Preferred Turaga Design

Sumiki

Which Turaga design do you prefer?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thanks for making this i always like the 2001 better anyways.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I chose 2001 just because i never owned turaga dume. I really dislike that all the matoran now a days are taller than the turaga set wise where as story wise the turaga are suppose to be taller and stronger than the matoran so i have done some mocs and said that the turaga have "rebuilt" themselves.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

2001 Turaga. I liked how the more "robotic" design. The function, while slightly inane, was still a nice aesthetic touch.Turaga Dume, on the other hand, was a Matoran with slightly bigger arms, bigger legs, and a unique Kanohi. If he hadn't been packaged with Nivawk, I doubt he would have sold very well.

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

I said 2001 Turaga. Here are my pros and cons for each:2001 Pros:

• [*]General build is unique[*]Specific builds have unique variations.[*]Action feature[*]Average height is about the same as a 2003 Matoran

2001 Cons:

• [*]More awkward proportions[*]More limited posability

2004 Pros:

• [*]Less awkward proportions.[*]Less limited posability.[*]Average height is about the same as a 2004 Matoran.

2004 Cons:

• [*]General build is generic-- same as a Matoran build.[*]Only one variation.[*]No action feature.

Overall, I originally disliked Turaga Dume, but I came to realize that having similar proportions to a Matoran was in fact pretty normal even for 2001 Turaga-- that is, if you compare them to 2003 "rebuilt" Matoran, and not to the 2001 Matoran who were shrunken by the Matoran spheres. I then came to view them as more or less equal, save for one key advantage the 2001 Turaga sets had, that being their uniqueness. Turaga Dume was not only near-identical in build to a Matoran, he was also the only new Turaga design after 2001.I really wish there had been more Turaga designs in future waves, although I have experienced how difficult it is to build a unique-looking Turaga with existing parts and typical post-2004 Matoran proportions. And let's face it-- Turaga are probably pretty boring to kids compared to Matoran. Even the hilarious staff-whacking action feature doesn't really make an elderly mentor character seem formidable in any situation, and so as "action figures" they are terribly deficient in their "action" potential.Overall, though, when drawing Turaga I tend to use proportions closer to Turaga Dume's. After all, the proportions of the 2001 Turaga were terribly awkward-- Nokama had gangly gorilla-arms before they were cool, whereas Onewa towered over the other Turaga. While I do try to pay tribute to some of the variations in design between the Turaga on Mata Nui, I don't strive to be authentic to the 2001 sets, especially as sets from 2004 and later made the proportions between Matoran, Toa, and Turaga a lot more reasonable.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I don't think much effort was put into Dume's design, which makes sense since he wasn't released as an individual set. The 2001 Turaga looked very ancient and wise, and thus I liked them better.

I don't know if it was really an issue of effort as much as an issue of "we have this budget-- do we spend it on the old geezer or the super-awesome-bird-monster?" :P

I don't think much effort was put into Dume's design, which makes sense since he wasn't released as an individual set. The 2001 Turaga looked very ancient and wise, and thus I liked them better.

I don't know if it was really an issue of effort as much as an issue of "we have this budget-- do we spend it on the old geezer or the super-awesome-bird-monster?" :P
Exactly. :P
oniban.png