OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Has anyone here imported Lego sets before? If so, would you recommend it just to get 'em early? 

There's rumors of the Bionicle summer wave getting a July release in Europe, and I wanna get my hands on 'em a.s.a.p. to review. 

From my previous experience with imports, i'll never do it again.

What happened?

• Upvote 2

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I would not be surprised to see something like that at some point. But remember, there are only 13 sets so far, with five more due in summer. That's barely enough to fill one of DK's fancy hardbound volumes. If we get a character encyclopedia, it might not be for several years—keep in mind that even Ninjago didn't get one until its second year, and as a high-profile System theme it introduced far more characters per year than Bionicle could.

I was actually thinking of a book that would cover the whole rich history of Bionicle (sets) from 01-current.

17551733524_a0efd45f66.jpg

The mask looks beautiful.

-NotS

• Upvote 3

tahubanner.jpg

Has anyone here imported Lego sets before? If so, would you recommend it just to get 'em early? 

There's rumors of the Bionicle summer wave getting a July release in Europe, and I wanna get my hands on 'em a.s.a.p. to review. 

What happened?

It took almost 3 weeks to come, and it was all busted up.

cringe

Hey BZP community!!!

I have finally completed my Winter sets. KOPAKA IS MINE!!!

I'll have some pictures and maybe reviews up after I build him. I don't know how I am going to film snow for my stop motion. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them.

Do we have an ETR for the Summer wave? Prowl needs him his Mask maker.

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Hey BZP community!!!

I'll have some pictures and maybe reviews up after I build him. I don't know how I am going to film snow for my stop motion. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them.

Around August...

...I'm currently trying to strategize how I'm going to space out the episodes of my series so I can effectively create the...

Defender of Time

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Hey BZP community!!!

Around August...

...I'm currently trying to strategize how I'm going to space out the episodes of my series so I can effectively create the...

Defender of Time

[large filesize linked]

We Were talking about time for a while, no?
Edited by Makaru

cringe

Hey BZP community!!!

Around August...

Defender of Time

[large filesize linked]

Ye I know, but it was sorta spoilery for my series. :P

Edited by Makaru

|

Hey BZP community!!!

Around August...

Defender of Time

[large filesize linked]

Ye I know, but it was sorta spoilery for my series. :P

Ok.

cringe

Am I the only one who thinks lego should have left the ancient city and the mask of creation until the second year? 

Yes, because then all we would have is the quest for the masks. A little more fleshed out? Sure but I'd rather have the plot delve into what actually matters: what is so important about those three masks and what is commanding all of these skeletal themed creatures?

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic

Am I the only one who thinks lego should have left the ancient city and the mask of creation until the second year? 

Yes, because then all we would have is the quest for the masks. A little more fleshed out? Sure but I'd rather have the plot delve into what actually matters: what is so important about those three masks and what is commanding all of these skeletal themed creatures?

Well my idea was that the first year would revolve around the mask of control and the resurrection of Makuta and then in the second year we would see MOC and Ekimu then in the third year MOUP. 

It's time to move on.

Well my idea was that the first year would revolve around the mask of control and the resurrection of Makuta and then in the second year we would see MOC and Ekimu then in the third year MOUP.

Looks like we're getting the first two years in the opposite order you're guessing at.

• Upvote 3

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Is anyone else curious as of to how the Mask of Creation arrived at its location back in the ancient city, or how it even got knocked off of Ekimu? I can understand Makuta losing the MoUP, but would the force from the blast REALLY knock it off of Ekimu's face? Even then, the protectors should have been able to find it, yet they don't seem to know of its location either. Despite all of this, it still ends up in the location where only someone who knows Ekimu would have placed it? If that were the case why didn't that person tell anyone? Why didn't that person put it on Ekimu's face? It seems a little suspicious..

It's also fun to think that the legend might have been slightly misconstrued, that it was actually constructed by a plotting Ekimu. Perhaps the real events that took place happened like this: Ekimu, who was often called the best mask maker, let all of the fame get to his head OR perhaps he was bored and wanted to challenge himself. In this instance it is HE who creates the Mask of Ultimate Power (breaking oath) and puts it on presumably in the region of stone in order to test it out. It corrupts him and causes him to go crazy, with only his brother Makuta, there to stop him. Makuta hits the mask off of his face, and the impact of the powerful artifact getting hit creates a shockwave that sends Ekimu back and causes his body to create a crater in the ground. Makuta remorsefully takes the Mask of Creation and puts it in their old work-temple in respect to his thought-to-be deceased brother. The villagers saw it a different way though. They cherished Ekimu and thought it was MAKUTA who had created the mask and harmed his brother, so they exiled him. Makuta most likely hid the Mask of Ultimate Power far from the grasp of anyone so that no other tragedies could happen. He saw what the mask could do to people, and thought it best that it be hidden from existence.

• Upvote 4

Looks like we're getting the first two years in the opposite order you're guessing at.

I never said that's how it would be I said that's how I would have liked it to have been done. 

It's time to move on.

I never said that's how it would be I said that's how I would have liked it to have been done. 

Well then don't think of ways that you want it to be done. What you should do is let the story play itself out instead of having a preconceived notion of how it should be. If we did that with everything in life, then of course everything would end up being disappointing. Just let things come and absorb them when they come THEN form an opinion. So basically, no opinions or preconceived notions of what the story should be until AFTER 2015 is over.  :P

Anyway, what does everyone think about my bogus bluff of a hypothesis centered around Makuta being the real hero? XD

• Upvote 2

My idea was that Makuta did make the MoUP, but only so he could stop his power-hungry brother. He uses the mask, but it takes control of him, digging deep within Makuta to find his deepest desire; to stop his brother. They fight, and Makuta defeats Ekimu, sealing him away. In remorse for the destruction he caused, Makuta seals both himself and Ekimu away so that no one would ever find the mask again.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

My idea was that Makuta did make the MoUP, but only so he could stop his power-hungry brother. He uses the mask, but it takes control of him, digging deep within Makuta to find his deepest desire; to stop his brother. They fight, and Makuta defeats Ekimu, sealing him away. In remorse for the destruction he caused, Makuta seals both himself and Ekimu away so that no one would ever find the mask again.

I like that thought a lot, but it still leaves the whole mask question unanswered. Also, I wonder if they'll introduce the concept of shadow/darkness as an element? Perhaps instead of the MoUP giving the user control over all of the elements, it instead created a NEW element due to its unstable nature. I mean, all of those elements searching for a dominant hold might result in the creation of a new element. This would explain why the mask itself cloaked Makuta in shadow. Does anyone else think that the whole increase in size might be a nod to how the original Makuta was formless? What if the MoUP took away Makuta's physical form and instead replaced it with an energized state of being? Maybe Makuta has currently taken on the form of a certain giant spider. This might also be why the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders exists. Makuta's original mask was the Mask of Control, perhaps after the battle with Ekimu he forged this new mask as a short-term replacement and then took on the form of LoSS, controlling an army of Skull Spiders and searching for all of the important masks for some type of nefarious purpose related to gaining even more power. 

Speaking of the site, if one clicks on the Okoto icon, there's quite a few tidbits of information on what Okoto is like. No specific landmarks or anything, but it gives you nice descriptive words on some of the regions and protector dwellings. I also noticed that "Great Sea" is capitalized, suggesting it's a landmark. It's listed two times and says that villagers from the water tribe worship the "Great Sea". There's ya a new important landmark on Okoto. You're welcome. :P

• Upvote 3

What happened?

I'm so glad I'm in Europe.

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

Speaking of the site, if one clicks on the Okoto icon, there's quite a few tidbits of information on what Okoto is like. No specific landmarks or anything, but it gives you nice descriptive words on some of the regions and protector dwellings. I also noticed that "Great Sea" is capitalized, suggesting it's a landmark. It's listed two times and says that villagers from the water tribe worship the "Great Sea". There's ya a new important landmark on Okoto. You're welcome. :P

I'm not finding this information. What version of the site are you on?

The North American version. :P

http://www.lego.com/en-us/bionicle/okoto

Just click on whichever region you want to learn about and you'll get a brief description. From there you should probably click on the tribe village tab and you'll get a little more information from their too. 

The North American version. :P

http://www.lego.com/en-us/bionicle/okoto

Just click on whichever region you want to learn about and you'll get a brief description. From there you should probably click on the tribe village tab and you'll get a little more information from their too. 

What tribe village tab? If I click on the "Earth Tribe Villages" link, all I get is a picture.

EDIT: Oh, I see it. I have to zoom waaay out, because the picture spawns near the bottom of the screen and is scroll-locked. Great web design strikes again.

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 2

Lewa became Gali. She will kill all who call her a man, her fanboy clones will destroy all who call her a bad set and those who say that she was on clearance... 

meanwhile Onua didn't care if he was on clearance

• Upvote 1

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Lewa became Gali. She will kill all who call her a man, her fanboy clones will destroy all who call her a bad set and those who say that she was on clearance... 

What?

• Upvote 1

cringe

lol u wot m8

Edit: Please make more substantial posts than this.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

|

What?

You forgot the Gali and Onua was (or still it from hearing my friend told me that there Target have on Onua or Gali anywhere) on clearance?

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Getting anything from europe usually takes a while.  I've gotten things from south america very quickly, including bionicle sets off eBay.  I've never gotten lego or bionicle sets from europe, but anything else i've gotten has taken a while to get here.  

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

What?

You forgot the Gali and Onua was (or still it from hearing my friend told me that there Target have on Onua or Gali anywhere) on clearance?

U wot m8o?  U wot??

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Hey just to let you guys know the second graphic novel has been listed, here's the link.

http://www.amazon.com/Revenge-Skull-Spiders-LEGO-Bionicle-ebook/dp/B00YD46B52/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433477658&sr=8-1&keywords=bionicle+revenge+of+the+skull+spiders&pebp=1433477667766&perid=06TBSRJGHNKGMT21N1VB

Also the synopsis suggests this tells the events of the webisodes, but this is the second book... So does the mean the first book is all about the history of Okoto? 

It's time to move on.

Woah, news! That picture looks menacing... and awesome!

Also, the 2nd Bionicle book has gotten a title: "Revenge of the Skull Spiders". FYI.

More news! Cool title.

Hey just to let you guys know the second graphic novel has been listed, here's the link.

http://www.amazon.com/Revenge-Skull-Spiders-LEGO-Bionicle-ebook/dp/B00YD46B52/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433477658&sr=8-1&keywords=bionicle+revenge+of+the+skull+spiders&pebp=1433477667766&perid=06TBSRJGHNKGMT21N1VB

Also the synopsis suggests this tells the events of the webisodes, but this is the second book... So does the mean the first book is all about the history of Okoto? 

OH BABY A TRIPLE

Looks more like a generic description to me.

-NotS

• Upvote 3

tahubanner.jpg