OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

There are no Matoran or Turaga on Okoto.

Looks like it really is a soft reboot:

The original Toa awaken without any memory and have forgotten that they are heroes.

Same Toa, different place.

Wait what?! Where is this information coming from?!

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

The TTV message boards.  They're posting everything they learned there, including a few things they didn't say on Twitter.

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

Yeah can we not use "Nuvaverse" and "Mataverse"? The "Nuva" as a concept do not exist in this rebooted version, but do in the old one, so it just seems very, very counterintuitive. I'd love for some naming designation, but those do not seem like good choices to me.

~|ET|~

I'm referring to the "core" universe (since I find all universes are equally important, just the "core" one is the one we focused on) from 01-10 as the Mata Universe (Mataverse) or Shattering Universe (Shatterverse) and the new universe as the Okoto Universe (Okotoverse).

Edited by Toa of Gallifrey

Yeah can we not use "Nuvaverse" and "Mataverse"? The "Nuva" as a concept do not exist in this rebooted version, but do in the old one, so it just seems very, very counterintuitive. I'd love for some naming designation, but those do not seem like good choices to me.

~|ET|~

Yes, please.

• Upvote 3

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

The TTV message boards.  They're posting everything they learned there, including a few things they didn't say on Twitter.

Are you sure this description just doesn't refer to the Toa awakening on Okoto for the first time, similar to how 2001 started?

If it is a soft-reboot, does it mean the Toa have somehow traveled to a parallel universe?

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Are you sure this description just doesn't refer to the Toa awakening on Okoto for the first time, similar to how 2001 started?

-NotS

Yes.:

It’s a reboot, but a soft reboot

The original Toa awaken without any memory and have forgotten that they are heroes. The reboot was compared to the "Star Trek movies" reboot, where there is a connection to the old universe.

Edited by Willess12

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Strange, because the new Star Trek movies were a hard reboot, essentially, only with Spock and the antagonist having come from the other universe. 

That kind of muddies the terminology a bit here, because if it's the original Mata in a new universe, it's basically a hard reboot with old characters thrown in.

Of course, it's a little complicated as well, considering last we saw, five of them were Nuva. Now they all appear to be on the same level again.

Yes.:

It’s a reboot, but a soft reboot

The original Toa awaken without any memory and have forgotten that they are heroes. The reboot was compared to the "Star Trek movies" reboot, where there is a connection to the old universe.

Wow! :) I'm actually quite excited about that, see how they connect it eventually. Really cool. So it's a soft reboot in disguise of a hard reboot eh? But it's fresh enough that it feels completely new, so no complaints from me. 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

My plans for the new sets: buy 3 of everything B-)

1. One set to keep built for my collection

2. One set to keep sealed NIB forever

3. One set strictly for pieces to use creatively

... and in the darkness bind them.  lol :P

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

Strange, because the new Star Trek movies were a hard reboot, essentially, only with Spock and the antagonist having come from the other universe. 

That kind of muddies the terminology a bit here, because if it's the original Mata in a new universe, it's basically a hard reboot with old characters thrown in.

Of course, it's a little complicated as well, considering last we saw, five of them were Nuva. Now they all appear to be on the same level again.

That, and Lewa's entire thing with his element being a bit ambiguous is also weird if they really are the originals.

AXKP5KC.png

That, and Lewa's entire thing with his element being a bit ambiguous is also weird if they really are the originals.

Another thing that's getting me is their personalities are similar to the originals, but not the same. Kopaka is clumsy? Gali has a terrible sense of humor? Tahu is forgetful? All of these are interesting personality traits, but none of these Toa displayed them originally.

I'm not complaining, of course; more thorough personalities is a blessing. But it doesn't quite line up with these being the same exact Toa.

• Upvote 2

Do you guys think these new sets will be bagged like HF or in canisters like the original? I prefer the latter, to be honest, but I think the bags seem a bit more cost-effective.

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

Do you guys think these new sets will be bagged like HF or in canisters like the original? I prefer the latter, to be honest, but I think the bags seem a bit more cost-effective.

I like baggies because...well...they're baggies! Simple and efficient. 

bZpOwEr

Oh they're totally going to be bagged, and the larger ones boxed. No way are canisters coming back. As much as I like lining them all up on display, it is for the best.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Actually, if they do a soft reboot, this is possibly the best way to do it.  No need to go through ten years of storyline: the Toa have forgotten it, and it can be revealed little by little as the Toa remember it, revealed at the end, or not at all.  Eventually, though, there's bound to be some explanation for how the Toa got here, so they'd have to show the old storyline.

Current theory: Something catastrophic happened in the main universe that threw the Toa into the Okotu-universe (it could still be in the main universe, but out of ignorance, lets call it that). They help fix whatever problems are going on, and for the big twist, they return to the main universe where they fight the thing that threw them into the Okotu-universe in the first place.

That's one way they could connect the old story to the new one.

• Upvote 1

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

Current theory: Something catastrophic happened in the main universe that threw the Toa into the Okotu-universe (it could still be in the main universe, but out of ignorance, lets call it that). They help fix whatever problems are going on, and for the big twist, they return to the main universe where they fight the thing that threw them into the Okotu-universe in the first place.

got to get back to the past...

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

So...pretty much 2009 all over again? Can't say that sounds too promising.

AXKP5KC.png

Long ago in a distant land, I, Makuta, the shapeshifting master of darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil (mask).

But a foolish team of Toa warriors wielding magic tools stepped forth to oppose me.

Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal in time, and flung them into the future, where my evil is law.

Now the fools seek to return to the past and undo the future that is Makuta.

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 8

I was thinking the same thing but their were send  to stop okotu-Makuta.

The sets are so good words don't even work anymore. Those heads tho... so hawt.

My thoughts exactly. I love the fact that they have mouths that don't have to chew on a pin on the inside of the mask. 

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr

On that A New Journey Begins Facebook picture, does anybody else see two moons planets in the back?

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

So the current story is planned for 3 years. Do you think they'll release the same characters again and again, like the Toa Mata, then the Toa Nuva? I'd actually prefer not, cause it pretty much outdates the first versions pretty quickly. Like if you've got your new Toa figures set up to fight the bad guys in your display, and suddenly you get new versions of the same Toas. Well dang, you gotta redo everything then.

Actually, if they do a soft reboot, this is possibly the best way to do it.  No need to go through ten years of storyline: the Toa have forgotten it, and it can be revealed little by little as the Toa remember it, revealed at the end, or not at all.  Eventually, though, there's bound to be some explanation for how the Toa got here, so they'd have to show the old storyline.

Indeed, it is actually a really good way to go about a continuation. When it starts, it's completely fresh because as you said, the Toa don't remember what happened before, so they can just tell whatever story they please. Maybe that's why Greg was only a story consultant; the new story team has creative control over everything, but they had to know what elements of the old story would cross-over, and that included the original Toa. If that's the case, I wonder if it has to do with the Mask of Creation being used to create a new world - the world of Okoto. Hmmm

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I'm waiting for Vezon to appear in it, then.

• Upvote 2

I'm waiting for Vezon to appear in it, then.

The moment Vezon appears is the moment I lose all enthusiasm in the new line.

• Upvote 4

Greg heavily implied it's not the same MoC, and if it was, creating a new universe would be outside its powers; the original MoC couldn't make anything you couldn't make by hand.

Fair enough. Well, according to the TTV twitter (https://twitter.com/thethreevirtues) they asked about the Mata being originals, and they received an answer about time travel. Hmmm...

I see this is where Willess12 was quoting from though. The half-a-Vahi thing intrigues me. 

-NotS

• Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg

Actually, on the Three Virtues Twitter I just posted -

There is a really good pic of the Skull Spiders. And it is an excellent mix of technic and constraction. Looks like it has a gearbox and a snapping function. I can see old school Bionicle-model fans who dislike the new constraction designs being pleased with this one.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

So much hate for a continuation/Time Travel/ Thrown in another universe. I don't know why, IMO it would be fine and I would follow this new story until the end.

Eh, first impressions I guess. I think it's really too early to be judging it entirely when the story technically hasn't even started yet. 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

So much hate for a continuation/Time Travel/ Thrown in another universe. I don't know why, IMO it would be fine and I would follow this new story until the end.

I personally don't hate the idea of a continuation, aside from the fact that Bionicle ended on a whole bunch of unresolved plotlines, and I also don't want the reboot to suffer because fans had to go and catch up on ten years of story.