A Fate In Vain

hmmm, i have been very disappointed with the fate of the toa mahri, they had so much character development, and for some of them, since day one! They were the main characters for many chapters of the bionicle story just to end up as mindless slaves to a unnamed being!what are your opinions on this subject and what are some other times that you have been disappointed by a story twist?

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

This is just a theory of mine, but if someone or something killed the golden thing, wouldn't everyone under his hypnosis snap out of it?

Easier said than done. I'd imagine anyone trying to kill it would have to have mind shielding or be very powerful. I'm thinking possibly alternate Teridax is one of the most powerful people about now, and I don't think he's opposed to fusion murder...

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

This is just a theory of mine, but if someone or something killed the golden thing, wouldn't everyone under his hypnosis snap out of it?

Easier said than done. I'd imagine anyone trying to kill it would have to have mind shielding or be very powerful. I'm thinking possibly alternate Teridax is one of the most powerful people about now, and I don't think he's opposed to fusion murder...
Yeah, we saw Anonna (a very powerful being) try.I'm pretty sure Greg isn't gonna leave the Mahri under its spell for the rest of the story. That would be plain stupid. Look at what happened with the Hagah. At the end of 2008, they were pretty much under a spell too. Greg fixed that in a few months with Tren Krom.

Sahmad could have dreamed him out of existence, thus killing him, but he chose not to.

He chose not to because he had no quarrel with the gold-skinned being. I think they're friends now.But yeah, that would be a major weakness for the being.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Honestly, when I read the thread title I thought this would be about Matoro's sacrifice indirectly resulting in Teridax taking over the universe. Talk about a kick in the teeth. But no, I doubt the Mahri will be left as slaves for the rest of time; they'll get some kind of way out when the story looks their way again.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

They did make a disappearance, but I have no doubt they'll reappear somehow. I doubt Greg would make them slaves as their destiny - he might have something bigger planned for them. We'll see what the future holds for the team.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

They did make a disappearance, but I have no doubt they'll reappear somehow. I doubt Greg would make them slaves as their destiny - he might have something bigger planned for them. We'll see what the future holds for the team.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the mahri already achieved their destiny, which was to get the mask of life and save Mata Nui's life. Matoro just drew the short straw out of the six of them as far as that destiny was concerned...

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the mahri already achieved their destiny, which was to get the mask of life and save Mata Nui's life. Matoro just drew the short straw out of the six of them as far as that destiny was concerned...
I agree, they completed their destiny as of 2007. Personally, I think this is just where they are in the story. We've had them in the spotlight for a while. 2006-2007 was a really big time, Jaller had a whole movie that he was in (and Hahli for like, 10 minutes, as well as Hewkii playing kohlii for like 4 minutes) Kongu and Matoro had some spotlight in MNOG, and MNOGII had Hahli as the main, and we all remember Nuparu in the Bohrok Online Animations. They're taking a breal for the time being, hypontised for the moment.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I'm pretty sure the Mahri would have been freed by now if the story wasn't on hiatus. Leaving them enslaved would be a pretty bad choice.As for things that disappointed me in the story, 2010 onwards. Not that it's terrible per se, it's just a waste of the buildup that had been building in the serials (Melding Teridax, dark Takanuva, etcetera etcetera) and I just really wanted to see the VotM/Bota Magna story years.

AXKP5KC.png