Old Sets Found in Stores?

Xabla

I always have this dream that I'm in a store with every single Bionicle set that was ever sold.

This sounds...like a dream I have? :o

I've had those dreams! Except most of the time it's not every set ever, just every set from one or two lines. Just a few weeks ago I found all the Visorak and Hordika in a Lowes.

...Yes, you read that correctly, a Lowes. Don't ask me why.

Did you get anything?

No, the dream consisted (as I recall; dreams are tough to remember entirely) of me being amazed that they still had the sets.

I used to dream that before starting buying sets by eBay.

Some dreams I'd get into the store hoping to complete my collection, but only sets that I already had would be available.

In topic: When I visited Madrid, some random toy boutique had some Turaga and Bohrok Va, I bought one of each available!

Edited by Vraiment
  • Upvote 1

Came for the sets, stayed for the story.

Back in 2010, I stumbled across a store that was selling Tahu Mata, Gali Mata, Whenua Hordika, Visorak Boggarak, Exploriens, UFO, Knights Kingdom 2, etc.! :D :D I purchased Tahu, Gali, and a UFO set. :)

What was the name of the store?
I have no clue. :P I was on vacation in India. :P

~Daler

Back in 2010, I stumbled across a store that was selling Tahu Mata, Gali Mata, Whenua Hordika, Visorak Boggarak, Exploriens, UFO, Knights Kingdom 2, etc.! :D :D I purchased Tahu, Gali, and a UFO set. :)

It seems that the best option to find old sets is to be on vacation in some LEGO-forgoten country....

• Upvote 1

Came for the sets, stayed for the story.

I only get BIONICLES from thrift stores or online, but on the Sears website (if I remember right) I saw Krekka for a little more than 200$. (don't know if that counts though)

Amazon still sells a bunch of older sets for very highly inflated prices. It's being sold from online retailers of course, but still they are sealed sets. Toa can run $60+, Boxed sets can go $180+, and some of the real large sets are upwards of $400+.

What a bargain. 

I only get BIONICLES from thrift stores or online, but on the Sears website (if I remember right) I saw Krekka for a little more than 200$. (don't know if that counts though)

Amazon still sells a bunch of older sets for very highly inflated prices. It's being sold from online retailers of course, but still they are sealed sets. Toa can run $60+, Boxed sets can go $180+, and some of the real large sets are upwards of $400+.

What a bargain. 

I know.

Kopaka.png

stone_good.png

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Saw a Takanuva Stars back in 2012, thing was buried away behind piles of HF sets. If my memory serves me well, then I think I saw Bitil in 2010 under a shelf stocked with City sets.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

I found an Onepu in a French local store once in 2004.

I should have cleaned out the whole stock of BIONICLE while I was there, but I was way too excited about Onepu, the one elusive McToran, to care. He spent the rest of the summer running away from Nidhiki and Krekka.

• Upvote 1

I should have cleaned out the whole stock of BIONICLE while I was there, but I was way too excited about Onepu, the one elusive McToran, to care. He spent the rest of the summer running away from Nidhiki and Krekka.

Onepu? How if he was a McD's promo?

cringe

Onepu? How if he was a McD's promo?

Dark magic. I literally have no idea which is why it was so fantastic.

Now I kinda want to make a bunch of '04 Matoran...

Pre-forums purge sig kept for historical purposes:

Some cool Bionicles are the combiners. Example: Toa Jovan

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=309724

I remember being at several Toys R Us's and finding some old sets in 2011, one had several Agori (Berix, Zesk, and Tarduk), Kiina, Ackar, and Axalara T9. The other had a bunch of Stronius sets. I also remember some of the Stars being sold at a third Toys R Us until 2012, and a Borders in 2010 which had Jetrax T6 and Rockoh T3 (got it for Christmas :P).

It seems that the best option to find old sets is to be on vacation in some LEGO-forgoten country....

Agreed.

Or on Bricklink. :P

~Daler

Back in 2003, I found the kane-rare and muaka sets at wal-mart, also, they were half priced so I snatched that up, wonderful set in terms of mechanical functions by the way, pretty amazing to see that head in action.

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

• 2 weeks later...

In 2007 at a Toys R Us, I found a few boxes of Toa Lhiikan and a couple of Visorak. I didn't have money at the time however, I was just looking around (I really wish I had the funds to get Lhiikan :(  )

Oh, and in 2005 at a Wal-Mart,on one side of an aisle there were Toa Hordika and Visorak, and on the other there were still a crapload of 2003 sets. i got Takanuva and Hali that day.

And another thing, by the time the Glatorian Legends sets came out, the Mistika set wave was still on shelves.

Once more, another thing: In 2006 I had gotten Toa Norik and Toa Iruni in a two-set-in-one package at Walgreens. Later went back and got another Iruni (every Norik everywhere had been sold. I guess people must have loved him).

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

• 6 months later...

I think I beat Ghiddy at this because I found Pokemon Red in 2011 at some store in California. Also, I think I found a Mars Miner set last year at comic con and one in Target in 2012.

Please don't post in topics that haven't had a reply in over 60 days. We have a current topic about this over here, so feel free to post there.

Revived topic closed.