Rpg: Starscape

Xomeron

OOC: Afraid it's worse than that. The Dragon he left behind is a Large. The Syrrinx have, so far as I know, made no mention of Starbases in their construction, but I'm not starting the fight until I'm sure.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCOk, so Xom has at least one starbase over Lianka and Calinar. No clue what those colonies are in numbers but I'm suspecting they're his homeworld and something else. It won't be an easy fight, but we simply need to destroy his fleet in 1-40 and then a combined TAP-Pact assault force will be able to crush the rest of his defenses.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: I count one starbase each over Calinar and Lianka, maybe a second over Lianka, but no indication of the industrial capacity to sustain them and his fleet. Fleet takes up, as of last IR, 17, which was his industrial capacity at the time, and he never includes Starbases in his IRs. His IC has gone up by one as of yesterday, but that would only support one additional point, not the two needed for a pair of standard starbases.And, of course, I can find no mention of the specifications of these Starbases. Class appears to be Harnos, but no specifications are given, anywhere. Lovely.

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCYeah, at least I was kind enough to put my stuff into my blog. Xom's specifications are no where to be seen.Oh yeah, speaking of my blog, a short thesis on jump mechanics will be appearing there shortly, after I got the final approval from Xom.But are you including the colonizer in that count? As Xom specifically said he haulted construction/drydocked it.Either way, if you can just pull some hit and run attacks on his undefended colonies while we finish up the fleet in 1-40, then Xom has zero fleet and we'll be able to happily stroll up through his space, sending a wave of destruction, then once we've eliminated all his starbases and his large, we pop up above his homeworld and go, "well, what now?"

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

HOLY BLOODY ****That is a ton of ships. Once Lloyd's large reaches here, that's three larges to counter Xom's larges. There'll be more than enough to utterly destroy Xom's fleet, leaving him with a mere one medium. If the TAP and Pact join forces, Xom's worlds will be razed before he can say 'what the beeping ****?'

OOC: Most of them are small ships, which come in batches of four anyway. If you look at it that way, I've only brought nine ships to help out.Oh the Dragon is a Large? Well its still only one ship. I know the Treanuans at least have one of their own, or you could just try and lure it into Diemawr defencesIC: "Understood. We too hope this shall help seal the cracks in our relationship."In the Carnelian's central bridge, a holographic projection of the battle scene was beaming out, comprised of their data and the Natsirt's. Alizarin coordinators were swimming round it like enthusiastic debris."We heavily outnumber their smaller ships," one noted, "I suggest we tackle them head on, stop them engaging the large ships in the fray. Either take them out or force them closer together for this Natsirt 'flak cannon' to deal with.""Keep the Ceruleans in reserve. Use them as a strike force, disrupt Syrrinx ranks or pick off specific targets.""Charge up the Ion Storm! Prepare the railgun! This ship is the only thing that has a decent chance of taking out the large Syrrinx vessels!"IC: On the Alizarin border, the Treanuan ships were given much the same message the Diemawr had. It had been a pre-prepared speech after all."We regret to inform you that we are not," was their reply, "At least, not if it is for the Syrrinx's mad crusade. Are you aware that their invasion is an unprovoked attack? The exact action the Pactum Quintum was formed to prevent. Their actions are nothing but folly and greed. They will doom us to an endless cycle of retribution and vengeance which will likely annihilate our planets along with the Natsirt's. Two races doomed by their pettiness. They are showing their colours as a threat to the peace and stability we engineered, all five of us, together. To our mind that means the strictures of the Pact call for us to stop them."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Hit-and-run attacks nothing. I've got the forces to drill very big holes in Syrrinx space, capture some planets, whatever I want. Wherever that Dragon goes, it's guaranteed to run into superior forces. Concentrate fire on the Starbases, and they'll go kaput quickly.But, I'm not doing any of this until Xom provides the specifications on those Starbases. Once he's online and has done that, the fight begins. Until then, I recommend that we all hold - it's no fun firing on an enemy that isn't technically there.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC [Location: 1-40. Identity: Head Admiral]"Sir, we are now in weapons range!" The lieutenant yelled."Open fire with the main cannon; track and destroy their closest capital ship -OOC: the Dragon-. Bring the secondary cannon online and track a medium sized ship; fire when ready. Bring the machines guns and defense grid up to speed; our sensors are detecting fighters, and the last thing we need is getting picked off by them. Order the fleet to mantain at least a thousand kilometer distance from the vessels; the smaller vessels can drop in at five hundred kilometers. We can't get torn apart by any of their defense grids if we keep our distance.""Sir, the flak gun's capacitors are online. Orders?""Fire on my command; no sooner. We need to wait for our allies to cluster the Syrrinx ships together so it'll have maximum effect." The Admiral called up the fleet. "Listen up everyone; the Last Breath of the Enemy's main weapon is a magnetically accelerated flak gun; it fires a massive shell which explodes and releases flak into the battlefield. The flak is going at such speeds that anything that hits it is going have a bad day; thus, we need to get the Syrrinx as close together as possible so it'll have maximum impact. A full on blast with this railgun will cripple a capital ship and annihilate smaller vessels; if we can get them clustered together tight we can wipe out many of their smaller vessels and put a few holes in the larger ones. The Kalarii and Oselili vessels will flank from the z axis, while the Alizarin will flank from the y and x axises. The Natsirt vessels will continue straight forward, until we can fire off our main weapon, at which point the Alizarin can fire their capital ship's main weapon and the Syrrinx fleet will be in disarray. At that point we break formation and pick off our targets until there is nothing left."

voidstars.png

OOC: Seriously guys, I only have one protestNot every race will see an unprovoked attack as a bad thing. The Syrrinx don't; they simply don't have an idea of provocation; if you can get an advantage from it, you attack. I just wish someone was playing the same way. "Unprovoked" doesn't have to equal "immoral" for everyone just because it does for humans. It also makes things incredibly boring when no one wants to be the bad guy.My ships' specifications are secret to prevent metagaming. Else you could just look up what each class has and devise a way to fight it before ever encountering it.IC:The six visible Syrrinx ships were less than an hour from the planet, at their current speed and trajectory, when their trajectory changed abruptly. Any ballistics expert could see what was happening; their course would take them not into the planet's gravity well, but out into open space again; the ships had been under one-gravity acceleration for several hours now, and it would take them less than an hour to reach minimum jump distance(estimated speed; 5,000 kilometers per second). Meanwhile, the Dragon, the Kraken, and the four Faeries were roughly a million kilometers from the enemy fleet. First to fire was the Dragon's Antiproton gun; a cone of antiprotons shot out of the front of the now backwards ship at roughly .79 c. Four an a half seconds to impact. Following were three shots from Starcannons; these shells traveled at roughly .03 c; estimated impact time; 16 minutes. The shells from the Faeries' Railguns fired far smaller shells with far less energy, and accomplished an identical speed. The Hobgoblins did not fire, but kept formation with the other ships. The Changelings, of course, were nowhere to be seen. The Faeries kept up fire, a shot every thirty seconds from each ship. The Dragon fired roughly once every two minutes, the Kraken closer to four.OOC: Whoever it is that goes by Helljumper 942 on AIM: Godwin's Law.

Edited by King Of Shadows
That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOC: Negative, that explanation for keeping your specs secret is stupid. You have to know all of our specifications so you can approve them - this implies that you don't trust us any farther than you can throw us, but you expect us to trust you implicitly, which isn't going to happen. If you don't trust us enough to see the specifications for your ships, then that says way more about you than it does about us.Also, those speeds for projectiles are ridiculous and unnecessary. Takes way more energy to propel something at a significant fraction of C than it's worth, considering that Mach 10 is more than sufficient for destructive energy on impact.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

To be completely honest, I mostly skimmed peoples' ship profiles a lot of the time, and can't really remember, but since you insist...ShipsClass Name: ElementalClass Size: FighterClass Function And Description: Space Superiority Fighter, meant to destroy enemy fighters and bombers, and provide close support to Syrrinx Ground Troops. Trans Atmospheric.Class Weapons: Three Rotary Missile LaunchersClass Name: ChangelingClass Size: SmallClass Function And Description: Stealth Ships. Equipped with a Cloaking Device. Designed for firing on far-away targets in hit-and-run attacks. Its railgun is far better at range than RMLs are due to their higher shell velocity, at the expense of rate of fire. It is also much slower than a Hobgoblin due to a higher mass.Class Weapons: 1 Railgun, 2 Rotary Missile Launchers, 1 Cloaking DeviceClass Name: HobgoblinClass Size: SmallClass Function And Description: MISSILE BOATS DAKKADAKKADAKKADAKKAClass Weapons: 7 Rotary Missile LaunchersClass Name: HarpyClass Size: MediumClass Function And Description: Built on the Faeire chassis as a Battlemech Deployment vehicle. Mechs are shot from the ship through a large cannon on the nose of the ship. Going down in metal-foam lined drop pods with large retro-thrusters, the mechs can land safely using carefully computed trajectories, letting them come down at the same time in precise areas.Class Weapons: One Dropship Bay, 5 Rotary Missile LaunchersClass Name: SpriteClass Size: MediumClass Function And Description: Force Projection; meant to get fighters onto the battlefield and provide a core for their operations.Class Weapons: One Carrier Bay, 5 Rotary Missile LaunchersClass Name: FaerieClass Size: MediumClass Function And Description: Battlecruiser. Designed for hunting other Cruisers. Its heavy weapons load is excellent at hunting cruisers, and Faeries work well with Sprites Capable of damaging Large ships in a one-on-one fight.Class Weapons: 2 Railguns, 2 Rotary Missile LaunchersClass Name: KrakenClass Size: LargeClass Function and Description: Carrier. Brings a full wing of fighters to the battle, and is a deadly ship all its own, the Kraken is primarily used for force projection; swarming enemy ships with a horde of fighters.Class Weapons: 1 Carrier Bay, Four Rotary Missile Launchers, 1 Starcannon, Antiproton GunClass Name: DragonClass Size: LargeClass Function And Description: Dreadnought. Visually resembling a cinderblock mating with an angry cathedral, the Dragon is designed for bombarding enemy cities, Starbases, and other Battleships, a Dragon will inevitably be the focus of any battle it is present on, for it can turn the tide of entire wars.Class Weapons: 1 Starcannon, two Railguns, 1 Point-Defense Network, Antiproton GunClass Name: WyvernClass Size: LargeClass Function and Description: Missile Boat, Fighter/Small ship hunter. Mounts several Rotary Missile Launchers. Built on the hull of a Dragon, but the removal of the Starcannon allows for an oversized engine, allowing the ship to accelerate unreasonably fast; at similar rates to a Small ship, in fact.Class Weapons: Antiproton Gun, 15 Rotary Missile LaunchersClass Name: HarnosClass Size: StarbaseClass Function And Description: Repair and heavy fire support of Syrrinx ships in orbital operations; reload and protection for Fighters.Class Weapons: 16 Rotary Missile Launchers, 1 Point Defense Network Edited by King Of Shadows

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOC.....03 C railgun rounds?Rover, I leave the schematics of this to you.Ninja'd.-IC removed due to decree-

Edited by Cartographer Alex Humva

voidstars.png

OOC: That's not really what the Antiproton gun would do. Because the Antiprotons all have a negative charge, they spread out into a cone. So a good section of the fleet would have its armor full of maybe fist sized holes. Most importantly, those holes will be all over their guns, cameras, antennas, and radar dishes.

-Rover

OOCBlah, you and your exotic weaponry.New IC inprogress.

voidstars.png

OOC: Yep.Epic battles spanning whole star clusters.Playing Christmas music.Aaaawwwww yyeeeeeaaaahhh

-Rover

OOC: I'm listening to two David Bowie songs, back and forth. Bombers and Running Gun Blues. You should look them up, they're fun.That being said, kaboom. Rather like my odds here. Oh, and where is that spare Dragon laying about?IC(Fleet in 2-6 to 2-7): After the brief confrontation with the Alizarin, and the redirecting of the Diemawr invasion force, they warped back into 2-7. Without announcing their intentions to the Syrrinx, the six-ship fleet* set a direct course for Lianka. Along the way, the four Marwolaeth aimed laser blasts at the planet's Starbase, aiming to disable its weaponry with light-speed attacks before the sub-light engines of the ships brought them close enough to the planet to begin destroying orbital shipyards.IC(Fleet in 2-10 to 2-9): Meanwhile, a fleet of eight Marwolaeth warped into the Calinar system and began firing on the planet's Starbase as they moved deeper into the system, aiming, like their counterparts over Lianka, to disable all defenses and capture the planet.IC(Dugrhyfel in 2-28 to 2-14): As the third component of a coordinated assault on Syrrinx home-space, a medium ship warped into the Allissan system and began moving in-system, sending out regular radar pulses to pick up any waiting defensive ships. As this ship had no others to cover it should the assault go wrong, it was much more cautious than the other two forces of Diemawr ships.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Calinar/LiankaThe attacks took the Starbase by surprises; the Syrrinx had absolutely no reason to expect any attack from what they thought were their closest allies. Regardless, the inherently tough design of the Starbase meant that the opening attack did little; Four lasers weren't much of an Alpha strike. Immediately, the Starbases locked onto the incoming fleets, firing vast sheets of missiles at their targets, one shot per second, from sixteen guns per starbase, a one kiloton yield per missile. An unexpected effect, however, was the sudden stream of EM radiation on all bands blasting towards every Diemawr ship detected(including the one over Ath) from every satellite in orbit abandoning its duties to cloud the invaders' sight with white noise. Antennae and dishes were flooded, cameras blinded. The Dragon that had been assigned to garrison duty warped abruptly in from Ath to Calinar, coming out behind the Diemawr fleet, hoping to catch it in between two sheets of fire. It burned towards the invaders at four gravities, two Starcannons firing and a barrier of Flak blasting around it.IC: Diemawr worldSeela Nachii was almost immediately notified of the attack by Ansible; immediately she gave two orders. The first was for her aide to get her in contact with the Diemawr government. The second was for the entire embassy staff to get in full armor with weapons charged. A self destruct mechanism was already in place; three pounds of Antiprotons. Enough to leave a large crater in the city the embassy was established in.OOC: Also, I have a plan in case the Syrrinx get wiped out. You'll all hate it.

-Rover

OOC: I don't recall any embassies having been established on Goron-Trysor yet. The Diemawr just agreed that they liked the idea.Also, why exactly would things that are really kind of freaking important not be EM-shielded? I can understand the radar going down, but I'm going to have to insist that the cameras stay up.Also, which system is the Dragon coming into, Calinar or Lianka? You kind of failed to mention which one.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, they're firing visual light at it too. Every spectrum. I suppose the cameras would be less sensitive though, so yeah.Also, the embassy got established, I remember that well. Edited the Dragon to Calinar

-Rover

Soon, soon. This war looks like it's going to be a quick one, so I'll hold off either till it's over or until we reach a stalemate.

-Rover

I would definitely mind.IC:"Minimum safe distance reached. All ships, jump out!" The ships were suddenly gone from 1-40 ; the only evidence of their ever being there the light now rushing away from where they had been, and the vast amount of ordinance still rushing towards the TAP fleet. The fleet reappeared on the outer edge of 2-5 and sent a message to the Alizarin."Just passing through, but our worlds in 2-7 and 2-9 are under surprise attack from the Diemawr; any aide you could render would be greatly appreciated."

-Rover

OOC: Roger that, found the post where the embassy was sent over. Also, considering the time-zone Power is in, and the rather heavy involvement of the Alizarin in all of this, I'm going to have to ask that we hold the fight until tomorrow, as Power is almost certainly asleep at this point.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Beginning to see why no one but me wanted war; it immediately gets every one of your neighbors set against you.Reconsidering whether I want to keep this whole thing going if it's permanently stuck like this...

-Rover

OOC: Yeah, that is the trouble with just getting up and starting a war.It gets worse when the people you're sure are your allies are in a completely different time-zone, so they're fast asleep by the time the enemy's awake. And, of course, if the Alizarin then decide that the Diemawr, not the Syrrinx, are the bad guys, then I'll be annihilated in five minutes flat, because I don't really have any binding alliances, while the Alizarin can call on just about anyone they like.So it all comes down to who they decide are the greatest of three evils. It's not going to be the TAP, we've seen that, but either the Syrrinx or the Diemawr could come out on the losing end of this, and I'm slightly paranoid, so my money's on the Diemawr dying.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCXom, seriously, if you’re going do something destructive and vain because you started a war you’re going lose, well, that’s just plain petty. And since you’ve already informed us that we’re going hate it, I have a feeling it’s going be really, really, petty.IC [Location: 1-40. Identity: Head Admiral]The fleet, being peppered with antiprotons, suffered minimal damages to their hulls but some sensor and communication arrays were knocked off line, as well as some machine guns on the Valiant class vessels. The Last Breath of the Enemy responded by firing it’s main cannon at the Dragon, one metric ton of tungsten-uranium flying towards the vessel at ten kilometres per second. The order went out to the Natsirt fleet to train their weaponry on the vessel, while keeping their machine and flak guns spraying space with flak and bullets to ward off any ships who might want to get close for the kill. Under the assault of multiple railguns and flak guns, the Dragon class vessel would not last long.

voidstars.png

OOC: Whoever it is that goes by Helljumper 942 on AIM: Godwin's Law.

Me apologiez for posting in a topic im no longer 100% affiliated with, but I'd hate to see someone calling me name and not get a reply.I'll keep it in mind Xom; thanks for reminding me.=)--Akaku: Master of Flight

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Recent Work: Return to Forum (2024)
Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)
Older Work: The Legends of Taladi Nui (2017)

S'okay Akaku.IC:The speed-of-light delay was clearly a short but critical one, for the Natsirt fleet recovered from their communications problems long enough to open fire only in the brief moments after the ship was gone.OOC: See my IC above yours.

-Rover

IC [Location: 1-40. Identity: Head Admiral]"Sir, the Syrrinx ships have retreated." The lieutenant rapidly went over his panel. "Fleet reports sixteen dead, five wounded; all ships survived, though many are in need of repairs. Orders?""Fall back to New Llef; we'll make our repairs there and regroup." The Admiral opened a beam to the Alizarin ships present. "Please inform your government that in light of current events we would like to renegotiate our peace treaty, as well as inform you that the TAP fleet will be regrouping before launching the assault on the Syrrinx."An explosion rocked the ship, the Admiral cursing something."And get us out of here! This place is a death trap."OOCTAP fleet warped to 1-39. Repairs beginning, to be completed tomorrow. Protector class starbase begun in orbit of 1-40.

voidstars.png

OOC: I do hope you aren't going to wiggle the Syrrinx around and make them impossible to defeat. The whole "instantly disable all relevant electronics" is starting to get on my nerves.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Hi everyone! I amm new here(To this RPG) and would like to say that I have 3 Core worlds and 1 Homeworld to clairify any issues with this post. Also, I am in Sector 3 and is yet to be added on the first post. IC: Crowds of Rakatans cheered. The day of Independence from the foreign invaders was at its 5,837th celebration. The High Priest stood on the balcony of the Temple of the Ancients. "People of Lehon! Today, we begin our march on the galaxy, enlargening our empire. Our other 3 states: Kutros(3-49), Ilyrvina(3-48), and Firne(3-47) (All Core Worlds) have pledged their support to us! We will be the ones who will be the sole conqeuror of the galaxy-- the universe! Our new flagship: Viscount, wil lead us to victory in out battles! For the Rakata!" The crowds roared with applause. The screens on the telepanels displayed the current construction output:Industrial Pts: 141 Viscount-Class-Battlecruiser(1 week) 3pts (3-47)20 Vigro-Class-Fighters(2 Days) 0pts (3-48)4 Tari-Class-Frigates(3 Days) 1pt (3-49)1 Starbases(1 week) 4pts (3-50)OOC: PM me if this is just too outragous. :/EDIT: Okay, I've fixed it.

Edited by Rakata

You can only build one thing at a time in each planet.And I'm not making the Syrrinx unbeatable.There's a simple way to defeat the electronic desably bits. Two that I can think of offhand, actually.

-Rover

OOC: Would one of those be the fact that you stated very early in the RPG that EMP is essentially useless, by any chance?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: No, it's not EMP, this is just mass jamming with civilian hardware.

-Rover

OOC: So basically you're doing the equivalent of shining a bright light in their eyes.Right. Gotcha. Not too difficult to adjust for, at all - a computer could do it in less than seconds.Still, I'm waiting for Power. S'pose we could go through the motions of the fight on Goron-Trysor, but Idunno. Three companies of exoskeleton-wearing Diemawr against what basically amounts to diplomatic security guards...

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Go ahead and see what those diplomatic security guards amount to, I'd love you to.

-Rover