still pointing at his face, but ready to move at the slightest motion from him. To move right through his skull. But I wasn't going to ruin everything I had built on this new world, like my reputation, just so kill some moron from my past."And I see nothing wrong fighting with one arm, considering..."I pulled back my staff, and electric currents started to swirl around his body. Any motion would lead to a rather painful shock. But not deadly... unless I felt like making them so. He would be smart not to move."Now, you already know that I am not the only one who can solve this. I'm just the only one who can solve it, and supply a cover-up for whatever less than legal part you had in this."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Venen"Who ever said I was involved? I felt obligated to alert the authorities. After all, I'm simply touring the island." I didn't move. No doubt, Chronn thought he had me trapped... the fool.While I talked, I focused. Chronn had left a bowl of dried fruit and nuts on a table. I was a Toa of Plantlife. I closed my eyes, focusing harder, and disguised it by sighing, as though I had given up.Then, a tree erupted from the bowl, its branches shooting toward Chronn, trying to wrap around him and cocoon him in wood. I also used my power to cause the wooden supports in the hut to grow backwards, disconnecting them from each other. Taking a chance, I stepped backward, wondering if I'd recieve an electric shock.

IC:IcarinIcarin watched things unfold before him. He was quite bored and didn't really care if either of the two died. They were both evil. But he was bothered by one thing. This Chronn fellow seemed like a cliche detective from the stories.

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

IC: ChronnI figured this victim was someone connected to him, why else would he care about trying to solve the murder. It seemed obvious to me, I hadn't yet realized what had really happened. But this fool was getting on my nerves. And I would have to remove him from my building."And why would you want to visit this worthless island? Getting a little to dangerous in your pit on the islets?"Then, my Trailmix came to life and tried to kill me. It was probably due to the fact that it wanted revenge for me eating it, or just the fact that I was facing a Toa of plant life. Yes, that option seemed the more likely one.But he also tried to move, giving him a nice zap. Which made up for the fact a tree was growing in my office. So I turned my power to frying the tree, electrocuting it and charring it black. It was turning to ash, which I knew I would have to clean up.I hated cleaning.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: VenenI grimaced as pain shot through me, but it only lasted a second. Chronn turned his attention to the tree, meaning that he wasn't zapping me. I watched as he charred the tree, reducing it to little more than ash. But I wasn't done, not by a long shot. It'd take more energy, but I could create a plant.. or, rather, plants.I began my attack by sending vines shooting up around him, in an attempt to strangle him. I also created a tree, which started to grow under and then around Chronn. If he fried the tree, he would risk frying himself. After all, to free himself he'd have to do more than just kill the tree, which would cause it to catch on fire."I had business rivals. They're more dangerous than you, Chronn. And you," he said, pointing to the Toa that was watching them, "I advise you to leave before Chronn ruins your life, too. Or has he not told you of his past?"

IC: ChronnNow things were getting interesting. I was being attacked by multiple plants. Not that it would really pose much of a challenge, seeing as it was me taking them on, no plant would ever be a match for Thedar Chronn. First was taking out the vines, then I would get at this foolish imbecile.The vines were sliced and diced cleanly by the sharp tip of my staff, not posing much of a problem, but then there was a tree growing up under me. And another Tree in my building, would not really pose a problem at all. I did what I did to the first, charring it and breaking free of the burnt and weakened branches, that were breaking apart on their own from the charring frying they had taken. Now I had more ash, and parts of a tree to clean out. A few bits were on fire, but I didn't care.I was feeling a little drained in elemental power, and I was sure he was too, growing plants like trees at such speed would probably take quite a bit of energy. But, I still had enough to shock that fool into the next century.I walked up in front of Venen, the grin of a predator on my face. I made sure I was out of range of his knife attacks, but not my staff. This wasn't over, not by a long shot. Now it was my turn to go on the offensive. Lightning flashed from my palms, streaking toward his armor with the intent to kill."Wrong, you have never met anything more dangerous than me."

Edited by The Dark Chronicler

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: VenenI barely managed to block his attack with a wall of wood. My power spent, I collapsed, landing on my hands and knees. "Kill me," I growled. "I dare you to. Show your true colors. Let the world know who you are, what you did to me."Slowly, I sank, until I was lying on the ground. Under my body, my hand rested on my lethal dagger. I had one chance...

IC: ChronnI hadn't expected him to run out of power so quickly. But I guess he used more than I had thought. But now, he was defeated, and I could end this here and now. This fight would be over, my past no longer trying to destroy the present and the future."No."I turned, walking away from him, shaking my head calmly."I'm not that person anymore. What I did was in the past, and I have payed dearly for it. But that is the past. I'm not going to let it ensnare me for the rest of my life. Your life is your own to live, so live it. I will live mine, and let the past leave me free. The Thedar Chronn you knew is gone."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles