How to clean Bionicle

bioniclepluslotr

I've had this happen too.

First I try using a feather or Swifter duster if the dust isn't stuck on too badly. If it's too much for that I dismantle the set(s) in question, plug up the bathroom sink, and use a little bit of hand soap and warm water to clean the parts. I've never used a dishwasher, but because they get so hot I'd be afraid of warped pieces.

To prevent the build-up of dust, get yourself a feather duster and dust your sets once a week; it helps a great deal  ;) .

:pakari:

• Upvote 2
[ blog ] onuanutbannermnolgstyle.jpg  [ Flickr ]

I've had this happen too.

First I try using a feather or Swifter duster if the dust isn't stuck on too badly. If it's too much for that I dismantle the set(s) in question, plug up the bathroom sink, and use a little bit of hand soap and warm water to clean the parts. I've never used a dishwasher, but because they get so hot I'd be afraid of warped pieces.

To prevent the build-up of dust, get yourself a feather duster and dust your sets once a week; it helps a great deal  ;) .

:pakari:

Once a week? I's been like 8 years :blink:

• Upvote 1

I use a dishcloth in soapy water for my MoCs. Note this is for the monocolour, hard plastic parts. I haven't done this on the two-tone bohrok head plate/Inika armour or rubbery inika/piraka heads.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I just grab the ones that dirty, use the power setting on my showerhead and blast them with it for a few minutes. Then i shake them in the air for a while to get as much water off them in one go and return them to the shelf.

I occasionally dust the shelf itself on occasion for good mesure but i'm not a neatfreak person, i dust off my shelf less than 10x per year.

qs3135.jpg

I have seven bookcases filled with action figures of various genres and a wall full of MOSC/MISP action figures (been collecting many years). I use a swiffer duster on the sealed toys and for the bigger loose toys, but to dust the smaller stuff without disrupting the displays, I used canned air. They sell it at Wal-Mart for fairly cheap and it works great for cleaning dust off toys and toy shelves.

DO NOT put your toys through the dishwasher. The heat could melt them pretty easily.

• Upvote 1

What about the capes, like Vezon's? Can those go in a washing machine?

I'd think that would get lost for being too small. 

My collection has not yet been a thing enough to gather dust. Usually our sets end up in canisters and/or sealed plastic totes and/or boxes. The dust gets on the latter, not on the set. :shrugs: