OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Hey guys, I just realized, everything seems to be pointing towards a release of the Mask of Creation later next year, so does that mean an Ekimu set with it? He seemed to be the same size as the Toa in the animation shown at NYCC.

For me, BIONICLE was an epic science fantasy saga with a deep and complex lore, and was best when it was exactly that in its later years. I'm not sorry if that offended you.

Looks like that will be the style for the/a tv show

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

Looking at the BZPower twitter pics. Concept art is fantastic and the sets are awesome! I see old green and old blue is back! :D And I love seeing the preliminaries finalize into what we see now. And they acknowledge MNOG, which is awesome! Hopefully we get a game akin to it. And man, seeing the old 2001 masks compared to the new ones is super nostalgic. 

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

There is something called "The Temple of Time" on Okoto

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

No TV show. Sad face. Just online

Aw, no TV show? Darn. And here I was prepping myself to actually get invested in one. Still, online animations will suffice for now, especially if they're in the same art style as that teaser.

E: Books are returning! And they will not be authored by GregF! Color me extremely excited for those. Assuming the writing is decent.

Edited by Voltex

Story information will mostly be told in books, no other story was said to be worked on (comics, etc.)

Bionicle story animations will be a minute long and be released on the web

Greg Farshtey was a consultant during the early parts of the development. He is not writing the books.

Edited by Willess12

Online show? YESSS!!! I have Netflix, which means I wouldn't be able to watch it. Also, I don't have to worry about missing it! Also- the cartoon Toa are new, but the same! Onua is still a bulky hunchback, Tahu a fiery leader, Lewa a lithe and agile warrior, Pohatu a speedy fighter, Gali looks like a swimmer and Kopaka... is Kopaka.

Also- I think Onua was tired of being the shortest Toa, so he went and worked out until he was stronger without his Pakari than when he first used it.

Edited by RahkshiToa88

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I'm loving all these added bits onto the 2001 personalities, they make the Toa a lot more relatable. Especially Onua  ;)  (For some reason his name on the page is "Onya"... is this a typo?)

I can't wait to see these personalities fleshed out further, and I'd love to see what happens to the other '01 characters. I miss my Matoran.

WHAT'S UP, BUTTERCUP???

I'm loving all these added bits onto the 2001 personalities, they make the Toa a lot more relatable. Especially Onua  ;)  (For some reason his name on the page is "Onya"... is this a typo?)

I can't wait to see these personalities fleshed out further, and I'd love to see what happens to the other '01 characters. I miss my Matoran.

It is, on every other source it says Onua, and the original title on his character page said Onya first, but now it says Onua. :)

-Iben

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

No complex names in the story... I would assume this means that special names might be limited to characters and locations. Stuff like "Kanohi" might just be referred to using terms like "Mask" now. This doesn't come as too much of a surprise, considering what we've seen so far.

A lot of Bionicle terms haven't been "dropped" but aren't references as much (Kanohi, Toa, etc.)

We already knew Toa, but still

Edit: so that's what being ninja'd is like

Edit 2: seven solid gold masks!  and I do mean solid gold.

Edit three: seven solid gold masks at NYCC, I meant.

Edited by Willess12

Notice they spell ONUA here instead of ONYA on the webpage. Seems like like it was hastily put together

Edit: sorry, repost :P

Edited by Kuurai

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

Story information will mostly be told in books, no other story was said to be worked on (comics, etc.)

Bionicle story animations will be a minute long and be released on the web

Greg Farshtey was a consultant during the early parts of the development. He is not writing the books.

I'm very interested is seeing a Bionicle story written by someone who hasn't written for it before. And I'm so excited that we are getting books! I already knew that we were, but its still excites me!

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png