Gangs of Metru Nui

Padishah Mehmet II

OOC: It's ok, you didn't do too much with Leraj. Besides, the acts you made him do were very characteristic of him so I didn't really mind. From now on we can do it differently.

The Spherus Magna thing is suspicious though, since in this game the MU inhabitants shouldn't even know of such a place.

IC Leraj

(Ko-Metru, Knowledge Tower):

Leraj could see Kayn was upset by whatever he had seen in the telescope. The Toa of Iron took the telescope and looked into it himself, gasping silently at the sight of several bodies littering the snow. Something peculiar was going on. It might have been the reason for Vakama to send Kayn to this desolate Metru and Leraj after him.

"We need to get down there and inspect the situation", he said. "But we must be careful not to be spotted by whoever did this to them."

IC Miira

(Central Po-Metru, Area 31):

Miira did his best to stay hidden behind the rubble as he stalked the Fe-Turaga walking seemingly alone in central Po-Metru, as if he owned the world and could conquer any obstacle. Such foolhardy confidence failed to impress Miira, for he was the cautious, calculative type.

Miira's reason for being here was a simple one: he had come to collect weaponry left over by battles between the Northwinds and the other gangs. He would bring these weapons back to Ta-Metru where he would use them to teach his students to adapt to fighting with various new tools. Adaptability was an important concept in a city that was constantly in motion. This was another one of those lessons Balta had taught Miira so long ago. Miira almost shed a tear in memory of his deceased mentor, but managed to regain his focus.

Deciding to test out the Turaga's confidence, Miira stepped out of the shadows to greet him. He wanted to know what business this Turaga was on and whether he was an ally or an enemy... or an asset to be used. "Who are you?" he asked. "What is your business here?

OOC: Here's interaction, Shadowhawk.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

OOC: I've explained in the discussion topic that by Spherus Magna, I meant Aqua Magna, so there shouldn't be any issues left about that. I'll also add the specific location like you have done to make it clear we are in the same area but only if the whole section is in that area.

IC: Kayn: Ko-Metru

I rushed towards the elevator, assuming Leraj was following suit. Getting in, I hit the button and the elevator started it's quick descent to the bottom.

Things had suddenly escalated, making this mission instantly more interesting and fast paced.

The elevator, however, seemed to take forever.

There was no floor count.

Just the blank door.

*DING*

The elevator doors opened and we were outside again. Looking around frantically for anything that could help up get to the suspicious scene, nothing. I turned to Leraj.

"Any idea how we can get to that wreck?"

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

IC (Ko-Metru, Alpha)

Alpha regarded her pack for a moment; it was not often she had a moment to take a full accounting of their numbers. Things had gone better then she expected as three-quarters of the pack still intact. She had expected to lose fully half their numbers in this ambush. This bit of good news left some ill tidings behind it however. She would need to feed them again sooner then she had anticipated. While seven corpses would keep half of her pack content for some time; it would do significantly less for the remaining quarter.

She leaped off the wreck with one swift movement, determined to see if the overturned transport concealed any food or the like. Perhaps this had been a supply shipment. That would take care of her problem quite nicely. If not…well, there were was never a shortage of Blades.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: (Aglesis)

Aglesis for a moment shifted his focus to the shard of ice growing near his face. Determined not to be impaled by his own ice energy, he shattered it.

"There are easier targets, you know."

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

OOC: Ah, Aqua Magna makes sense.

IC Leraj

(Ko-Metru):

Leraj shrugged. "We could use an abandoned chute or hijack an airship... or just walk, though that will take some time. Then again I don't think those corpses are gonna stand up and walk away on their own."

"Good point." acknowledging Leraj's statement about the corpses. "We should walk, to not attract any unwanted attention."

My mood dropped quite a lot since I looked through that telescope. I was sure that I saw someone blending in with the snow, but even with my enhanced vision it was difficult to tell. I didn't tell Leraj in case he wanted to head back or something, it was for the best to keep it to myself.

We walked, at least for a couple of bio's until I could see the wreckage in the far distance, I could pick up the slight smoke coming off and in to the air. I turned to Leraj again.

"Can you see the wreckage over there in the distance?" I asked as I pointed towards the seemingly small blip near the horizon.

IC (Ko-Metru, Alpha)

There was no food to be found. Every last morsel had been stowed into her pack or had slide down the gullets of her packmates. The convoy had been stripped clean, thus, there was nothing left here for her and hers. It was time to move on. Like a queen looking over her subjects she strode into the center of the pack, watching as they slowly gathered around her, tongues lolling out, breath visible in the cold air as they awaited her next command. For a moment, she felt a burst of pride as the wolf-rahi stared at her, awaiting the command of their alpha. This was her pack, they were, in many ways, the only beings worth trusting in this city. Even if they turned against her at some point, they would be honest about their intentions. Such was life amongst the rahi.

Silently, she raised her staff into the air, a signal they knew well. Moments later the howls of her pack screamed across the freezing landscape, proclaiming their victory to any other rahi that happened to be listening. This call also served another purpose for it would attract new packmates, eager for the safety numbers provided.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Kayn: Ko-Metru EDIT : Thanks Oryx!

While me and Leraj were looking for clues before we got any closer to the wreckage, we heard sudden howls, sharp enough to be like spears in the wind.

I looked towards Leraj, showing him a look of confusion.

I let go of 'Typhoon' with one hand and let the remaining one drag it along the snow as I started to walk closer. I stopped after a few steps and turned towards Leraj once again.

"I think we should get over there right away, don't you think?" I said as I turned around back towards the wreckage in the distance, awaiting his answer.

It was definitely apparent that something was hanging around over there, I wasn't looking forward of finding out as to what.

Edited by Toa Kayn

IC: [ Laredo ('Scruff') ] - Central Po-Metru

Reflex.

Pure, honed reflex.

I pivoted and dropped and drew and fired, all in the one fast, practiced motion, right knee slamming home in the dust, shoulders hunched, Dragon Flame blazing hot from my fist. I could see the figure, a wavering shadow in the falling dusk, and I triggered three shadow-swift warning shots into the rubble at his feet, their reports forming a continuous echoing roll of thunder in the desert silence.

Reflex. Reflex, clean an' simple.

Right. Left. Center. Three shots in one point five seconds, three shattering fiery concussions as the bolts blew deep ragged craters in the earth and steel. Crystal protodermis shattered somewhere amidst the debris, and I heard the tinkling crish as half-molten fragments splattered against armor, stone, and a nearby empty whiskey flask.

Then my brain caught up and my heart rate steadied and, keepin' the handgun trained steady at his chest in a rock-like grip, I growled, "I live here, punk. Name's Scruff. I run Area 31... 'the Bunker', if you're a local."

IC: Kapa (Archives)

Kapa glanced back to see Vilu single-handedly fighting Skyra and a bug larger that he was, then sharply reminded himself to focus on the task at hand. Five more feet...two more feet...almost..."Got it!" He exclaimed to himself. Kapa turned aroung again to see a matoran sitting on the shoulder of Vilu and constricting the air out of him. They appeared to be listening to Jarros whom Kapa had forgotten about. He started running to the aid of his "friends." Then came the fire, again. Skyra's attack on Vilu faultered. The Frost beetle hissed, then picked up Skyra and carried her off. Kapa watched, stunned. Then, he snapped out of his odd trance. He dashed toward Vilu and Xaron, who both had their backs to him. When Kapa reached them, he knocked Xaron off Vilu's shoulder with one of his katana.

OOC: Kayn: You said Ko-Koro. You meant Ko-Metru, I assume?

2xu8Ptu.png

OOC: Oryx, Xaron was already off Vilu.

IC Leraj

(Ko-Metru):

Leraj put a hand in front of Kayn, saying "Hold." He listened to the howling sounds. They were coming from all over the place, but the cold mist was making it hard to spot anything. "I have a bad feeling about this. Last time I barged into a fog like this I was mutated. I'd rather not have that happen here. We need to take this one step at a time."

IC Miira

(Po-Metru):

Miira shouted as the Turaga opened fire on him. Fast reflexes helped him take cover behind a nearby pile of broken Kanoka disks before any bullets struck him. After the assault was over, he peeked from behind his hiding place.

"What are you, mad?!"

OOC:

Eh... just so you know, that was three shots total, all of them deliberately aimed to miss. Warning fire, as I said. None of 'em aimed to 'strike'. ;)

I chuckled at that, but I didn't let down my guard... although I did chance a quick glance back over my shoulder. You never know. This could be a trap, a diversion. This guy could be the decoy, settin' me up for a hit team from behind.

"Me? Mad? Naw. Just careful, that's all. You can't ever tell who's out for blood, nowadays."

OOC:

Alright, I read you plain now. :P

I could see him now, make out a few of his features in the dim light. A Ta-Matoran. Tough lookin' little guy. Athletic build, red Kanohi Miru. Not all that much of a threat, though, not at this range, and he looked to be alone. But I wasn't takin' chances. I kept Dragon Flame up and leveled, feeling it click and whirr a bit as the internal energy converter commenced to reloading the three magazine slots I'd emptied.

"If it's gangs an' that rabble you're speakin' of, well, firespitter, I play a lone hand. I reckon if I was to side with anyone, it'd be the Northwinds, but I don't side. Live and let live, I say. I just come out for a breath of fresh air and a look 'round, that's all."

I let him think on that a mite, then added dryly, "This is my neighborhood, after all. If anyone's a stranger and a probable enemy, it's you. So don't be pulling the 'boo-hoo' tactics on me; I've got the right to shoot first an' ask questions later if I want to. Right of self-preservation."

I nodded at Leraj. His suggestion was probably a good idea, he was definitely right about the howls sounding scattered.

I spun 'Typhoon' around my hand while I was moving my arm behind me, slotting my shining blade into its sheathe.

The wind seemed to pick up.

I lowered in to a crouch, while signaling for Leraj to do the same.

"Alright, we'll do this slow and quiet." I told my fellow Toa as I started to move towards the wreckage for a second time, keeping low.

I kept my Hau at the ready, making sure to scan the environment while moving closer, to encounter any possible threats from afar. My hands kept steady in case I had to use 'Typhoon'.

At this point there could have been anything over there but my main thought was some sort of pack-orientated Rahi, due to the howls that came from more than one place.

I hoped that it was nothing or that whatever caused the destruction had moved on. Then again, we would end up investigating anyways.

At least this was more calm than whatever was going down at the archives, if that was still even happening.

Edited by Toa Kayn

IC Miira

(Po-Metru, Area 31):

Miira frowned. This guy sure was tight. Then again, given the recent events, could he expect anything else?

"I didn't know this was your property", he said, trying to sound peaceful and sympathetic. "I'm not a threat to you, I can assure that. But there may be others here who are. Do you have shelter?"

IC Leraj

(Ko-Metru):

Leraj nodded to Kayn and also crouched, slowly walking in a different direction. He wanted to see thw wreckage from another angle. For a moment he thought he spotted something moving among the fog, but couldn't get a clear look.

Plasma blaster at the ready, he walked closer and closer to the wreckage. Soon he was close enough to see one of the bodies clearly. Then he heard a howl to his right and quickly turned, almost launching plasma in the direction. He contained himself, instead waiting silently for any threat to show up.

OOC: It seems we might finally see action soon!

I heard a howl that sounded like it came from where Leraj was. It was definitely close, not as close as I was to one of the bodies, however.

I quickly examined it, definitely of Blade origin, hard to tell as it was. All the person had left to know them by was their rifles and skeletons. I was tempted to take one of the rifles but that would mean I was really desperate, so I left it alone.

I questioned about Leraj's safety.

"Leraj, are you alright over there?!"

I removed my left hand from Dragon Flame's ridged grip and gestured casually to my left, up the street. If one turned his head just the right way, the noticeably empty patch of desert and the three-story concrete blockhouse at the center of it, the grim square-cut compound that was Area 31, would be just visible through the falling night.

"Technically speaking, this right here that we're a-standin' on ain't my property... but that there is. Shelter? Sure as I got shelter, little man."

His question had been so innocent, so tragically ironic, that I nearly cut loose with a nice big belly-laugh, but I didn't. I scrunched my eyes up into electric blue slits, looking mighty fearsome, and growled, "And now, what's that you're saying about 'others'? Are you alone, are you trailin' half a dozen other useless kids along behind yeh?"

OOC:

Ha ha, gotta love that attitude... this old maniac is turning out to be even more fun than I'd expected. :P

OOC: Taipo, Xaron is currently invisible, and couldn't have been seen by Vilu at that moment.

But it's still a threat, even if spoken to 'air'.

IC: Xaron

That Toa he had jumped on had threatened him. He had threatened to kill him.

This had been the second time a Blade has threatened to kill him. He didn't want a second attempt on his life. Xaron has a smug smile on his face, though.

Like he could even see me. Hah.

Xaron slowly inched away, and moved into a better position to throw his knife at the newcomer Toa...they seemed a much bigger threat than the one who attemped to kill the other wounded Toa.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

OOC: Indeed....

IC (Alpha, Ko-Metru)

The shout did not go unheard by the pack of wolf rahi, who turned almost as one towards the noise. Alpha strode to the front of the pack, which parted to make way for her with an almost indecent amount of haste. Her packmates began to sniff the air, testing out the different scents, seeking to isolated whoever had made that noise. Hefting her staff in one hand, Alpha took careful stock of the sights before her. If someone hoped to ambush them, they would live just long enough to regret their folly.

Edited by Basilisk

I thought bad about myself for breaking silence like that. I really had to get used to the fact that me and Leraj were more vulnerable than usual in a situation like this. It was selfish of me to draw attention to us. I wanted to say sorry but that would draw attention even more.

'Stupid, stupid' I thought to myself as I imagined the Rahi rapidly closing in on us, after hearing my shout. Leraj didn't have to reply, but then again I would have thought something had happened to him.

The visibility of this area was terrible.

I backed up against the destroyed transport so my back was pressed up against it, all while taking out 'Typhoon' and readying my Hau for a second time.

'Leraj better get somewhere defensive.' I thought to myself, fearing for his safety. What would the Circle think of me or him if one of us were killed in a desolate place such as this?

OOC: Well, things have escalated pretty quick :P

Edited by Toa Kayn

IC: Skyra

For some reason we had stopped, I heard Manaka say something about a Matoran but I was too out of it to really comprehend what was going on. I was tired, injured, and drugged. Today really wasn't going that well for me.

I leaned back against the beetle, I just wanted to sleep really....

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

[iC - Callerin] - [Onu-Metru] - [Archives]

Listening to Vilu, Callerin focused her elemental powers and began focusing on sources of heat in the area, her cloak glowing as she used it as a focus. Xaron, while invisible to light, had his location lit up as bright as a Naming Day tree to her powers.

"Ko-Toa, you should stop shouting at the air. Especially when you're announcing you're low on elemental energy, which shouldn't be a problem when your enemy is a mere Matoran. However, since you feel the need to address the subject, you should be aware I am still quite well off with my powers. One of these being the ability to detect sources of heat, which are rarely masked by invisibility."

She allowed those words to sink into Xaron as her mind focused on the ground immediately below the Matorans feet. The stone and metal floor began glowing red as it was superheated, something far less flashy but more practical than most expected from Toa.

Walking away, she said, "My abilities are better used elsewhere on the field," all the while keeping her ears alert in case the Matoran was foolish enough to move for a counterattack.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Xaron

Karz.

The smirk instantly dropped from his face. He was right, after all. The Ta-Toa was the bigger threat. And, if the Toa decided to stay...

Xaron suppressed the thought of becoming a roast Matoran. Xaron walked backwards, careful to keep his footsteps as silent as possible. He then moved to the side, slowly, quietly, away from the Ta-Toa, and away from the Ko-Toa.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: (Iceblade - Archives)

"Unlike you, ease is not my prime directive," he pushed in harder, knowing the wood would give, and that he was stronger than his opponent.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

[iC: Nepak] / [Onu-Metru Archives]

Nepak was beyond words. Had he just been spoken to by a... frost beetle?

He raised his head to meet the creature's crystalline eyes, a gormless expression plastered across his mask.

Edited by OmiChron

Nokama Chameleon

IC: (Aglesis)

Aglesis smiled, and locked up his knee. Bringing it up, he aimed to knee Iceblade in his lower body.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC Miira

(Po-Metru, Area 31):

Miira had long ago mastered his hot temper that was common in all Ta-Matoran. He pushed aside the Turaga's insult - calling him a "useless kid" - and instead focused on practical matters.

"I'm alone", he said truthfully. "I'm not here for a fight, just on a gathering mission. But I lead a combat training school. So I'm no sludge in a battle when it comes to it."

IC Leraj

(Ko-Metru):

A sound in the distance. A moving figure.

By reflex, Leraj turned and fired his plasma blaster in one smooth motion, the ball of super-heated gas traveling fast towards whatever was waiting in the fog. "Kayn, cover!" he shouted.

IC Vilu

(Onu-Metru):

Vilu grunted. Maybe it was time he left the battlefield.

Leaving the invisible Matoran to his probable fate, Vilu swiftly grabbed his battle axe that had fallen from Skyra's hand and ran into the darkness of the Archives.

"That so, eh? And just who's a-sendin' you into Po-Metru these days? You ain't got the look of the Circle, nor the Northwinds, exactly..."

The top of my head itched suddenly. I scratched it carefully, still watching the Ta-Matoran intently.

Combat training school... There could be some business in this. I deal in equipment, see. Weapons, armor, masks, and so forth and so on.

OOC: Okay, you've guys had your first taste of fun, now it's time to move said fun elsewhere, especially considering I'll have to work on my term paper over the next couple of days and won't have the time to monitor you in detail. :P

NPC IC: (Onu-Metru Archives)

Suddenly, the ground shook, the combatants finding themselves tossed off their feet and off their stances, be they offensive, defensive or confused. Vengeance was no exception. Having been distracted by that fireball and then lured away from Vilu by another couple of enemies, the Fury leader had been very occupied with stabbing, punching and shooting away at everything mobile and unfriendly in sight, and as such, when the ground shook, he found himself staggering forward, barely avoiding impaling himself on a Blade's longsword long enough to stab the poor sod right up his armpit.

Oh, he knew what this was alright. While everyone looked confused, awaiting some other tremor or an emerging giant Rahi, as was typical in such stories, Vengeance knew that this was something much worse.

Everyone had frozen, standing quiet, unmoving and fearful of what was to come next. Except for Vengeance. Vengeance simply grinned.

And then, blinding all the combatants, a single ray of light emerged, shattering the vast darkness, from the western side of the hall. Then another one from the east, from the way Vengeance and his Fury had come. The ground shook yet again, and somewhere along the ground, something clicked.

It became blatantly apparent two seconds later that what had clicked was a smoke grenade, as a vastness of dark, thick clouds filled this underground hall. All the while, Fury comlinks suddenly caught a very, very specific message.

"Back the way you came. Hurry, now."

Vengeance knew this voice, and knew that it was very wise to follow that particular bit of advice. The rest of the Fury, too, recognized the voice of one of the gang's most profoundly unique operatives and did the same, quickly jumping off their feet and dashing towards the blinding light on the eastern side. It was at that same moment that anyone lacking a Fury radio communicator was hit with a strong, almost remarkably strong pulse of magnetism, forcing them to the ground for just about five seconds.

By the time the Blades and neutrals had finally stood up, the lights had disappeared, and so had the Fury, who, to their eternal amazement, found themselves in a completely different part of the Metru than they had come from - they found themselves in one of their Onu-Metru bases, in a storeroom which was almost entirely empty, save for a Toa of Stone with a Hau and the most nonchalant expression that one could even physically muster in such a situation.

"Enaltai," Vengeance muttered, just a little bit of anger in his voice. "Was there no less chaotic way of getting us out of that mess? And what did you do to begin with?"

Enaltai simply smiled. For about a second.

"Liquor, anyone?"

OOC: For the record, if anyone tries following the Fury down the path that they disappeared in, they'll just end up in another part of the Archives. :P

Edited by .saorsa

What's that expression kids like so well these days? Face... somethin'.

Facepalm. Yeah, that's it.

I made a mental facepalm, then slid my right forefinger down and backwards off Dragon Flame's trigger guard and back onto the trigger itself. I put a bit of pressure to it, not enough to engage the firing mechanisms, but enough to open a few safety valves and let a mite o' steam vent from the muzzle. Very dramatic.

Then I looked him straight in the eyes and barked, "Cut the muckety-muck, short stuff! Tell me who you're workin' for, fast, or you won't be workin' for no one in a minute, not anyone at all!"

IC Miira

(Po-Metru, Area 31):

"I work for no one but myself and my school", Miira said, backing up a few steps. The pile of junk was right next to him in case the Turaga decided to fire. "But I live in Ta-Metru, so you might affiliate me with the Fury."

I relaxed a bit, moving my finger back onto the trigger guard. "The Fury, eh? I reckon they're not all that bad... not all that good, either, but I ain't got anything against 'em, not personally."

I was silent for a moment then, seemingly lost in thought, but actually using my innate control over Iron elemental energies to remotely 'frisk' the Miru-masked wanderer for weapons an' such. A useful trick, one that I was still able to pull off as a Turaga. Anything on his body that was made of metal, I'd be able to detect.

I heard something being fired, followed by a frantic command from Leraj, I turned around and jumped up, grabbing on to the side of the transport, which was facing towards the sky.

With a strong pull, I lifted myself up and took cover inside the wrecked transport, still peering over the side I came from.

In the ground and through the snowy mist, I could make out shadows, moving around near me. I kept 'Typhoon' by my side, anticipating some form of attack.

If I were to be attacked, I would respond defensively, to find out what I was up against.

'Some scouting mission this is.' I thought as I was shaking off the nerves. Waiting.

OOC: I assume the transport is like those crawly things that carry the spheres in the second Bionicle movie

IC:

If the Frost Beetle could've frowned, it would have. This little Matoran was in shock, simply from meeting him...excitable little creatures, they could be. After a moment of indecision, it reached down, grabbing the Matoran and putting him up next to Skyra.

"Manaka can help," it said docilely, continuing to walk off in the direction of Ko-Metru.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now