OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Apparently a lot of Bionicle terms haven't been dropped, but there aren't as many references to those terms. "Things will be simpler without complex names in the story."

Ah well, at least terms like "Toa, Kanohi" haven't been gotten rid of entirely.

Where do they use "Kanohi?"

I wonder if those gold masks will be given away in contests like before?

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

Apparently a lot of Bionicle terms haven't been dropped, but there aren't as many references to those terms. "Things will be simpler without complex names in the story."

Ah well, at least terms like "Toa, Kanohi" haven't been gotten rid of entirely.

I mean, we haven't seen it used yet, but it will be used once or twice- just not as often as in the original story.

Edit 2: seven solid gold masks!  and I do mean solid gold.

So I'm guessing the six new masks and what as the seventh? MoC?

What, Limited promotion things already ? My new collection is incomplete forever, and I haven't even started.

It is a bit of a shame that there's so many extremely limited promotional items already, although I suppose they are pretty useful for building hype and getting attention?

It's confirmed at NYCC.

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

What, Limited promotion things already ? My new collection is incomplete forever, and I haven't even started.

It's no different than the solid Gold Hau promo or the Platinum Avohkii, really.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Deff

First Makuta, now real gold masks. I wonder what else will be making a comeback that I didn't think would? :P

I wonder if those gold masks will be given away in contests like before?

I wouldn't be surprised if they were. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Wait, where is the word "Kanohi" mentioned?

So it really is going to be a massively simplified version... Not sure how to feel about that, as cool as it's looking. :/

~|ET|~

Glad I'm not the only one who's a bit disappointed... hopefully the story will get more complex as time goes on though, like it did in the original Bionicle.

For me, BIONICLE was an epic science fantasy saga with a deep and complex lore, and was best when it was exactly that in its later years. I'm not sorry if that offended you.

It is a bit of a shame that there's so many extremely limited promotional items already, although I suppose they are pretty useful for building hype and getting attention?

The Hype Train is going to become a maglev to go as fast as it is going right now!

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Ah, nostalgia, my old friend! Reading all of these posts at work with a 2001 original Onepu sitting on my desk staring at me. The feels have arrived

(Hides phone while boss walks by xP)

Edited by Kuurai

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

So Gali has a bad sense of humor, Onua sleeps a lot, and Pohatu is scared of the dark. Wat? I see the path this is going.

Well, in old Bionicle, Onua rarely talked, Pohatu was scared of water, Kopaka had a bad sense of humor, Tahu was always angry and Lewa was always screwing around.

• Upvote 2

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I eagerly await collectible kanohi.

I'm scared to get my hopes up for them but at the same time I'm really hoping this will happen

I really hope the gold masks will be given out as contest awards or something. Which is undoubtedly what will happen; I just hope I'll be eligible.

It's no different than the solid Gold Hau promo or the Platinum Avohkii, really.

This is a very fair point. I'm not even really upset about those ones as I am about a convention exclusive... just letting hype and excitement get to me, I guess?

I totally have the "incomplete" feeling though... But these I'm at least a little more realistic on. :lol:

I'd have loved the chance just to see them in person though. They look just stunning.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

I'm liking Lewa's mask. It seems like it could fold up along the ridges to reveal his face if it was a real mask.

The only issue I have with Lewa's mask is that I see no immediate resemblance to any of his prior masks; Tahu, Kopaka and Onua all have masks that resemble their 2001 Kanohi in some fashion, Gali's resembles her Nuva mask, and Pohatu's resembles his Phantoka mask (and is actually EXTREMELY similar to Photok's mask from that year). Lewa's doesn't really have that same connection at all.

I was sure there would be people here crying about "HOW THESE SETS SUCKS THEY LOOK SO MUCH LIKE HERO FACTORY !!!!"

They may not be here, but they are somewhere in the Internet. I'm sure of that. :P

Pohatu riding a tornado. There's something I thought I'd never see.

Also on Pohatu's pictures, there are two planets in the background. Just wanted to point that out.

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I think there's a clear resemblance to his original mask, it just looks like it got half-eaten by a machine. You can see he has his original grin in the form of those wide holes around the mouth. You can see the design progression here, though I agree they lost something in the translation: https://twitter.com/BZP_Tweets/status/520261897892163584

I like that middle-top design; wish they had gone with that one.

Edited by Wrinkledlion X
  • Upvote 1

I'm liking Lewa's mask. It seems like it could fold up along the ridges to reveal his face if it was a real mask.

The only issue I have with Lewa's mask is that I see no immediate resemblance to any of his prior masks; Tahu, Kopaka and Onua all have masks that resemble their 2001 Kanohi in some fashion, Gali's resembles her Nuva mask, and Pohatu's resembles his Phantoka mask (and is actually EXTREMELY similar to Photok's mask from that year). Lewa's doesn't really have that same connection at all.

You are not alone with that sentiment. I love all of the other masks - and have even warmed up to Tahu's despite liking the preliminary one from the original leaks more. But Lewa's just looks... Well honestly it kind of looks like Matau Hordika's head squished to me... Which is weird. But it looks like no other Miru and it's just odd.

~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I think there's a clear resemblance to his original mask, it just looks like it got half-eaten by a machine. You can see he has his original grin in the form of those wide holes around the mouth. You can see the design progression here, though I agree they lost something in the translation: https://twitter.com/BZP_Tweets/status/520261897892163584

I like that middle-top design; wish they had gone with that one.

I'm wondering what happened to Gali o.O

not really feelin' only having two eye colors. They aren't even distributed 50/50. four of them have yellow eyes.

My friends and I don't have a 50/50 eye color distribution either.

your friends and you aren't a wave of LEGO sets

I just like to have an even distribution among a Toa team, though even better would be returning to the days of unique eye colors.

• Upvote 1

not really feelin' only having two eye colors. They aren't even distributed 50/50. four of them have yellow eyes.

My friends and I don't have a 50/50 eye color distribution either.

your friends and you aren't a wave of LEGO sets

I just like to have an even distribution among a Toa team, though even better would be returning to the days of unique eye colors.

I can see this as being a cost-cutting thing, which I am able to make peace on. I also would like more eye-types, but maybe the future?

• Upvote 4

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert