OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Well I'm glad to hear that romour most likely isn't true, I mean I hated the idea of having a major focus on blasters again like in the later years of bionicle. Speaking of which am I the only one who thinks it's about time the mods opened up an official 2016 topic? 

The summer wave hasn't even come out yet. 

• Upvote 5

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Well I'm glad to hear that romour most likely isn't true, I mean I hated the idea of having a major focus on blasters again like in the later years of bionicle. Speaking of which am I the only one who thinks it's about time the mods opened up an official 2016 topic? 

I'm relatively new to this site so I don't know if that's how it works but opening up a new thread for each year seems kind of pointless, I think that this thread was probably made for the "2015 bionicle reboot" more than anything, so next years waves still would fall under the reboot anyways. I don't see why they can't be discussed in this thread.

• Upvote 4

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.

I'm relatively new to this site so I don't know if that's how it works but opening up a new thread for each year seems kind of pointless, I think that this thread was probably made for the "2015 bionicle reboot" more than anything, so next years waves still would fall under the reboot anyways. I don't see why they can't be discussed in this thread.

Yes, but the title states "Bionicle 2015 Thread", which, if people know any sort of time, refers to this year, and not the next year.

• Upvote 3

*glances at my glass case of various blasters from 2006-2009*

*sobs*

• Upvote 5

bZpOwEr

"2015 is the gateway to 2016."

~The guy who made the thread

Discussion of leaks is still not cool though, even if they may or may not be fake.

Is there something I'm not aware of here? Is there a rule against discussing leaks?

Yeah, due to the nature that it can hinder relations with LEGO and what-not. The policy can be annoying, and some of us end up knowing cool tidbits of information with no way to tell anyone on here, but it's there for a good cause.

• Upvote 3

• Upvote 3

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

six elemental heroes known as the To a

THE OKTO PROTECTORS GUIDE

First of all, (sic).  Second, six Toa.  Ekimu is only listed as one of the journeyers.

So take it with this many grains of salt.

Thanks for breaking my spirit. I'll try to edit that in later.

• Upvote 2

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I'm looking forward to giving my self-MOC the Mask of Creation... :3

I'm pretty stoked for the new Skull Villain masks. They're so awesome looking! I'd do a MoC MOC but everyone else is probably going to do the same and I like my self MOCs to be unique for obvious reasons. XD

• Upvote 2

I'm pretty stoked for the new Skull Villain masks. They're so awesome looking! I'd do a MoC MOC but everyone else is probably going to do the same and I like my self MOCs to be unique for obvious reasons. XD

The onky reason I'm using it is because he has a LOT (I mean A LOT) of gold on him, you can see why when I post him in the MOC forums once he's finished. :)

• Upvote 1

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

The onky reason I'm using it is because he has a LOT (I mean A LOT) of gold on him, you can see why when I post him in the MOC forums once he's finished. :)

Hahaha, I'm looking forward to it. The MoC is a really nice mask, and I'm extremely tempted to MOC with it.

I look forward to using the Mask of Creation in the stupidest ways possible.

"HEY GUYS LOOK! I HAVE THE MASK OF CREATION AS A REPLACEMENT FOR MY HAND! MOST QUALIFIED PROTECTOR IN ALL OF THE LANDS COMING THROUGH."

• Upvote 2

Hahaha, I'm looking forward to it. The MoC is a really nice mask, and I'm extremely tempted to MOC with it.

I look forward to using the Mask of Creation in the stupidest ways possible.

"HEY GUYS LOOK! I HAVE THE MASK OF CREATION AS A REPLACEMENT FOR MY HAND! MOST QUALIFIED PROTECTOR IN ALL OF THE LANDS COMING THROUGH."

That... could actually work... o_0

• Upvote 3

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

six elemental heroes known as the To a

THE OKTO PROTECTORS GUIDE

First of all, (sic).  Second, six Toa.  Ekimu is only listed as one of the journeyers.

So take it with this many grains of salt.

I'm thinking of making a bad guy who controls salt.

• Upvote 4

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

The notes say something about them being sold in Europe, where in Europe? 

I thought that was just speculation? I checked the Berlin Lego store yesterday and they didn't have the summer sets yet. They also crammed all the current Bionicle sets on one tiny shelf.

• Upvote 1

Hail Denmark

Hey guys! Been a while... Anyway, I come heralding news! I was out shopping today (for the record, I live in Watford in the UK) and lookie lookie what I just so happened to find in the LEGO shop! There's half a receipt photo in there for proof of where I got them, as well as to show the UK prices in case that info's not out yet.

Apologies for the not great quality of the photos, only have an iPhone to work with. But I'll be uploading photos of the finished sets later when I've got time to build them all :)

Also, for the record, spoke to the guy at the counter as I bought them. He said they got them in yesterday and the management said it was okay to sell them, so check in your local LEGO shops just in case! I have absolutely no clue how widespread this is

• Upvote 13

Old Money, and herald of the Summer '15 sets ;)
qs2281.jpg

Interesting, very interesting... I have yet to see what role the skeleton combiners play or if they will appear in the story. Since Gali and Tahu are unaffected, could they be released later in a newer form with new shell pieces, add ons or even new mask molds?

• Upvote 2

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

So those half-trans half-gold masks got that way from being stolen and corrupted? Interesting. 

• Upvote 5

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

This is not a hugely important detail, but I love how the textures on the foreheads of the new skull villain masks echo the textures on the forehead/abdomen of the Skull Spiders, which in turn sort of echo the textures of the new armor add-ons from the Skull Villains. Even in G1, I always loved to see that kind of stylistic consistency. Not only did it improve the look of the sets (whether individually or as a group), but it also made creating consistency in drawings and MOCs that much easier.

The new combi models definitely look interesting! Pretty imposing as well.

• Upvote 8

Rb0OiJE.png
7m7wh3c.png

These guys are one of the most imposing combos I've seen in a long while. I can't wait to get my hands on them! 

Hopefully they won't pull a Manutri on us and make the instructions hard to access. 

• Upvote 3

bZpOwEr

Rb0OiJE.png

7m7wh3c.png

These guys are one of the most imposing combos I've seen in a long while. I can't wait to get my hands on them! 

Hopefully they won't pull a Manutri on us and make the instructions hard to access. 

As I was building Skull Warrior, I checked the back of the instructions. They're not live yet, but it looks like they'll be on the BIONICLE site in the same place the other instructions currently are. So, no pictures of them from me yet, but they'll be easy to find!

• Upvote 3

Old Money, and herald of the Summer '15 sets ;)
qs2281.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Rb0OiJE.png

http://i.imgur.com/7m7wh3c.png

As I was building Skull Warrior, I checked the back of the instructions. They're not live yet, but it looks like they'll be on the BIONICLE site in the same place the other instructions currently are. So, no pictures of them from me yet, but they'll be easy to find!

Yeah, LEGO doesn't advertise combi models on the boxes if they're not going to make the instructions available to everybody. LEGO Club combi models, like the Manutri, Pit War Tortoise, and Zyglak building instructions, are a totally different situation, and nowadays even those are available on the LEGO Club website for those who don't get the magazine.

• Upvote 2

Hey guys! Been a while... Anyway, I come heralding news! I was out shopping today (for the record, I live in Watford in the UK) and lookie lookie what I just so happened to find in the LEGO shop! There's half a receipt photo in there for proof of where I got them, as well as to show the UK prices in case that info's not out yet.

Apologies for the not great quality of the photos, only have an iPhone to work with. But I'll be uploading photos of the finished sets later when I've got time to build them all :)

Also, for the record, spoke to the guy at the counter as I bought them. He said they got them in yesterday and the management said it was okay to sell them, so check in your local LEGO shops just in case! I have absolutely no clue how widespread this is

I'm surprised that they are appearing in Lego Stores this early. I would've thought that they wouldn't be out anywhere until at least August. 

But anyways, congrats on getting them and thanks for the photos!

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Heads up, I've just added a bunch more photos to the album, we're now at 56 with closeups of each character!

Did the Mask of Creation come with the stand? It would be pretty awesome of Lego if they did.

Edited by Marvel Nui
  • Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Heads up, I've just added a bunch more photos to the album, we're now at 56 with closeups of each character!

Did the Mask of Creation come with the stand? It would be pretty awesome of Lego if they did.

Yeah, it does! It was shown with it at Toy Fair and everything. Toy Fair displays generally use non-LEGO display stands (or no stands at all) if the stand in question doesn't come with the set.

• Upvote 2

I just called my nearest Lego store (I live in NC, USA) and they said that they didn't even have any dates in the system for when they'd be getting the new sets. They said that all the stores in the country would be getting the shipment at the same time and it wouldn't be any time soon, probably late June early August, like we all expected. This is definitely a very limited release in very few places.

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.