Pestilence

Another Horseman of the Apocalypse, following the line of my Famine .This time its Pestilence:1319858204m_DISPLAY.jpg1319858214m_DISPLAY.jpg1319858223m_DISPLAY.jpg1319858268m_DISPLAY.jpg1319858383m_DISPLAY.jpg1319858276m_DISPLAY.jpg1319858343m_DISPLAY.jpg1319858326m_DISPLAY.jpg1319858283m_DISPLAY.jpgSo yeah, I know it should be "Conquest", not "Pestilence", but the last sounds much more cool and I already had something in mind for it.Anyway, I'm pretty satisfied with this MOC. Legs were kinda rushed, but they still work for me. Originally it woudln't have any silver, but was running out of good white pieces, so had to use it. But yah, I still like it.MOCPages, with more pictures, a more detailed commentary and background music(adds to the creepy factor). I suggest taking a look at it.So that's it, folks! Hope you enjoy it.

Edited by JohannDakitsch

The night is dark and full of terrors...

Please excuse me while I pick my jaw off the floor.*does so*Holy crud, that's amazing. He looks very apocalyptic and menacing, the face especially. The legs are sick, and the torso is beautiful, but that tube arm just looks so cool. Too bad it just hangs there.

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

I say you should keep this model but work at improving it by covering more of the exposed area's.

Maybe, but I'm not really into revamping MOCs or reposting it... I rather move to the next.Oh yeah, now that you said I think I have some idea of how to make the tube arm more poseable... but would look very ugly...Anyway, thanks for the feedback, folks!

It's nice and this and asymmetrical. You have some innovative techniques going on here.I like the build on the torso. The upper torso is fairly complex and the hunched-ness is a good look for him. I also like the white claws that are used on the shoulders as what appear to be spiked epaulets.The back is just … wicked cool. It'd got wires and some nice shaping - a lot of people - me included - don't focus on making the back look good. Well done.I really like that triple helix that's woven to stay together on its left arm. Very nice technique, though I have to question the red. The red would represent some apocalyptic imagery in the form of blood, but it's nowhere else.A couple more areas of improvement - the other arm is one. It seems a bit of a cop-out, considering that the build is much more simple than the rest of the MOC. I don't mind a simpler build - and again, I enjoy the asymmetry - but overall it looks a lot more simple and the large hand on the end really throws it off.Unlike some MOCs, which force the triple-jointed legs on creations that don't need them, this works. Can't say I really like the use of the Thok white, but it's not really bad here - plus the light makes it more ignorable than usual.Really confused as to why you used three-stud axles in the upper knee instead of a two-stud axles. Two-stud axles would have eliminated the issue of having to cover the open axle with the buffers.Final point on the legs is a qualm I have with them - they're not really asymmetrical like the rest of it - and this is alright - but the only attempt at asymmetry is a random silver Mahri tube. Going back to what I said earlier, I wish you'd have used that on the triple-helix arm and done some more work on that leg for purposes of asymmetry. :)

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

how gorgeous. The tube arm is lovely and gives me the image of an arm rotting away, the remaining bits just barely attached by a few tendons and veins.the single-eye, and it's face in general is amazing. I've experienced how hard it can be to make a non-humanoid face look like a face, but you did perfect with this!

69 Days to a Better Body

Days left: 45 | Days completed: 24 | Yesterday: Shoulder's & Glutes - Today's: Triceps - Tomorrow's: Biceps

Miles Completed: 123(+2 Miles) | Today's Time: 1H

8330_s.gif

Exercise time was too bloody hard to fix...forgot to track a few days...sorry.

MOCs: Sah n Dibum - Vehicles Part 1 - Mouldi Pheats - Daleks

Stories: Adventures in the LegoVerse

Interesting Stuff: Shows You're Watching

The right arm is very cleverly done, makes him lopsided, which is good effect for pestilence. The face is pretty original, I like the system grill piece as the mouth, I might use that myself. Very skeletal look, particularly the ribs, once again adding to the pestilence idea. I think it's better than famine as well, so death and war ought to be good when you do them.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Doesn't really strike me as a Horseman....Looks like some sort of fiendish alien-dude-robot-thing... But seriously, this is AWESOME. I swear my jaws literally dropped. I have one problem with it though; the legs don't seem to fit it, so you should re-work them if you're re-doing him anytime soon. And take a good look at my pic and guess who that is ;)

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Doesn't really strike me as a Horseman....Looks like some sort of fiendish alien-dude-robot-thing... But seriously, this is AWESOME. I swear my jaws literally dropped. I have one problem with it though; the legs don't seem to fit it, so you should re-work them if you're re-doing him anytime soon. And take a good look at my pic and guess who that is ;)

Thanks! Oh yeah, the legs were the last thing I did on him, and were kinda rushd. Not fully satisfied with them either, but won't be remaking it anytime soon... Oh, and your avatar is War from that Darksiders game. Never played it, but I like the designs. Edited by JohannDakitsch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...