OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I was thinking:

What if Bionicle G2 is an alternate universe from G1 where Mata Nui (or Mata Nui equivalent) is awoken in the first year rather than the 8th?

What if this is an experiment to see what would have happened if the story writers allowed Mata Nui to be awoken in year one?

• Upvote 2

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

I was thinking:

What if Bionicle G2 is an alternate universe from G1 where Mata Nui (or Mata Nui equivalent) is awoken in the first year rather than the 8th?

What if this is an experiment to see what would have happened if the story writers allowed Mata Nui to be awoken in year one?

That would require the presence of a Mata Nui, surely? It's safe to say that Ekimu isn't a giant robot.

• Upvote 2

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

I was thinking:

That would require the presence of a Mata Nui, surely? It's safe to say that Ekimu isn't a giant robot.

or.... is he?

• Upvote 2

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

I was thinking:

or.... is he?

Ekimu

MU= Matoran Universe

confirmed

• Upvote 12

Haha, well, we can't rule out the possibility that Mata Nui might exist in this universe and HE'S the one that gave Makuta and Ekimu their masks. I'd prefer Mata Nui to be a spiritual essence rather than a giant robot though. That's what I thought he was for so many years and then he ends up being a Giant Robot not-god (since he could be killed) who neglected his own people. Stupid pretentious brat. Matoro gave up his life for you? Screw that! :P

I wanna try my hand at some stop-motion, but I dunno if I can do it with iPhone and a ###### chromebook.  :begging:

It takes a long time. ######, even the 15 second animations on my channel took me at least 99% of my school night. But I encourage you to get into stop motion! Though who am I to talk, I suck. XD

Yeah stop motion is cool and can be worth the wait and effort you put into it once you see your work animate itself. I don't own either of them items as my Stop Motion is done on my 3DS and I can tell you it takes both time and effort. I spent nearly 12 continuous hours on my Lion CHI Castle build. Yeah I have to film in one go or not be able to finish. It take me several hours just to film a few seconds to a minute of film at Ten frames a second.

As for the current topic at hand I have a belief that they are really retelling a different aspect of the Gen1 story arch involving waking Mata Nui. I mean the evidence is there if only you wish to open your eyes to see. This is why the awakening of Ekimu within year 1 seems strange to me. Unless somebody shows me a story board where Ekimu is shown opening his eyes I reserve the right to believe that the image on his Summer wave package is just that. To display play value and not actual story. Does this mean that he will not be awoken? No not at all. I just see these Skull villains as a stepping stone the Toa now have to face before they can do their job. Next winter we may see another enemy barring their way. Eventually however I believe like Gen1 they will succeed in their task and Ekimu will be awoken.

This is just my theory however. Not really a big one and will quickly be debunked come Summer's story release. Not as much as my idea that somehow Makuta became the Lord of Skull Spiders. Or that there are more than one Protector of an element at a time. There is still conflicting information in that regard. Some media addresses only one while others suggest the possibility of more than that.

Also I remember reading that there will be no Giant robot reveal for Gen2. While this does not debunk the idea of Mata Nui in Gen2 it is that there is no giant robot under the island this time around. He could still appear in his Toa incarnation if they so choose.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I wonder if Biotube is going to return to the way it was, minus the flame-war stuff. I've seen some Bio2015 mocs pop up here and there, but it still seems sluggish as ever. 

Doubted, but as long as DrScorpionX, JANGBricks, and TheThreeVirtues remain, there's hope.

I was thinking:

or.... is he?

Ekimu

MU= Matoran Universe

confirmed

OH MER TOA!

I was thinking:

I heard that someone at Toy Fair said Mata Nui will return in this generation, just not like in G1.

It scares me when the very people designing the sets, build the sets wrong (leg plate on Tahu) and use the wrong terminology for parts. Seriously? Mask of Tahu? Wouldn't it sound less dorky just to call it what it is and say "Mask of Fire"? Sheesh. How corny can you get? Also, the second prototype mask with the longer eye holes would have been a lot better. The one we have now has small weird round ones.

"Mask of Tahu" is pretty much just a slightly-awkward way of saying "Tahu's mask" so I don't see how that's necessarily the wrong terminology.

There are some languages where X of Y is the only way they say X belongs to Y. Japanese and 'Nurarihyon no Mago' comes to mind, as translated that would mean 'Grandson of Nurarihyon'.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I wonder if Biotube is going to return to the way it was, minus the flame-war stuff. I've seen some Bio2015 mocs pop up here and there, but it still seems sluggish as ever. 

Doubted, but as long as DrScorpionX, JANGBricks, and TheThreeVirtues remain, there's hope.

I was thinking:

or.... is he?

Ekimu

MU= Matoran Universe

confirmed

OH MER TOA!

I was thinking:

I heard that someone at Toy Fair said Mata Nui will return in this generation, just not like in G1.

That would be great actually. I would have preferred Ekimu was actually Mata Nui but if he ends up existing in gen2 I would want him to be a god-like entity above Ekimu and Makuta.

• Upvote 1

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

So do you think BioTube will return to what it was?

Well, as far as I know about the Biotube that was, I believe that it won't happen again. I've seen a lot of groups come and go on there. Currently, the main groups are TTV, The Cliffhorse Crew, and Bionicle Comedy Central. I can see all three of these group channels going places.

I'm also on YouTube (shameless plug). If you want to check out my stuff, see my signature (shameless plug). 

:)

• Upvote 3

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Well, as far as I know about the Biotube that was, I believe that it won't happen again. I've seen a lot of groups come and go on there. Currently, the main groups are TTV, The Cliffhorse Crew, and Bionicle Comedy Central. I can see all three of these group channels going places.

I'm also on YouTube (shameless plug). If you want to check out my stuff, see my signature (shameless plug). 

:)

Well, the 'News-genre' of Biotube is never going away and is stronger than ever, as well as the reviewing people. I myself have just started a a stop-motion/review channel, seeing as how I suck at MOCing.

Edited by Marvel Nui

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I'm curious about what/when this supposed golden age of BioTube everyone seems nostalgic for was like. I've never been in tune with the YouTube Lego community, for the most part, but my general perception has always been that it was kind of lame—little more than a place for amateur MOCists to host their MOCs and maybe get some advertising money on the side. While a video review of a set can be all well and good, particularly sets with functions that can be demonstrated, I see very little of that in MOCs and many YouTube MOCists even just create photo slideshows of their builds in a harder-to-browse video format, which is something I have no patience for. As for other YouTube channels like TheThreeVirtues, I've never seen much merit there either—just a lot of self-serving rumor-mongering that doesn't allow for the same equal exchange of ideas as a discussion forum like BZPower or Eurobricks. So what exactly did people ever see in YouTube that they want to return?

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Easy, we don't want anymore Rahkshi headed and nuva boob female MOCs...             well that at least what me and a lot of others want.

Anyways one thing I hated about BioTube and what is still going on to this day, is the MOC video of just showing you MOC with a over used music like Three Days Grace (or what it now known as My Darkest Day 2), Breaking Benjamin and dubstep. Also do anyone remember Edictarts (I guessing that he was the original BioTube commentator/replyer).

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Easy, we don't want anymore Rahkshi headed and nuva boob female MOCs...             well that at least what me and a lot of others want.

Anyways one thing I hated about BioTube and what is still going on to this day, is the MOC video of just showing you MOC with a over used music like Three Days Grace (or what it now known as My Darkest Day 2), Breaking Benjamin and dubstep. Also do anyone remember Edictarts (I guessing that he was the original BioTube commentator/replyer).

Yeah, I do. I always thought he was funny, lol.

I'm curious about what/when this supposed golden age of BioTube everyone seems nostalgic for was like. I've never been in tune with the YouTube Lego community, for the most part, but my general perception has always been that it was kind of lame—little more than a place for amateur MOCists to host their MOCs and maybe get some advertising money on the side. While a video review of a set can be all well and good, particularly sets with functions that can be demonstrated, I see very little of that in MOCs and many YouTube MOCists even just create photo slideshows of their builds in a harder-to-browse video format, which is something I have no patience for. As for other YouTube channels like TheThreeVirtues, I've never seen much merit there either—just a lot of self-serving rumor-mongering that doesn't allow for the same equal exchange of ideas as a discussion forum like BZPower or Eurobricks. So what exactly did people ever see in YouTube that they want to return?

The community and inspiration. Just because you can't build an utlra-complex, 6-story MOC doesn't mean you shouldn't be showing it off. Back when Biotube was at its peak, I always watched MOC videos, wishing I could do the same thing. 

Oh, and TTV is basically the 'BZPower' of YouTube in terms of popularity. So they must be doing something right.

• Upvote 2

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

You see, it's about banter and discussion that isn't always on topic, as well as speculation and opinions between different people. A little bit of anarchy is okay. ;)

I actually prefer TTV over BZPower and Eurobricks, simply because it has more personality and can be a lot more entertaining. It just depends on what a person is looking for. I personally despise news articles that have no personality and are just the straight up facts without the opinion of the writer thrown in. Having a bunch of different view points thrown in during is even better.  :P

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 1

I was thinking:

or.... is he?

Ekimu

MU= Matoran Universe

confirmed

Gee, why did Lego not mention that? If they did, then I don't pay attention to the information since its bio '15.

A signature is supposed to be this:

Jaeger_Gipsy_Danger_Decal_02.png

and BTW https://screen.yahoo.com/star-trek-convention-000000768.html

I was thinking:

or.... is he?

Ekimu

MU= Matoran Universe

confirmed

Gee, why did Lego not mention that? If they did, then I don't pay attention to the information since its bio '15.

I hope you realize that those comments were in jest. Most of the replies you quoted were kidding about the possibility of a giant robot reveal, and the bit about Ekimu's name was a joke in the same vein as the internet meme of connecting any instance of a triangle or the number "3" to a grand Illuminati conspiracy. Most likely, the new story won't have any such review, especially since people will see it coming a mile away. A lot of the old Bionicle's story came from its mysteries, but once a mystery has been solved you can't repeat the same twist and expect it to catch people by surprise like it did the first time.

Although, by the same token, if Lego did have a twist in mind, they certainly wouldn't announce it to us before it was due to occur in-story.

Allow me to direct you to the "That 2001 poster was a hint" Topic as reference to the idea that they do in fact hide tidbit information in prior media to tease at future events. Or rather they could. This topic is one of them hindsight type topics more than actual fact I believe.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Oh, and TTV is basically the 'BZPower' of YouTube in terms of popularity. So they must be doing something right.

Clickbait, mainly.

As for the "golden age" I don't know, never been much for the YouTube-centric side of things.  But I guarantee it wasn't as perfect as you remember, because you're going to remember the good or significant parts more than the less interesting parts.

Like how the new BIONICLE reboot was supposedly the biggest rift between BIONICLE fans ever created.  Yeah, no, I remember the Mistika.  And that's just my point of reference, because while I've been a fan since the beginning I was late to the internet party and only joined BZPower at the beginning of 2008, so I don't doubt there were many more stretching back across the entire run before I ever got around to seeing them.

• Upvote 2

OpAXNpl.jpg

Clickbait, mainly.

As for the "golden age" I don't know, never been much for the YouTube-centric side of things.  But I guarantee it wasn't as perfect as you remember, because you're going to remember the good or significant parts more than the less interesting parts.

Like how the new BIONICLE reboot was supposedly the biggest rift between BIONICLE fans ever created.  Yeah, no, I remember the Mistika.  And that's just my point of reference, because while I've been a fan since the beginning I was late to the internet party and only joined BZPower at the beginning of 2008, so I don't doubt there were many more stretching back across the entire run before I ever got around to seeing them.

I suppose it's a big rift in terms of the fans now being either veterans of the first run, or those who can't or can barely remember that and only know the reboot.

If the bigness of the rift means how controversial it is, then it's difficult to say because there's so many other rifts to judge - whether the Piraka Rap and Free the Band were appropriate, whether it was right the Nuva were replaced, whether it was right the Inika torso became the default, whether The Legend Reborn sucked, whether Bionicle should've ended, whether the Stars and the climax were a good sendoff, whether Hero Factory was worth anything...

Clickbait, mainly.

I suppose it's a big rift in terms of the fans now being either veterans of the first run, or those who can't or can barely remember that and only know the reboot.

If the bigness of the rift means how controversial it is, then it's difficult to say because there's so many other rifts to judge - whether the Piraka Rap and Free the Band were appropriate, whether it was right the Nuva were replaced, whether it was right the Inika torso became the default, whether The Legend Reborn sucked, whether Bionicle should've ended, whether the Stars and the climax were a good sendoff, whether Hero Factory was worth anything...

Translation; the BZP community has more holes in it than the early episode of Game Theory.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Translation; the BZP community has more holes in it than the early episode of Game Theory.

[rant]I'm always puzzled by the idea that BIONICLE fandom, be it on BZP or in general, is somehow intrinsically different from other fandoms. It isn't.

So some fans are obsessed with canon. Certain Doctor Who fans-turned-writers, particularly during the  Wilderness Years, have elevated canon obsession to a high art. Star Wars has official levels of canon.

As for rifts, there are plenty of those in other fandoms. Is the Steven Moffat a scourge to Doctor Who, or perhaps its savior? Do Balrogs have wings? Is the Abramsverse any good? Etc.

[/rant]

• Upvote 2

gZsNWyr.png

[rant]I'm always puzzled by the idea that BIONICLE fandom, be it on BZP or in general, is somehow intrinsically different from other fandoms. It isn't.

So some fans are obsessed with canon. Certain Doctor Who fans-turned-writers, particularly during the  Wilderness Years, have elevated canon obsession to a high art. Star Wars has official levels of canon.

As for rifts, there are plenty of those in other fandoms. Is the Steven Moffat a scourge to Doctor Who, or perhaps its savior? Do Balrogs have wings? Is the Abramsverse any good? Etc.

[/rant]

yes

cringe

Wasn't that the selling point though?

There was a whole online game series devoted to the rift of Mistika/Makuta.

Unless you're talking about something else though.

He's talking about the set designs of the Toa Mistika. Of course, I don't see where the rift was, since it was pretty much agreed upon that they were horrible and that the Phantoka were SO much better and looked more like their original forms. 

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic

[/rant]

yes

Fixed.

As for the Mistika... yeah, as Toa Nuva, they sucked. As sets, on the other hand... Tahu and Gali didn't suck that much.

Also, Pohatu Phantoka. Instant suck.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

I'm talking about the fact that the Mistika (and Phantoka) actually existed at all.  People were very upset about it for some reason.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Really? I thought people liked the Phantoka.

When they were first released, all I remember is praise, but then again I was mostly active in AWIII at the time. It was only later that I learned of people's criticisms (and found myself agreeing with them and growing quite the distaste for the Phantoka/Mistika).

Really? I thought people liked the Phantoka.

When they were first released, all I remember is praise, but then again I was mostly active in AWIII at the time. It was only later that I learned of people's criticisms (and found myself agreeing with them and growing quite the distaste for the Phantoka/Mistika).

I really only disliked the Makuta Mistika (with the exception of Krika) Onua and Pohatu.

Of course, the Av-Matoran also kinda sucked. Why weren't they bundled with their respective Phantoka? Better yet, why didn't the Mistika get any Matoran? I would've loved to have seen the Noble Hau, Kaukau and Pakari.

• Upvote 1

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Better yet, why didn't the Mistika get any Matoran? I would've loved to have seen the Noble Hau, Kaukau and Pakari.

Heck, Shadows in the Sky even seemed to be setting up for it, what with its mention of the Matoran who had gone down to the swamp and not returned. Obviously, LEGO wouldn't have released two first-tier waves in one year, but they could have been included with larger sets. After all, we got Vultraz and Mazeka, who weren't really relevant to the main plot. They could have been replaced with Tahu and Krika's Matoran counterparts.

Unlike most fans, I don't dislike the Av-Matoran build. Sure, it's simplistic, and the torso pieces aren't the easiest to integrate with other BIONICLE parts, but when has that stopped people from loving the McToran?

• Upvote 2

gZsNWyr.png

There had only really ever been one set of six impulse-sized sets per year, though; Turaga 2001, Bohrok Va 2002, Matoran 2003, Matoran 2004, Rahaga 2005, Matoran 2006, and Matoran/Hydruka 2007 (and that was only four).  So there wasn't really a precedent to change that, and it's basically been carried through the rest of the way and into the new generation as well.  It usually seems like the winter wave has the main sets, the impulse sets, and maybe a titan or two, and then the summer wave has another set of main sets with more of the titans and larger sets.  And 2008 definitely had its share of large sets in the summer, so i think another set of Matoran would've been overshadowed.

Unlike most fans, I don't dislike the Av-Matoran build. Sure, it's simplistic, and the torso pieces aren't the easiest to integrate with other BIONICLE parts, but when has that stopped people from loving the McToran?

I think the biggest difference really is the pieces themselves.  Personally I've used the McToran torso piece as the core starting point of a few custom torso builds, and it works well because it's small, thin, symmetrical, and fairly neutral in its shape.  The Av-Matoran torsos, on the other hand, are much larger, thicker, and have a very stylized design, so I've never really used them for anything (though that may be more from the fear that the Av-Matoran limbs will explode if I ever disassemble them, which I've had happen).

Edited by Bfahome
  • Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

The 2008 Matoran builds were AWFUL. It had already been several years since the introduction of bendable limbs, yet they still couldn't make them for Matoran? REALLY? Not to mention that head... ugh. They could have simply made the torso have a socket for a metru head so they didn't look hunch backed. :P

• Upvote 1

The 2008 Matoran builds were AWFUL. It had already been several years since the introduction of bendable limbs, yet they still couldn't make them for Matoran? REALLY? Not to mention that head... ugh. They could have simply made the torso have a socket for a metru head so they didn't look hunch backed. :P

To be fair, no small sets in Bionicle EVER had working knees and elbows. The Protectors this year are the first ones to offer that, and considering the price increase from the older "small sets", a direct comparison may not be the most accurate.

I disliked the 2008 Matoran builds as well, though the Agori and Stars at least managed to add a bit more complexity to their extremely basic builds.

• Upvote 3

So I just got Kopaka and after unpacking the box, I realized the sticker sheet for his thighs was missing. I shook the box vigorously and flipped through the instruction booklet to no avail. I contacted LEGO's customer support and they should be sending a replacement soon. Has anybody had this happen before? I never have.

On the set itself, Kopaka is pretty cool!(no pun intended) I really like how armored he is and I really like that he has a spear instead of a sword now and he really has a Spartan/Paladin vibe going on. I don't care for the way his shield is held but that's a simple fix. I'm really glad they used the Brain Attack torso for him, it just has more style and detail than the basic hero torso. I also like his shin guards. I know some people don't but to me they aren't any different from Tahu's bell-bottoms, they just run forward and backward as opposed to left to right. That kinda adds to the whole Yin and Yang thing going on with them that was discussed a few pages back. The build was pretty strait forward which is to be expected but I ate ice cream while building him so that kind of added to it.  :P

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)