EXTERMINATION: Review

Voltex

In the original plans, you actually died this chapter; the Shadow was supposed to appear after the crash and execute you right after Voltex woke up. But then I realized that made no sense, because there was no reason for the Shadow to leave everyone else alive.

So you got to live.  :P

THE MEDIC LIVES UNTIL HE DIES

That does tend to be true of most things.

And so, the White Council prove even they are not above the dumbest trope anyone in armor follows: Never Wear A Helmet.

Not all of them - White One wears a helmet at all times.

^ People just don't learn

The fact that you started a new page with merely an arrow referencing Xaeraz's post is even better

• Upvote 5

I just wonder whether any members of the White Council will actually survive this xD

I think you'll get your answer with...

gallery_96949_250_115968.jpg

Shadow Ignited journeys to the Coliseum on the orders of Luroka...

JiMing reveals the completed Iron Voltex armor design to Voltex...

Taka Nuvia leads the final strike on the White Council...

Portalfig once again serves White Seven...

Agent 64 hides away with White Four...

And Voltex finally reaches White One.

You liar. <3

Well I couldn't very well let you think that you knew what was happening~

Well, you could've. Not like I could have spoiled anything. I'm more surprised by your dedication to acting like you had no clue what I was talking about rather than simply saying my prediction was wrong.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

You liar. <3

Well I couldn't very well let you think that you knew what was happening~

Well, you could've. Not like I could have spoiled anything. I'm more surprised by your dedication to acting like you had no clue what I was talking about rather than simply saying my prediction was wrong.

I actually didn't know what you were talking about; Portalfig had to explain it to me. :P

Ah, alright.

Addressing your dislike for the Red Star battle scene, I liked it - although it did begin sort of abruptly, and the end was a little odd - I expected more than just quick crash and blackout, though I can't really tell you specifically how I'd've written it better.

Chapter 8 was good. Council dropping like flies.

I like how you've given each White Turaga a different type of weapon. Little touch, but it helps give them some personality, which is somehow fitting considering their uniformity outside of that.

• Upvote 3

but their spirits

Ah, alright.

Addressing your dislike for the Red Star battle scene, I liked it - although it did begin sort of abruptly, and the end was a little odd - I expected more than just quick crash and blackout, though I can't really tell you specifically how I'd've written it better.

Chapter 8 was good. Council dropping like flies.

I like how you've given each White Turaga a different type of weapon. Little touch, but it helps give them some personality, which is somehow fitting considering their uniformity outside of that.

That's probably why I dislike the Red Star battle, to be honest.

As for the White Turaga - that is something I tried to do. One, it makes them feel a little more like "final bosses" because they're different from their regular mooks, but since most of their real names aren't even revealed in the story, I needed a way to differentiate them; and since not all receive enough focus for their personalities directly, unique weapons for each member of the Council was the easiest thing to do.

It'd be cool if they received names and turned out to have formerly been other characters... although you've used up most of the names that I'd suggest on characters that were already killed off. XD

Haha yeah no I've already done that with Ehks being part of the White Council no more needed  :ninja:

It's all coming together now. Now we only have two White Council members left, but I think things are still going to get worse before the Rebellion can claim victory.

Also, I sence that Voltex, in his mech suit, is going to have a showdown with the Shadow pretty soon....

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Eh, I didn't like the RS battle because the leadup to it was rather forced - Voltex just randomly teleports up there for what seems like no reason except "Control wants a bigger army for the WT/Rebellion battle". 

Also Voltex has these magic "convert to good side" powers. Works on Portalfig and Ehks. 

• Upvote 2

Yay I died.

Just like my school system's ability to count, as it delayed 3 hours and the schedule was 3rd, 5th, 4th, and 7th. =P

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Eh, I didn't like the RS battle because the leadup to it was rather forced - Voltex just randomly teleports up there for what seems like no reason except "Control wants a bigger army for the WT/Rebellion battle". 

Also Voltex has these magic "convert to good side" powers. Works on Portalfig and Ehks. 

Nah, it's more of White One has magic to 'convince' others to join him...

~Just call me Shadow_Ignited~

White 6 definitely sounded like a boss battle to me, what with him kind of throwing everyone everywhere (myself included). Speaking of which, did being thrown around by White Six kill me? All it said was that I collapsed, but just making sure.

And it seems like things are coming to a head, Voltex and White One are having a showdown but maybe Agent 64 and White Four will be there? And then the Shadow has to fit in somehow Good that there's still an element of mystery and that it's not just huge big battle where everyone dies (although those parts are pretty fun too).

[Cyrix]

It's all coming together now. Now we only have two White Council members left, but I think things are still going to get worse before the Rebellion can claim victory.

Also, I sence that Voltex, in his mech suit, is going to have a showdown with the Shadow pretty soon....

Of course they'll get worse

Who on earth would want a happy ending

You know, I was wondering if somebody was going to figure that out. I thought it was obvious with Ehks, but at least you've spotted it. :P

Wait, you mean I did that on purpose whaaaaaat

Yay I died.

Just like my school system's ability to count, as it delayed 3 hours and the schedule was 3rd, 5th, 4th, and 7th. =P

My apologies, RG. You were the third BZP character to die forever.

Nah, it's more of White One has magic to 'convince' others to join him...

It's funny that you mention that, because-

White 6 definitely sounded like a boss battle to me, what with him kind of throwing everyone everywhere (myself included). Speaking of which, did being thrown around by White Six kill me? All it said was that I collapsed, but just making sure.

And it seems like things are coming to a head, Voltex and White One are having a showdown but maybe Agent 64 and White Four will be there? And then the Shadow has to fit in somehow Good that there's still an element of mystery and that it's not just huge big battle where everyone dies (although those parts are pretty fun too).

White Six did not kill you, no. I make sure to explicitly state when somebody is dead.

How did I come to know Luroka? Over a steak in Le-Metru.

Though mind control and/or advertisements in the Villainous Yellow Pages seem more likely.

Not mind control. Chambliss is acting of his own free will.

*timidly raises hand*

Then the partnership between Luroka and Chambliss is a very unique one, indeed. I'll watch to see what more is to it.

Watch closely

don't blink

*timidly raises hand*

Out of 40+ characters, 11 of them survive 

I am sorry to disappoint you

• Upvote 6

question:

does xae get any spines.

What kind of a question is that

A very pertinent question, if I do say so myself.

• Upvote 1

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

question:

does xae get any spines.

What kind of a question is that

A very pertinent question, if I do say so myself.

Except that if you don't already know the answer, then why are you even reading this epic

• Upvote 2

*timidly raises hand*

Wanting something doesn't mean that I expect to get it, Mr. Voltex. 

This epic is entitled "EXTERMINATION" not "Bloody Tales of Redemption involving the White Council and a Rebellion". :P

• Upvote 4

*timidly raises hand*

Wanting something doesn't mean that I expect to get it, Mr. Voltex. 

This epic is entitled "EXTERMINATION" not "Bloody Tales of Redemption involving the White Council and a Rebellion". :P

I tried the second one but it was too long and got cut off

• Upvote 6

On a more "Serious" note, I'll be really tempted to cry "Cop out!" if Voltex is one of the survivors of this whole debacle. He's been beaten down so much through the story that, at this point, a heroic sacrifice feels like the only suitable end he can have, tbh.

• Upvote 8

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

On a more "Serious" note, I'll be really tempted to cry "Cop out!" if Voltex is one of the survivors of this whole debacle. He's been beaten down so much through the story that, at this point, a heroic sacrifice feels like the only suitable end he can have, tbh.

I have a feeling that you are going to be both extremely disappointed and extremely satisfied.

(Which is my way of saying "you'll find out")

Suddenly, I have a really strange gut feeling that White One is an alternate Voltex or something.

I don't know why.

Ehks, do you remember when I tried to pretend that White Thirteen was an entirely separate character?

Do you remember how that turned out?

Yeah, I learned my lesson. :P 

(I won't deny that the idea didn't cross my mind, but after the White Thirteen debacle + merging Books 3 and 4, I reworked a bunch of stuff)

Fishers lives, Voltex dies. 

:P

I can neither confirm nor deny

Suddenly, I have a really strange gut feeling that White One is an alternate Voltex or something.

I don't know why.

Ehks, do you remember when I tried to pretend that White Thirteen was an entirely separate character?

Do you remember how that turned out?

Yeah, I learned my lesson. :P

(I won't deny that the idea didn't cross my mind, but after the White Thirteen debacle + merging Books 3 and 4, I reworked a bunch of stuff)

Yeah, the White Thirteen stuff was really obvious.

Mostly really obvious to me because I figured it out after the first chapter in Book 2 but eh. At least I know my gut reaction was wrong.

i'm glad it's wrong.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Gigavolt, you gave it away as soon as we heard that w13 was named Xaron :P

I thought he gave it away when he put a ? next to White thirteen being a "new" character.

Which he then edited out.

And other things, too.

Edited by Ehksidian

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

That moment was supposed to be the reveal.

I thought he gave it away when he put a ? next to White thirteen being a "new" character.

Which he then edited out.

And other things, too.

This is what I meant by messing up. :P

Great last few chapters. I've been keeping up, just not always posting. :P

I'm amazed you let my character survive this far without even having him kill anyone else in the process. He's dodged death a very improbable number of times. And apparently he can hold his own against a White Turaga? Cool.

Really looking forward to the rest of this!

-Letagi

It'd be cool if they received names and turned out to have formerly been other characters... although you've used up most of the names that I'd suggest on characters that were already killed off. XD

Haha yeah no I've already done that with Ehks being part of the White Council no more needed  :ninja:

Oh, White Four is totally someone else, but I won't give myself too much hassle trying to figure out who.

but their spirits

Great last few chapters. I've been keeping up, just not always posting. :P

I'm amazed you let my character survive this far without even having him kill anyone else in the process. He's dodged death a very improbable number of times. And apparently he can hold his own against a White Turaga? Cool.

Really looking forward to the rest of this!

-Letagi

I like to think of Letagi as the narrator-level non-narrator.

Oh, White Four is totally someone else, but I won't give myself too much hassle trying to figure out who.

Well that's no fun at all