The Elder Scrolls

What lies in the Data folder (meshes, textures, etc) are usually not the default game files. Those are all packed into Skyrim.esm. When you place something in those folders, the game loads those files instead of the regular ones. Removing them should not break the game at all. If you worry, then don't delete, just move the files to a different folder and run the game. If it breaks, move them back.
This is what I get for my knowledge of mods being limited to just knowing how to install them. XD Deleting worked, it's all good now, thanks!
rahkshi_symbol.png

Yeah, Jagged Crown may be cool and well-armored, but it cannot be upgraded anyway. So I didn't even try to keep or steal it.
While that may be true, it also has a glitch that can make it better. It's one of the few helmets that can be equipped while wearing a dragon priest mask or circlet. In my opinion, wearing it with a dragon mask is silly since the helmet isn't visible at all and there's no point other than extra armor. However, with the extra circlet, it can be very useful. Especially if you have the perk in the enchantment tree which lets you put two enchantments on an item. This means that you can have 4 enchantments for your head alone.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Yeah, Jagged Crown may be cool and well-armored, but it cannot be upgraded anyway. So I didn't even try to keep or steal it.
While that may be true, it also has a glitch that can make it better. It's one of the few helmets that can be equipped while wearing a dragon priest mask or circlet. In my opinion, wearing it with a dragon mask is silly since the helmet isn't visible at all and there's no point other than extra armor. However, with the extra circlet, it can be very useful. Especially if you have the perk in the enchantment tree which lets you put two enchantments on an item. This means that you can have 4 enchantments for your head alone.~U_K~
Wow, really? It would be very useful, I've just found Nahkriin. Where do you think I could find how to do that?

Wow, really? It would be very useful, I've just found Nahkriin. Where do you think I could find how to do that?
There's no trick to it. Just put on the Jagged crown and then put on a dragon priest mask or circlet. This also works with falmer helmets and Penitus Oculatus helmets.And if you were actually asking about how to get the jagged crown, just pm me and I'll send you a link.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

There's no trick to it. Just put on the Jagged crown and then put on a dragon priest mask or circlet. This also works with falmer helmets and Penitus Oculatus helmets.And if you were actually asking about how to get the jagged crown, just pm me and I'll send you a link.~U_K~
Well, I've already found it and given it to Ulfric, so I think I should just try to pickpocket it back from him, right?

Well, I've already found it and given it to Ulfric, so I think I should just try to pickpocket it back from him, right?
I have no idea. I only know of it working using the way I described I don't think they have it in their inventory. You could check though.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Stumbled upon an interesting glitch. I got attacked by a blood dragon, so naturally, I responded in kind.After a few nice hits with magics from me and J'zargo (and with a big amount of health left on the dragon), I suddenly absorped its soul and the dragon, who was still attacking us, turned skeletal and unkillable.I just don't know what went wrong...

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Stumbled upon an interesting glitch. I got attacked by a blood dragon, so naturally, I responded in kind.After a few nice hits with magics from me and J'zargo (and with a big amount of health left on the dragon), I suddenly absorped its soul and the dragon, who was still attacking us, turned skeletal and unkillable.I just don't know what went wrong...
Undercover Dracolich, that's what went wrong. Gotta be careful about things like that.Finished a second playthrough of the Dark Brotherhood questline. I still find it amazing that the man who signed the White Gold Concordant would be willing to accept his fate with such dignity..."But we had a deal..." Heh heh... sure we did. It's what you get for only paying 20K.Also, backstabbing - much more fun than stealth archer.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Why do I play this gameEDIT: Wait, Dark Brotherhood questline is or isn't what I described
You play it because the game feels like it gives you so much freedom about where to go and what to do how to kill things, coupled with the endless opportunities for roleplay and mods.The Dark Brotherhood moves on to greater things after you do some generic kills to prove your worth.

Me today: "What to do? Main questlines have been completed. Okay, let's try and see what happens if I kill some guards."Result: all guards in Riften chasing me( not the vendors, I already killed them :P ). I tried to put my swords down and... "Stop, in the name of the Jarl!" I looked at the "pay" option: 11482 Septims. LOL.The only thing I don't understand is, why did they attack the other vendors in the market when I killed one of them? o.O

I'm not sure, but I think the guards are a different faction from the vendors, so when you kill a vendor and the others attack you then the guards sees them as hostiles as well. Another possibility is that a vendor might have been hit with an attack from a guard by accident, causing him/her to attack them and thus be attacked in return. The same thing can happen if you hit your followers too much; they become hostile to you.

I'm not sure, but I think the guards are a different faction from the vendors, so when you kill a vendor and the others attack you then the guards sees them as hostiles as well. Another possibility is that a vendor might have been hit with an attack from a guard by accident, causing him/her to attack them and thus be attacked in return. The same thing can happen if you hit your followers too much; they become hostile to you.
Your second theory sounds plausible, the first doesn't, to me. I killed a vendor while wearing Nightingale armor using an Ebony Bow, with Sneak at 100 and Archery at 81, and none noticed me. They all just started saying "Another fight!" or "Someone do something!" and then, well, chaos ruled. Guards attacking vendors, me attacking vendors, guards and random people, guards attacking me. No my follower. Maybe Fire Breath hasn't been a good choice. But whatever. I still can't get why guards attacked citizens. As well as I can't understand why guards are stronger than "regular" warriors. They should be very weak, thanks to their light armor!

Well, Dawnguard's out today, but oddly, I'm not soaking in the one benefit given to us 360 players. I'll probably buy it soon, but I'm saving up for a gaming-savvy laptop, so I'm not too sure when. I definitely won't be getting it when the price drops or after I get the laptop, so I don't know why I'm postponing it anyways.Also, turns out most laptops now have the stuff needed for high-end gaming as kind of a standard, I just need 350GB.@Emile: Light Armor isn't necessarily weak. It gets pretty strong (not for guards), but don't judge it as inferior to Heavy. If you're a stealth-based character (which it sounds like you might be due to your 100 Sneak) that might be a problem to wear heavy. You should wear light or robes.

Edited by PurpleBouncy

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

As well as I can't understand why guards are stronger than "regular" warriors. They should be very weak, thanks to their light armor!
Well, they are employed as guards for a reason, they'd have to have some training. Besides, you can be a beast in Light Armor yourself, so why not the guards? :)

Oh, and also I know the Crown of Barenziah can't be worn. I know most things about Skyrim (I've been playing for six months). I just want to put it on a shelf or something.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

@Emile: Light Armor isn't necessarily weak. It gets pretty strong (not for guards), but don't judge it as inferior to Heavy. If you're a stealth-based character (which it sounds like you might be due to your 100 Sneak) that might be a problem to wear heavy. You should wear light or robes.
In facts, I started as a Heavy Armor oriented character, then I found out that it wasn't fitting for sneaking when some hagravens caused me trouble. But I was quite a noob ata that time.
As well as I can't understand why guards are stronger than "regular" warriors. They should be very weak, thanks to their light armor!
Well, they are employed as guards for a reason, they'd have to have some training. Besides, you can be a beast in Light Armor yourself, so why not the guards? :)
I thought to something similar: perhaps it's not the armor, but the health. And, yeah, one can actually obtain a perk which grants you double the basic armor rate and another one that boosts it if a complete set is worn, both for Heavy and Light, so they may have this thing or similar.
Oh, and also I know the Crown of Barenziah can't be worn. I know most things about Skyrim (I've been playing for six months). I just want to put it on a shelf or something.
Yup, it has a quite interesting design. Well, I think I've read on the official wiki for TES that you can take it for yourself from the head-mannequin ( right behind the desk where Mercer Frey used to stay ) where Vex will put it.

According to the info I have found, code-wise the guards of (for example) Whiterun belong to several factions: Whiterun; Guard Faction (for dialogue); Whiterun Guard; GuardFaction (makes an actor a guard); MQ104SoldierFaction; dialogue faction; MQ101PlayerFriendFaction. Vendors, on the other hand, do not belong to the guard factions. If anything makes a guard target the vendor faction or vice versa (such as an accidental attack while trying to hit something else) they might start attacking each other on purpose.I haven't managed to find their actual stats listed anywhere. I'll check in-game later.

Edited by Katuko

Of all NPCs in this game, the one I most wish to kill is Nazeem. If I hear him ask about going to the Cloud District one more time, I'm not gonna dignify it with a weapon strike. I'm gonna kill him with my fists. Nah. I'll chop him into tiny pieces to make a point.

They used to be adventurers like you, before they took an arrow to the knee. And I just butchered the entire Markarth guard with my assassin character a few days ago. Without using Stealth. The AI isn't adapted to dancing around them and stabbing them in the back with daggers when they have shields up, it seems. By about Level 30, any non-mage can take them on Adept or lower. Maybe Expert or Master for some, as long as you have enough potions. Mage characters can do it lower, with Illusion, or higher.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Well I just hit an odd glitch. Just finished the Battle of Whiterun on the Imperial side, and upon completing it, the Reunification of Skyrim quest is supposed to start. But instead the title pops up as "Started: [...]" and quest markers disappear. I can still progress fine, report to Tullius, then to Rikke, then take whatever fort, but there's no quest description and I have to hunt for the Imperial camps since I have no markers letting me know where they are.'Tis weird. Still, Battle of Whiterun reminded me that the peace treaty in the main quest was so worth the aggravation, Odahviing is so awesome to have during those battles.

rahkshi_symbol.png

Dawnguard is sooo much fun. Werewolves are so much more viable in combat thanks to the new perk tree. I'm a werewolf about 25% of the time now.Also, found a book called "The Sultry Argonian Bard." Quite amusing. Armored trolls look amazing. It's great that you can have one follow you around instead of a dog.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Well I just hit an odd glitch. Just finished the Battle of Whiterun on the Imperial side, and upon completing it, the Reunification of Skyrim quest is supposed to start. But instead the title pops up as "Started: [...]" and quest markers disappear. I can still progress fine, report to Tullius, then to Rikke, then take whatever fort, but there's no quest description and I have to hunt for the Imperial camps since I have no markers letting me know where they are.'Tis weird. Still, Battle of Whiterun reminded me that the peace treaty in the main quest was so worth the aggravation, Odahviing is so awesome to have during those battles.
In those cases, never, and I repeat never, have a follower. Odahviing will kill him/her anyway, accidentally or whatever. But, yeah, he's a great help in such battles. Especially when you find two dragons at the same time... >.>
Of all NPCs in this game, the one I most wish to kill is Nazeem. If I hear him ask about going to the Cloud District one more time, I'm not gonna dignify it with a weapon strike. I'm gonna kill him with my fists. Nah. I'll chop him into tiny pieces to make a point.
They used to be adventurers like you, before they took an arrow to the knee. And I just butchered the entire Markarth guard with my assassin character a few days ago. Without using Stealth. The AI isn't adapted to dancing around them and stabbing them in the back with daggers when they have shields up, it seems. By about Level 30, any non-mage can take them on Adept or lower. Maybe Expert or Master for some, as long as you have enough potions. Mage characters can do it lower, with Illusion, or higher.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
LOL at your Nazeem-problems. He can be quite annoying, very often. Every time I had to use Farengar's Enchanter I had to hear him. But now I have Hjerim, so who cares about Whiterun? :)As for backstabbing or assassinating Guards, well, I've tried it myself and it resulted to be impossible, even if my default equipment is this
Nightingale armor, Ebony Bow, with Sneak at 100 and Archery at 81
Add Assassin's blade perk and about 43 at One-Handed Weapons and it should be possible, normally. Instead, it isn't! It seems like brute force is the only way to eliminate them.And know what? Markarth guards are even more annoying than everyone. You've made me desire to kill some of them, maybe I'll also attack Calcelmo. Stupid mage.

I've never had a problem with Odahviing accidentally harming an ally, follower or otherwise. In the civil war, when we're capturing forts, yeah, a couple fellow Imperials get singed every now and then, but they've never been killed by my dragon.Also stop rubbing in Dawnguard lol. Us PC and PS3 players have to wait at least another month for it. ಠ__ಠ

rahkshi_symbol.png

Add Assassin's blade perk and about 43 at One-Handed Weapons and it should be possible, normally. Instead, it isn't! It seems like brute force is the only way to eliminate them.And know what? Markarth guards are even more annoying than everyone. You've made me desire to kill some of them, maybe I'll also attack Calcelmo. Stupid mage.
Brute force should be good enough. Just don't stand still and attack them when they're blocking. Markarth is filled with stairs and stuff. You can jump over them, then run around and strike them in the back. It might be harder to do with a PS3 or XBox, but on the PC it shouldn't be too hard. But yeah, you can get strikes in from behind and take them out with daggers.Bonus points if you manage to 1HKO a few with Mehrunes Razor.Except for my main. Even though the armor cap is only 560 or something, I made his 1000 just to see if I could get it that high. It's completely pointless, but it's still there. I can't really be hurt by anything except drowning.On that subject - do you know how hard it is to find a stupid water breathing enchantment? It's like they don't even exist. But they do, both the Good Wiki and the Evil Wiki say you can find them. So I'm scrounging the entire land of Skyrim so I can find at least one decent enchantment for my head slot item.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

And know what? Markarth guards are even more annoying than everyone. You've made me desire to kill some of them, maybe I'll also attack Calcelmo. Stupid mage.
What did Calcelmo do?The Reach remains the only hold I've ever had a bounty I acquired without accidently stealing something. That Forsworn quest. Killed like fifteen guards trying to escape. Wanted to set it up where I'd bust back into the city and like assassinate the Captain of the Guards, or the Jailer or the Jarl or something [but IIRC the Jarl was uninvolved in that quest] but instead I just got arrested by a bunch of Imperials when I was doing Alduin's Wall.*grumble*

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

On that subject - do you know how hard it is to find a stupid water breathing enchantment? It's like they don't even exist. But they do, both the Good Wiki and the Evil Wiki say you can find them. So I'm scrounging the entire land of Skyrim so I can find at least one decent enchantment for my head slot item.
My Argonian laughs at you! Especially since that was one of the first enchantments I found, and I have used it to get my enchanting skill to 100 on all my spare rings and necklaces.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Another hour in the character creator, another lesson learned. Out of all the human races, the only one's I can create an appearance for that actually looks human are the Bretons and, after hours of effort, the Nords. Yeah.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

I was irritated with my new Nord thief today [Nord for ALL the archetypes!]. I wanted to give him a leaner look so I set his weight lower on the spectrum, then got his face perfect and I mean perfect, only to find out afterwards just how skinny characters get. Was so frustrated.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

I can't remember if you had the PC or Console version, JC, but if you got the PC version then you can bring up the character creator mid-game via the code "showracemenu". This allows you to make all adjustments apart from actually switching race; you'd need different codes for that to prevent breaking anything.