Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

Actually, the Inika never beat the Piraka. They just weren't annihilated by them, which was due to the Red Star giving them electrical powers and them having mask powers that were very convenient against the Piraka's abilities. And yes, that was due to destiny.

The Nuva lost to the Piraka because they didn't know what they were up against. They'd never faced opponents like them before.

It might also have something to do with which Toa were sets in that year. ;)

Edited by Sir Kohran

So then, the Anti-Team's powers will be:

Brutaka- His regular powers plus all 42 Kraata Powers.

Vezon- None at all

Lesovikk- Air plus being crazy

Sahmad- Again, none at all

Metus- Backstabbing

Ahkmou- Erm..... Backstabbing again?

If we saw a bunch of old villains on a team like this, I would be so happy. I think the Stars could have done something like this, but...

• Upvote 1

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

Actually, the Inika never beat the Piraka. They just weren't annihilated by them, which was due to the Red Star giving them electrical powers and them having mask powers that were very convenient against the Piraka's abilities. And yes, that was due to destiny.

The Nuva lost to the Piraka because they didn't know what they were up against. They'd never faced opponents like them before.

It might also have something to do with which Toa were sets in that year. ;)

True, and the points about the Nuva not knowing what they were up against are good points, but from a pure power perspective...Nuva should've won. But hey, there's that whole plot convenience thing....erm, I mean destiny.

Yes, this out-of-control Bionicle 2015 hype is stirring up the entire internet...honestly, the leaks and mysterious happenings on lego.com have created what I'm going to call a hype powder-keg. When we finally get official confirmation of the return, well...that's when we're gonna see real hype.

• Upvote 1

The hype powder-keg will explode into a supernova of hype. A HYPERNOVA!!!

I read an interesting comment on LMB that I thought was worth sharing, since I entirely agree with it. They said if Bionicle came back next year, they didn't want the Toa Mata to be the heroes every year, like in HF, because that would get very boring very quickly. I completely agree with this. Part of the reason I went of HF was because I was tired of buying slightly modified versions of the same heroes all the time (albeit that was a very small part of the reason; I'm not a massive HF fan). 

I think part of the reason Bionicle was so successful was because the heroes did change so often. Even if we did have the same heroes two years in a row, they still wound up being very different to what they were like the year before. Case in point: the Toa Nuva had a lot more armour, different weapons and very differently shaped masks to the Toa Mata. The Toa Hordika looked entirely unlike their Toa Metru forms (and their Turaga forms, if you want to take those into account). Same with the Inika and Mahri. When the Bionicle characters changed shapes and looks, they really changed. 

The constant evolution of the sets and continual development of the characters to adapt to different situations was a big reason why I remained interested in Bionicle throughout its duration. If offered something new and unique each year, rather than recycling the same stale old builds and characters all of the time. 

I know some people will disagree with me, but... meh. It's just my opinion. You don't have to agree with it if you don't want to. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy
  • Upvote 4

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Personally, I would like to see elements that haven't been mentioned in the story. Not lightning and such, but new elements all-together.

With new colors like, beige, cyan, etc. I think that would be amazing for mocing and the story. That's if they continue the story though. (i'm sure they would :P)

• Upvote 1

[Work in Progress]

<_<

Personally, I would like to see elements that haven't been mentioned in the story. Not lightning and such, but new elements all-together.

With new colors like, beige, cyan, etc. I think that would be amazing for mocing and the story. That's if they continue the story though. (i'm sure they would :P)

I totaly agree! It was a kind of boring to see the same six elements all the time...

• Upvote 1

-  :t: :u: :r: :t: :e: :x:

Check out my photostream at Flickr!

I just remembered this: Sometime earlier, someone was talking about how it is unlikely that Bionicle's fans "brought back" Bionicle or that Lego will cater to such a small portion of the fanbase. 

While this is often true, some companies are eager to take advantage of the niche collector market - look at Transformers and Star Wars, for example. Yes, the vast bulk of Transformers purchased are taken in by young children, but Hasbro still puts out expensive Masterpiece sets for the adult collector community. Do not discount our opinions so easily!

• Upvote 4

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

some companies are eager to take advantage of the niche collector market - look at Transformers and Star Wars, for example. Yes, the vast bulk of Transformers purchased are taken in by young children, but Hasbro still puts out expensive Masterpiece sets for the adult collector community.

Please explain how this proves or suggests that fans have brought back Bionicle.

• Upvote 1

I just had a great idea for a possible variation on the CCBS which Bionicle could use:

1. Torsos could come in two pieces: one with the hips, and an upper piece with the neck, shoulders and connection point(s) for the torso armour;

2. A variation on armour shells could be designed with smaller side plates and spaces on the rear of the side plates so that two could attach together using pin holes like those on the front of current shells to fight the gappy look of many CCBS plates;

3. The aforementioned torso could connect together with a ball joint to give even more articulation.

And finally 4. I WANT MOAR CAPES! So if a whole series of canister-sized sets with capes came out, then the CCBS variation could either have connection points for capes on the shoulders of the upper torsos, or they could use a connection like Vezon did. I believe that this would be the easiest option, as the only two CCBS sets with capes so far have been Furno XL and CHI Sir Fangar, and they both used complex constructions to give connection points for the capes.

And I want lots of capes, especially if the new sets are indeed called ">name<, Master of >element<.

• Upvote 1

VBWj75sh.png

I just had a great idea for a possible variation on the CCBS which Bionicle could use:

1. Torsos could come in two pieces: one with the hips, and an upper piece with the neck, shoulders and connection point(s) for the torso armour;

2. A variation on armour shells could be designed with smaller side plates and spaces on the rear of the side plates so that two could attach together using pin holes like those on the front of current shells to fight the gappy look of many CCBS plates;

3. The aforementioned torso could connect together with a ball joint to give even more articulation.

And finally 4. I WANT MOAR CAPES! So if a whole series of canister-sized sets with capes came out, then the CCBS variation could either have connection points for capes on the shoulders of the upper torsos, or they could use a connection like Vezon did. I believe that this would be the easiest option, as the only two CCBS sets with capes so far have been Furno XL and CHI Sir Fangar, and they both used complex constructions to give connection points for the capes.

And I want lots of capes, especially if the new sets are indeed called ">name<, Master of >element<.

While I enjoy capes, I prefer them on my villains.

• Upvote 1

Was Vezon's cape thing canon?

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Canon or not, Vezon's cape was cool. If he gets brought back he needs a new cape. Personally, I'm wondering if Karzahni's cape was canon. It didn't strike me as being very practical, considering he was underwater

And yes, the CCBS needs to be tweaked to be more Bionicley. I think they need to bring back some of the technic-style armour plates, some of which are campatible with the CCBS already. Kalmah's armour plates, for example, can still be attached to the CCBS sets, and some of the others too. And this is more of a personal thing, but I want the masks to still be able to attack to the front of the face... like masks should. And the heads need to have actual faces, too. Lego's been getting kind of lazy with head design of late, just look at the Brain Attack heads (no faces underneath), so I think the best we're going to get is something more akin to the Av-Matoran heads, which is better than nothing, I guess...

• Upvote 5

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Canon or not, Vezon's cape was cool. If he gets brought back he needs a new cape. Personally, I'm wondering if Karzahni's cape was canon. It didn't strike me as being very practical, considering he was underwater

And yes, the CCBS needs to be tweaked to be more Bionicley. I think they need to bring back some of the technic-style armour plates, some of which are campatible with the CCBS already. Kalmah's armour plates, for example, can still be attached to the CCBS sets, and some of the others too. And this is more of a personal thing, but I want the masks to still be able to attack to the front of the face... like masks should. And the heads need to have actual faces, too. Lego's been getting kind of lazy with head design of late, just look at the Brain Attack heads (no faces underneath), so I think the best we're going to get is something more akin to the Av-Matoran heads, which is better than nothing, I guess...

I agree that Kanohi should attach the the front of the face - that's what's always been done, and I wouldn't like to see them change it. I could see it, though, if they were to use the Brain Attacks heads - much to my dismay, however :P

• Upvote 2

Otherwise implied: 

2 you once told me in a previous set of questions that Vezon’s cape was ripped in a battle. My question is in what battle did this occur and for that matter was Vezon the one who was fighting?

2) His initial efforts to tame Fenrakk

Cape ripping explanation is canon, cape is canon...

• Upvote 4

Vezon's cape was his way of compensating for the lack of Skakdi spines. (I have no idea if that's actually true, but it seems that way to me). Since he had no scary awesome spikes all over his arms and back, he needed to find another way to look disturbingly terrifying, hence why he got himself an epic cape of evilness. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy
  • Upvote 5

I didn't buy any Brain Attack. How bad were the heads anyway?

• Upvote 1

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

Since we seem to be getting a greater diversity in lego colors lately, hopefully we can see more specific color schemes set to specific elements, avoiding clashes like water/lighting/psionics or earth/magnetism/gravity.

• Upvote 2

I didn't buy any Brain Attack. How bad were the heads anyway?

They weren't bad, per se, at least not for HF characters. They were pretty similar to the Glatorian heads, but with an axle hole in the front in place of a face. It retained an axle hole on the top of the head, too, making it compatible with both Glatorian and Toa helmets/masks. They wouldn't be very good heads for MU characters, though, given their lack of face.

• Upvote 2

Now, a topic I've noticed resurface several times over the course of this discussion is that the CCBS won't do Bionicle justice. I thought similar, at least at first, and while I still strongly advocate that aspects of the CCBS should be redesigned to be more reminiscent of Bionicle, below is a little something I threw together to show that it is entirely possible to make a decent Bionicle set using CCBS parts.

And another thing... I hadn't even heard of Omega Tahu before I started discussing in this topic, and the idea has absolutely fascinated me ever since. So, here is my tribute to the legend of Omega Tahu, made entirely using CCBS parts. 

Now, if I could hammer that out on my laptop in just a couple of hours, I think it's safe to assume that Lego has been fully able to design good Bionicle sets in the months that it's had to work on this. Rest easy, my friends, Bionicle 2015 shall be brilliant. 

• Upvote 7

Now, a topic I've noticed resurface several times over the course of this discussion is that the CCBS won't do Bionicle justice. I thought similar, at least at first, and while I still strongly advocate that aspects of the CCBS should be redesigned to be more reminiscent of Bionicle, below is a little something I threw together to show that it is entirely possible to make a decent Bionicle set using CCBS parts.

And another thing... I hadn't even heard of Omega Tahu before I started discussing in this topic, and the idea has absolutely fascinated me ever since. So, here is my tribute to the legend of Omega Tahu, made entirely using CCBS parts.

Now, if I could hammer that out on my laptop in just a couple of hours, I think it's safe to assume that Lego has been fully able to design good Bionicle sets in the months that it's had to work on this. Rest easy, my friends, Bionicle 2015 shall be brilliant.

:drool: Heckz yeah! I'm going to get to work on my own - yours is sweet! Edited by Jakura Nuva
  • Upvote 1

Very good, but let's not forget that Lego is more than likely going to make new pieces for 2015 - they always have for new years. The molding of the new parts might take some more time. 

Regardless, you have a good point there. I am expecting good things from Bionicle, especially in the Titans category. 

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr

Nato- That Omega Tahu is excellent, and I love the shield, but I do think that your LDD skills could be improved a bit- there are quite a few gaps.

As for new pieces, I want some more swords; the only type at the moment is the BA sword which, quite frankly, looks horribly incomplete on its own.

Also, has anyone else tried to MOC some versions of the new sets using the pictures as a reference? I know I certainly have!

• Upvote 1

VBWj75sh.png

Someone said somewhere that so long as there's one fan left Bionicle has a chance of coming back, but I'm seeing a whole lot more than just one fan. BIONICLE 2015!!!

That was me :D

• Upvote 2

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

Very nice Omega Tahu, Nato! I hope they parody it as a joke in-story, like Greg's unanswered questions in FoF.

That would be amazing. Although, Greg has always maintained that he doesn't actually know what Omega Tahu is...

I guess we'll have to show him. 

Nato- That Omega Tahu is excellent, and I love the shield, but I do think that your LDD skills could be improved a bit- there are quite a few gaps.

As for new pieces, I want some more swords; the only type at the moment is the BA sword which, quite frankly, looks horribly incomplete on its own.

Also, has anyone else tried to MOC some versions of the new sets using the pictures as a reference? I know I certainly have!

Like I said, I just did it in a couple of hours yesterday afternoon. It wasn't meant to be perfect, (and it was surprisingly difficult to find red armour pieces).

New swords would be great. If it actually does turn out to be the return of the Toa Mata, I'd like to see remakes of their original weapons, scaled up to suit the size of their sets. And you're right, the current weapons do look kind of lame on their own as they are now. 

MOCing versions of the new sets? I'll add that to my to-do list.

• Upvote 1

rf    p0fvg-bpoooooooo

Sorry that was my cat. ^^^^^

Anyway, if bionicle made a comeback, I'd really enjoy a MNOG style flash game, preferably designed by Templar. The flash animations were certainly timeless works of art as well, considering I still watch them years and years later. 

• Upvote 1

kalija.png

all this is temporary.

Follow me on Twitter! @sean52711

I'll follow back.

rf    p0fvg-bpoooooooo

Anyway, if bionicle made a comeback, I'd really enjoy a MNOG style flash game, preferably designed by Templar. The flash animations were certainly timeless works of art as well, considering I still watch them years and years later. 

why don't you edit it so "rf    p0fvg-bpoooooooo" is no longer in the comment?

rf    p0fvg-bpoooooooo

Because the cat's input on this discussion is clearly important as well. Probably. Maybe...

• Upvote 3

rf    p0fvg-bpoooooooo Sorry that was my cat. ^^^^^ Anyway, if bionicle made a comeback, I'd really enjoy a MNOG style flash game, preferably designed by Templar. The flash animations were certainly timeless works of art as well, considering I still watch them years and years later.

You're implying it's different from the rest of the spam
  • Upvote 1

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

rf    p0fvg-bpoooooooo Sorry that was my cat. ^^^^^ Anyway, if bionicle made a comeback, I'd really enjoy a MNOG style flash game, preferably designed by Templar. The flash animations were certainly timeless works of art as well, considering I still watch them years and years later.

You're implying it's different from the rest of the spam

Probably the most acceptable of it, though XD

#CatsHaveRightsToo

Anyways, addressing what WW said: while I enjoyed MNOG (not so much with MNOG II), and would be happy to see a promotional game designed as such, I'm not sure a mainline game for the new line should be a Flash one. It just seems to different - and perhaps too simple - compared to the games currently on the NInjago and Hero Factory websites. And if they were to make a new Flash-style game, it'd be nice to see Lego experiment with another company rather than Templar.

Edited by Jakura Nuva
  • Upvote 1

rf    p0fvg-bpoooooooo

Templar did a great job with MNOG, because of three reasons. 

The first being the artwork. It was really independent from other flash games in the sense that when you see that style of art, you immediately associate it with MNOG.

The second is the way that the game was made. You didn't know who you were until the very end, so that added a mysterious aspect. 

The third is the music. That scene where Pohatu battles the Nui-Jaga....need I say more? 

The second reason might be dropped because it is to similar to the original game, but if Templar did agree to work with Lego again, that would be amazing nonetheless. 

bZpOwEr

I think a TV series would work best for a Bionicle reintroduction, but I'd want something just a little more sophisticated than Ninjago or Chima. They seem to be very bright and colourful, the fight scenes are childish, and the shows focus on little kiddy themes like friendship and such. I'd prefer a Bionicle TV series to take on the sort of tone that the earlier movies established.

They were very dark, the fight scenes were a lot more serious, and the themes were a lot deeper: the ideas of Unity, Duty and Destiny, and how they were actually important to the maintenance of the entire universe, rather than just a societal thing. Of course, they'd still be able to keep the occasional comedic elements to lighten things up a little.

Were we watching the same BIONICLE movies? Because the way I see it, the BIONICLE movies always focused on kiddy themes like friendship (except they called it "teamwork" or "unity"), and the fight scenes were scarcely any more serious than many of the ones in Ninjago. Unity, Duty, and Destiny are not especially deep themes to begin with, but Ninjago has managed to address them anyway without making them arc words and drilling them into kids' heads OVER and OVER the way BIONICLE did. Ninjago also has a greater variety of themes, including themes concerning family, something BIONICLE never really addressed.

Well, we may not get gear functions, but the recent Hero Factory Invasion from Below sets had a few technic-based features. The big blue crawler even had wings that I think used one of the old 2004-era bendy rods.

I'd love a few more technic-based elements in next year's sets. The thing that's always irked me about the HF building system is the lack of technic parts. I'd love to just see some of the old armour parts that could be connected using rods. They were probably my favourite part of the entire system.

Hero Factory's building system may not rely on Technic to the same extent BIONICLE did (armor can attach to a beam without needing a Technic pin in between, which is an improvement in my opinion), but there are still loads of Technic parts and functions, especially in the Brain Attack and Invasion from Below sets. 

And better yet, with Hero Factory using the simpler designs for their products, Bionicle might be able to return to their past history of using much more intricate models. It will take a few years for them to step away from the HF system, but I have high hopes for Bionicle's return set-wise.  I enjoy those high part count, thick instruction booklet breed of products, not those wimpy ones that they've been reverting to in recent years. 

However story-wise, this had better not be a reboot. I want a continuation, not recycled material.

I'm guessing you missed the part where most Hero Factory sets are about the same complexity of BIONICLE sets of similar price. Compare Toxic Reapa to Onua, Evo XL Machine to Makuta, Stormer to Ackar, or Dragon Bolt to the Gukko (this comparison works best if you subtract 25 parts from the piece count and $4 from the price, since Dragon Bolt doesn't come with a rider).

Building original BIONICLE creations could definitely be more challenging, but IMO that was a limitation of the building system, not an asset.

If Bionicle returns in 2015 and it's a reboot, what do you think the storyline will be like?

Back to basics. Six elemental heroes, the villagers they protect, and a mask quest of some kind.

I don't think there's anything lazy about the Brain Attack head design. On a functional level I think they're among the best head pieces ever, with more connection points than any other head piece and a basic design that can easily be used for things other than heads. Now, I think it's possible that the LEGO Group can improve the design even further if they should so choose, but I think the Brain Attack head piece was definitely a step in the right direction.

And I think the idea that masks should attach to the front of the face is a bit silly. It's fine for them to attach to the front OR top of the face. How it attaches has nothing to do with whether or not it's a mask — if it covers the face, then it's a mask, end of story. It's kind of bizarre that BIONICLE fans adopted this arbitrary standard for how masks should attach when even in 2001, masks could attach to Rahi in any number of bizarre ways, and the first mask that attached to the top of a humanoid character's head was released in 2003

Cat translator here.  That cat was trying to say that it would prefer a continuation.  A reboot? the cat said 'poooooooo' to that.

Also, on the thought of masks.  In the real world, if you have, say, a Halloween mask, some go over your head, some only cover the face.  A matter of choice, really.  I'm surprised most Bionicle masks attach to the face.  By the way, it if attaches to the top, you have more room for a face underneath (am I the only one who thought it silly that the Toa's masks went in their mouths?

~W.12.~

• Upvote 1

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.