Rpg: Starscape

Xomeron

OOC: Funny that that's pretty much the easiest proper noun I've used so far.IC(Lord President): "Confirmed. Requested specifications are in the works, in progress, will be sent shortly."The specifications that would be sent weren't anything that would give away sensitive secrets - just information on the appropriate size and shape of ground-level living quarters, along with where to place the greenhouse where the diplomats would farm all of their food.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: I'm curious about the Diemawr reasoning; how is having an embassy on a Syrrinx world a big advancement for them and a Syrrinx embassy in their space a small advancement for my lizards?IC:Within a few hours, Seela Nachii and a handpicked crew of twenty-six Xenologers were loaded aboard a Faerie-class Cruiser. The ship's cargo manifest was long, but the gist of it was simple. One prefabricated standard Syrrinx office building, unassembled. One flagpole and the flag of the Syrrinx Republic to match. Several biovats, for growing the quantity of meat those Syrrinx would require. Several physical printers, for assembling the tech the Syrrinx would need. The ship began the hours-long journey to the Syrrinx' new home.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOCPower, he isn't in Sector 1. He's in Sector 3. The unreleased sector.

OOC: Problem is he's in Sector 3, and can't contact anyone, at all. Contact is out of the question for him.

OOC: I knew he was in Sector 3, but he mentioned burnspace being down, so I thought he could travel to the other sectors by just flying there. I just didn't know who he'd fly into given that I'm not sure what part of Sector 1 Sector 3 connects toIC: "We support the idea of an embassy. We suggest you build yours on Silver-Celeste," the Alizarin Ambassador-In-Chief replied, "It is a fledgling world so adding a Syrrinx embassy should be no trouble. Which world of yours is most suitable for Alizarin hospitality?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOCThe IL is a massive interstellar highway; he can't just 'fly there', because Sector 1 and Sector 3 are separated by several hundred lighters -I'll be making exact numbers later when I finish plotting out all the ILs and how they'd all fit in proportion to each other.-And since that might be confusing; the IL isn't up yet, thus he can't fly. Not because it'd take forever on the IL.

Edited by Cartographer Alex Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: My message was specifically to the Diemawr, but heck we can assume they sent one to the Alizarin to.IC:"Calinar is our only planet with large bodies of water." The Syrrinx on the other end of the comm. answered. "Perhaps that would be ideal, though there are several large lakes near Alissan's population centers as well. Perhaps Alissan would be the ideal choice; your embassy could be built near that of the Diemawr, and be able to speak to them in person without sending an embassy across known space."

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOC: Oh, it's plenty of advancement for the Syrrinx, but at relatively little risk for the Diemawr. What might be called a win-win situation. The risk is minimized by keeping the Syrrinx off of and away from the homeworld.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: As ToA deemed it a good idea, the Treanuan Dominion sent a message to the Syrrinx, Natiru, Diemawr, and Alizarin."Though our nation has little experience interacting with others, our Grand Council has decided it would be favorable to invite your races to send diplomats to one of our worlds, along with housing, so they may form an envoy between our races and yours. In return, we would request a similar arrangement on one of your worlds, if you find this proposition favorable."

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC:The Tsui'Nau were sent essentially the same message as the Alizarin, an invite to establish a diplomatic envoy on Alissan.OOC: I knew the moment I started up an embassy the whole Pact would want to.

-Rover

OOC: Well, the Diemawr have already built an Alizarin embassy on Diemwnt-Drwg, but they never got around to telling the Alizarin that.IC: The Tsui-Nau were sent the same message as the Syrrinx, specifications included. The Alizarin were also notified of the embassy that had been built for them on Diemwnt-Drwg, should they choose to make use of it.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC:IC: [28-3, Abjiost. Assembly of the Undertaking]The chamber was spherical, and roughly as wide as a football field. The top hemisphere was a plethora of graphs, charts and data that were opened and closed across a great holographic screen, a dome holding the collective knowledge of an entire race. In the bottom half were hundreds of alcoves built into the side of the sphere, each with a prominent intellectual politician or head of a certain science. The concentrated genius of that one room was greater than the sum of the entire city's intellect outside of the dome. In the center was the brainchild of the Lopec, the very soul of their passion for knowledge - Master of Mind Lojekek. Old beyond remembering, he was both the elected leader of the race and the most intelligent and successful scientist the Lopec have ever known. It was he who annihilated the Quarter Pox, he who created a special EMP pulse that disabled the weapons of the former Conglomerate long enough for them to be seized and destroyed, bringing peace to the world. He developed the concepts behind FTL speed, although it would be others that would apply and complete it.He was present, but not as himself. In his place stood a mechanical robotic representation of a Lopec, with the high and broad carapace, hallowed head and many dangling opposadendrites, all rendered in metal. His actual body was located in another facility on the other side of the planet: a special chamber and vat that kept him alive throughout the ages. He was present in that he had direct control over the body of the robot, and could speak through it - for he had long lost the ability to speak with his own throat. The technology was imperfect, there were occasional glitches, but in general Lojekek had complete control."I appear as personification; mind out of body." Though he spoke through the machine, it had been programmed to sound exactly like he did in ages long past: with an air of infinity and understanding about his baritone words. "The Assembly of the Undertaking will convene. Present inquiry, assertion."The leaders of the Regional Assembly from the four other worlds were present as well, and it was the Scholar of Mind from Homsej that spoke."I appear as Scholar of Mind, Hokenj, of the Third Star Homsej. I present assertion, then inquiry. We have received the plans for the Metek fighter, and it is to my mind known just now that it is underway in understanding and construction." His six cyan eyes, arranged in a hexagon across his bland face, narrowed. "That is assertion. I now present inquiry. What is the intention of the Master of Mind Lojekek, in regard to the four Regional Assemblies of the Second to Fifth Stars? Are we to be dissolved, and our independence cast aside?""Union is power. There must be one voice, one head to the body of the race. There may still be six eyes, and there are already many opposadendrites at work in the Great Undertaking. The Regional Assemblies were made in the time of the disaster, but the disaster is gone. Thus, they are no longer needed, for now we may connect and become whole again.""Then you have made it clear your position. I contest, for in independence each of the Five Stars took the Great Undertaking to their own path, and it is only now that we share our understanding. Independence created this, it will create more.""We are no longer independent from another. The Burnspace is dissolved, we are united again by choice or not. There will still be the Regional Scholar, appointed by this Assembly, that will oversee each Star.""But that is not independence, reverent one. One who can give may take in equal amount, and you cannot piece together what was broken 20 of our years ago. I do not speak alone, my people feel that they are separate, for they were born as such. Turmoil is the child to injustice, and I will see that there will not be an injustice to give birth to it."Lojekek was deeply troubled by this. He did not, could not understand what had become of the Homsej Scholar of Mind, that he would go so far as to hint at disorder.War must be avoided at all costs. Yet, the Great Undertaking requires unity, and we cannot abandon that, for we would be purposeless."The Regional Assemblies will stand, though we will discuss direct terms at a later time. I hope you do not wish to unify the race through disorder and chaos: that is the providence of the past era.""Then you will have to wait and see what I intend." With that, Hokenj turned and left, along with the other elect of Homsej.Disunion was on the horizon, and Lojekek recognized it from times he thought long gone.

-[bZRPG Profiles]-

- [Vejmeq] - [isiak] - [Qathek] -

OOC: I knew the moment I started up an embassy the whole Pact would want to.

OOC: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :PIC: The Alizarin accepted the offers from the other races, sending diplomats to the Diemawr for the embassy and buildiers to the Syrrinx and Tsui'Nau to construct embassies."In the recent updates to Silver-Celeste we have created a specifically designed city," they explained to the other races, "It is designed as water-tight, so those of you that require air can survive on our worlds and not feel cut off."OOC: 2-3 upgraded to Self-Sustaining. Carnelian on 2-5 complete, begin construction of Jade-class Starbase

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC1-40 is now a protectorate. Self sustaining Dec. 4.All Valiants undrydocked.Oh yeah, and because Vigor has started in S3 I figure all of you might as well see the maps for full now.Sector 3Sector 6Sector 6 will likely be renamed to Sector 4 because Xom's worried it might be confusing, but didn't take into consideration all the GIMP files I'll have to rename to keep it straight in my head.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: As of yesterday, 2-33, Tonn Croa, is now an inner world.Detection nets finished in 2-42, 2-34, 2-35, 2-43, and 2-47.IC: As satellite detection nets now spanned most of the empire, the Scylla and Riptide Interceptor Group were grounded in 2-34, Ka'andro. Above the planet, construction began on a new colonizer, intended for 2-48.Meanwhile, the embassy ships reached their destinations, transmitting a signal to the Syrrinx, Diemawr, and Alizarin host worlds.Greetings, friends. We have been designated as the ambassadors to your race. If you will tell us where to land our craft, we can begin our duties.OOC: Where in the sectors do those connect to?

Edited by Toast of Awesomeness

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOChahahahahahaha.Sorry mate, I'm not giving away that information just yet. Otherwise it'd open up metagaming and you guys would swarm towards the next IL, when it doesn't exist yet.

voidstars.png

OOC: Since I have very limited access to BZP (this computer is vulnerable to viruses that we suspect are using BZP as a vector) until my computer is fixed, I'm going to take some actions that will come into effect tomorrow.Masada upgrades to Class 3 tomorrow.Colonizer deignate Phoenicia finished a wile ago, I dunno when. Planting flag...Damascus upgraded to Outer World, will collate maturing time to Inner later.Total IP available: 6Al projects complete on Dec 10.IC: The colonizer Phoenicia took its leave and planted the Osalieli flag on 1-46.Meanwhile, the defense systems of Baross and Gallia were completed. Baross began to make a second flagship, the Invictus, while all of the other planets in the Imperium began work on ground defenses.:w:

Industrial Report:Current Forces: Eight Changeling class Small Ships, Four Faeries, Two Dragons, One Kraken w/10 FightersUnder Construction: 4 Hobgoblins, completed on the 4th.Industry Cost: 16Planets: 2-7(Forge World[Lianka]{With a Satellite Detection Network), 2-9(Forge World[Calinar]), 2-8(Homeworld[Ath]), 2-15(Core World[Nadwoo]) 2-14(Outer World[Allissan])Industrial Capacity: 17Calinar and Lianka upgrade on December 15th, Nadwoo on December 11st. Allissan on December 6th.Total Industry: 0

-Rover

OOCIndustry report already? It's Saturday, not sunday.

voidstars.png

So it is...I'm having a strange weekend. Let's just leave it at that.On the plus side, as of today, I have three Large Ships.

Edited by King Of Shadows

-Rover

OOCI can just see some old wrinkled Syrrinx leader in the background saying, "And now you will see the full power of this fully operational battlefleet!"I'm not too concerned; while a tussle with all three at once would be pretty **** destructive, fact of the matter is two of them are two giant guns strapped to a bunch of armor with a superweapon. While that ruins anyone's day, fighters could get in and disable it with ease. Your carrier though presents a more tactical challenge; I'mma probably going make a missile large once my economy kicks back into gear.

voidstars.png

IC:Changeling class ships being refitted. All eight currently inactive. Due to be reactivated tomorrow.

-Rover

OOC:King of Shadows, I can;t help but think of this when I read Hobgoblin:2456.png(it's the name of a scout drone from EVE Online, a space game)IC: [General][industry Report]Available/Sum of IP points: 2/9 IP28-3: Building Standard Colonizer. ETA: 12/8/1125-3: Building Sahku sahku.png exploration starship. ETA: 12/4/1126-3: Building 4 Jihek jihek.png frigate gunboats. ETA: 12/4/1127-3: Building 4 Jihek jihek.png frigate gunboats. ETA: 12/4/1129-3: Completed 10 Metek fighters29-3: Build 10 Luqis luqis.png fighters, 0 IP. ETA: 12/4/1125-3, 26-3, 27-3, 29-3: Will become Inner Worlds @ 12/8/11[ship Report]25-3: 1 Jihek jihek.png frigate gunboat.26-3: 1 Jihek jihek.png frigate gunboat.27-3: 1 Jihek jihek.png frigate gunboat.29-3: 1 Jihek jihek.png frigate gunboat, 10 Luqis luqis.png fighters, 10 Metek fighters.

-[bZRPG Profiles]-

- [Vejmeq] - [isiak] - [Qathek] -

OOCTrust me Vigor, Xom knows what EVE Online is. He's convinced me to join.

voidstars.png

OOC: Amarr. Combat, Leadership, and Industrial Character, running a Harbinger and a Vengeance. I based the ship and weapon sizes in this off of EVE.Glory to the God-Empress!

-Rover

IC: On the planet of Silver-Celeste the Tsui'Nau diplomatic envoy were met by a welcoming committee, including the planet's Magnolia, the equivalent to mayor."The diplomatic quarters have been built on the town of Gainsboro during the upgrades," said the Magnolia, "It has been specially designed to be air-tight to equip the other races in the centre, but as an aquatic race like us, your dwelling will be on the suburbs, amongst the waters."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Thank you for your hospitality, Alizarin, replied the Tsui'nau diplomat, the ship behind him.We have the tools and materials required to construct or convert one of your dwellings for our use, if you'll show us where it shall be located.OOC: Note- Tsui'nau are Asexual, but my other races have two genders.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC [Location: Citamgine. Identity: General]While work continued on mapping Alizarin biology, military strategists were called in to begin forming plans on an invasion of Leben space. Thanks to spy probes the Natsirt knew that the Leben fleet size was small and the combined fleet of the TAP could easily crush it. Nonetheless a strategy began to be devised, all while the governments of the TAP watched the situation forming in 1-32 as Leben and Natsirt warships stared each other down. The strategy, upon completion, would be sent to the TAP committee and military council for review and approval. With the Leben in sector 2, possibly negotiating a treaty with the Alizarin, the Alliance had more reason that ever to make sure this strategically placed enemy would not disturb them in the future.

voidstars.png

OOC: How have the Natsirt found out about the Pact? I get that monitering communications might clue you in that the Alizarin are keeping in touch with everyone else but how would you know about any specific pact between all of them? You haven't been sending ships in to scout, and I don't see how you could spy on messaging from anyone but the AlizarinIC: "The dwelling is this way if you will follow us," said the Magnolia, swimming off with its entourage

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOCI did post a while back that I was sending in an IIA agent on a civilian vessel to snoop about. He's been picking up scattered communications; I'm assuming the Pact would be announced to the citizenry of the various peeps, but if not then redact that.

voidstars.png

OOC: And yet except for that very first post, you haven't mentioned Mr. IIA agent. If you're going to have him sailing about in your space, post about him as he's going about it. Can't just post it once and then have him go all super-spy on everything.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCYou have to be a super spy to pick up EM transmissions in a solar system and relay them back to IIA head quarters? Never realized operating a radio required that much keen spying abilities.Very well though, considering I've ticked off two people and will probably tick off Xom now, I'm redacting the Pact part; I guess I'll just IC the guy doing the oh-so-difficult job of relaying stuff.

voidstars.png

OOC: Getting into the solar system, receiving the transmissions - and believe me, they probably aren't being sprayed about space willy-nilly - and doing the whole job unnoticed might require a dash of stealth, yeah. Remember, in Sector 2, the Natsirt are Public Enemy #1.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: You've got to IC him doing it, just remind us about it every once in a while.

-Rover