OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Yeah, well, my dad could beat up your dad!

I'm not sure how that's relevant here, but considering that he's not the youngest fellow, you're probably right.

I dunno. I honestly think it'll end up being a tie if not G2 Tahu being the winner, if you pit both incarnations against each other at the very beginning. Since they're immune to fire, it will be down to fighting prowess. In which G2 seems to be superior at.

I'm not sure how you get this? For one thing G1 Tahu is a veteran, so he'd be more skilled. Secondly, G1 Tahu has been confirmed to have the ability to do heat vision and heal himself, neither of which G2 Tahu can do, not to mention shield himself from G2 Tahu's attacks. All G1 Tahu has to do is hide behind his Hau until G2 Tahu runs out of EE and go chop his head off with the flame sword.

I dunno. I honestly think it'll end up being a tie if not G2 Tahu being the winner, if you pit both incarnations against each other at the very beginning. Since they're immune to fire, it will be down to fighting prowess. In which G2 seems to be superior at.

I'm not sure how you get this? For one thing G1 Tahu is a veteran, so he'd be more skilled. Secondly, G1 Tahu has been confirmed to have the ability to do heat vision and heal himself, neither of which G2 Tahu can do, not to mention shield himself from G2 Tahu's attacks. All G1 Tahu has to do is hide behind his Hau until G2 Tahu runs out of EE and go chop his head off with the flame sword.

Calm. No need to go on the offensive. 

With that said, I said beginning G1 Tahu. Which means, when he first started out as a Toa. And I'm pretty sure G2 Tahu isn't stupid enough to continue blasting G1's Tahu's shielding until he ran out of stamina.

Edited by Anonymous User

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Why do so many people want a continuation of Gen1? Do you guys not realize how much of a financial mistake that would be? The reason Gen1 ended is because sales had gotten much worse. Do you really think LEGO want's to continue something that didn't give them a satisfactory profit? Not everything is about fanservice, and not every fanservice is about us! AFoLs are NOT the target audience! Kids 6-14 are the target audience. I feel like sometimes the folks on BZP tend to think of ourselves as more than we are to LEGO. Are we fans? Yes. Does LEGO appreciate us? Certainly. Does LEGO want to do everything in their power to please us? Heck no! They've got kids to appeal to, we're not gonna get anywhere by whining for more Gen1 related stuff.

Just because it won't be successful doesn't mean I don't want it. I don't care what appeals to kids, when I'm getting into a story, I get into it because it appeals to me. It doesn't matter if it sells like Mukau dung, the point is that I got what I wanted, for even the shortest time. 

Would you rather have 200 hours playing Sonic '06 or 1 hour playing Sonic Generations? 

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

So, who wants villager sets with some form of Kohlii playability next year? I guess it'd be cool.

I wouldn't mind villagers sets like that being released next year. I, too, think it would be cool if they were made right.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Would you rather have 200 hours playing Sonic '06 or 1 hour playing Sonic Generations? 

This is an excellent comparison because, like the Bionicle fandom, the Sonic fandom is also chronically unpleasable and unpleasant.

Watch it, Dina, or I'll have to get out my fourth Chaos Emerald.

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 2

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Calm. No need to go on the offensive. 

With that said, I said beginning G1 Tahu. Which means, when he first started out as a Toa. And I'm pretty sure G2 Tahu isn't stupid enough to continue blasting G1's Tahu's shielding until he ran out of stamina.

I see, I misread your post. My bad.

So, who wants villager sets with some form of Kohlii playability next year? I guess it'd be cool.

I wouldn't mind villagers sets like that being released next year. I, too, think it would be cool if they were made right.

While I agree and would not mind some form of sports related play feature, make for good stop motion; that would mean they would have to release information about the villagers themselves. Something I am guessing TLG is not ready to do. Seeing as how the story arch is about the Toa and then these Skull villains. Not really sure how much protector/villager time we will be getting.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

While I agree and would not mind some form of sports related play feature, make for good stop motion; that would mean they would have to release information about the villagers themselves. Something I am guessing TLG is not ready to do. Seeing as how the story arch is about the Toa and then these Skull villains. Not really sure how much protector/villager time we will be getting.

That is another reason why I would like to see this. It could possibly open up the door for us to get more info on the villagers lives, which is something I would like to see in future storyline.

I would love to see a fight in Bionicle play out like this. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I do. I mean, they might not do Kohlii but some other form of in-universe game would be cool.

Yeah, I'd imagine they wouldn't bring back Kohlii, but rather come up with a sport with a similar concept under a more suitable name.

• Upvote 1

I do. I mean, they might not do Kohlii but some other form of in-universe game would be cool.

Yeah, I'd imagine they wouldn't bring back Kohlii, but rather come up with a sport with a similar concept under a more suitable name.

It's gotta have a cool name tho... ;)

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Indeed. That's one of my minor gripes with this year's story; the basic, boring names. I'd prefer something like "The Hot Plains" instead of Region of Stone. Though, I guess with the mentioning of stone, it'd make some people interested.

• Upvote 1

Indeed. That's one of my minor gripes with this year's story; the basic, boring names. I'd prefer something like "The Hot Plains" instead of Region of Stone. Though, I guess with the mentioning of stone, it'd make some people interested.

Definitely, if anything, the story NEEDS the interesting names and atmosphere that G1 had. Like Mata Nui, every time I look out my window on a sunny morning, I'm always reminded of that place. RIP Mata nui island... ;-;

|

What, Forgeta, do you live in New Zealand? Only place I can think of with the amazing plains and mountains you can see in the background of MNOGII.

...don't judge me. >~>

Hey, I'm not judging... okay, maybe a bit. But I totally get the feeling of nostalgia. Early summer days remind me of the Glatorian, because I moved in June 2010, and I had just found Glatorian Arena 3 online, so I played it a whole lot after the move.

• Upvote 1

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

What, Forgeta, do you live in New Zealand? Only place I can think of with the amazing plains and mountains you can see in the background of MNOGII.

...don't judge me. >~>

Hey, I'm not judging... okay, maybe a bit. But I totally get the feeling of nostalgia. Early summer days remind me of the Glatorian, because I moved in June 2010, and I had just found Glatorian Arena 3 online, so I played it a whole lot after the move.

Yeah... it's like that. ^_^;

|

In other talking points what's the best value Protector?

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Based solely on price per piece: the Protector of Stone.

However, value is relative. The Protector of Stone's part count is inflated by common and tiny tooth elements, and if you're interested in other colors or types of parts, another Protector may well hold more value for you personally. In my opinion, the Protector of Ice is one of the best in terms of his overall bulkiness and excellent weapons, while the Protectors of Earth and Fire have extremely interesting builds and the Protector of Jungle has a veritable bounty of interesting recolors (including ones that do NOT appear in his respective Toa, a rarity for the Protectors in general). So it's really a matter of taste.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I think Lewa is my favorite of the Toa. His whole design has grown on me exponentially, and it just seems he's the one I carry around with me most now. He has literally became my favorite set of all time.

Speaking of sets, I still can't shake off that "these are amazing" feeling I get from these. With Hero Factory and all of the other CCBS sets we had before, there was a lot of *put random asymmetrical part here to cover limb* type things going on. Whichever team they had working on BIONICLE has done an AMAZING job. Not only have they utilized the shells and limb structures extraordinarily well, they also arrange them in such a way that they actually seem like muscles and real body shapes. If this is the same team that designed a lot of the earlier Hero factor sets before IFB (which you have to admit were pretty solid sets, even though the story was pretty bad), I'm in even more disbelief and awe. I seriously hope that whatever they did when designing the 2015 sets, they do for the theme for the next few years. 

Leading on with that point, I wonder if any of the designers in the team were a part of the old BIONICLE team. For me, the defining feature of BIONICLE wasn't the detailed designs (you have to admit that BIONICLE never had a set texture to it, so you can't tell me that the 'look' was its identity as it pretty much changed its own visual style and character representation every year). Instead, the defining feature of BIONICLE was action figures that had a certain... build look. They usually weren't asymmetrical just to be asymmetrical, and if they were they did it well. Every set also had this... fullness to it. It didn't feel incomplete or built by a beginner MOCist. (I'm also glad that they brought duel wielding weapons back)

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 8

However, value is relative. The Protector of Stone's part count is inflated by common and tiny tooth elements, and if you're interested in other colors or types of parts, another Protector may well hold more value for you personally. In my opinion, the Protector of Ice is one of the best in terms of his overall bulkiness and excellent weapons, while the Protectors of Earth and Fire have extremely interesting builds and the Protector of Jungle has a veritable bounty of interesting recolors (including ones that do NOT appear in his respective Toa, a rarity for the Protectors in general). So it's really a matter of taste.

Hmm... Thanks. Does the PoS beef up Pohatu interestingly?

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Well, he gives Pohatu some armor and his staff, so Pohatu ends up looking pretty awesome IMO.

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

Not especially. Pohatu gets a bit more armor and uses the Protector's weapon, but all in all I'd consider it one of the weaker "power ups", not really changing Pohatu much at all.

I'd consider Gali's "Powered Up" form to be the best, since her weapons and the Protector's get combined into a cool Diver Propulsion Vehicle, and generally she gains a lot more than she loses. But the Protector of Water is not the strongest model on its own, with a kind of wonky build and color scheme. It just goes to show how the attributes of set you consider most important can lead to wildly different perceptions of value.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Not especially. Pohatu gets a bit more armor and uses the Protector's weapon, but all in all I'd consider it one of the weaker "power ups", not really changing Pohatu much at all.

I'd consider Gali's "Powered Up" form to be the best, since her weapons and the Protector's get combined into a cool Diver Propulsion Vehicle, and generally she gains a lot more than she loses. But the Protector of Water is not the strongest model on its own, with a kind of wonky build and color scheme. It just goes to show how the attributes of set you consider most important can lead to wildly different perceptions of value.

Agreed. When I first saw the Pohatu, I didn't even think it was the power up at first. Gali's is the best.

cringe

Growing Up Killed the Joy:

As a child you view things with high attention to detail, as every moment is almost a learning experience (which is why time seems get faster the older you get). During this time your high attention for detail allows you to love a vast majority of things better than an adult ever could. This also means that you're a lot less critical of media, as you can see a lot of positive things within any given media. However, all of this changes once we become adults. Once we reach around 16, we become more analytical and critical of the things around us. A lot of the movies you watched as a child either have an appeal simply due to good memories, or leave you wondering why you ever liked it. Aging is truly detrimental to enjoyment, you cannot deny that fact. So many things become old to us, and we think they're no longer like they used to be when in fact they either are, or they're extremely similar. This psychological affect that aging brings to us clouds our judgment on almost everything, creating very negative outlooks on things that we used to enjoy. This goes the same with BIONILCE. Its start was very similar to (NEW)BIONICLE's. The key differences are as follows:

1. We were children, and as children our imaginations allow us to easily create worlds and take in

new information. We also have an extremely positive outlook on life (unless you're Bruce Wayne,

in that case, your parents are dead. :P ) Colors seem more vibrant, life itself is seen as mostly

ups with an occasional down. 

2. Heavy promotion. BIONICLE was a last hurrah of sorts, so a lot of promotions went into the theme.

(This includes the Tohunga, which were arguably one of the best ways to promote the toyline to kids)

3. TV was a lot more simple, and a lot of kids watched their Saturday morning cartoons, meaning

TV advertisements worked a lot better than they do now. Basically what this refers to is that

kids weren't recording shows and skipping the commercials at this point in time. They were

also a littllleee more dedicated to watching their shows on-time. :P

4. The Internet had started receiving a lot of popularity as the cool new thing, and BIONICLE used

it in such a way that it was the perfect marketing strategy.

Now, I want to go back to the topic of 'imagination'. As an adult, I find it a lot harder to use compared to how easy it was as a child. Creating a world and a story with a few figures was just like a snap of my fingers back then. Now? It's a lot harder to do, not to mention I really don't have much time to play with toys. A lot of the 'magic' we feel from old BIONICLE happened to be playing things in the story out with the sets. There were a lot of points in BIONICLE Where hardly any story was happening, yet it didn't feel that way. Why you ask? It's because we could PRETEND something was going on. We could IMAGINE the Piraka doing nefarious deeds, we could IMAGINE The Barraki going after the NON-SET-EXISTENT Mask of Life, we could IMAGINE the Toa Metru doing all of their fetch quests and Morbuzakh fighting. As adults though, we don't have time to imagine Gali epicly destroying Skull Spiders with her harpoon as she jets towards her mask. We don't have time to imagine Lewa flying through the forest, and leaping across vines, valiantly cutting through skull spiders in order to reach that mask before the PoJ is doomed to die at the hands of the skull spiders. The magic isn't gone... the sad truth is that what we're dealing with, the burden we bare (so to speak)... is the tragic loss brought forth by growing up. Sadly... it's not something any of us are prepared to cope with, and so a lot of us don't have a good understanding of just WHAT is going on inside our brains. Your brain expects the same stimulation from BIONICLE that you got as a kid... and that's not going to happen. You're not a kid anymore. Your sensory to detail has dimmed down quite a bit as you've experienced a lot of different media and life events at this point. You're no longer learning and absorbing the detail of every single thing in the world. Sometimes you get flickers of that stimulation back though... it's a rare occurrence. We call this occurrence nostalgia. It's an adults best friend, and worst enemy. I ask only one thing from all of you. Remember to do yourself a favor and play with your sets, just for old times sake. Enact what you think is happening in the story of 2015. Enact what you think is going on behind scenes. Build the world  up yourself, as we had done as children so many times before. Be a child again. 

• Upvote 1

Growing Up Killed the Joy:

As a child you view things with high attention to detail, as every moment is almost a learning experience (which is why time seems get faster the older you get). During this time your high attention for detail allows you to love a vast majority of things better than an adult ever could. This also means that you're a lot less critical of media, as you can see a lot of positive things within any given media. However, all of this changes once we become adults. Once we reach around 16, we become more analytical and critical of the things around us. A lot of the movies you watched as a child either have an appeal simply due to good memories, or leave you wondering why you ever liked it. Aging is truly detrimental to enjoyment, you cannot deny that fact. So many things become old to us, and we think they're no longer like they used to be when in fact they either are, or they're extremely similar. This psychological affect that aging brings to us clouds our judgment on almost everything, creating very negative outlooks on things that we used to enjoy. This goes the same with BIONILCE. Its start was very similar to (NEW)BIONICLE's. The key differences are as follows:

1. We were children, and as children our imaginations allow us to easily create worlds and take in
    new information. We also have an extremely positive outlook on life (unless you're Bruce Wayne,
    in that case, your parents are dead. :P ) Colors seem more vibrant, life itself is seen as mostly
    ups with an occasional down. 
2. Heavy promotion. BIONICLE was a last hurrah of sorts, so a lot of promotions went into the theme.
    (This includes the Tohunga, which were arguably one of the best ways to promote the toyline to kids)
3. TV was a lot more simple, and a lot of kids watched their Saturday morning cartoons, meaning
    TV advertisements worked a lot better than they do now. Basically what this refers to is that
    kids weren't recording shows and skipping the commercials at this point in time. They were
    also a littllleee more dedicated to watching their shows on-time. :P
4. The Internet had started receiving a lot of popularity as the cool new thing, and BIONICLE used
     it in such a way that it was the perfect marketing strategy.

Now, I want to go back to the topic of 'imagination'. As an adult, I find it a lot harder to use compared to how easy it was as a child. Creating a world and a story with a few figures was just like a snap of my fingers back then. Now? It's a lot harder to do, not to mention I really don't have much time to play with toys. A lot of the 'magic' we feel from old BIONICLE happened to be playing things in the story out with the sets. There were a lot of points in BIONICLE Where hardly any story was happening, yet it didn't feel that way. Why you ask? It's because we could PRETEND something was going on. We could IMAGINE the Piraka doing nefarious deeds, we could IMAGINE The Barraki going after the NON-SET-EXISTENT Mask of Life, we could IMAGINE the Toa Metru doing all of their fetch quests and Morbuzakh fighting. As adults though, we don't have time to imagine Gali epicly destroying Skull Spiders with her harpoon as she jets towards her mask. We don't have time to imagine Lewa flying through the forest, and leaping across vines, valiantly cutting through skull spiders in order to reach that mask before the PoJ is doomed to die at the hands of the skull spiders. The magic isn't gone... the sad truth is that what we're dealing with, the burden we bare (so to speak)... is the tragic loss brought forth by growing up. Sadly... it's not something any of us are prepared to cope with, and so a lot of us don't have a good understanding of just WHAT is going on inside our brains. Your brain expects the same stimulation from BIONICLE that you got as a kid... and that's not going to happen. You're not a kid anymore. Your sensory to detail has dimmed down quite a bit as you've experienced a lot of different media and life events at this point. You're no longer learning and absorbing the detail of every single thing in the world. Sometimes you get flickers of that stimulation back though... it's a rare occurrence. We call this occurrence nostalgia. It's an adults best friend, and worst enemy. I ask only one thing from all of you. Remember to do yourself a favor and play with your sets, just for old times sake. Enact what you think is happening in the story of 2015. Enact what you think is going on behind scenes. Build the world  up yourself, as we had done as children so many times before. Be a child again. 

TL;DR Grow up and deal with it.

|

Well... I guess I'm sorry or possibly not sorry that you didn't read it? I really don't know how to respond to such a passive aggressive comment. I mean, it really wouldn't take that long to read. The whole "grow up and deal with it" really doesn't make any sense in regards to what I typed as a lot of it was just an analysis for people who might not be fully aware of their situation, so I can only assume that you didn't read it just as you said. Unless you meant it as sarcasm or a joke. Then I suppose it would be funny, although I'm not sure who the person you mean to belittle with it would be..

Well... I guess I'm sorry or possibly not sorry that you didn't read it? I really don't know how to respond to such a passive aggressive comment. I mean, it really wouldn't take that long to read. The whole "grow up and deal with it" really doesn't make any sense in regards to what I typed as a lot of it was just an analysis for people who might not be fully aware of their situation, so I can only assume that you didn't read it just as you said. Unless you meant it as sarcasm or a joke. Then I suppose it would be funny, although I'm not sure who the person you mean to belittle with it would be..

Oh, I just skimmed through it and that's what I got out of it. XD

|

I actually think it's possible to appreciate things more as you get older. I don't know, but I was way more critical and whiny as a nine-year-old.

I also agree. As you get older and mature your worldview expands as you gain more life experience. As a 9 year old I was naive, yet now I can appreciate the intricacies of the G1 story and all the hard work LEGO puts in to their product.

• Upvote 1

AΨ 94