OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Reply to The Undertaken: 

Well when I say that Gali still looking like a man is that there is nothing different from her (and other female bionicle and HF sets) then the other builds that make her more feminine from the other Master and same go to the Mata, Nuva and same with the other female character sets like Hahli and Nokama, they all have the same builds as the other 5. Also just too make a note is that I was talking about the normal size build like the Masters, Inika and Metru, not something like Roodaka...        Also you forgotten one glatorian by the name of Kiina.

Reply to fishers64:

I don't see how she is feminine out of the 5, she have the same build like all the others like Pohatu but you do make a good point about the biomechanical.

Makaru:

ummmm...      what, I don't get how that chest armor would be "the best feminine chest".  :???:

And about her mask being masculine... I mean I always felt that the masks should all be neutral for everyone to use. Their masks shouldn't have to be a direct reflection of their gender, but rather their gender being reflected in their personalities and character.

I agree 100%

Fair enough, when looking at her overall build in respect to the other Toa, I an see what you mean(I knew I was missing something!). I forgot to check her build against the other Toa, and you are right! It seems to be that she has the same armour build as Pohatu and Lewa...

You see what appears to be my foot in my mouth? Yeah, that's not you hallucinating, that's my foot in my mouth.(gotta remember to do the same level of comparison to all groups in a set)

mnog3d_banner.jpg

biofight042_banner_plasmarun.png

-END OF LINE-

Let's try this: 

15367032019_7fdbbbd1eb_z.jpg
Image links to larger version. (It's the frontpage of bionicle.com scrolled down). 

As you can see, there are three chest pieces here. One is Onua, which doesn't look like a girl. Tahu, Pohatu, Lewa, and Kopaka all have the same chest piece, which shows their expansive pectoral muscles. Girls don't usually have visible pecs - instead, the top of their chest is flat and curves out.  

If you look at Gali, you can see that her chest is flatter near the top and flares out at the bottom. It's a reduced effect of real life, but it does exist.

With that said, though:  

If they're all bionic creatures, then gender should be a trait of personality, not physical build. For all we know, a female Bionicle could look like Onua and it could be normal.

I agree with this.

Edited by fishers64

The same chest piece...         you mean the one that Gali have as well, the black phantom chest armor also Kopaka, Pohatu and Gali have the BA body armor (which Kopaka should had have one in gold or white), plus I don't know why I put Onua as the other 5 witch would be other 4 so give me a Cup of Fail for that. But anyways Tahu, Pohatu, Lewa, Kopaka and Gali all have the same builds with different arm, legs and shoulder armors.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

The same chest piece...         you mean the one that Gali have as well, the black phantom chest armor also Kopaka, Pohatu and Gali have the BA body armor (which Kopaka should had have one in gold or white), plus I don't know why I put Onua as the other 5 witch would be other 4 so give me a Cup of Fail for that. But anyways Tahu, Pohatu, Lewa, Kopaka and Gali all have the same builds with different arm, legs and shoulder armors.

All the males have a different color chest piece to emphasize it, and Gali's is the same color so it's not as visible.

All the males have a different color chest piece to emphasize it, and Gali's is the same color so it's not as visible.

I don't see how either of you can miss how the top of that chest piece is angled away from the viewer. It could be an illusion based in color, but I'm pretty sure that was the illusion they were trying to create.

FTR I think Gali has an entirely different chest piece though. It's definitely appears more flat at the top than the other characters' chests. 

• Upvote 1

I'm facepalming just letting you know.

Anyways I don't see it chest piece "angled away from the viewer" also bioniclepluslotr we already know they all the different color chest piece (beside Tahu and Kopaka being Gold) same go to Gali unless you are talking about printings.

Also Gali chest piece is the same piece as the other 4 as you can see from the real life picture of the sets on BZP twitter.

Even in that image, Gali's chest looks the most girly to me. But that may be just my eyes tricking me at this point. Point is I think they tried. 

You're probably right about it being the same piece, although that close-up does reveal an additional ridge in the plastic that Pohatu doesn't have. :shrugs: 

• Upvote 1

The "femininity" of Gali's set is almost solely based on the upper leg shell placement. She's the only Toa to use the longer shells on her legs, and then placed on the front. The design is clearly meant to echo a more traditional view of feminine leg structure, considering hers are the only ones built like that. All other Toa use either a shell on the side for a more bulky look, or a smaller shell turned the other direction. These shell placements are not done randomly, you know.

• Upvote 5

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

The "femininity" of Gali's set is almost solely based on the upper leg shell placement. She's the only Toa to use the longer shells on her legs, and then placed on the front. The design is clearly meant to echo a more traditional view of feminine leg structure, considering hers are the only ones built like that. All other Toa use either a shell on the side for a more bulky look, or a smaller shell turned the other direction. These shell placements are not done randomly, you know.

If you forgotten about Breakout, Furno had the same legs same with breez almost, are you saying that Furno is feminine :P  plus Kopaka have the bulky shell on the upper leg.

Also I don't see how the upper legs would make a build like that feminine, I starting to think people are trying to find something to say that the Gali Set looks Feminine.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

If you forgotten about Breakout, Furno had the same legs same with breez almost, are you saying that Furno is feminine :P  plus Kopaka have the bulky shell on the upper leg.

Also I don't see how the upper legs would make a build like that feminine, I starting to think people are trying to find something to say that the Gali Set looks Feminine.

We should all admit it: Furno is a woman. There's no denying it. Let the headcanons and fan fics begin...

"Oh Furno," said Stormer, "You may be a rookie, but you're making me burn up. Let a trained veteran in this business show you how it's done..."

Edited by Banana Gunz
  • Upvote 4

So we're now all arguing about Gali's chest? Really this is what you guys are arguing over.

We only ever discuss the important stuff.

I'm guessing that was sarcastic.

No. No it wasn't. It is important, because most members of BZPower are young adults and older teenagers, who care about important things like sexism. It could be interpreted sarcastically, but it is true that the conversation was important. I think I just killed it if it was sarcastic, though.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

So we're now all arguing about Gali's chest? Really this is what you guys are arguing over.

No. No it wasn't. It is important, because most members of BZPower are young adults and older teenagers, who care about important things like sexism. It could be interpreted sarcastically, but it is true that the conversation was important. I think I just killed it if it was sarcastic, though.

No I meant that particular message, and it's just chest armour I don't see how it's sexist.

• Upvote 2

It's time to move on.

For those who didn't detect it (sometimes I have trouble showing it) yes, it is sarcasm.

I mean, if it wasn't it would be wrong on soooo many levels.

• Upvote 1

Can you all stop talking about biomechanical boobs, please? I mean, I am enjoying reading these posts, I really am, but it's a bit out of hand. There ARE children here.

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

Can you all stop talking about biomechanical boobs, please? I mean, I am enjoying reading these posts, I really am, but it's a bit out of hand. There ARE children here.

Yes there are children, but we are all being serious about it using the proper medical terms and relating the problems to the real world in a civilized manner. If you want to see out of hand, I suggest you visit some other forums.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Correction non-existent biomechanical boobs.

There's definitely slight boobs. I'll have to MOC bigger and better ones when I get her...

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

There's definitely slight boobs. I'll have to MOC bigger and better ones when I get her...

Well to me the chest looks the same as all the other toa, but I'll wait till I own her to judge if she has breasts or not(because people are honestly thinking about this). And please don't post those pics to BZP I've already seen images like that and it killed my childhood and I request you do not drive any further weapons into the body.

It's time to move on.

Looking at the picture again, I can see why people argue that Gali looks so masculine, but it still doesn't bug me that much. Could be MOC'd well with a twinge of effort.

And about her mask being masculine... I mean I always felt that the masks should all be neutral for everyone to use. Their masks shouldn't have to be a direct reflection of their gender, but rather their gender being reflected in their personalities and character.

I would argue that the masks (essentially being the characters' faces) should be the number-one priority for conveying a character's personality. Even in the original Bionicle, the idea that characters would exchange masks to use different mask powers was used sparingly after 2001, and more and more since then they've become most characters' default "faces". The fact that the masks in the new Bionicle are what bestow the Toa their distinct elemental powers only enhances this function—now the Toa have default "powerless" masks and their Masks of Power are pretty much uniquely their own as well.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm facepalming just letting you know.

Anyways I don't see it chest piece "angled away from the viewer" also bioniclepluslotr we already know they all the different color chest piece (beside Tahu and Kopaka being Gold) same go to Gali unless you are talking about printings.

Also Gali chest piece is the same piece as the other 4 as you can see from the real life picture of the sets on BZP twitter.

Thanks for letting us know. That's also exactly what I just said.

Well to me the chest looks the same as all the other toa, but I'll wait till I own her to judge if she has breasts or not(because people are honestly thinking about this). And please don't post those pics to BZP I've already seen images like that and it killed my childhood and I request you do not drive any further weapons into the body.

No, it didn't killed your childhood, your childhood is still there in the past. This is called taking a big poop on your childhood (and that what I feeling about G2 may be with copying the HL2 headcrabs and MLP G4 sisters).

Also this should had took just about 1 second to see that Gali is the same as the other 4, she don't have a different chest armor (good thing she didn't had Nuva Boobs), there nothing on her that makes her feminine and sorry but I find it really stupid that people are trying to find something feminine  about Gali, when again there nothing feminine on her.

No, it didn't killed your childhood, your childhood is still there in the past. This is called taking a big poop on your childhood (and that what I feeling about G2 may be with copying the HL2 headcrabs and MLP G4 sisters).

Also this should had took just about 1 second to see that Gali is the same as the other 4, she don't have a different chest armor (good thing she didn't had Nuva Boobs), there nothing on her that makes her feminine and sorry but I find it really stupid that people are trying to find something feminine  about Gali, when again there nothing feminine on her.

Whatever term you wanna use I'm just gonna ask everyone not to create perverse images of any bionicle characters(but people probably will anyway).

It's time to move on.

Oh right, because ideas like mind-control parasites that take the place of masks or a jealous sibling being the source of the theme's conflict were nowhere to be found in classic BIONICLE... nah, CLEARLY the new BIONICLE must be taking cues from Half-Life 2 or My Little Pony... :sarcastic:

And to say there's nothing feminine about Gali ignores her mask being the most feminine of any mask she's ever had in a set. Not to mention her streamlined leg and arm construction compared to the other Toa. Regardless of whether she looks overtly feminine, she's easily the most feminine-looking character within the current team. It'd be hard to mistake Onua, Tahu, Kopaka, Lewa, or Pohatu for a woman, but Gali can be seen as a woman considerably more easily.

• Upvote 8

Reply to Aanchir:

Okay that that Half-Life 2 and MLP was a joke, is it against the joke to not put a :P

Anyways yaaaa no, again Breakout Furno, and Gali mask don't even looking feminine, it look more like that mask belongs to Aquaman (joking with Aquaman) and we already talked about the Mask, the Legs and the Chest you would know if you read post before that one. There is nothing feminine about this Gali and for the love of Neptune stop trying.

Reply to Aanchir:

Okay that that Half-Life 2 and MLP was a joke, is it against the joke to not put a :P

Anyways yaaaa no, again Breakout Furno, and Gali mask don't even looking feminine, it look more like that mask belongs to Aquaman (joking with Aquaman) and we already talked about the Mask, the Legs and the Chest you would know if you read post before that one. There is nothing feminine about this Gali and for the love of Neptune stop trying.

I don't really have to "try". Her being the most feminine of the new Toa (and of Gali sets in general) is painstakingly obvious to me. Maybe some of this stuff is just subjective, since I've been using similar leg builds for female MOCs for a couple years now.
  • Upvote 7

Let's just all agree to disagree on this one, yah?

Personally I'm seeing this Gali as the most feminine one yet, without in any way "dolling" her up or making her less effective at combat. Whether or not the build is in fact feminine is largely going to be subjective, at least until we can come to a consensus on what a feminine build would even look like.

• Upvote 1

mnog3d_banner.jpg

biofight042_banner_plasmarun.png

-END OF LINE-

reply to Aanchir

Actually you pretty much are, like with the JB and BOTDF fangirls trying to say that those guys are good people. Because this Gali is just the same thing as the other 4 toa, there is nothing new and special about her set that make her different, like with Hero Factory Breez and the other Gali sets (like 2008).

Reply to Pohatu: Master of Stone:

Okay at lest it's not doge because I would had to kill someone.

Reply to The Undertaken: 

Beside biotuber who logic are mostly Nuva Boobs are everything female. (good thing I just stay in the ranting group on youtube)

reply to Aanchir

Actually you pretty much are, like with the JB and BOTDF fangirls trying to say that those guys are good people. Because this Gali is just the same thing as the other 4 toa, there is nothing new and special about her set that make her different, like with Hero Factory Breez and the other Gali sets (like 2008).

I don't know what either of those acronyms stand for.

And I've already mentioned the differences in her build that make her look more feminine than the others. She doesn't have any of that blocky mechanical armor on her arms or legs, giving them a more streamlined look. She has a more feminine-looking mask design. You seem to dismiss the first because male characters have had the same leg build before (which has nothing to do with this conversation, as I'm not trying to say she looks more feminine than all other sets ever, just more feminine than any of her teammates or previous versions of Gali), and the second because... well, I haven't figured that out yet.

On another note, she has narrower shoulders than Tahu, Kopaka, or Onua, and lower shoulders than Lewa or Kopaka. None of these factors on their own makes her look overtly feminine, but the fact that she was given all of these traits helps keep her from looking as "mannish" as the others.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 3