OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Honestly I'm going to hazard the opposite idea about the masks, and say the trans orange and blue masks represent the masks fully drained in story. The teaser for this wave had the forge with red and blue energy flowing from it. Instead of the two not getting snatched I wonder if those two are the ones that get fully melted or destroyed or what not.

The reason I'd argue against this, is that the half trans masks trans color is not that of the original color. The bone villains colors are ones that are not primary with the toa. Therefore if a bone villain were to drain or alter their (tahu and gali) masks, it would seem to fit that they wouldn't be red and blue anymore. That being said this is all speculation so who knows. Personally I agree with the sentiment that the trans tahu and gali masks as they are currently released will have no story significance. Time will tell.

edit-I just made the realization that the trans color of the Inflicted masks match the corresponding trans pieces of the toas masks.

Edited by JanitorJake

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

Sticking with the 'drained masks/corrupted masks' theory, does that mean there's a chance the Toa get new masks or 'fixed' masks that get changed by Ekimu to restore their elemental powers?

I mean, when you save the blacksmith, that's a pretty easy way to open your characters up to new armour/masks/accessories...

• Upvote 3

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

Sticking with the 'drained masks/corrupted masks' theory, does that mean there's a chance the Toa get new masks or 'fixed' masks that get changed by Ekimu to restore their elemental powers?

I don't see why they couldn't. That is if they actually succeed in reviving Ekimu this year. Would seem strange that the main goal perhaps for the Toa is reached within a year of the story starting. Though with them only offering a 3 year reign I guess I could slightly understand that. Though if so what could they possibly have in story for the remaining two? I suppose saving Makuta in the end could be an option. Though I suspect that would be year three. So that leave story options for year 2.

I mean Ekimu is the prized Mask Maker of Legend. If he couldn't make the Toa new masks then who?

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I've been confused about the whole eye color of Ekimu for a while now. Are they trans light blue or trans neon green? Does the Mask of Creation change the color of his eyes? I mean, the Mask of Creation always had weird blue magic stuff going around it in the promotional things. Not to mention it's always shown with glowing blue eyes. :P

trans neon green

The artist who did the animations just decided they should be different from the actual set.

That, or the animations were just based on a preliminary version of the set that DID have blue eyes. As I understand it that was the reason for so many of the Toa Metru having the wrong eye colors (and no chest plates) in the 2004 BIONICLE comics. This is hardly the first time there's been this sort of discrepancy between sets and media.

If that were the case they would have changed the eye glow coming from the Mask of Creation in every other promotional image used and being used. I truthfully think that the eye color change for the mask is a story thing. The mask itself has the same color wrapping around it as pure energy. The Mask of Ultimate Power was also shown to change eye color. I think it's purely for dramatic affect and to show a sense of power and energy within the three masks, if that makes any sense.  In other words, Ekimu's natural eye color was yellow before he obtained the Mask of Creation through whatever mysterious means it had been obtained. Same with Makuta.

I was really hoping for a trans-light blue eye stalk to help balance out the eye colour ratio, considering only 2 out of the 6 Toa had trans-light blue in the first wave. Besides, I feel that having a trans-greenish yellow stalk for Ekimu clashes with his colour scheme - blue eyes would flow so well with the rest of his trans-light blue bone pieces.

"Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, 'No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back,' it never WOULD have come back."

-Greg Farshtey

I'm pretty sure Ekimu will be revived though...I mean the set he comes in is called The Mask Maker Vs. Skull Grinder...and the box art shows him to be very much alive/revived. I'm thinking he's gonna be revived this year. What I want to know is what the mask maker is going to do in terms of energizing the toa (if at all). Honestly, I don't think we need a new incarnation of these sets; these guys are awesome! But if we do get a Nuva or some other transformation, I'm just curious how it's going to happen, what they'll look like, and if they'll be based on the Nuva versions.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

What if Kopaka, Lewa, Pohatu, and Onua had their masks stolen by the skeletons and were replaced by skull spiders? That would be the reason for why the skeletons would be guarding them, so that nobody would be able to get them back and free the Toa. Then Tahu and Gali would have to awaken Ekimu while avoiding the skeletons and Toa.

• Upvote 3

bZpOwEr

I mean, when you save the blacksmith, that's a pretty easy way to open your characters up to new armour/masks/accessories...

This is starting to sound like a ridiculous DnD campaign.

I love it.

• Upvote 9

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

They're gonna save ekimu from his coma and then he's going to make them all super toa, with permanent exo-toa like armor. 2016 toa sets will all be the size of the takanuva Titan set. I can see it now. Now that would be cray cray.

I never acquired an exo toa set. So I would have no complaints about that.

• Upvote 1

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Elemental Exo-Toa sets would be cool. Not really seeing a Nuva vibe out of Ekimu's revival due to the Toa Okoto already being decked out in Nuva-ish armor from the start. Where the Mata came basically naked with nothing but the dust from their capsule and a simple weapon for defense. The Okto variants however came well equip with armor along with their weapons. Cannot really improve on that unless they go full on knight motif. With maybe more Armor appearance to the new Masks Ekimu forges for them.

So Ekimu is a mask maker but do we know if that is all he can do? I mean the Masks could have external effects to the body as seen with Makuta. Now to what extent can this possible transformation be controlled by the mask maker?

• Upvote 3

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Elemental Exo-Toa sets would be cool. Not really seeing a Nuva vibe out of Ekimu's revival due to the Toa Okoto already being decked out in Nuva-ish armor from the start. Where the Mata came basically naked with nothing but the dust from their capsule and a simple weapon for defense. The Okto variants however came well equip with armor along with their weapons. Cannot really improve on that unless they go full on knight motif. With maybe more Armor appearance to the new Masks Ekimu forges for them.

So Ekimu is a mask maker but do we know if that is all he can do? I mean the Masks could have external effects to the body as seen with Makuta. Now to what extent can this possible transformation be controlled by the mask maker?

What if what their wearing... ISN'T EVEN CONSIDERED ARMOR, DO YOU KNOW HOW DECKED OUT THEY'D LOOK?!

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Well I suppose weirder things are possible. Though I wonder about some of the external shapes such as the extensions on Tahu and Gali's Shoulders or Pohatu's Spikes on his wrists/forearms. I guess they could be genetic adaptations. For what it's worth.

Onua.png

Well I suppose weirder things are possible. Though I wonder about some of the external shapes such as the extensions on Tahu and Gali's Shoulders or Pohatu's Spikes on his wrists/forearms. I guess they could be genetic adaptations. For what it's worth.

Those are supposed to be shoulder pads, not extensions.. You didn't know that? It's not a part of them, it's armor.

Those are supposed to be shoulder pads, not extensions.. You didn't know that? It's not a part of them, it's armor.

or its their ENORMOUS SHOULDER MUSCLES that BULGE IMMENSELY from their INCREDIBLY RIPPED TORSOS.

• Upvote 12

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

or its their ENORMOUS SHOULDER MUSCLES that BULGE IMMENSELY from their INCREDIBLY RIPPED TORSOS.

Eeeww... Thanks for ruining my perception of Gali...

• Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

DEATH BY SNU SNU

• Upvote 1

|

DEATH BY SNU SNU

That has some requirements that Gali does not (apparently) have. All it could be was death by pulverized pelvis.

And running away from that topic; if we take it that the G2 Masters are organics wearing armour, what would their 'human' selves look like? Anyone willing to take on the challenge of designing a 'human' Master that could still resemble the set when armoured up?

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

In reference to my previous challenge, I'd like to clarify it thusly:

The Zero Suit Masters Challenge

If the Masters wore armour like Samus Aran from Metroid, what would their 'Zero Suits' be? In essence, draw or describe the new Toa as if their set forms were them wearing very advanced armour.

Edited by Regitnui

DEATH BY SNU SNU

That has some requirements that Gali does not (apparently) have. All it could be was death by pulverized pelvis.

And running away from that topic; if we take it that the G2 Masters are organics wearing armour, what would their 'human' selves look like? Anyone willing to take on the challenge of designing a 'human' Master that could still resemble the set when armoured up?

reminds me of how I already draw toa like people in armor half the time. (though i feel i could still do better than that, hmm...)

• Upvote 1

DEATH BY SNU SNU

Remember that, "Whitewashing in Bionicle" thread?

• Upvote 2

|

Yes, and I'm not prescribing any race or gender to the Toa. Draw a skinny, male, Japanese Gali or a buff, female Norwegian Tahu. I'm just asking what people think the Zero Suit Masters would look like.

I bet Tahu looks just like Asuka in her Plug Suit.

That's what I'm talking about. That would make Zero Suit Tahu a redhead with ponytail(s) wearing a skintight suit of red. I am now picturing a male version of Asuka, but it's a very good place to start.

I think it'd be fair to assume said Zero Suit Tahu is a surfer of some description with a roguish, almost wicked grin on his/her face.

Edited by Regitnui

Yes, and I'm not prescribing any race or gender to the Toa. Draw a skinny, male, Japanese Gali or a buff, female Norwegian Tahu. I'm just asking what people think the Zero Suit Masters would look like.

I know, I was just saying that's what this reminds me of. XD

Tahu is my waifu.

Kopaka is my waifu.

|

Funny story — I actually remember trying to build elemental Exo-Toa back in the day by swapping some of the neutral black and silver parts from the Exo-Toa with more colorful Bohrok parts.

Anyway, I agree that the 2015 Toa are already a lot more well-armored than the 2001 Toa. However, I believe that upgrades are still possible, even without raising the price point. The comparison I always bring up is the 2013 CHI Laval versus the 2014 CHI Laval. Both are heavily armored, both use gold extensively, both have weapons in both hands and fully articulated claws, both have "energized" transparent accents, and both are at the same price point. The 2014 one even has a slightly lower piece count than its 2013 counterpart (on account of its claws being one piece each rather than two). But nevertheless it is very easy to tell that the 2014 one is meant to represent an upgrade of the 2013 one.

That example gives me some faith that the designers CAN take an already well-armed and well-armored character with a powerful color scheme and still manage to come up with an upgraded version at the same price point. Now, doing the same for a whole team of characters is a greater challenge, but not an insurmountable one, I don't think.

Not to mention, new armor doesn't always have to be a categorical upgrade from the old. Now that we have the basic versions of the Toa, more situational designs are always an option. For instance, the Toa might need some kind of special enchanted crystal armor to defend against next year's enemies, or they might need lighter and stealthier armor so they can infiltrate wherever Makuta is lurking, ninja-style. The sky's the limit! Obviously I'd want new versions of the Toa to bear a greater resemblance to their previous forms than the Toa Mahri did to the Toa Inika, but I think you could still create situational designs like that without them feeling like quite such a departure from tradition.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 5

Elemental exo-toa would be cool, but I don't like the idea of making the current six toa look like those, I think an exo-toa would be best as a one off bigger set. I think lego probably needs to try something new. 

Tahu is my waifu.

Kopaka is my waifu.

Good guy 2008 is my waifu. 

• Upvote 3

It's time to move on.

If the Masters wore armour like Samus Aran from Metroid, what would their 'Zero Suits' be? In essence, draw or describe the new Toa as if their set forms were them wearing very advanced armour.

slips this in here

(let's pretend onua is there.)

I just imagine all the Masters in Tron Legacy suits that, instead of black, corresponded with their color.

|

slips this in here

(let's pretend onua is there.)

OK, but aren't at least three of those supposed to be guys?

I just imagine all the Masters in Tron Legacy suits that, instead of black, corresponded with their color.

And their faces?

And their faces?

Their faces are just their masks, the suits would also cover up their neck. :P

Well, that's completely counter to the Zero Suit Masters idea. I mean, compare Zero Suit Samus to Her usual look. Head uncovered, but the rest of her body in a sort of Plug Suit or Tron Outfit. They need faces to be Zero Suit Masters!

And their faces?

Their faces are just their masks, the suits would also cover up their neck. :P

Well, that's completely counter to the Zero Suit Masters idea. I mean, compare Zero Suit Samus to Her usual look. Head uncovered, but the rest of her body in a sort of Plug Suit or Tron Outfit. They need faces to be Zero Suit Masters!

So basically what D5Petewa does?

|

This is going to sound rude, but who's that? I can't keep track of everyone on the forum.

I was at a Wal-Mart earlier , and I saw this display on, well, display. (woo for terrible photography) I've never seen it before, nor do I think I've even heard about it? Anyway, it was pretty cool. The interesting part I think is that that's the combiner model, not just the powered-up form. So that's, well, something I guess. Though, clearly not fully the combo model? He had the powered up hand weapons, for one thing...

• Upvote 2

AXKP5KC.png