Quick Q About The Zyglak

Uh.... I don't think there is a specific number. Although, your question does bring up another interesting question:We know that the Matoran were produced at a certain amount, there were 100 Makuta,and the other species were probably formed in some good round number, like 500 or 10,000. So, the question now is, how many Zyglak are there total? I don't think we were ever given an estimate on their numbers, so I'm now curious about that.t1ssig.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Uh.... I don't think there is a specific number. Although, your question does bring up another interesting question:We know that the Matoran were produced at a certain amount, there were 100 Makuta,and the other species were probably formed in some good round number, like 500 or 10,000. So, the question now is, how many Zyglak are there total? I don't think we were ever given an estimate on their numbers, so I'm now curious about that.t1ssig.png

That'd be a good question to know the answer to!Since it's unlikely the Zyglak were 'recreated' like the Matoran and other species (unless they were able to reproduce on their own), odds are they're fewer in number than other MU species.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Well, Spiriah employed a tribe of hundreds of Zyglak once in Federation Of Fear.

Hundreds? *re-reads FoF on BIONICLEStory*Apparently that fleet was only small, probably only about a dozen ships, tops. How many Zyglak would've manned each ship?

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

depends on how big the ship is. think of the size of a modern crew for ship of that size

The Zyglak's ships fit the description of pirate ships, and that's a compliment towards how well-built they were. Since they were pretty much slapped together, I doubt they would've been too big, even for battleships.

I know, but they must have been able to fight with them, so it would be about the size of the mnolg boats for the patrol/refuel/scout/landing boats, and then 3 or 4 larger ships that have multiple decks. but only about 60 feet long, and 1 command ship about twice the size of that.I'm only guessing, and this is what i would imagine to be a fleet :shrugs:

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Interesting topic the Zyglak, their tribes are very large I think, there were hundreds in the fleet in Federation of Fear. However that wasn't necessarily one tribe. What always bothered me about Zyglak is, how did the Great Beings experiment with EP manage to get two totally different things, Krana could not be further from Zyglak in any aspect...

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I'd guess about 10 to 25 if this is a tribe in between small and large. Large tribe would probably be 50, and a small one would be about 5 to 10. Or, that's my estimate anyway.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

As said above we really never saw any hard figures in the story, but if these tribes are anything like real life tribes there is a lot of variation. The Hausa and Yoruba of Nigeria and its neighboring countries number around 30 million while other African 'tribes' are significantly smaller, the Hadzabe number around one thousand and I don't think this is the lower limit. You could argue that these aren't actual tribes but ethnicities, since they don't form their own political entities. However, I wouldn't go below about a hundred, since tribes are supposed to be bigger than bands. If you don't make this distinction and call bands 'tribes' as well, the smallest you could reasonably get is probably ten. I went hunting with a band of Hadzabe on a vacation in Tanzania and there were five hunters, i.e. five adult men. We barely saw the women and children but I think there were at most ten women and ten children, so that makes it less than twenty-five, probably twenty.

I too have a Quick Q About the Zyglak now. Given that everything in the Matoran Universe supposedly had a purpose, and the Zyglak were 'the Great Being's mistakes', how did the Zyglak end up in the MU? The GBs obviously created them before the MU left, as otherwise they wouldn't have been there to make them. So why did they put in a rogue species that could compromise the Great Spirits mission?

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

If they were created accidentally, it's hard to believe they had a purpose. :PThe Great Beings probably thought that, like the Matoran, the Zyglak would not be able to develop emotions and higher understanding.

That would be a bit naive of them, given they know the kind of thing Energized Protodermis does.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

I too have a Quick Q About the Zyglak now. Given that everything in the Matoran Universe supposedly had a purpose, and the Zyglak were 'the Great Being's mistakes', how did the Zyglak end up in the MU? The GBs obviously created them before the MU left, as otherwise they wouldn't have been there to make them. So why did they put in a rogue species that could compromise the Great Spirits mission?

^ Maybe the zyglak species were supposed to perform a purpose, then they went rogue and crazy after Mata Nui left.

Nope. The Zyglak were created by accident, and served no purpose whatsoever.The GBs decided to let the Zyglak live in the MU despite that, probably to keep them out of the GB's hair, without committing mass murder that could potentially have seen many GBs killed in revenge as well. Edited by Makuta_of_Oz

Uh.... I don't think there is a specific number. Although, your question does bring up another interesting question: We know that the Matoran were produced at a certain amount, there were 100 Makuta,and the other species were probably formed in some good round number, like 500 or 10,000. So, the question now is, how many Zyglak are there total? I don't think we were ever given an estimate on their numbers, so I'm now curious about that. t1ssig.png

That'd be a good question to know the answer to! Since it's unlikely the Zyglak were 'recreated' like the Matoran and other species (unless they were able to reproduce on their own), odds are they're fewer in number than other MU species.
EW! MENTAL SCAR! MENTAL SCAR!Well, a specific number of Zyglak in existence was never mentioned, as their existence is a complete accident. I'm guessing there's probably no more than 500.

The GB were pretty sloppy when they made the Matoran Universe, so leaving the Zyglak in could have been a mistake.I hate that word Zyglak. It is so ugly.

Think the way the name sounds is a testament to what the actual Zyglak are like. Its a wonder the GB's plan succeeded with some of the mistakes they made...

The GBs decided to let the Zyglak live in the MU despite that, probably to keep them out of the GB's hair, without committing mass murder that could potentially have seen many GBs killed in revenge as well.

What with the GBs creating Marendar, I'd say they aren't entirely opposed to mass murder Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

I personally think the Krana were created inside the MU, so when the Zyglak came into being, they were already in the MU. Then they escaped the GBs. Or another possibility is that the GBs, like Artakha with the Crystal Serpents, didn't want to destroy what they had created (sure, they created Marendar to destroy the Toa, but that was just a precaution, they weren't sure if the Toa would go bad or not).As for their numbers, we have to remember that there are hundreds, maybe thousands, of Bohrok, so there are hundreds of Krana too. If there was a 50-50 possibility of whatever was used to create Krana becoming Krana or Zyglak, then there are probably hundreds of Zyglak in the MU.

632461607_Bannerdefinitivopiccolo.png.8e4bc632ba965c6eaef9247ce71df1d7.png
My collection of epics: The Sanctum of Writing

We also have to take into account Zyglak that have died....

^ Maybe the zyglak species were supposed to perform a purpose, then they went rogue and crazy after Mata Nui left.

Nope. The Zyglak were created by accident, and served no purpose whatsoever.The GBs decided to let the Zyglak live in the MU despite that, probably to keep them out of the GB's hair, without committing mass murder that could potentially have seen many GBs killed in revenge as well.
I get the impression that the GB's weren't exactly averse to the idea of mass murder if something went wrong. I get the impression that they would actually be more willing to destroy a mistake than they would be to just let it go free.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

If the GBs preferred to destroy mistakes rather than let them go free, then they would've killed the Zyglak.*begins to imagine an alternate universe with no Zyglak*

If the GBs preferred to destroy mistakes rather than let them go free, then they would've killed the Zyglak.*begins to imagine an alternate universe with no Zyglak*

Since when have the Great Beings destroyed any of their mistakes? The Element Lords and the Baterra are still around...

Since when have the Great Beings destroyed any of their mistakes? The Element Lords and the Baterra are still around...
Toa of Nerds was the one who said it.The GBs actually did try and shut down the baterra, but failed.