Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Exxan - Courtyard.

"Not Tridax," I shook my head. "Kat." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Root - Gym

Root wasn't sure whether to be shocked, amused, or ashamed as the tomahawk impacted its owner. Root stepped forward and offered a hand. "D-d-done?" he asked, hoping to imply there was no shame in completing a spar.

IC: Hoto - Courtyard

Somehow, it didn't surprise her. It seemed least Kat and Exxan had made up. She wouldn't have to choose between them anymore, not that it turned out to be much of a problem.

She wasn't sure what to do now. Jayar was going to the Infirmary, but she would only get in the way. She could stay and talk over the Kaita with Era. It was a good idea, but it would be difficult. And she still had to catch up with Kat.

IC: Fang - Hallways

Fang found himself drawing nearer to the Courtyard. He needed a spot to clear his head, and it had served well after... Omega died. There was the spot that he and Kat had worked on the spines for hours, just the two of them.

But as he drew nearer, he heard voices. Many familiar voices. He couldn't face them. He stepped across the doorway and took a single glance out, hoping they wouldn't notice. Yes, there was Hoto, Kat, Jayar... Era? and... Exxan.

Edited by Click

IC: Era - Courtyard.

"Who's there?" I could hear someone walking past the Courtyard entrance. I wouldn't have noticed, except they'd slowed down as the passed, perhaps to peer inside? 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Y-y-you fight w-w-well," Root said as he hoisted Shield to his feet. "P-p-perhaps more p-p-practice?"

But for now, Root was hungry after that quick fight. He grew a few fruits from his armor and waved one at Shield to see if he wanted it.

IC: Fang - Courtyard

Curse that blind hearing. Era heard him. He picked up the pace slightly, hoping no one else listened to her.

IC: Bullseye/3rd Person/Dorm

He looked outside in the hopes that no one was there. He needed to go get some paper to make some music sheets for himself as music seemed to be the only thing kept him at a level head. He saw Fang walking quickly away and looked farther down to see the courtyard where some Rahkshi were talking. Perhaps he was trying to avoid them? Now would be a good time for a talk. He took a deep breath.

"Hey, Fang?" he weakly said. Hopefully this attempt wouldn't end up as bad as the first time.

IC: Toxin/1st Person/Infirmary ---> Rider's Dorm

I left Stronghold to stand vigil to guard the two, although Palma was already strong enough to deal with violators. I needed to get Rider. Once I got to Rider's dorm, I knocked on his door.

"You in there?"

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Bullseye/3rd Person/Dorm

He didn't know how to respond to that...he took a deep breath.

"No...not really. Been feeling down lately... You?"

IC: Toxin/1st Person/Rider's Dorm

"It's me, Toxin."

I entered.

"I have some bad news."

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Root shrugged and took a bite of the fruit. He had a nigh infinite supply, and it far exceeded the quality of the slop.

Fang still regretted wrongfully accusing Bullseye of being a spy for Exxan... and threatening his life. Perhaps this could be a chance to make that up in some way.

He ignored the question presented to him for now. "Why do you feel 'down'?"

IC: Bullseye/3rd Person/Outside his Dorm

He sat down at his doorstep.

"Perhaps that was a wrong word to say. Not every Rahk uses Matoran slang. By feeling down, I mean feeling really sad. In fact, I could say I'm depressed..."

He realized that he was straying away from the point.

"I've been having thoughts of uselessness and being alone...I don't know if you understand..."

IC: Exxan - Hallway.

Hearing Era call out, and being mostly stuck on the fringes of the conversation anyway, I stuck my head out into the hallway and saw Fang walking away, before striking up a conversation with some other students. "It's Fang!" I called over my shoulder, already starting down the hall towards him. 

"...perhaps," he replied, evasively. When he had first arrived, he had always felt alone. He knew no one shared his philosophies, and didn't care to share them... until Kat. But he somehow found it easier to draw on those initial feelings now. The isolation and the anger. 

He cringed as he heard his name called from the Courtyard. Exxan was approaching, but Fang turned away and whispered to Bullseye, "Shall we continue this conversation in a more... isolated place?" Hopefully they could leave before Exxan caught him.

IC: Exxan - Courtyard.

By the time I reached the spot where I'd seen Fang, he was long gone. Cursing, I headed back to the Courtyard.

"Lost him," I apologised. 

IC: Bullseye/1st Person/Dorm

I looked back, and seeing that Exxan had returned to where he came from. I nodded.

"Sure."

I entered my dorm.

(OOC: YAY! DORM DESCRIPTION TIME! I actually was going to offer Fang to enter my dorm, but I though against it.)

I cleaned up my bed and dusted my keyboard. I may be depressed, but I still needed to keep my stuff clean. Couldn't do much about that Brakas head hanging on the wall, though. But I thoroughly cleaned it when I cut it off with my boomerang.

I offered him one of the few berry juice containers I had on a table and took one to drink myself."

"Want one? The berries were freshly picked yesterday." 

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

OOC: Sorry, I completely missed this.

IC: Glass

"So you don't care what your actions do to others, don't you? You fight because you have nothing else, right? Even when they are defenceless, dying... You don't care, because it's not you in their place."

IC: Xara - Gym. 

"Glass.... I...." Crackling sparks flash across my carapace, "What would you have me do, then?"  I stood there for a few moments in stony silence, daring him to respond, before storming away, leaving a scorched footprints behind me.

Finding a nice quiet corner of the gym, I summoned up a series of targets around me, and got to work. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC: Fang - Bullseye's Dorm

Fang looked around at the unusual decorations. His own room was left in much the same condition he had found it in, yet Bullseye had all sorts of odds and ends everywhere. His eyes found the head, then the strange keyed tool, and the boomerang. It did resemble Caoutchouc's weapon somewhat. And reminded Fang that he had a deep stab wound in one shoulder.

He slowly reached out to take the juice and stared at it for a moment before drinking it. There was very little food he had tried from outside the Academy.

"So... you seemed upset by... Kat and I," he offered between sips. "Personally I'm confused about it myself."

Root nodded. "F-f-for now." He could be useful as long as he could be tolerated.

"Ah...no. I'm actually happy for you. Rahks don't normally find companion like that. Anyways I hope I didn't ruin the moment for you, you guys did look cute together."

IC: Toxin/1st Person/Rider's Dorm ---> Infirmary

"I'll leave you be."

As I walked to the infirmary, I caught bits and pieces of Bullseye conversing with Fang.

"Good. Maybe Fang could lift his spirits."

I made my way to the infirmary and stood by Stronghold.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

"What is the problem then?"

"D-d-do you enj-j-joy reading?" Root asked. The answer to this question may make a significant difference in their alliance.

"Any particular reason why, though?"

Root grinned back. "Ex-x-xcellent. P-p-perhaps we c-c-can read then? I c-c-can show y-y-ou my f-favorite spot-t."

"Weakness is because I haven't done any fighting since I defended Melody from Siren with the help of Vaalku, some other Rahk, and...Omega." he cringed remembering that. "And as for the loneliness issue...I guess that stemmed out from you having a relationship..."

Fang grinned a little as he responded. "I'm afraid I can't offer you advice there. I just had my chassis handed to me by Caoutchouc, and as much as I would like to help with your own relationship, I have no idea what I did. I doubt nearly dying to Matoran works for everyone."

Root set off back to the Library after his short training session. He directed Shield to that familiar shelf, already overgrown once more with vines and roots. Heroic adventure novels lie in various stages of completion amidst the greenery. Besides his room, it was the one place he could call home.

IC: Xara - Gym.

What do I fight for? I skewered a target, twisted the staff and ripped it free. I spun away from it, flinging a pair of Talons from my free hand to spear two more targets. I decapitated a third, then spun back the other way. Glass is right. I'm selfish, uncaring.... 

I ducked down low as if to avoid an enemy strike, and cut one target's legs out from under it. It hit the ground and I lunged, impaling it. So what? That's who I am, why do I have to change that? My inner voice argued back as I continued weaving through the targets, stabbing and slashing, then using the flat part of the weapon to crush and bludgeon, interspersing the pattern here and there with a bit of knife throwing. 

I'm a fighter.... I don't need to change.... I need to win. There was always a new threat, a new obstacle to overcome. I had to be ready for it, or I was going to fall. And I refused to fall, to anyone. 

I made one final slashing motion, cleaving an already-battered target in half, and stood there, shaking. Spread out all around me is carnage: death and destruction. It was all I was good at. Glass is right.... I'm a monster. 

• Upvote 2

"Of course. I wish I could be of more assistance."

IC: Root - Library

Root clambered up and picked up another novel about Lesovikk. The Toa of Air had always intrigued him, though he was not always as heroic as a Toa should be. Root peered over to Shield reading near him and saw the book about the Mangai. 'Twas a tragic tale, truly, if one could see clearly beyond the anti-Dark Hunter and Toa propaganda. 'Twas a shame that even the heroic adventures were tinted by the gaze of the Makuta.