Disney Unseats LEGO as World's Most Powerful Brand

Disney has dethroned LEGO as the world's most powerful brand, according to this year's rankings by brand strategy and valuation consultancy Brand Finance. A lot of this is chalked up to the surging popularity of Star Wars media and merchandise in the wake of the movie Star Wars: The Force Awakens. However, LEGO still maintains a strong number two position in the new rankings, and no other toy brands were within the top ten. Follow the link above to read more about Brand Finance's methodology and how other brands fared.

View the full article

I don't get how this unseats LEGO as the worlds most powerful brand, it doesn't make any sense. Lets just hope that in the future LEGO can become the worlds most powerful brand again, they have BIONICLE which is really popular and overall well liked and respected by most, much like Disney's icons and themes, so I think that in due time LEGO can get back on their feet, after all, these bigger brands (like Disney) can't stay standing forever, can they?

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Disney has dethroned LEGO as the world's most powerful brand, according to this year's rankings by brand strategy and valuation consultancy Brand Finance. A lot of this is chalked up to the surging popularity of Star Wars media and merchandise in the wake of the movie Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Except that Lego made the Force awakens sets, so not sure how this works. The companies practically have a collaborative relationship at this point.

Disney has dethroned LEGO as the world's most powerful brand, according to this year's rankings by brand strategy and valuation consultancy Brand Finance. A lot of this is chalked up to the surging popularity of Star Wars media and merchandise in the wake of the movie Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Except that Lego made the Force awakens sets, so not sure how this works. The companies practically have a collaborative relationship at this point.

A collaborative relationship doesn't mean the brands are equally powerful. And while LEGO Star Wars brand could be considered a part of both brands, Star Wars as a whole is not.

Doesn't bother me honestly. I doubt LEGO is hurting in any way from money, product quality, to brand recognition (well, at least not more than usual with some parents <_< ). Besides, I love Disney, especially with Star Wars and The Force Awakens. I doubt anyone needs proof from some ranking or statistic to know that we love LEGO, and I doubt it'll affect them in any way so it's of any concern, and it probably only would be if set quality or prices started changing from it (which is heavily doubtful they would).