RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

IC [Dorian]

"Yes, and self defense keeps you alive. You are a soldier you know, there's some speck of you in there that knows how to shut off the rest and fight. Just doesn't come out very much." Dorian reached out and grabbed Ashley's towel, tossing it on her. "There you are oh master of levitation."

Edited by Engineer Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Nicole wandered toward the lift, unsure what she was going to do. She stepped inside and hit the next floor down. Some time was spent wandering through the following corridors before she saw a familiar face, something she had not expected. Vincent, the man she had spoken to aboard the Brasillia was crouched over a set of dented pipes. Nicole looked at him shyly.

"Hi," she said nervously. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything but I thought it might be nice to talk to a crew member who isn't angry with me over something or other."

Edited by Atton Rand

IC [Dorian]

"I think I like you better this way actually." Dorian was doing his best not to start laughing, and failing.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

-==IC: Anna==-

Anna blinked, as the towel flew onto Ashley's face, and Anna barely resisted the urge to laugh, as her face twisted into a partial smile. Tapping Ashley on the shoulder, Anna pulled the towel off Ashley's face, and chuckled slightly.

"Well, if you wanted to dry your face, that was always an option too." Anna teased, as she wondered if that was the levitating mentioned.

IC [Dorian]

"Nothing more interesting? Fine: observe, homo catus, in its natural state." Dorian accepted the yarn and gave it a soft throw, sending it rolling across the sand at a modest rate.

voidstars.png

Souper Saladd, The Slug Who Doesn't Care (Enough)

So this was all a firestorm of crazy, wasn't it? It wasn't that the slug didn't care, it was that at the moment, the slug was doing its best not to beat the ever living daylights out of those who kept using psiionics or their body physics to make a huge amount of noise. Flat against the towel that the slug had brought, Souper remained on their back, trying to imagine what a sunset might look like in this sort of place. Xhe wondered how many suns it could have, how it's perigees enacted themselves, what sort of food might the locals make, or better yet, what type of food could the slug make out of the locals if they were hostile. Ah...calming thoughts.

Anna looked surprised and impressed, and watched the ball soar through the air, smiling the whole time.

"That's very impressive!" Anna said, her reaction to Ashley's comment about the person inside her head forgotten as the impressive feat occurred. Anna mused for a moment, however, as she thought about other things.

"What about.. People?" Anna asked, curious as to the extents of these abilities.

IC: Ashley

"Ahhh! My yarn!" Ashley hadn't expected Dorian to throw her precious ball of string. She leaped out of the lounge chair and pounced onto the yarn, causing sand to fly everywhere. Once she was sure her prized possession was safe she scurred back to Anna. Sitting back down on the lounge chair as if she'd never left.

"Sorry about that...did you say people? I haven't tried to levitate a person yet..though I did sent a certain person who assaulted me flying backwards before you showed up..."

Think we can do it?

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC [Dorian]

"My imaginary back is going to have a sprain, but we can try." After a bit of finagling Dorian managed to get a grip on Ashley and with some effort, lifted her up. "Huh, you're surprisingly light, all things considered."

[Colonel Ojeda]

The Colonel glanced over in Ashley's direction, only to see her floating in mid air, somewhat laid out, like she was being carried. She glanced behind her to the Majors, raised an eyebrow, and then turned back to the water. "Do we really want to know?"

voidstars.png

OOC: ... I'm going to so regret this. =P

Anna looked very surprised, as Ashley herself levitated, and stood up, as she looked around, to see she was in fact levitating.

"So cool!" Anna exclaimed, and then wondered something.

"What about.... Two..." Anna mumbled, as a mischievous smile slowly appeared on her face.

OOC: Gonna just give a chance for people to react... =P

IC [Dorian]

"Nope, nope, not in the contract, the back is already killing me."

voidstars.png

IC: Nicole wandered toward the lift, unsure what she was going to do. She stepped inside and hit the next floor down. Some time was spent wandering through the following corridors before she saw a familiar face, something she had not expected. Vincent, the man she had spoken to aboard the Brasillia was crouched over a set of dented pipes. Nicole looked at him shyly.

"Hi," she said nervously. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything but I thought it might be nice to talk to a crew member who isn't angry with me over something or other."

IC Vincent

"Oh, hello." The mechanic turned to look at Nichole. "Back already? Though I suppose some people do need to stay on the ship just in case."

IC [Dorian]

"No, but my imaginary back probably represents the bit of your mind exerting the force, and so if it sprains, so does your brain. Killer headache, don't want that to happen."

voidstars.png

Anna, of course, could not hear Dorian, which was the one issue of being simply a consciousness residing in Ashley's mind, which only Ashley, and therefore not Anna, could heard. However, she frowned as Ashley voiced Dorian's opinion.

"But... If he's in your head, doesn't he not have a back??" Anna asked, making the assumption that since there was no-one nearby that would fit the description, that Dorian was not in fact someone physically here.

"Though..." Anna's mischievous smile returned, as her eyes sparkled.

"About as best a time to try as any, right?" Anna asked, obviously wanting to jump up no matter what.

IC [Dorian]

"Back equal brain, sprain equal headache. I'm not doing it for your own safety."

voidstars.png

Anna looked disappointed; but nodded.

"That makes sense." Anna said with a chuckle, as she smiled again.

"If that's the reason, then that's perfectly fine. Though, that could've been mentioned first, Mr. Whoever-You-Are." Anna said, not sure where to look to address Dorian, so she just looked around for a moment and focused on Ashley's face instead, since Ashley had mentioned Dorian was inside her head.

"Ehehehe, if you want." Anna said with a smile, as it was an intriguing idea; however she noticed Ashley seemed a bit sadder, and scratched her head for a second.

"I don't want you to get hurt; I just hadn't realized that and I can be mischievous, so it was more a chance thingy..." Anna said, attempting to explain that she wasn't disappointed with Ashley, just that her chance had vanished because of potential harm; but she had a bad feeling that that wasn't working out well, and she, again, didn't want to lose the friend she had just met.

IC [Dorian]

"There is a simple solution to this." Dorian eased Ashley down back onto her chair and tried his best to pick up Anna, though the woman weighed ever so slightly more than Ashley so it was a bit more of a feat. "I look forward to the day when you can do this without my involvement, be so much nicer."

voidstars.png

Anna squirmed a bit as she was picked up, as the sensation was definitely different and not exactly what she expected, however, she laughed out, as she looked over at Ashley, amazed that this was possible, and most definitely enjoying the feeling of levitating in the air.

Anna laughed, as she floated in the air, and then attempted to flip over in midair, to see if that was actually possible.

"This is pretty fun!" Anna called out to Ashley, obviously enjoying herself, and finding the ability very cool.

This would be a fun ability to have, though I don't know if I can handle having someone in my mind...

IC: Ashley

Ashley giggled, finding the whole thing pretty fun herself. The fact that she'd only just begun to learn how to use her new powers was pretty daunting. She really hadn't expected to have been able to lift people up with her mind, even with Dorian's help.

"Yeah this is a lot of fun! I've only had these powers for a few hours and I'm already doing stuff like this." She hadn't even tried mind reading yet, or speaking to people through their minds. She wondered what else she could do.

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"No, I don't think we do." Will responded, noting the Colonel's position two or three meters away. Close enough. Without leaving his back float, he began lazily paddling closer, and closer, moving as silently as possible towards his target. He shot Estelle a look, indicating that she should go after Ojeda as well.

Closer... Closer...

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"I served three tours in the frontier Daniels, sneaking up on me doesn't work, certainly not when you're in plain sight."

voidstars.png

IC: Nicole sat down against the wall, looking at Vincent. "It's nothing like that," she said. She took a deep breath before she spoke again. "Everybody on this crew hates me. I'm no good to anyone. In fact I probably won't be here much longer. I'm getting transferred; I was just told to come back here until all the arrangements had been made."

IC:
Gaven got up and wandered over to where Ashley and Anna were sitting, curious about what he had seen and heard. "...did I just see you two floating in midair?" he asked.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

"That's very cool!" Anna said; the fact that she'd only had the powers for a few hours and could already do this stuff was very cool. However, as she was about to ask more stuff Gaven walked up and asked his question, and Anna simply waved at him from midair to answer the question.

IC:
Gaven looked up, perspective having kept him from realizing that Anna was floating. "Well, I, uh, I guess I did. How exactly are you doing that, Ashely? All I've heard is something about a man in your head," Gaven asked.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC: Nicole took a deep breath. "I mentioned earlier that I was going through therapy when I was assigned. I've been messed up in the head since Gaia, but this time it got really bad. I can't control it, I just sometimes have these massive outbursts and I attacked a crewmate. Ashley, the one who had the man in her head. There was some weird stuff going on and the only explanation I could find for why towels were floating around and I got pushed into the pool when nobody was behind me was that it had something to do with that man. Then I attacked her trying to get the answers."

Edited by Atton Rand

IC Vincent

"... What?"

Did he say something bad?

"N-not the outbursts, I mean-i get that, it must he difficult for you, but... Person in head? Floating towels? You got pushed into the pool with nobody behind you?"

As one could see, Vincent was missing the point.