What is Your Dream Bionicle Set?

Toa o Uria

Do not hate me, but personally, I really liked the playsets back in '05-'07. I wish they did it back in '08 so I can get to see minifigures of Ouna, Lewa, Tahu, and many many more. But then again, Weren't the playsets not that popular?

You and I, we think alike. ;)

Well, sort of. I didn't really wish we had playsets in 2008. After three years of relatively mediocre minifigures and set designs, I wasn't really craving more of the same.

But I would LOVE for the return of playsets for the new Bionicle! I always thought one of the weaknesses of the classic playsets was just their timing—their release late in Bionicle's lifespan doomed them to making do with generic environments and overly grim subject matter. I often wished the playsets had gotten to cover amazing locales like Mata Nui, with diverse settings that never got a chance at being depicted in sets. Now, with the new island of Okoto, we have that chance. And if last year's Mini-Heroes from the Hero Factory theme are any indication, we'd also have a shot at much better minifigure designs—individually movable legs, decent proportions, and accessories like masks and armor that'd be compatible with traditional minifigures! Combine that with the unique architecture and diverse biomes of Okoto, and you could have some absolutely stellar sets.

Unfortunately, I don't really see that happening any time soon. The classic playsets did not sell well, and I don't know if last year's Hero Factory sets did either. My best hope now is for Bionicle figs and content to get featured in Lego Dimensions, which probably won't happen at least until we get some vehicles (and probably some more prominent story media).

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I would have loved an Artakha set. And more playsets

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I built mine; Marendar. :D

But seriously? I'd have loved to have seen some Mata or Metru Nui-based playsets. Just imagine the chute system!

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...