OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

...if not mask packs... THEN MATORAN POLYBAGS!!!! 6 unique matoran per element, each with their own build/color variation.

Also, 200 PAGES ON BONKLE 2015 DISCUSSION!!!!! WOOT!! :D

Huh... I don't think that'd be all that profitable either. Truthfully what they should do is have Villager sets for next year.

...if not mask packs... THEN MATORAN POLYBAGS!!!! 6 unique matoran per element, each with their own build/color variation.

Huh... I don't think that'd be all that profitable either. Truthfully what they should do is have Villager sets for next year.

Explain the concept of villager sets, please?

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Well here is a quick test shot I did with all the masks... what do you think?

2015%20Masks.png

Hmm... This does look intriguing, but, for the reasons already stated, TLC will probably not do this. Some enterprising individual with a 3D printer might make a bit of extra cash, however, since the MoCing crowd would almost certainly like these.

Being a MoC'er myself, I can say that for one that I would enjoy just getting these if this were all lego would give us, but would like to have more protector mask base and trans color combinations.

Also, you seemed to use an odd shade of each color, which is why the masks look so (as Cwog put it) garish.

Yeah like I said it was just a quick job I did within like 10 minutes to showcase what the Masks would/could look like in the other colors. Timed with the knowledge that I am still learning how to use GIMP's features is a bit of a double edged sword. I've only had mild success tinting photo related images. As is seen proof with my poor and rushed attempt here. With more practice and knowhow I am sure I could have matched the colors near perfectly.

I think the only one that I managed to match even close was the Earth tone. The Ice looks more like a haze overlay the Water has too much green pigment in it giving off a teal instead of cyan feel, the Stone looks more gold then tan, the Jungle works but is sorely missing something.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

They'd come with standard villager masks (solid color) and their own unique weapons and builds separate from the protectors. Maybe different armoring patterns as well if some of the Star Wars add on shoulder pads fit well with the sets? They could be wanderers that search for adventure instead of staying within the protection of the villages. Lego could also make a standard villager template and put it up online for people who buy the sets to use in order to make their own villagers and build a world around them. Easy instant world building. ;)

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic

So are we still on the false notion that the villagers only wear solid masks? No offense but that has not actually been proven to be true. Not that I would mind solid colored masks myself. It just seems weird that there has been no actual lore behind the villagers wearing only solid colored masks. So far as I can tell the only proof is in Tahu's arrival scene and that is chalked up to a TVTrope about mobs of characters looking alike. Or changing the appearace of a single unit or small group of units to distinguish them fro the greater masses. When you see other scenes with Villagers(fire) they have been seen with yellow or orange tones in their mask as well as the standard red.

Don't ask why it seems to bother me so much as I have no idea. Maybe it is derived from G1 where mask color(s) did not inherently dictate what you were only what village you hailed from. Matoran could just as easily have a solid colored mask as they could multicolored one. Maybe it has to do with OCD or something.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Matoran could just as easily have a solid colored mask as they could multicolored one.

No, they couldn't; Matoran masks were silver at the top and coloured at the bottom to distinguish them from Great and Noble masks. The exceptions to this are the Mata Nui and Voya Nui Matoran- and that's a result of the sun bleaching them. Obviously, the Av-Matoran didn't have melded masks, but that's because they altered their colours with their Light powers; for all we know, they could be wearing multicoloured masks, just we don't see it. 

VBWj75sh.png

They'd come with standard villager masks (solid color) and their own unique weapons and builds separate from the protectors. Maybe different armoring patterns as well if some of the Star Wars add on shoulder pads fit well with the sets? They could be wanderers that search for adventure instead of staying within the protection of the villages. Lego could also make a standard villager template and put it up online for people who buy the sets to use in order to make their own villagers and build a world around them. Easy instant world building. ;)

That was my exact idea.

|

Matoran could just as easily have a solid colored mask as they could multicolored one.

No, they couldn't; Matoran masks were silver at the top and coloured at the bottom to distinguish them from Great and Noble masks. The exceptions to this are the Mata Nui and Voya Nui Matoran- and that's a result of the sun bleaching them. Obviously, the Av-Matoran didn't have melded masks, but that's because they altered their colours with their Light powers; for all we know, they could be wearing multicoloured masks, just we don't see it.

Well then my statement still stands. Regardless of what that color was(silver) or why(Sun bleaching really, that's a thing in Bionicle?) Matoran did have both solid colored masks and once that had more than one color. On Mata Nui they were solid, in Metru Nui they were a color and silver. Regardless unless there is an actual statement from Lego that says villagers only wear solid color masks in Gen2 and Protectors have the trans-shaded ones. Or we have appropriately equal values in other official media such as images or animations. The concept is fan based not really hard fact. Right now it would be like seeing Gali with a blue mask in one scene and then a teal one in others. Or Tahu's armor panels appearing higher or lower on his arms and legs. There is no actual set value for if the villagers are officially wearing solid protector masks or not.

Onua.png

You don' understand. I really don't care what profits for them and what doesn't. I don't have stock in them. I'm speaking solely as a consumer. I like masks, I'd like more masks. I won't get them? That's fine, but it doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have my own opinion and still like the idea of it. At no point was anyone predicting LEGO releasing mask packs, we were all just daydreaming. :P

The way you worded it seemed to imply you thought it was a sound business practice for LEGO. Apologies for assuming that was what you meant.

It's worth noting that what's good for Lego and what's good for consumers are related factors that influence each other. You can't necessarily have one without the other.

I'll bring up the Collectible Minifigures as an example. No matter which series you choose from, some of them are more popular (particularly ones you can build an army with, like the Series 1 Zombie) while some are more niche (particularly quirky figs with limited applications, like the Series 1 Crash Test Dummy). Normally, it would be assumed that the blind packaging is an anti-consumer practice. After all, isn't it right that consumers should know exactly what they're buying? But more knowledge is not always a good thing in the grand scheme of things. Packaging the figs so that they were clearly labeled would have the effect of making the most popular figures sell out almost instantly, while the less popular figures lingered on shelves. And once the retailers who were buying from Lego became aware of which figs sold most poorly, Lego would have no choice but to avoid making quirky niche figures like those in future series, in favor of homogenous army builders with proven sales. The blind packaging is a cunning marketing move that allows Lego to maintain diversity in the Collectible Minifigures, by artificially "evening out" demand and obscuring the statistics on which figs specifically sell better. And that allows them to keep making both figures that appeal to mass audiences, and quirky, unusual figures that appeal to a much more niche audience and might not ever be produced otherwise.

That would probably not be much of a problem for mask packs, since those are already somewhat homogenous, with a set variety of shapes and colors. But sets with a full six masks in a single color would run into other marketing issues—namely, being more expensive than impulse-priced packs of one or two masks, thus limiting the audience to people with more money to burn and putting them in competition with more expensive sets that offer much more building potential for your buck. Such sets would also be much harder for to market to retailers (considering it requires stocking six more expensive SKUs instead of one impulse-priced SKU)—and what good would sets like that be if they weren't available anywhere? And finally, like regular mask packs, they already have much less sales potential than Collectible Minifigures due to being functionally useless without owning other sets already—Lego rarely offers "expansion pack" sets like individual train cars or themed accessory packs anymore for that specific reason.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

"Let's look at it objectively. ekimu is a protector/mask maker, not a god, makuta is also a protector/maskmaker not a demon. Already its less interesting, less epic. Now we've been shown the ancient "legend" unfolding, so we're not going to get a 2 year prequel arc all about how it REALLY happened. Instead of 12 masks and 6 elemental powers there is instead 6 elemental masks, which cuts the superpower number into 1/3 of what it was. There's also no chronicler, no protector the story follows, so there's actually now fewer characters than the original series. I feel I have to draw attention to the fact that only 8 characters in this whole world have names, but even those are being phased out and replaced with "master of fire" or "the mask maker" because names are too difficult for audiences to follow now for some reason, the exact same can be said about the island and it's locations, "region of fire" "village of ice" "temple of time." Not to mention that the villagers all look identical, where in MNOG they all had a unique appearance and name and it seems they reproduce biologically, because again, any interesting lore or differences from our world need to be expunged for some reason. The characterisation is abhorrent, the toa have the minds of children where they used to be mature, their flaws are now stupid quirks rather than actual hero flaws that take sacrifice and suffering to overcome. The animation style is terrible, they even admitted that they're not being true to the sets (like animations managed even in 2001), they've made it even more simplistic because kids apparently only watch stuff on smartphones now, and naturally "only looks good on a tiny screen" seemed like the best Idea. If you want to get onto the issues with the sets, they no longer look biomechanical, as the same parts are being used for Star wars sets, if it can pass for obi-wan kenobi, it's probably not biomechanical-looking enough"

^ The standard YouTube BIONICLE hate comment. May someone please elaborate why these people just can't move on and just ignore the new BIONICLE if they hate it so much? 

• Upvote 1

"Let's look at it objectively. ekimu is a protector/mask maker, not a god, makuta is also a protector/maskmaker not a demon. Already its less interesting, less epic. Now we've been shown the ancient "legend" unfolding, so we're not going to get a 2 year prequel arc all about how it REALLY happened. Instead of 12 masks and 6 elemental powers there is instead 6 elemental masks, which cuts the superpower number into 1/3 of what it was. There's also no chronicler, no protector the story follows, so there's actually now fewer characters than the original series. I feel I have to draw attention to the fact that only 8 characters in this whole world have names, but even those are being phased out and replaced with "master of fire" or "the mask maker" because names are too difficult for audiences to follow now for some reason, the exact same can be said about the island and it's locations, "region of fire" "village of ice" "temple of time." Not to mention that the villagers all look identical, where in MNOG they all had a unique appearance and name and it seems they reproduce biologically, because again, any interesting lore or differences from our world need to be expunged for some reason. The characterisation is abhorrent, the toa have the minds of children where they used to be mature, their flaws are now stupid quirks rather than actual hero flaws that take sacrifice and suffering to overcome. The animation style is terrible, they even admitted that they're not being true to the sets (like animations managed even in 2001), they've made it even more simplistic because kids apparently only watch stuff on smartphones now, and naturally "only looks good on a tiny screen" seemed like the best Idea. If you want to get onto the issues with the sets, they no longer look biomechanical, as the same parts are being used for Star wars sets, if it can pass for obi-wan kenobi, it's probably not biomechanical-looking enough"

^ The standard YouTube BIONICLE hate comment. May someone please elaborate why these people just can't move on and just ignore the new BIONICLE if they hate it so much? 

oh geez, i almost thought that was your comment there and was about to tear into you for it, oops. :0

• Upvote 2

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Well said, Lyichir. Back on the topic of Villagers, some villagers are shown in "The Legend". One fire, one water, and one jungle are doing activities on Okoto, and they were solid red, blue, and green masks, respectively. While that doesn't necessarily mean that the villagers don't wear other color masks, it certainly supports that notion.

EDIT: Oh, dang. I started writing this earlier, but by the time I got around to posting it, I was behind. Sorry if I disrupted the flow of conversation.

Edited by Cwog

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

Just standard YouTube comment ignorance crossed with standard nostalgia blindness.  Some people just can't deal with change and feel like they need to disparage it.  Nothing new about it, really, and not really something worth debating in my opinion.

OpAXNpl.jpg

"Let's look at it objectively. ekimu is a protector/mask maker, not a god, makuta is also a protector/maskmaker not a demon. Already its less interesting, less epic. Now we've been shown the ancient "legend" unfolding, so we're not going to get a 2 year prequel arc all about how it REALLY happened. Instead of 12 masks and 6 elemental powers there is instead 6 elemental masks, which cuts the superpower number into 1/3 of what it was. There's also no chronicler, no protector the story follows, so there's actually now fewer characters than the original series. I feel I have to draw attention to the fact that only 8 characters in this whole world have names, but even those are being phased out and replaced with "master of fire" or "the mask maker" because names are too difficult for audiences to follow now for some reason, the exact same can be said about the island and it's locations, "region of fire" "village of ice" "temple of time." Not to mention that the villagers all look identical, where in MNOG they all had a unique appearance and name and it seems they reproduce biologically, because again, any interesting lore or differences from our world need to be expunged for some reason. The characterisation is abhorrent, the toa have the minds of children where they used to be mature, their flaws are now stupid quirks rather than actual hero flaws that take sacrifice and suffering to overcome. The animation style is terrible, they even admitted that they're not being true to the sets (like animations managed even in 2001), they've made it even more simplistic because kids apparently only watch stuff on smartphones now, and naturally "only looks good on a tiny screen" seemed like the best Idea. If you want to get onto the issues with the sets, they no longer look biomechanical, as the same parts are being used for Star wars sets, if it can pass for obi-wan kenobi, it's probably not biomechanical-looking enough"

"BIONICLE IS COMING BACK OMG." Fueled by an assumption that bionicle coming back would have to be more of the G1, GregF-written complex story. When it is revealed that the story is a reboot, the fanboy/girl's mind goes *click* and starts mentally editing out everything that wasn't G1. When the evidence for reboot becomes insurmountable, the introverted ones go quiet, possibly learning to accept the new sets and story, while the extroverts find a bunch of people who support their 'opinion' and begin trumpeting it as loud as they can in the hope reality will alter and their expectations will be the right ones.

• Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

"Let's look at it objectively. ekimu is a protector/mask maker, not a god, makuta is also a protector/maskmaker not a demon. Already its less interesting, less epic. Now we've been shown the ancient "legend" unfolding, so we're not going to get a 2 year prequel arc all about how it REALLY happened. Instead of 12 masks and 6 elemental powers there is instead 6 elemental masks, which cuts the superpower number into 1/3 of what it was. There's also no chronicler, no protector the story follows, so there's actually now fewer characters than the original series. I feel I have to draw attention to the fact that only 8 characters in this whole world have names, but even those are being phased out and replaced with "master of fire" or "the mask maker" because names are too difficult for audiences to follow now for some reason, the exact same can be said about the island and it's locations, "region of fire" "village of ice" "temple of time." Not to mention that the villagers all look identical, where in MNOG they all had a unique appearance and name and it seems they reproduce biologically, because again, any interesting lore or differences from our world need to be expunged for some reason. The characterisation is abhorrent, the toa have the minds of children where they used to be mature, their flaws are now stupid quirks rather than actual hero flaws that take sacrifice and suffering to overcome. The animation style is terrible, they even admitted that they're not being true to the sets (like animations managed even in 2001), they've made it even more simplistic because kids apparently only watch stuff on smartphones now, and naturally "only looks good on a tiny screen" seemed like the best Idea. If you want to get onto the issues with the sets, they no longer look biomechanical, as the same parts are being used for Star wars sets, if it can pass for obi-wan kenobi, it's probably not biomechanical-looking enough"

"BIONICLE IS COMING BACK OMG." Fueled by an assumption that bionicle coming back would have to be more of the G1, GregF-written complex story. When it is revealed that the story is a reboot, the fanboy/girl's mind goes *click* and starts mentally editing out everything that wasn't G1. When the evidence for reboot becomes insurmountable, the introverted ones go quiet, possibly learning to accept the new sets and story, while the extroverts find a bunch of people who support their 'opinion' and begin trumpeting it as loud as they can in the hope reality will alter and their expectations will be the right ones.

Yay for introversion!  :P

It bothers me that these are the people most new fans are going to have to deal with for quite some time. If they stick around a lot of new fans are going to be discouraged from BIONICLE communities, especially since the YouTube community is most likely one of their first glimpses at what the fanbase "might" be like.  <_<

I have no idea what side of the story I am on in regards to the YouTube comments. While some of it I can agree with others not so much. For starters I am excited about Bionicle's return and I think the Toa are in good standings. While I think the story given to us thus far is a half-hearted attempt on the Lego Team I didn't buy the first Gen for the story. I bought them because it was a cool set of Legos that were different than the system sets I was use to seeing. Also I remember getting some of the prior Technic sets the just pre-date Bionicle. Slizors or something like that. I got the white one with the wheel on the front that fires off.

Anyway I liked watching the movies and playing the MNOG on the website so I am at odds with the lack of media at this time. Though we have some form of books out later this year so I reserve the right to hold out judgment. Unlike many of the fans who scream out that this story is not what Gen1 was I have the lack of nostalgia to remember that comparing the first few months of Gen2 to all of Gen1's story. Partly due to that I had not actually actively followed the Gen1 story. Only recently with the release of Gen2 have I picked up on a few things.

I know maybe just a bit more of Gen1's story then what has been released for Gen2.

Edited by Makaru

Onua.png

I think the reason for the lack of a more complex story is that it is hard to get into. Hasn't LEGO said that before too?

Well, we don't need a super complex story. We just want an INTERESTING story.

I tell ya, those new books can't get here fast enough.

Edited by NickonAquaMagna
  • Upvote 3

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

I have no idea what side of the story I am on in regards to the YouTube comments. While some of it I can agree with others not so much. For starters I am excited about Bionicle's return and I think the Toa are in good standings. While I think the story given to us thus far is a half-hearted attempt on the Lego Team I didn't buy the first Gen for the story. I bought them because it was a cool set of Legos that were different than the system sets I was use to seeing. Also I remember getting some of the prior Technic sets the just pre-date Bionicle. Slizors or something like that. I got the white one with the wheel on the front that fires off.

Anyway I liked watching the movies and playing the MNOG on the website so I am at odds with the lack of media at this time. Though we have some form of books out later this year so I reserve the right to hold out judgment. Unlike many of the fans who scream out that this story is not what Gen1 was I have the lack of nostalgia to remember that comparing the first few months of Gen2 to all of Gen1's story. Partly due to that I had not actually actively followed the Gen1 story. Only recently with the release of Gen2 have I picked up on a few things.

I know maybe just a bit more of Gen1's story then what has been released for Gen2.

I agree. 

Although the sets themselves are what got me interested back in gen1, the story is what kept me interested. I sure hope the story really opens up this summer and we get more substance, like with the books. There needs to be more named characters and more substance to those characters.

Also I would like more recolored masks in a variety of useful colors, not necessarily mask-pack-like, but used in future sets.

Edited by ToaDraco
  • Upvote 2

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

I think the reason for the lack of a more complex story is that it is hard to get into. Hasn't LEGO said that before too?

Yeah! Something I've noticed is that when you say you want a better story from G2 people automatically assume you mean super complex and ultra dark. A good story doesn't have to be super dark or complex, all I ask from the new line is some more focus on character and more exploration of their world (and maybe for the lame comedy that I'm not even sure exists to take a back seat). 

• Upvote 2

It's time to move on.

Yeah! Something I've noticed is that when you say you want a better story from G2 people automatically assume you mean super complex and ultra dark. A good story doesn't have to be super dark or complex, all I ask from the new line is some more focus on character and more exploration of their world (and maybe for the lame comedy that I'm not even sure exists to take a back seat). 

I just want something interesting tbh, doesn't even have to be dark. Just not something that's just a story to be there. Like, G1 was based around the story, I want the story of G2 to be just as big and important as G1's.

• Upvote 1

|

I've been following the reboot since it was announced, and while I kinda like the sets, I feel the reboot is a really half-hearted attempt. It lacks personality. The story and biomechanical nature of the sets were what got me and most of the other fans I knew interested in Bionicle. Now, we no longer really have that. I feel like they should've tried to either a). remake something close to G1 or, better yet, b). just continue where G1 left off, but give us a way to become interested easily.

I jumped onboard when I was 8. In 2008. I had no knowledge of anything prior when I first bought Pohatu Phantoka, Vamprah, Gavla and Photok. All of a sudden, I began doing everything I could to learn more about the world of Bionicle. The same went for most friends of mine who were into Bionicle. One got into it in 2006, one got into in 2009, and a third got into it in, sadly, 2011.

Yeah, he was a little late.

The point is, if Lego did it right, they can have a convoluted backstory, and continue G1 while still leaving everything open for newcomers to become enthralled like we have.

• Upvote 3

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

The point is, if Lego did it right, they can have a convoluted backstory, and continue G1 while still leaving everything open for newcomers to become enthralled like we have.

Perhaps... this is what Lego is doing.

I mean the story is pretty simple right now, right? That might be so that newcomers aren't scared off by the fact that there's so much to learn... then, over time, Lego will start to introduce more things, and for all we know, Okoto could be located on Spherus Magna. We don't know yet, we're mostly being kept in the dark for now, perhaps the books coming out later this year will prove to give us insight and knowledge on what G2 really has in store for us.

|

Why do so many people want a continuation of Gen1? Do you guys not realize how much of a financial mistake that would be? The reason Gen1 ended is because sales had gotten much worse. Do you really think LEGO want's to continue something that didn't give them a satisfactory profit? Not everything is about fanservice, and not every fanservice is about us! AFoLs are NOT the target audience! Kids 6-14 are the target audience. I feel like sometimes the folks on BZP tend to think of ourselves as more than we are to LEGO. Are we fans? Yes. Does LEGO appreciate us? Certainly. Does LEGO want to do everything in their power to please us? Heck no! They've got kids to appeal to, we're not gonna get anywhere by whining for more Gen1 related stuff.

• Upvote 1

Why do so many people want a continuation of Gen1? Do you guys not realize how much of a financial mistake that would be? The reason Gen1 ended is because sales had gotten much worse. Do you really think LEGO want's to continue something that didn't give them a satisfactory profit? Not everything is about fanservice, and not every fanservice is about us! AFoLs are NOT the target audience! Kids 6-14 are the target audience. I feel like sometimes the folks on BZP tend to think of ourselves as more than we are to LEGO. Are we fans? Yes. Does LEGO appreciate us? Certainly. Does LEGO want to do everything in their power to please us? Heck no! They've got kids to appeal to, we're not gonna get anywhere by whining for more Gen1 related stuff.

I don't want it to be a continuation per se, but more of a reincarnation or the child of G1... it should be new and have its own aspects while also borrowing certain elements from G1.

|

I don't want it to be a continuation per se, but more of a reincarnation or the child of G1... it should be new and have its own aspects while also borrowing certain elements from G1.

That's what it already is! We've got the six Toa (Mata), the Mask of Time, golden masks, Makuta is the villain, what more could you want?

• Upvote 2

That's what it already is! We've got the six Toa (Mata), the Mask of Time, golden masks, Makuta is the villain, what more could you want?

Well, we don't know much really about G2 atm, but yeah, I see what you mean. I'm not complaining, I'm just glad that Bionicle is back for 2015! I don't mind which way Bionicle takes, I'll follow it all the way. Will I like everything Lego does with G2? Probably not 100%, does that mean I'll go on a rant because I feel lego doesn't care about me? Heck no! As I said earlier, I'm just glad to have Bionicle back in 2015+ :)

|

for all we know, Okoto could be located on Spherus Magna.

It's a reboot.

AKA, no, Okoto isn't on Spherus Magna. :P

Well we don't know that for sure yet, but you're probably right. I was just throwing that out there as an example as well... :P

It is a thing we absolutely do know for sure.

• Upvote 3

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when Tahu, Gali, Lewa, Kopaka, Pohatu and Onua meet Tahu, Gali, Lewa, Kopaka, Pohatu and Onua.

Gen1 Tahu would be furious at Gen2 Tahu for being so much better than him (keep in mind that where the story left off, Tahu was in his Stars form).

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when Tahu, Gali, Lewa, Kopaka, Pohatu and Onua meet Tahu, Gali, Lewa, Kopaka, Pohatu and Onua.

Gen1 Tahu would be furious at Gen2 Tahu for being so much better than him (keep in mind that where the story left off, Tahu was in his Stars form).

Uh, no, it would be the other way around because Gen1 Tahu has Kraata powers, his Hau, and power of Fire, whereas Gen2 Tahu only has fire power from his golden mask. 

Gen1 Tahu would kick Gen2 Tahu's butt. 

Uh, no, it would be the other way around because Gen1 Tahu has Kraata powers, his Hau, and power of Fire, whereas Gen2 Tahu only has fire power from his golden mask. 

I'm pretty sure Cwog was just making a joke about the sets, not the story. After all, story-wise, isn't the Stars version of Tahu just a re-imagining of his Toa Mata design?

Story-wise, of course we all know that G1 Tahu is a highly-experienced veteran hero while G2 Tahu is still just getting the hang of things after waking up with no memories at all. Even if you ignore power levels, G1 Tahu would have an obvious edge in combat. But this is all a wacky hypothetical situation anyway, since the two Tahus are unlikely to exist in each other's universes, so there's no need to get hung up on official story when there are jokes to be made!

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 2

Yeah, well, my dad could beat up your dad!

• Upvote 3

I dunno. I honestly think it'll end up being a tie if not G2 Tahu being the winner, if you pit both incarnations against each other at the very beginning. Since they're immune to fire, it will be down to fighting prowess. In which G2 seems to be superior at.

te0FrhT.jpg