OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Honestly the only Summer set I'm impressed with is Ekimu vs. Makuta. It looks so special and fun and I get two characters instead of one. 

Really? Because that's my second least favorite. Ekimu and Skull Grinder just look so straightforward, like there's no actual effort put into it. Or that probably just me.

The Skull Grinder portion of the set is sort of eh as far as sets go, though it still has a decent selection of pieces.  The real draw of the set, at least for me, is Ekimu, because he looks so good in both construction and color scheme.  Even if the set didn't include the Mask of Creation it'd still be my one must-buy BIONICLE set of the summer, especially because of the recolored Protector mask.

As for the others, they're lower priority because I still have to work Grievous into my budget.

Edited by Bfahome
  • Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

The Skull Grinder portion of the set is sort of eh as far as sets go, though it still has a decent selection of pieces.  The real draw of the set, at least for me, is Ekimu, because he looks so good in both construction and color scheme.  Even if the set didn't include the Mask of Creation it'd still be my one must-buy BIONICLE set of the summer, especially because of the recolored Protector mask.

As for the others, they're lower priority because I still have to work Grievous into my budget.

No matter what CCBS set you get, the pieces make it worth your while.:P

But my problem isn't the colors, it's that (IMO), they're builds just don't look like they have much effort put into them. That's not to say my opinion won't change (I hated Pohatu in October. Now, l love him!)

• Upvote 1

Hm, i'm looking at the skull guys again and, did anyone else notice the mata-nui-stone-esque gate arches in the "ancient arena"?

man, I love how detailed the skull villain boxes are, if the locations depicted match the animations, maybe bionicle has finally grasped having one canon depiction of things. :U

• Upvote 3

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

I might get doubles of each summer set just 'cause.

I've only gotten a double set once, and that was Mahri Nuparu. 

I'll probably get some doubles this wave depending on how much money I have left over. I'm loving these pieces here. 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

Honestly the only Summer set I'm impressed with is Ekimu vs. Makuta. It looks so special and fun and I get two characters instead of one.

Seconded. And you get the mask of the year, the Mask of Creation. It'll likely be the most expensive set this year, but I consider it worth it.

Third. If I manage to get any of the sets on my own it will be this one. Both for the Protector of Creation and the Mask itself.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Seconded. And you get the mask of the year, the Mask of Creation. It'll likely be the most expensive set this year, but I consider it worth it.

Third. If I manage to get any of the sets on my own it will be this one. Both for the Protector of Creation and the Mask itself.

Pretty good value.

Nightmare+fuel+dwight+so+i+found+this+gi

Well I think so. If it came with a buildable stand or Forge that would be cool too. The Skull villain is just a bonus. a Pawn for my Lord Of Skull Grinder Spider to manipulate and send after the Toa and Protectors.

EDIT: I meant Spider. No idea how the name Grinder got in there.

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf
  • Upvote 1

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I've been confused about the whole eye color of Ekimu for a while now. Are they trans light blue or trans neon green? Does the Mask of Creation change the color of his eyes? I mean, the Mask of Creation always had weird blue magic stuff going around it in the promotional things. Not to mention it's always shown with glowing blue eyes. :P

• Upvote 1

I've been confused about the whole eye color of Ekimu for a while now. Are they trans light blue or trans neon green? Does the Mask of Creation change the color of his eyes? I mean, the Mask of Creation always had weird blue magic stuff going around it in the promotional things. Not to mention it's always shown with glowing blue eyes. :P

trans neon green

The artist who did the animations just decided they should be different from the actual set.

trans neon green

The artist who did the animations just decided they should be different from the actual set.

That, or the animations were just based on a preliminary version of the set that DID have blue eyes. As I understand it that was the reason for so many of the Toa Metru having the wrong eye colors (and no chest plates) in the 2004 BIONICLE comics. This is hardly the first time there's been this sort of discrepancy between sets and media.

• Upvote 2

trans neon green

That, or the animations were just based on a preliminary version of the set that DID have blue eyes. As I understand it that was the reason for so many of the Toa Metru having the wrong eye colors (and no chest plates) in the 2004 BIONICLE comics. This is hardly the first time there's been this sort of discrepancy between sets and media.

If that were the case they would have changed the eye glow coming from the Mask of Creation in every other promotional image used and being used. I truthfully think that the eye color change for the mask is a story thing. The mask itself has the same color wrapping around it as pure energy. The Mask of Ultimate Power was also shown to change eye color. I think it's purely for dramatic affect and to show a sense of power and energy within the three masks, if that makes any sense.  In other words, Ekimu's natural eye color was yellow before he obtained the Mask of Creation through whatever mysterious means it had been obtained. Same with Makuta.

Could that add to the idea that they belonged to a certain elemental tribe prior to becoming Mask Makers?

Onua.png

Well I think so. If it came with a buildable stand or Forge that would be cool too. The Skull villain is just a bonus. a Pawn for my Lord Of Skull Grinder Spider to manipulate and send after the Toa and Protectors.

EDIT: I meant Spider. No idea how the name Grinder got in there.

Technically speaking, the set DOES include a buildable stand for the Mask of Creation. Not like an ornate pedestal or anything, but rather just a partially transparent holder to make the mask look like it's levitating and allow it to sit upright instead of just lying on the ground. The stand can be seen in this image, from BZP's Toy Fair coverage.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Is that actually in the set though? I mean they make personal stands for all these displays to create desired effects. Sometimes an object is shown flying or swimming pose. But buying the set does not have that additional stand option.

• Upvote 2

Onua.png

Usually, though, the stands aren't made of LEGO pieces, and none of the other masks that were displayed with their sets were put on stands.  It makes sense that the designers would include a little display stand for the super-special mask of the year; it is the highest-priced set as well, so those sorts of details are easier to work in.

(One of the reasons I wish there'd been back-of-the-box pictures, but really what we got was pretty exhaustive anyway.)

Edited by Bfahome
  • Upvote 5

OpAXNpl.jpg

Is that actually in the set though? I mean they make personal stands for all these displays to create desired effects. Sometimes an object is shown flying or swimming pose. But buying the set does not have that additional stand option.

From what I've seen in previous Toy Fair pictures, usually if they need a stand for those purposes, it's not brick-built (probably expressly to avoid confusion as to what the set does and does not contain.)

• Upvote 1

I'm slightly worried that the Mask of Creation might be too big for Ekimu, considering that Toa masks (pretty much anything that extends to the lower jaw on the head mold) look big and ridiculous on villager sized sets. The Mask of creation seems like it would look good on a standard Toa, but not so good on a villager/protector sized set. 

I'm slightly worried that the Mask of Creation might be too big for Ekimu, considering that Toa masks (pretty much anything that extends to the lower jaw on the head mold) look big and ridiculous on villager sized sets. The Mask of creation seems like it would look good on a standard Toa, but not so good on a villager/protector sized set. 

I was just thinking the same thing. Weird...Are you reading my mind?

I was thinking of making Ekimu one notch taller than he is, standing to the relative height of PoJ, PoW, or PoS.

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Well having a larger Protector build could solve that to a minor extent. Has there been any actual work on how big Ekimu stands in relation to the other Protectors? I mean we know he is smaller that the Toa but by how much?

Onua.png

Well having a larger Protector build could solve that to a minor extent. Has there been any actual work on how big Ekimu stands in relation to the other Protectors? I mean we know he is smaller that the Toa but by how much?

He has PoF legs, and arms the length of PoW. It honestly makes his arm length look goofy in comparison to the length of his feet. They could have easily made his legs the length of PoJ/PoS but for some unfathomable reason did not. 

I've already made my own MOC with the build so I know how it looks, those arms look too simian when the legs are as short as they are. They couldn't move the gear box any higher without it messing with up head movement so the only way to fix it would have been to make the legs longer but they didn't.  

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic

I think he is like, the same as PoF + PoW.

cringe

He has PoF legs, and arms the length of PoW. It honestly makes his arm length look goofy in comparison to the length of his feet. They could have easily made his legs the length of PoJ/PoS but for some unfathomable reason did not. 

I've already made my own MOC with the build so I know how it looks, those arms look too simian when the legs are as short as they are. They couldn't move the gear box any higher without it messing with up head movement so the only way to fix it would have been to make the legs longer but they didn't.

I don't think his arms look too long. In fact, I'd argue the Protector of Fire's arms are too short—they actually need length more than most of the other Protectors' arms, particularly since his shoulders are raised higher than every other set that size.

In any case, apart from his arm length, Ekimu's proportions are almost identical to the Protector of Fire's—his shoulders are also slightly narrower, but only by a half module each. I don't think the Mask of Creation will look bad on him at all, since apart from the height of the "crown", it seems to be one of the smaller masks so far.

Seriously though, BZP should get another forum dividing Gen1 and Gen2.

Ultimately, I think that would be pointless simply because so many of the topics (whether they're about story or sets) are based on comparing the two. Where would those kinds of discussions go?

Not to mention the fact that discussion of G1 sets in particular is dying off. Occasionally we have a topic about a rare discovery, but for the most part there's nothing left to gain by discussing sets that have already been discussed to death.

• Upvote 3

Seriously though, BZP should get another forum dividing Gen1 and Gen2.

Ultimately, I think that would be pointless simply because so many of the topics (whether they're about story or sets) are based on comparing the two. Where would those kinds of discussions go?

Not to mention the fact that discussion of G1 sets in particular is dying off. Occasionally we have a topic about a rare discovery, but for the most part there's nothing left to gain by discussing sets that have already been discussed to death.

*memorial music plays as BZP raises a salute*

"Long live the Original."

Onua.png

I don't think his arms look too long. In fact, I'd argue the Protector of Fire's arms are too short—they actually need length more than most of the other Protectors' arms, particularly since his shoulders are raised higher than every other set that size.

In any case, apart from his arm length, Ekimu's proportions are almost identical to the Protector of Fire's—his shoulders are also slightly narrower, but only by a half module each. I don't think the Mask of Creation will look bad on him at all, since apart from the height of the "crown", it seems to be one of the smaller masks so far.

His arm length isn't the problem, it's the length of his legs.

On the whole Mask of Creation bit, anything that tends to go over the jaw-line of the head mold seems to look a little wonky when it comes to protector/villager sized sets due to the longer chin (which the MoC also has). This mask seems to have a shape similar to Gali's, and hers looks extremely goofy when placed on a Protector. The only masks that can some-what look decent on them are the Mask of Ice and Mask of Earth. Everything else makes them look big-headed. :P

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 1

Am I the only 1 who's excited for Skull Warrior and Skull Basher? I personally want to buy those sets because they look legit. Don't get me wrong, I also want the Mask of Creation, but I really want the new toa masks as well, especially Kopaka's; That'll look sick on Kopaka!

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

I suppose on a Mask collecting stand point the other sets are choice. If one wants to go that route.

I guess I would get he set with the Mask of Earth for "reasons" but otherwise if the funds are not available then I'll have to pass. As it looks I'll be passing. I still have not grabbed me a Kopaka and I am not going to leave a Toa off my list this time around.

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

Onua.png

Am I the only 1 who's excited for Skull Warrior and Skull Basher? I personally want to buy those sets because they look legit. Don't get me wrong, I also want the Mask of Creation, but I really want the new toa masks as well, especially Kopaka's; That'll look sick on Kopaka!

No, I'm excited for all of them. That's why I'm getting all of 'em.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for all of them, not just the big one. Well, maybe not all of them all of them. Skull Scorpio is just sort of there still, I guess. Warrior though. I really like the color scheme and mask and weapons, he looks like he'll be really good. Basher should have a great function, and Slicer seems pretty imposing as a build (though the lack of a unique mask is still lamentable). And the blended masks for all of them I'm definitely looking forward to. Especially the Mask of Jungle.

Edited by I-AM-YOUR-LORD

AXKP5KC.png

I'm curious as to when we'll be seeing the blended masks of fire and water. If, that is, we get them at all.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I'm curious as to when we'll be seeing the blended masks of fire and water. If, that is, we get them at all.

I think the red translucent Tahu mask will have something to do with that, as well as Gali's.

I seriously doubt that those two masks will substitute for the blended ones, or, for that matter, have any relevance to the story.

Will we see blended Tahu and Gali masks? I don't know. But even if we don't see them at all this year, we still shouldn't rule it out completely. Just look at Ninjago—last year's "minifigure cube" from Target included a "Lloyd DX" figure (Lloyd not having even been a ninja when the others wore the DX costumes), and this year's cube will include a "Stone Armor Kai" figure (despite the stone armor only being relevant at the end of last year's story, and only Zane and Lloyd featuring it in sets). So a retroactive release like that is far from impossible for Bionicle, as well.

Of course, I also wonder what colors blended Tahu and Gali masks would even be. Would they be Trans. Fluor. Reddish Orange and Trans. Light Blue, to match Tahu and Gali's armor? Or would they be Trans. Yellow and Trans. Blue, to match their Protectors' blended masks? I wonder if that ambiguity is part of why Lego opted for the other four masks for the Skull Villain sets...

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 3

I think the red translucent Tahu mask will have something to do with that, as well as Gali's.
I seriously doubt that those two masks will substitute for the blended ones, or, for that matter, have any relevance to the story.

Will we see blended Tahu and Gali masks? I don't know. But even if we don't see them at all this year, we still shouldn't rule it out completely. Just look at Ninjago—last year's "minifigure cube" from Target included a "Lloyd DX" figure (Lloyd not having even been a ninja when the others wore the DX costumes), and this year's cube will include a "Stone Armor Kai" figure (despite the stone armor only being relevant at the end of last year's story, and only Zane and Lloyd featuring it in sets). So a retroactive release like that is far from impossible for Bionicle, as well.

Of course, I also wonder what colors blended Tahu and Gali masks would even be. Would they be Trans. Fluor. Reddish Orange and Trans. Light Blue, to match Tahu and Gali's armor? Or would they be Trans. Yellow and Trans. Blue, to match their Protectors' blended masks? I wonder if that ambiguity is part of why Lego opted for the other four masks for the Skull Villain sets...

I don't think that's why they chose the other masks. The trans color of each of the four masks matches the trans pieces of the skull villain set they come in. I think that's clearly a sign that the villains steal and taint their masks somehow in the story. If that is indeed true, then maybe gali and tahu don't get their masks snatched off by villains. All in all, we'll understand a LOT more when we get to see the summer series of animations and the book.

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

I would think so yes. Do you really think they would simply end the short lived animations with an undead hand bursting forth like a daisy in the snow.

Anyway Could it be possible that while not story significant the reason we don't have a Gali and Tahu is because they had a set number of masks they could release. With the release of the Mask of Creation and others in the Summer wave they had to cut somewhere. In this case Gali and Tahu. Now it is true this doesn't mean they wont get a later release in 2016. Seems weird that they would wait until 2017 to finally release them if at all.

Onua.png

Honestly I'm going to hazard the opposite idea about the masks, and say the trans orange and blue masks represent the masks fully drained in story. The teaser for this wave had the forge with red and blue energy flowing from it. Instead of the two not getting snatched I wonder if those two are the ones that get fully melted or destroyed or what not.

Edited by DeeVee
  • Upvote 3

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg